PDA

View Full Version : New Beta Keys - July 15th.

Konstantin Fomenko
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Dear Forumers,

Quick announcement to counter a lot of questions and private messages that have been flooding in...

New beta wave starts on July 15th. We will invite EVERYONE who signs-up on our website until July 14th. In addition our publisher will give away 4000+ keys at various retail websites.

Next wave will start on August 1st.

Also towards mid August we are starting true Open Beta - with anyone being able to download the client on our website together with the CD Key. However open beta will only last 2 weeks.

And to remind you - the beta will keep on going until end of August. As we`ll need to take the server down for a week prior to September 6th release.

Brotolemaeus
07-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Maybe that will finally stop all the threads. Ten more days to go!

Ducard
07-04-2011, 10:28 AM
Willl the Beta-Keys expire that have been send out in the last wave?

Chapa
07-04-2011, 12:37 PM
thanks for the announcement, much appreciated.

LegitPavilion
07-04-2011, 10:45 PM
Sounds good, keep up the hard work.

thebutcher85
07-05-2011, 11:11 AM
Also towards mid August we are starting true Open Beta - with anyone being able to download the client on our website together with the CD Key. However open beta will only last 2 weeks.

yea they are start the REAL, super, awesome, fantastic OPEN beta! :D

i hope, i can help as a beta tester for a game without bugs :p

Zexus
07-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Willl the Beta-Keys expire that have been send out in the last wave?

Will this happen ??! :eek:

Brotolemaeus
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I highly doubt that would happen.

The Ginger Ninja
07-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Great to hear, but i've been trying to get a beta key for the past three weeks, and it still says i haven't been a member long enough to get one. Am i going to miss the 14th deadline?

valiant
07-08-2011, 04:14 AM
Hi I really looking forward to this game, and would like to try the beta. But i can't apply to the beta. You say you will invite everyone for teh beta wave on July 15th. So should i just stay put and wait for the invitation?

Thx, greetz Alwin

Dear Forumers,

Quick announcement to counter a lot of questions and private messages that have been flooding in...

New beta wave starts on July 15th. We will invite EVERYONE who signs-up on our website until July 14th. In addition our publisher will give away 4000+ keys at various retail websites.

And to remind you - the beta will keep on going until end of August. As we`ll need to take the server down for a week prior to September 6th release.

Cavalier
07-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Very much looking forward to this...

Toland
07-09-2011, 05:05 AM
Hope the beta goes well :)

Vixeyrose
07-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I also would like a Beta Key. This game looks very addicting. Hope to see you guys on the field.

maitrader
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
How long do I have to be a member to qualify for beta?

NZeal
07-10-2011, 12:51 AM
^
I'd also like to know how long you need to be a member to qualify.

If possible would I be able to receive a beta-key if I can't qualify by July the 15th?

maximusfive
07-10-2011, 02:47 AM
I think the first message is implying that everyone who registers an account for the forums will receive a key, however, I am VERY unsure of that, and would like some kind of official comment on whether that's right or not.

Sunlancer
07-10-2011, 06:51 AM
I have read this forum till my eyes bled and sure would like some clarification on how EXACTLY to qualify for a key. This would include the time frame required, the number of posts required, whether the link that says, "You have not been a member long enough to qualify for a open beta key. Try again in the future!" is based on posts or the actual passage of time.

So far the majority traffic I have seen on the forum is about everyone trying to get in and wondering why they cannot.

Brotolemaeus
07-10-2011, 07:02 AM
I am pretty sure no matter how old your account or how many posts you have, we are waiting on the 15th for more invites.

Norsha
07-10-2011, 07:26 AM
I am pretty sure no matter how old your account or how many posts you have, we are waiting on the 15th for more invites.

You are probably correct, but it would be nice to have it spelled out so we can use patience and stop searching for the answers in the forum.

Norsh

simplixity
07-10-2011, 08:27 PM
so is this game f2p or p2p? (when official launch)

GPS51
07-10-2011, 09:12 PM
p2p and no monthly subscription.

Cavalier
07-10-2011, 10:40 PM
Dear Forumers,

It will not allow me to apply- says I am too new a member.

Sweetfly
07-11-2011, 08:40 AM
It will not allow me to apply- says I am too new a member.
wait for 15th and apply again

Cavalier
07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
wait for 15th and apply again

Thanks- appreciate the response.

todobetas.com
07-11-2011, 03:54 PM
I can't wait to help on test the beta event ;)

leznix
07-11-2011, 07:10 PM
I just found out about this game. Wonder how did it slip through my radar.

Well too bad I cant apply for beta as they said I am too new to the forum.

Bummer :(

csontoro
07-11-2011, 11:32 PM
Hi everyone i have been waiting for this game for years.It seems i stopped checking the site and betas stared.I hope i get into the next wave.

empy
07-12-2011, 03:01 AM
Well the post sais everyone who sings up before 14th July will get a key next wave and since you are singed up I guess you will get a key next wave.

theartofkey
07-12-2011, 04:44 AM
where is The Website to Download Client and Patch

I can't register to get Test Key....

DOminator
07-12-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi I really looking forward to this game, and would like to try the beta. But i can't apply to the beta. You say you will invite everyone for teh beta wave on July 15th. So should i just stay put and wait for the invitation?

Thx, greetz Alwin

I have the same question. Only found it about this game yesterday and it looks... Well I can't find the words for it. I've joined this site immediately and I would really like to join that beta.

It is before the 14th, so does that mean I can join as well in a few days?

IrishVal
07-12-2011, 06:59 AM
so is this game f2p or p2p? (when official launch)

its buy to play; one off purchase and free then. :)

EmperorOfDoom
07-12-2011, 07:16 AM
Only 3 more days for the new keys, can't wait.

edvepe
07-12-2011, 08:32 AM
The game looks really interesting and cant wait to try it out!

