PDA

View Full Version : Announcement about updates.

Konstantin Fomenko
07-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Dear Dawn of Fantasy fans,

Just a quick announcement that as of today, for a little while, there will be no more official announcements, or Q/A activity from our employees - for the rest of the month. We are preparing to unleash a huge marketing campaign starting August, and you have a lot to look forward too – new visuals, new video trailer and screenshots, media interviews and hands-on previews. To sweeten this up even more, starting September we hope to start sending out closed-alpha testing invites.

We’ll keep you posted, and in a couple of weeks start checking major game media websites for our official announcement.

Best Regards,
-Reverie World Studios

The Witch King of Angmar
07-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow great to know. Will you release the official announcement or whatever it is on the forums?

Thanks

Sketchie
07-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Very good to hear, I guess this closes out my other post about updates =)

S

ash12181987
07-09-2008, 02:41 PM
Awesome stuff Reverie :D

olauwers
07-10-2008, 06:36 AM
Woohoo! Thank you very much!

cherbui
07-10-2008, 07:31 AM
Whoop! i'm a happy cat now :D hehe

MiCR0
07-10-2008, 09:02 AM
I cross my fingers for a closed-alpha invitation.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
Well, Konstantin said it was going to happen and also, welcome to the forums.

iceblast
07-10-2008, 01:37 PM
Welldone Reverie :).

Hopefully the marketing can go all to plan and attract alot of people.

Darvin
07-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Something to look forward to in August and September :-D

Khyron
07-10-2008, 07:34 PM
This is good to hear. Guess we need to stop pokeing you all for answers for a while.

LordSlayer
07-11-2008, 05:58 AM
This is good to hear. Guess we need to stop pokeing you all for answers for a while.

No instead we will be pokeing them for alpha testing invites :D

cherbui
07-11-2008, 07:16 AM
No instead we will be pokeing them for alpha testing invites :D

yup yup gotta poke poke :D

Sketchie
07-11-2008, 11:48 PM
And tolk tolk with the folk folk!!!!! :eek:

S

raving
07-12-2008, 04:08 AM
yup yup gotta poke poke :D

caution: repeated poking may cause explosions :D

Puppeteer
07-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Can't wait for the media release

Generation
07-13-2008, 12:33 AM
this'll be awesome

olauwers
07-14-2008, 09:39 AM
So, when would the poking start, exactly? :p

nickson104
07-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Great news, more info is gonna be great :)

and alpha testing, i wont get my hopes up, i apply for so many tests and never get anywhere and theres the fact that i have like only just joined these forums and so technically speaking am less deserving than some of the older more dedicated fans

Sketchie
07-15-2008, 11:49 AM
When it comes to beta testing no one is necessarily more deserving then another person just because they are more active in the forums before the beta comes out. After the Beta is out its a whole different story, the more active players that post bugs and point out problems technically are the ones that are more deserving.

S

Darvin
07-15-2008, 02:00 PM
The people who were active on the forums before, however, are more likely to be active on the forums giving feedback afterwards. I agree that a wide range of players are required to get a good sampling of the community, and certainly there will be players who start posting once the beta starts who weren't posting before. However, past forum activity is really the only indicator Reverie has as to whether we will be involved in the feedback process, hence it's the only measure of merit they have for these beta invites.

With that said, I suspect everyone on the forum is going to get into the beta at some point, and there will be opportunities for others to get in later on.

Puppeteer
07-15-2008, 04:59 PM
There you are Darvin, wondered where you'd wandered off to. I felt a void where knowledge had been before :p

I think the staff would either let all registered members the chance into the beta, as I might recall, all the active ones or choose the senior ones.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-15-2008, 06:50 PM
I'd prefer people who are actually serious about the game and don't post topics that say in 15 paragraphs, I hope this game is going to be good.