Kyrie of Mountain Wolfs
07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
damn cant wait the game and sticll i cant get a key :/

nyct3a
07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
....I'm completly new to this game and forum... (sure i heard some stuffs about it ~1year ago but that wasn't anything amazing)

got the tip from a friend... and it seems like i made it just in time. ^^ (i hope the game is as fun as it looks)

Vortal_Zaran
07-12-2011, 09:47 PM
hopefully you're right nyct3a

Dragonax
07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to try out this game, looks interesting.

DOminator
07-13-2011, 08:38 AM
its buy to play; one off purchase and free then. :)

any idea of how much it's going to cost? Can't find that anywhere.

Grubbel
07-13-2011, 09:39 AM
any idea of how much it's going to cost? Can't find that anywhere.

Have seen it for ~30€ in an online shop (germany).

theresa6630
07-13-2011, 02:03 PM
Dear Forumers,

I would really like to have new informations about on a few questions.

First, how long do we have to wait in order to register for a beta ? Right now I can't register to the Open beta and it says "Register BEFORE 15th of july".

So my second question is, do I have a chance then ? Before july 15th, in two days, I hope EVERYONE can register like you said.

3rd question, Do you have any idea about the price ? I would buy the game anyway even if it is 50$ or more but that's formality, you have to ask for the price.

4th question, If we can't register before 15th of july, can we register the exact day (07/15) ?

5th question, You said there'll be partenaire websites who'll provide beta access keys. Can we have a list of at least one or two of these websites or do we have to search for them ourselves ?

That's all I can think for now. Maybe I can come with more interessting questions and PM/e-mail them to you but then again, I don't know if you would read them or even read this.
Anyway many thanks for reading (If you do so) this and I hope you can give me/us some more information because we ARE interested in your game. Have a nice day and good job with your awesome game.

ToniToolTime
07-13-2011, 02:31 PM
I would really like to have new informations about on a few questions.

First, how long do we have to wait in order to register for a beta ? Right now I can't register to the Open beta and it says "Register BEFORE 15th of july".

So my second question is, do I have a chance then ? Before july 15th, in two days, I hope EVERYONE can register like you said.

3rd question, Do you have any idea about the price ? I would buy the game anyway even if it is 50$ or more but that's formality, you have to ask for the price.

4th question, If we can't register before 15th of july, can we register the exact day (07/15) ?

5th question, You said there'll be partenaire websites who'll provide beta access keys. Can we have a list of at least one or two of these websites or do we have to search for them ourselves ?

That's all I can think for now. Maybe I can come with more interessting questions and PM/e-mail them to you but then again, I don't know if you would read them or even read this.
Anyway many thanks for reading (If you do so) this and I hope you can give me/us some more information because we ARE interested in your game. Have a nice day and good job with your awesome game.

Maybe you should take the time to read the forums, instead of making this big long, unnecessary post. It's annoying have every single person ask the same question over, and over, and over, and over, and over, and over again. If you registered on the forums, BEFORE the day of July 15th, then you are apt to be in the beta. Even if you don't, there will be thousands of keys given out. There is no doubt in my mind that you won't get a beta key. You're registered in the forums. You're getting in. This game is going to be free to play (may subject to change, I am not a representative so I don't know), for the most part it is going to be like a cash shop. No, you cannot register on the 15th of July. You have to have registered by the 14th at the end of a certain time. When the beta keys are given out for the partnered websites, I'm sure they will tell you where to go. Until then, don't ask something you don't need to know about right now.

Go read up on the guide and the lore, characters stories, units, how to play, etc. You can learn about the game, while you wait to play it. (I feel like a broken record, I hate posting the same thing every day)

Arausio
07-13-2011, 04:33 PM
hmmm Nice long post ;) thanks for clearing it all up for me i got tired of reading that no one could register and this helped alot

ToniToolTime
07-13-2011, 11:11 PM
No problem honey.

sgtrandall55
07-14-2011, 12:40 AM
its going to be like guild wars, you pay for the game then you play lifetime, no subscription fees

maddukle0
07-14-2011, 01:04 AM
what do you do if you cant register?
whenever i try to register for beta it says i am too new

Lorthirk
07-14-2011, 03:48 AM
what do you do if you cant register?
whenever i try to register for beta it says i am too new

Wait for tomorrow :)

ozgun
07-14-2011, 06:21 AM
i want to know that i signed up in 14 july and can i get a beta key?

Lucifers
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
i cant longer wait to get beta key :eek: just few hours left :D ;)

theresa6630
07-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I hope you are right because you just spoke to me like you were insulting ... I just asked a FEW questions about things everyone else wants to know. You just have to look at the guy who posted after you, he was searching for the same thing so instead of saying that you repeat yourself over and over, just give the correct answer. Though I thank you for giving the anwser and yet I still cannot register. Like I said, I hope you are right, I hope. I did a little research before posting it but couldn't find anything interesting SO I posted here and didn't create a new thread.

ToniToolTime
07-14-2011, 12:59 PM
I hope you are right because you just spoke to me like you were insulting ... I just asked a FEW questions about things everyone else wants to know. You just have to look at the guy who posted after you, he was searching for the same thing so instead of saying that you repeat yourself over and over, just give the correct answer. Though I thank you for giving the anwser and yet I still cannot register. Like I said, I hope you are right, I hope. I did a little research before posting it but couldn't find anything interesting SO I posted here and didn't create a new thread.

I am honestly sorry for the way I responded. I was just a little upset coming to the forums everyday and having new and new posts asking the same, exact thing. I apologize.

"New beta wave starts on July 15th. We will invite EVERYONE who signs-up on our website until July 14th. In addition our publisher will give away 4000+ keys at various retail websites."

That means, people who have registered on the forums will get a key. Today, it ends, since it is the 14th. Everyone who has posted last and every day before will get in.

Cheers, honey.

KrackerCo
07-14-2011, 02:12 PM
heard about this from www.gamespot.com and its looking to be really good, hope i get in the beta.

Cavalier
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Toni, I guess the problem for new people (me included) is the wording of the announcement on the main page:

The Dawn of Fantasy beta sign-ups are now open. Register now for your chance to get in. Click here to register.

When you click, you are brought to a screen that says:

Beta sign-ups continue. Register before July 15 to join the next wave.

To determine if you are eligible for a open beta key, press the Apply button below. If you qualify, you will be distributed a key.

The ambiguity for me (as well as the others here on this thread) is what Reverie referring to when it says register before July 15. The way it reads, it appears that registration is referring to beta beta key registration rather than forum registration. And when I click "apply", it says I am too new to the forums. So, in my mind (like that of the other posters in this thread), it seems that we are unable to register for the beta before July 15 because we are too new to the forums, and so we will not be able to participate in the beta.

Believe me, I really hope you are right on this. My problem (being a lawyer with a lot of contract experience) is that I may be overanalyzing the language.

One potential solution is for a veteran like you to tell us what it says when you try to apply for the beta. If it does not let you apply yet either, then it suggests that you are right. If you are able to apply, then unfortunately, I (along with the other newbies) are probably out of luck for the moment.

ToniToolTime
07-14-2011, 03:10 PM
Toni, I guess the problem for new people (me included) is the wording of the announcement on the main page:

The Dawn of Fantasy beta sign-ups are now open. Register now for your chance to get in. Click here to register.

When you click, you are brought to a screen that says:

Beta sign-ups continue. Register before July 15 to join the next wave.

To determine if you are eligible for a open beta key, press the Apply button below. If you qualify, you will be distributed a key.

The ambiguity for me (as well as the others here on this thread) is what Reverie referring to when it says register before July 15. The way it reads, it appears that registration is referring to beta beta key registration rather than forum registration. And when I click "apply", it says I am too new to the forums. So, in my mind (like that of the other posters in this thread), it seems that we are unable to register for the beta before July 15 because we are too new to the forums, and so we will not be able to participate in the beta.

Believe me, I really hope you are right on this. My problem (being a lawyer with a lot of contract experience) is that I may be overanalyzing the language.

One potential solution is for a veteran like you to tell us what it says when you try to apply for the beta. If it does not let you apply yet either, then it suggests that you are right. If you are able to apply, then unfortunately, I (along with the other newbies) are probably out of luck for the moment.

Oh, baby... no. I honestly believe that that stupid button isn't being used, or has no use at this time. I am no elder of this community, I am actually as new as any of you. I only joined last month. I have not once been able to get anything other than the dreaded "You are too new to the forums", just like everyone else. Every single day I come on, I click it at least 20 times before I go to bed throughout the day. I don't know why, I just do.. (just in case). But, as far as I'm concerned, no, it has no use as of yet. I think tomorrow, on Friday, then we will be able to use it. If not, then I don't know. If I'm not mistaken everyone who has registered before today will get e-mailed the beta key. There is no reason to worry, hun. Promise :).

GPS51
07-14-2011, 03:21 PM
Because this is several rounds into the beta stages the button link in question ^^^^ has been used several times. Right now it states that everyone is too new as there are no keys to be had until tomorrow. Try not to crash the beta key machine more then a couple of times tomorrow ok? ;)

ToniToolTime
07-14-2011, 03:26 PM
Girl, I just click it like everyone else does, in hopes of a different page.
I know it's been used before. I'm just saying, like you said, and as I've said before, it's not being used right now.

Pbravo
07-14-2011, 04:42 PM
I made an account today does this entitle me for the beta or no?

GPS51
07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
That's good. You'll still need to apply for the beta tomorrow. gl.

RockSauron
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
the wording did confuse me... But tomorrow, everyone wo signed up should be in, right? guess I'll see tomorrow. Honestly, just posting in case there is a hidden "must have a post count" clause. :/ Ah well, we'll see tomorrow. <__________________>

Astrocat
07-14-2011, 06:04 PM
The wording really confused me too. I just registered today after finding out about this awesome game. I wonder if I am going to be allowed into the beta. Someone mentioned that keys were also going to be given out on gaming websites. If I don't get in, what websites should I look at to find the retail keys?

jungleninja
07-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Too bad no official replies to these comments. Too bad, too sad. I hope we all get a beta key.

Drumline
07-14-2011, 10:37 PM
Soooo, is it bad that its been the 15th for 36 minutes and ive been clicking the Register for Beta thing like a madman?

EmperorOfDoom
07-15-2011, 01:10 AM
Well they probably didn't program it so it will have to be set to give everyone who registered before 15th July access manually. Since it is like 4am where their game studio is located it might stilll take a while.

Smidth
07-15-2011, 01:24 AM
where are the game studio located??

EmperorOfDoom
07-15-2011, 01:36 AM
Toronto, Ontario, Canada,

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 01:41 AM
My anxiety is shooting through the roof. I just hope I don't scream and wake up my boyfriend when I get my beta key.. LOL.

DOminator
07-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Precious my precious!!! We need it, we wants it.
Why do they not give it to us why why? *gollem gollem*
Give us the precious!!

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 02:31 AM
Precious my precious!!! We need it, we wants it.
Why do they not give it to us why why? *gollem gollem*
Give us the precious!!

You know what's so funny? My name was Smeagol in 6th grade, because I used to do the voice. You didn't want to see me when I acted like Gollum, though. I would jump from one couch to another, and twist my head like the baby in Trainspotting. True story.

karli22
07-15-2011, 02:34 AM
You know what's so funny? My name was Smeagol in 6th grade, because I used to do the voice. You didn't want to see me when I acted like Gollum, though. I would jump from one couch to another, and twist my head like the baby in Trainspotting. True story.