Darvin
07-15-2008, 10:42 PM
Yeah, I'm laying low until the beta (or at least the next media blitz). There's not a whole lot to talk about that hasn't already been discussed at some point in the past. That said, I still pop by every so often to see what's happening :-)

nickson104
07-16-2008, 07:26 AM
Yeah, I'm laying low until the beta (or at least the next media blitz). There's not a whole lot to talk about that hasn't already been discussed at some point in the past. That said, I still pop by every so often to see what's happening :-)

Yes i guess that is right, i would do that however i got many months to catch up on :)

Yeah and i guess you guys just trampled my pessimistic theory! :p

aVeron
07-16-2008, 11:44 AM
I must say that this game sounds very promising and im defently gonna try it out whenever it is released!

The MMORTS mod in this game just sounds amazing! Its wierd thought, that this game has not got so much attention yet..

Feweh
07-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Oh man i can't wait!

Puppeteer
07-16-2008, 12:04 PM
The MMORTS mod in this game just sounds amazing! Its wierd thought, that this game has not got so much attention yet..
It's the number one feature, that which I doubt no other developer has ever pondered. This kind of original, outside-the-box thinking, by Reverie will get them far!

nickson104
07-17-2008, 06:30 AM
It's the number one feature, that which I doubt no other developer has ever pondered. This kind of original, outside-the-box thinking, by Reverie will get them far!

I think other developers might have considered it... after all it would make sense to have a MMO in the RTS and to be the first major one would certainly be a huge plus, however many developers may have been put off by the amount of extra work and the upkeep that it would take. MMO's are hard work to maintain, with most games the game is it then possibly a few patches, most MMO's constantly work to optimise the gameplay and amount of players for the connections

But that said Reverie may or may not do that, however just being an MMORTS should theoretically bring in a few people, and when it gets more publicised then it should get a lot more fans

Puppeteer
07-17-2008, 10:29 AM
The reason I think that others haven't tried it is because they are not nearly daring enough. I think that they believe that each game is divided into each genre, eg. FPS, RTS, Sport etc. etc. They might want to combine genres but think that it may not have a good effect; that the adverse affect is they deter supporters of each genre because they like one and not the other.

ash12181987
07-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Crossing Genre's is rather dangerous too. You try to focus too much on one aspect, you neglect another... and you end up dragging the whole thing down.

Reverie though, has balanced it out pretty well by the look of things to be honest.

Bastiaan
07-18-2008, 10:57 AM
it is good that they dont release anything so that when they do we see a beautiful game:)

wou129
07-20-2008, 04:09 AM
i do not agree with that maby thay ahve chacd somthing and wy dont know but it reale makes the game bad tay wont chace it becose thay dont know its bad (if u get what i mean:))

Puppeteer
07-20-2008, 12:54 PM
No, I don't get what you mean. Speak in Standard English for God's sake! Is it too much to ask!? And no it's not because you're English mightn't be good, it's because those words are shortened and mis-spelled. Badly.

wou129
07-20-2008, 03:12 PM
i know i have dislecsie man cant do any thing about it

olauwers
07-21-2008, 08:29 AM
From what I get, he tried to say the following.

'I do not agree with that. Maybe they have changed something and we don't know, but it really makes the game bad. They don't change it, because they don't know it's bad. (If you get what I mean :) ).'

Is that what you meant to say?

It would help if you used decent interpunction and capitalization, as I do not believe dislexia changes anything about your abbility to do that. But please, correct me if I'm wrong. I have friends with dislexia, I understand it's quite unpleasant.

Neotyguy40
07-21-2008, 11:58 AM
They are probably going to give the closed alpha invites to players who are active on the forums. I can list a large group of players that will definately make it.

olauwers
07-22-2008, 05:07 PM
They are probably going to give the closed alpha invites to players who are active on the forums. I can list a large group of players that will definately make it.

Oooh, a list...

Tum-tum-tum!

Esculas the Mighty
07-22-2008, 06:48 PM
i prob wont considering i havent been here as long as some =\
but as long as people tell us about it im fine

raving
07-24-2008, 02:15 AM
i prob wont considering i havent been here as long as some =\
but as long as people tell us about it im fine

tbh if youre active on the forums, i think you got a good shot.