Cool story bro/sis

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 02:39 AM
Still waiting, even got home from work early for this, guess its gonna be another miss. Always getting dissapointed with game makers lately, only few games live up to their real standards. I sure hope this one does though.

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 02:45 AM
Cool story bro/sis

How's life in Estonia?

karli22
07-15-2011, 02:48 AM
How's life in Estonia?

S' nice. Wi-fi on every corner :3

DOminator
07-15-2011, 04:34 AM
Still waiting, even got home from work early for this, guess its gonna be another miss. Always getting dissapointed with game makers lately, only few games live up to their real standards. I sure hope this one does though.

they said 15th, not what time ;). Even if they wait to 24:00 (GMT/their time, whatever comes later) they're still on time.

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 06:03 AM
they said 15th, not what time ;). Even if they wait to 24:00 (GMT/their time, whatever comes later) they're still on time.

True! I dont wanna sound like a whiner, but hey...been burned a couple of times with game companies. Dont trust em...only as far as I can toss em! ;)

disasterjoe
07-15-2011, 06:25 AM
i really want a beta key maybe i have to post first huh?

Sleeper
07-15-2011, 06:27 AM
I hope ill get to beta too... I found this game yesterday and I just cant think about playing something else :P

karli22
07-15-2011, 06:28 AM
i really want a beta key maybe i have to post first huh?

Look around the forums before you start clicking and panicking.

disasterjoe
07-15-2011, 06:31 AM
im still looking i signed up 10minutes ago if i dont get a key ill perma die.

HellZoZ
07-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Looking forward tot ry this game.

Smidth
07-15-2011, 07:15 AM
i would like to ask, if 1 of the guys working on this game, can post the time, that the beta keys are gonna be send out of there

Lorthirk
07-15-2011, 07:47 AM
Mhhh... Sorry for the maybe-stupid question, but... are we SURE that signing up to the forum is the same of signing up to the site? What if they consider "signing up to the site" clicking on the button on top and successfully applying?

GPS51
07-15-2011, 07:48 AM
Usually RWS releases keys ~3 or 6pm EST. Provided the masses don't lag out the key generator lilke has happened before.

DOminator
07-15-2011, 09:29 AM
so that's in half an hour from now?

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 09:37 AM
It wont happen, mark my words! :mad:

leznix
07-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Signed up on the 12th of July, but still no keys :(

GPS51
07-15-2011, 10:15 AM
It's been pushed back to monday 18th. Check the "announcements thread" in the beta forum for details.

DOminator
07-15-2011, 11:14 AM
I can't find that anywhere?

found it:
isn't that just about an update in stead of the key give away?

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 11:30 AM
Just as I said. Too bad, too sad. Seen it before, not a good sign for a new company. All the same, I wish them the best, but this just demped my feelings. Sure hope they live up to our expectations with such a grand undertaking.

EmperorOfDoom
07-15-2011, 01:23 PM
New beta wave starts on July 15th. We will invite EVERYONE who signs-up on our website until July 14th.

Starts on July 15th and it is still July 15th so they are not even late yet, some people have no patience.

Smiles
07-15-2011, 02:15 PM
I'ts the same for me. I really wanted to try this game out but I guess I will have to wait till next wave or open beta.

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 02:22 PM
I'ts the same for me. I really wanted to try this game out but I guess I will have to wait till next wave or open beta.

OK, you need to stop right now. You joined on the 12th, you're getting in. That's all. You're getting in. Stop.

Dante453
07-15-2011, 02:26 PM
damn i Don't think i will be in this wave haha just have to wait to august...damn lol :cool:

karli22
07-15-2011, 02:30 PM
damn i Don't think i will be in this wave haha just have to wait to august...damn lol :cool:

READ
THE
DAMN
FORUM
BEFORE
YOU
Dante453
07-15-2011, 02:35 PM
READ
THE
DAMN
FORUM
BEFORE
YOU

I
READ
THE
DAMN
FORUM
BEFORE
I
POSTED

bossblood
07-15-2011, 04:05 PM
I missed it by a day, the story of my life :(

giangvu
07-15-2011, 04:49 PM
I missed it by a day, the story of my life :(

I gonna have an extra key. I will trade with u for your soul.

bossblood
07-15-2011, 05:50 PM
I gonna have an extra key. I will trade with u for your soul.

I can send you an invite only code to http://www.steamgifts.com for it :)

giangvu
07-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I can send you an invite only code to http://www.steamgifts.com for it :)

=O yes pl0x. i will send u a private email on here.

Anyway, wat race u gonna play ?

I am playing Orc !!!

bossblood
07-15-2011, 07:18 PM
=O yes pl0x. i will send u a private email on here.

Anyway, wat race u gonna play ?

I am playing Orc !!!

Cool and thank you.

Probably Orc also :)

When you send it let me know what email address to have the invitation sent to and I will send it right then.

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 09:14 PM
Yep, just as I told you guys, no keys. Darn, I knew it not to trust these companies. Guess I wont be buying it right away either. Been burned to many times by companies promising cookies, etc. Have fun people!

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Yep, just as I told you guys, no keys. Darn, I knew it not to trust these companies. Guess I wont be buying it right away either. Been burned to many times by companies promising cookies, etc. Have fun people!

Get off the forums and never come back.
I'm truly saddened about the way you've acted ever since you've joined.
All you did, this whole time was complain, and complain, and complain.
Stop whining about things that aren't even relevant nor rational.
It's really sad and pathetic.

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Get off the forums and never come back.
I'm truly saddened about the way you've acted ever since you've joined.
All you did, this whole time was complain, and complain, and complain.
Stop whining about things that aren't even relevant nor rational.
It's really sad and pathetic.

You know whats sad and pathetic? Is promising things and not delivering, thats sad and it sad you cant even see it. You know what? Thats why companies get away with these things, because people like you kiss the very ground they walk upon without a question. I dont do that anymore. I look at what they deliver. And.........its been the 15th and no key. So......

giangvu
07-15-2011, 09:36 PM
You know whats sad and pathetic? Is promising things and not delivering, thats sad and it sad you cant even see it. You know what? Thats why companies get away with these things, because people like you kiss the very ground they walk upon without a question. I dont do that anymore. I look at what they deliver. And.........its been the 15th and no key. So......

i smell trolls and potential fights between butthurts. The game is damn free. And who would give it a f*** if they deliver or not. If they did give the keys, it gonna build up their credibilities. If not ? i dun care. I lied a lot anyway.:D

GPS51
07-15-2011, 10:38 PM
You guys act like there's never been a delay before.. what's worse? releasing keys and a patch that is bugged or fixing the final bugs in the build so the testers can report new bugs? The POINT of a beta is to HELP the COMPANY not you..

ToniToolTime
07-15-2011, 10:48 PM
You guys act like there's never been a delay before.. what's worse? releasing keys and a patch that is bugged or fixing the final bugs in the build so the testers can report new bugs? The POINT of a beta is to HELP the COMPANY not you..

Nicely said, Estonian.

<3

giangvu
07-15-2011, 11:18 PM

never noticed u joined since 2009... U must be da king of patience *bow bow*

GPS51
07-15-2011, 11:31 PM
Yeah. I really liked the idea of dof (back in the day when I joined super closed beta 2). I waited months to get my key (really) and then I had the option of playing castle siege only...then "CAME THE PATCH" and I could defend castles provided I didn't lag out. That was it. No Kingdom wars, no home city building/quests. Still it was hard to miss the potential and the amount of dev traffic on the forums as they chatted it up with the forumers. I've really enjoyed using the beta testers suggestions for building siege defenses for my home city :) Sadly my ideas didn't make it in :( Just a little history is all. Be patient and the beta key will come to you :D

Astrocat
07-16-2011, 12:08 AM
I'm perfectly fine with waiting as long as it takes the developers to fix this game up, whether its a day, a month, or even longer, but what's really maddening is not knowing what's going on! Maybe someone (preferably a developer) can clear up some confusion
1) Some people are saying you need 1/10/whatever posts, and others are saying you don't, and it's not at all clear who is right
2) Some are saying that everyone who registered before the 15th will get in, some are saying before or on the 15th, some are saying before 24:00 midnight on the 14th, some are saying before a certain time during the 15th, the 18th, next month, etc. Again, there's been no real reason to believe one person over another, so that's why I'd like to see a developer respond.
3) There are multiple places that are giving out beta keys, such as the "apply now" button, the banner at the top, forum threads, and others. Which one are we supposed to be using?

karli22
07-16-2011, 12:33 AM
Nicely said, Estonian.

<3

Wrong name? ^^

ToniToolTime
07-16-2011, 01:25 AM
Wrong name? ^^

Woopsie. LOL

inyourmind
07-16-2011, 01:45 AM
So were the Keys sent out?

Smidth
07-16-2011, 02:16 AM
i wonder right now, cause on Reverie world website it says, The beta now is here, os have the beta key been send or you have to do something to get it??

DOminator
07-16-2011, 02:22 AM
not yet, and I agree with Astrocrat. I don't mind waiting, but I would like to know how long I have to wait.

I think game developers should learn it's better to say it's coming out the 20th and then sent beta-key's the 19th the telling it comes the 15th and don't give it till the 18th.

But, indeed it's better they deliver good work, then half finished work.

Smidth
07-16-2011, 02:24 AM
i have to agree with that

Metal
07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
Didn't get any key at all, but will gonna wait out for sure.

Smidth
07-16-2011, 02:29 AM
i'm gonna wait too cause i think it is gonna be awesome

TheKureDude
07-16-2011, 04:07 AM
I signed up before July the 14th and I haven't received any yet and it still says "You have not been a member long enough to qualify for a open beta key. Try again in the future!"

SteelWolf2000
07-16-2011, 04:11 AM
where a beta key?

DOminator
07-16-2011, 04:17 AM
for all the whiners:

We will all receive the key we just have to be patient for some time.

SteelWolf2000
07-16-2011, 04:19 AM
for all the whiners:

We will all receive the key we just have to be patient for some time.

Thank you for your reply
I hope that this will be

Zaradoom
07-16-2011, 05:13 AM
No keys sent out.

And to all the Fanbois: It is no problem to not deliver, IF you let the people know. Telling people that keys will come and not deliver without any warning is just plain lying to people and that is bad, no matter the payment model they use.

And btw: Free to Play? Grow up and name ONE "Free to play" that is really free. Every F2P i tried (about 15 now) has cost me WAY more then any pay to play game i ever played. And i actually never spent more then i needed to play unter the top 50%. To play under the top 10% you usually have to shelf out several dozen if not HUNDRED of dollars a month.

This game will not be differend.

Fate
07-16-2011, 05:56 AM
No keys sent out.

And to all the Fanbois: It is no problem to not deliver, IF you let the people know. Telling people that keys will come and not deliver without any warning is just plain lying to people and that is bad, no matter the payment model they use.

And btw: Free to Play? Grow up and name ONE "Free to play" that is really free. Every F2P i tried (about 15 now) has cost me WAY more then any pay to play game i ever played. And i actually never spent more then i needed to play unter the top 50%. To play under the top 10% you usually have to shelf out several dozen if not HUNDRED of dollars a month.

This game is pay to play... you buy it once and play forever.

Zaradoom
07-16-2011, 06:46 AM
will allow players to purchase additional content in the form of expansions, quest packs, and new units and items in exchange for a small fee

This sounds like an Itemshop, doesn`t it?
So this is even worse... pay upfront AND be forced to pay more for non fluff items. Units and Items seem pretty importaint, aye? ;-)

This game is far from free. And for a game that will cost money the company should start to be honest right away. Noone will belive them later on.
Not to bash the game, don`t get me wrong. I just can`t take the "its a beta!" and "it will be free!" stuff, because neither is an excuse to lie to potential cutomers.

Bad service is bad service, no matter what development status might be and no matter how much it costs.

Fate
07-16-2011, 07:37 AM
I'm starting to get the "Big Sandwich Games" vibe from this company, no developer input, no feedback, lots of confusion.

(Big Sandwich Games is a game company that completely abandoned it's playerbase, leaving them with a half-finished product, game name's Hoard)

Alex Walz
07-16-2011, 09:40 AM
Sorry guys - I'll get our Producer to put out a statement later today if keys haven't been sent out by then.

We really are trying to work with the community here - things have just been extremely hectic in the office this week.

Smidth
07-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Nice thanks.
good to hear from people that work there :D

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 09:51 AM
This sounds like an Itemshop, doesn`t it?
So this is even worse... pay upfront AND be forced to pay more for non fluff items. Units and Items seem pretty importaint, aye? ;-)

This game is far from free. And for a game that will cost money the company should start to be honest right away. Noone will belive them later on.
Not to bash the game, don`t get me wrong. I just can`t take the "its a beta!" and "it will be free!" stuff, because neither is an excuse to lie to potential cutomers.

Bad service is bad service, no matter what development status might be and no matter how much it costs.

Indeed I totally agree with you. No devs online in ages, no news in ages, just give me your cash all the time. This game will be doomed from the start if they dont get transparant and real fast. No beta keys given to new people like they promised. Why should we pay then?

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 09:54 AM
Sorry guys - I'll get our Producer to put out a statement later today if keys haven't been sent out by then.

We really are trying to work with the community here - things have just been extremely hectic in the office this week.

Hi, nice of you to stop by and tell us this. Thanks. Please dont get me wrong, but im getting a bad taste in my mouth from this. Your people should have known of this prob without the community to have to cry it out. I do understand its hectic and all, but its a business and it will be getting money from us sooner or later. So , I hope all goes well, your game looks awesome and I for one will be wanting to buy it, even preorder it and put alot of cash into it if its worth it and then from my side I would like to have some transparancy and to be honest I think your company isnt to transparant at the moment.

But please dont get me wrong, I think the concept and the gfx are awesome!

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm starting to get the "Big Sandwich Games" vibe from this company, no developer input, no feedback, lots of confusion.

(Big Sandwich Games is a game company that completely abandoned it's playerbase, leaving them with a half-finished product, game name's Hoard)

Indeed, I agree totally. They are not so transparant at the moment. Hope it will change or the cash will dry up real fast. Look at APB how that ended up in 3 months!

Alex Walz
07-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Indeed I totally agree with you. No devs online in ages, no news in ages, just give me your cash all the time. This game will be doomed from the start if they dont get transparant and real fast. No beta keys given to new people like they promised. Why should we pay then?
While I can't comment on the beta keys (which I assume will be sent out later today), I'm really sorry you get that impression. We've really tried to be a game for the community, by the community. We've had large weekly media updates every single week for almost two years to outline the game's development, taken in several fan suggestions for new features and defenses, hosted community contests and events, and thanked some of your most helpful beta testers by including them in the game's credits. It's a small team, but half the devs check these forums on a regular basis, and haven't asked or received a cent from our fan community since development began nearly ten years ago.

So I do apologize for the mix-up in getting these keys sent out and can't give you an answer until our Producer is on, but I am saddened if you still maintain the rest of your statements.

As for the booster shop and payment methodology, it has always been our goal to provide fans with a lot of material for cheap. We've refused to do the popular subscription option from the start, and any market items can be bought with in-game resources instead of actual cash. So players really can just buy the initial game and then have a never-ending supply of new content for no additional cash. We have stressed this point a lot, so please take a quick glance around the forums - especially the Media Fair Forum - to get a better sense of our mission and product.

Henry Martin
07-16-2011, 10:12 AM
Indeed, I agree totally. They are not so transparant at the moment. Hope it will change or the cash will dry up real fast. Look at APB how that ended up in 3 months!

Listen to what alex said. The community has had a large impact on the game and will continue too. As for you feeling about the devs not being around, We are a very small team and we are working really hard as of now to get this game ready for launch. You are new here so yeah in the past few months it has been quiet for the reason I have mentioned. A lot of the devs dont have time to go through the forum to and post as the game is where their time is needed.

I'm sorry you feel like this, but we need as much time as we can get to work on the game. I hope you can understand this. We arent a large company that can afford just having people spend time on the forum posting.

Sleeper
07-16-2011, 10:19 AM
I think they are doing fine, you can see they love the game, as long as they dont make pay to win system itll be great im sure.

Anyway just give them time ppl. I want to try it too but its only a beta after all... its testing

EmperorOfDoom
07-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Just ignore that jungleninja guy all his posts so far have been brainless to say the least. Just view all his topics and posts and you will understand what I mean. Typical impatient 12 year old whine kid.

Fate
07-16-2011, 10:51 AM
Sorry if I had my doubts, I can see that the devs care about the game now, I am a newcomer and well, seeing the beta key signs but total quietness from the devs, I was getting worried. About not being able to post due to work overload and such (it's totally understandable), a simple "We are having a lot of work on our hands right now, the keys will be slightly delayed" post would satisfy a lot of people here.

Taking as an example from Minecraft and Terraria, they update their forum and/or twitter/tumblr with short, clear messages, why not do that here too?

You do not have to make long posts to explain what's going on, just don't keep your playerbase in the dark for long, when you have promised something soon ;)
Players without input from developers get unnerved, as you may have noticed, and can get false impressions, as I initially did.

spartian112
07-16-2011, 11:22 AM
i've been waiting to get into the beta since 26th of June, so ive been waiting some time, but with every new video or screens being released i gain trust in this game. i truly believe this game will be a game to remember later. Even if the beta keys wont be given this day, i think that the devs are too busy actually improve the gameplay especially for us. so we should be glad to even participate in the beta for this.

good luck to all the devs, and keep up the good work :)

Henry Martin
07-16-2011, 11:27 AM
Sorry if I had my doubts, I can see that the devs care about the game now, I am a newcomer and well, seeing the beta key signs but total quietness from the devs, I was getting worried. About not being able to post due to work overload and such (it's totally understandable), a simple "We are having a lot of work on our hands right now, the keys will be slightly delayed" post would satisfy a lot of people here.

Taking as an example from Minecraft and Terraria, they update their forum and/or twitter/tumblr with short, clear messages, why not do that here too?

You do not have to make long posts to explain what's going on, just don't keep your playerbase in the dark for long, when you have promised something soon ;)
Players without input from developers get unnerved, as you may have noticed, and can get false impressions, as I initially did.

Yeah I definitely understand this. I was like that, waiting for updates about DOF before I was a part of the company ;). One thing you will notice about Reverie (the people that have been here for awhile know this) is they aren't always on time. They mean well, but sometimes there is a long pause before they response.

You should have been here before the beta first started. There was a lot more patients back then, but still it was a very long wait (a lot longer than today). We were all ready and eager.

I am sorry though for the the no responses and I cant help with this. I'm not involved with that that part. So hopefully there will be a post soon.

Fate
07-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Well, although you have no part in that, you do have a blue username and a "Reverie World Studios" under it. So, at least we know that Reverie is not dead and that is satisfying enough for me.

DOminator
07-16-2011, 11:34 AM
1 thing:

THEY ARE OOONNNEEE DAY LATE

Common, it's 1 day. I mean if it was a week, I would seriously have to censor myself. But 1 day, I would have liked to be in for now, but it's a game they have been working on for years day in day out. They want it, to be played, but it's hard to do everything according to schedule with something like this.

Fate
07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
One day or fifteen wouldn't make a difference, if there was a warning about it. But at least we got a confirm now.

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 02:50 PM
While I can't comment on the beta keys (which I assume will be sent out later today), I'm really sorry you get that impression. We've really tried to be a game for the community, by the community. We've had large weekly media updates every single week for almost two years to outline the game's development, taken in several fan suggestions for new features and defenses, hosted community contests and events, and thanked some of your most helpful beta testers by including them in the game's credits. It's a small team, but half the devs check these forums on a regular basis, and haven't asked or received a cent from our fan community since development began nearly ten years ago.

So I do apologize for the mix-up in getting these keys sent out and can't give you an answer until our Producer is on, but I am saddened if you still maintain the rest of your statements.

As for the booster shop and payment methodology, it has always been our goal to provide fans with a lot of material for cheap. We've refused to do the popular subscription option from the start, and any market items can be bought with in-game resources instead of actual cash. So players really can just buy the initial game and then have a never-ending supply of new content for no additional cash. We have stressed this point a lot, so please take a quick glance around the forums - especially the Media Fair Forum - to get a better sense of our mission and product.

Thank you very much for clearing this up for me. I am normally very patient with these things, but when companies promise things, I tend to get impatient when they dont deliver. I will wait my turn and wait till the game comes out. I am very pleased with your kind answers. A question though, will your game store be like battleforge? You say onetime pay and then free updates, while I thought I read somewhere earlier we have to pay for additional units, etc.?

Just a small question. Thanks again and keep up the good work!

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 02:51 PM
Just ignore that jungleninja guy all his posts so far have been brainless to say the least. Just view all his topics and posts and you will understand what I mean. Typical impatient 12 year old whine kid.

Not all my posts are so, maybe you just cant read or find them with your tiny brain, I dont know. I have also posted a very contructive one about how I think this game is awesome. So....

Alex Walz
07-16-2011, 03:27 PM
Guys, you can say what you want about Reverie. We are sorry, and will get you an answer soon - but please don't turn on one another. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

jungleninja
07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
Guys, you can say what you want about Reverie. We are sorry, and will get you an answer soon - but please don't turn on one another. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yeah your right there. As I said earlier, I will wait. No need for apologise, just keep us up to date. I will be one of those buyers anyways. Darn it, cant wait for the game heheeheh!

bossblood
07-16-2011, 05:06 PM

Don't let them get to you, I plan to buy the game and I can't even get in beta because I missed sign ups by a day. The game looks absolutely incredible and if you deliver a solid, fun game you will have players despite what some beta testers may be saying now. :)

Joseph Visscher
07-16-2011, 05:13 PM

You haven't bought the game yet, nor is the game finished. We don't ow you anything and beta is but only a privilege NOT a Right. And I feel our promises in terms of dates and timeline are a privilege on your part to even know of them, we could (and I think should) be more like Valve. I see why they went that way is because they don't want to waste their time on unproductive things like this entire thread.

I am not in any control of the beta keys nor is it my responsibility, but I can tell you that we are working overtime this weekend to get the game running great the next patch just like we did the last 2 weeks. I have not had a day off since the 1st and since then I've worked more than 130 hours. You do the math.

In previous posts you speak of "delivering" in words of promise towards dates and deadlines... dates and deadlines are nothing if we don't first keep our promises to the game itself. ;)

I think this thread should have been made AFTER the keys are released, not before. Surprises are more interesting.

yankeejim
07-16-2011, 05:22 PM
Cant we just lock the thread?

ToniToolTime
07-16-2011, 06:03 PM
No keys sent out.

Exaggerating, I see. Buying costumes and hair styles don't count as necessities to play a game.

RedOne999
07-16-2011, 06:32 PM
Looks like i just missed my chance to join the beta :(
And this game shows as available on play.com, just odd -.-"

Norsha
07-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Is there an official ETA for key launch?

vihazur
07-16-2011, 08:27 PM
You haven't bought the game yet, nor is the game finished. We don't ow you anything and beta is but only a privilege NOT a Right. And I feel our promises in terms of dates and timeline are a privilege on your part to even know of them, we could (and I think should) be more like Valve. I see why they went that way is because they don't want to waste their time on unproductive things like this entire thread.

I am not in any control of the beta keys nor is it my responsibility, but I can tell you that we are working overtime this weekend to get the game running great the next patch just like we did the last 2 weeks. I have not had a day off since the 1st and since then I've worked more than 130 hours. You do the math.

In previous posts you speak of "delivering" in words of promise towards dates and deadlines... dates and deadlines are nothing if we don't first keep our promises to the game itself. ;)

I think this thread should have been made AFTER the keys are released, not before. Surprises are more interesting.

It's more of a customer service thing than something you should get defensive about. Yeah, there's always a segment of the fan base that gets all bent out of shape if you come anywhere near "promising" anything you later have to take back, but what are you gonna do. Just try to be tactful about it, and don't look at it as a reason to stop giving your potential customers any info. Most of us appreciate it when you're simply upfront about whatever's going on, and some of us are even mature enough to understand that sometimes plans change.

If the worst you can say about what you tell us is that you were just being honest, you're doing pretty well. OTOH, when you start to worry about the *****ing too much, and stop communicating, that's when you risk losing people.

As for beta being a privilege, though it might not look like it, that really goes both ways. Whether it's debugging, stress-testing, or just a marketing tool, it's more for the benefit of the game than the players clamoring to get a chance to try it.

Phreake
07-16-2011, 10:44 PM
For those who can't wait until Monday to get a key. RTSGURU is giving away DoF keys for the Beta... I was doing some game news browsing, and just noticed it on their front page.

Not sure how many they are giving away, but it's worth a shot. Plus the site is good for all news related to RTS games. :)

JohnFrst
07-17-2011, 12:02 AM
:X love wait key :) :)

Pyronost
07-17-2011, 12:16 AM
That contest is close Phreak.

Endless
07-17-2011, 02:12 AM
For those who can't wait until Monday to get a key. RTSGURU is giving away DoF keys for the Beta... I was doing some game news browsing, and just noticed it on their front page.

Not sure how many they are giving away, but it's worth a shot. Plus the site is good for all news related to RTS games. :)
Sir, I love you and I would like to have your babies... @.@

Thanks so much for the tip! <3!

Fate
07-17-2011, 03:09 AM
Got my key from rtsguru.com, downloading game now.

TheKureDude
07-17-2011, 03:22 AM
Ye it's true you can get a key at RTSGURU right now, it isn't closed yet.

Lorthirk
07-17-2011, 03:32 AM
Got mine from rtsguru.com too, right now!

spartian112
07-17-2011, 04:42 AM
it really works at rtsguru

DOminator
07-17-2011, 05:06 AM
it works indeed!

it's updating now and after that, the game begins :D

R4nd0M
07-17-2011, 05:44 AM
Bah missed this by what 35 mins and its closed ;( oh well will have to wait till monday like everyone else np's.

R4nd0M
07-17-2011, 05:50 AM
lol was looking at the old one :P got the key now ty for that post by the way.

Norsha
07-17-2011, 06:03 AM
It sure is a shame we have to go somewhere else to get the keys we were promised.

I had so much faith in this forum. It was SOOOOOO misplaced.

See you all out there

Firespray
07-17-2011, 06:14 AM
After lurking this thread a bit, I would like to say thanks for clearing what was going on. Even if things are running a bit late, I am sure(hope) most of us will be patient until beta keys going out. Don't let what people say offend you too much, this is the internet after all. http://cdn.fpcontent.net/fp/emoot/buddy.gif Alnd yeah, thats pretty much my two cents on this subject.

Chapa
07-17-2011, 08:15 AM
Picked up a key @ 10:15 EST at rtsguru.com and works.

delra
07-17-2011, 08:47 AM
Same. :-) Got for myself and my brother so I don't have to punch him whenever he comes by my monitor to not break NDA.

RockSauron
07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
Got one myself. Does this mean that the code I get from this site I could give to someone else? Huh. :/

Brewha
07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
How are they not going to let new people beta their game? I join just so i can Beta it and it says i can't because i haven't been a member long enough? WTF i have to be a member for a long time before i can OPEN BETA a game? That is very stupid. Some admin please help me or this won't be a game a buy. Get your stuff together.

GPS51
07-17-2011, 10:24 AM
Take a hike.

karli22
07-17-2011, 10:25 AM
How are they not going to let new people beta their game? I join just so i can Beta it and it says i can't because i haven't been a member long enough? WTF i have to be a member for a long time before i can OPEN BETA a game? That is very stupid. Some admin please help me or this won't be a game a buy. Get your stuff together.

Well first of all it isn't open beta yet, but a closed beta.
Second:
You haven't bought the game yet, nor is the game finished. We don't owe you anything and beta is but only a privilege NOT a Right. And I feel our promises in terms of dates and timeline are a privilege on your part to even know of them, we could (and I think should) be more like Valve. I see why they went that way is because they don't want to waste their time on unproductive things like this entire thread.

We don't owe you anything and beta is but only a privilege NOT a Right

beta is but only a privilege NOT a Right.

Now shush about not being able to get the beta key. It's available from a certain site(s?) and if you take atleast 5 minutes to look for the site of the beta key giveaway on these forums, you'll perhaps, JUST PERHAPS, accomplish a simple task of being polite and not a F****** douchebag.

Alex Walz
07-17-2011, 10:47 AM
Please have patience a little bit longer and we'll keep you updated or get the keys sent out.

In the mean time, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me.