PDA

View Full Version : Release Date - September 2011

Konstantin Fomenko
06-26-2011, 03:28 PM
Dear Forumers,

We have made the final update to Dawn of Fantasy's release date, and while we cannot give away any specifics until 505's press release, we expect to see Dawn of Fantasy hit store shelves in September. We will you updated, and post the date when available.

This is quite a long wait - but we feel that we really need the extra time to properly polish up the game and add some currently missing features. Meanwhile all of you can continue with the beta:) Thanks for patiently waiting and supporting Dawn of Fantasy.

Brotolemaeus
06-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Can't wait! Thanks for the prompt information!

theinternetman
06-26-2011, 04:51 PM
WHEN IT'S DONE! - Mark Rein

Neko
06-26-2011, 10:17 PM
NICE ! I was not able to play in beta sight but now that the release isn't far away i am happy ^-^

General_II
06-26-2011, 11:10 PM
I'm hoping it's September of this year? :P Still great news to hear!

Vianns
06-27-2011, 06:36 AM
Good news !

But there's still a loooong way to go, before releasing a stable, bug-free game :9

Ferdinand
06-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Ух-ты эту игру оказывается русские делают!!! Или бывшие русские :) Ни как землякам ключик не получить?

darkheart
06-27-2011, 05:30 PM
September ?? i hope that alot of the bugs are worked out real soon or this will fop hard there are alot of aspects that havent even been tested yet

rat-morningstar
06-28-2011, 07:04 AM
why is the european release 4 days after the american release?

i mean, it's not distributed on disc or anything...

theinternetman
06-28-2011, 11:15 AM
September ?? i hope that alot of the bugs are worked out real soon or this will fop hard there are alot of aspects that havent even been tested yet

Most F2P games are un-floppable.

The initial cost of a game is a HUGE barrier for players. F2P is the new popular trend in the market for a reason, people want to try a game for free. A lot of people will spend a ton of money on cosmetics and other content. (More people bought items in APB at a $60 price point than a $40 price point for the same item) (Tons of people have bought cars you can already obtain in-game for $25)

If you remove the barrier of the initial game cost and then charge people for various features you can already unlock by playing the game, you can make a killing. Reverie can also make unique cosmetic unit packs or things of that nature and charge for them.

There is a ton of content you can monetize if you make the game free. Take a look at LoTRO for a great reference. At Mirkwood the game was on its deathbed, look at it now and it's the shining example of Free To Play MMOs with a ton of profit generated a great new expansion on the horizon. They sell content like quest packs regularly.

darkheart
06-28-2011, 04:57 PM
Most F2P games are un-floppable.

The initial cost of a game is a HUGE barrier for players. F2P is the new popular trend in the market for a reason, people want to try a game for free. A lot of people will spend a ton of money on cosmetics and other content. (More people bought items in APB at a $60 price point than a $40 price point for the same item) (Tons of people have bought cars you can already obtain in-game for $25)

If you remove the barrier of the initial game cost and then charge people for various features you can already unlock by playing the game, you can make a killing. Reverie can also make unique cosmetic unit packs or things of that nature and charge for them.

There is a ton of content you can monetize if you make the game free. Take a look at LoTRO for a great reference. At Mirkwood the game was on its deathbed, look at it now and it's the shining example of Free To Play MMOs with a ton of profit generated a great new expansion on the horizon. They sell content like quest packs regularly.

trust me it will flop the buggs are real bad no one would play longer then 2 hours due to the errors that are not fixed im afraid to see what 3 hour is like

Brotolemaeus
06-28-2011, 05:22 PM
I feel you may be exaggerating to make a point. While, it definitely has room for improvement, I think they have left themselves enough time to iron everything out. Even the very next patch is supposedly much more optimized.

ObscuredUSA
06-28-2011, 10:35 PM
So how come I can't pre-order this game?

I checked Amazon for it and it isn't listed.

Joseph Visscher
06-28-2011, 11:43 PM
So how come I can't pre-order this game?

I checked Amazon for it and it isn't listed.

Pre-ordering from a third party source has absolutely nothing to do with us.

Gongora
06-29-2011, 06:06 AM
Released on my birthday wow...see I knew I was special!

ObscuredUSA
06-29-2011, 02:23 PM
Pre-ordering from a third party source has absolutely nothing to do with us.

I find that a little odd. You're not going to send out copies to third party sources? Are you planning on only selling the game here? Going to be hard get your game noticed...

So when can we expect to pre-order if at all?

Henry Martin
06-29-2011, 04:11 PM
I find that a little odd. You're not going to send out copies to third party sources? Are you planning on only selling the game here? Going to be hard get your game noticed...

So when can we expect to pre-order if at all?

Well since we are a "developer", marketing isn't really where we come in (we usually do the developing). Marketing is usually left up to the publisher (if you have one). Which we do have a publisher, 505 Games.

ObscuredUSA
06-29-2011, 04:57 PM
Well since we are a "developer", marketing isn't really where we come in (we usually do the developing). Marketing is usually left up to the publisher (if you have one). Which we do have a publisher, 505 Games.

The game you are developing is not even listed at Gamestop.com. It's close to release and I find it odd that it's no where to be found to pre-order. So I am going to assume there won't be a pre-order for this game.

Khan kreiger
06-29-2011, 06:19 PM

The game you are developing is not even listed at Gamestop.com. It's close to release and I find it odd that it's no where to be found to pre-order. So I am going to assume there won't be a pre-order for this game.

actually the game is on gamespot that is how i found out about this game.

ObscuredUSA
06-30-2011, 11:37 AM
actually the game is on gamespot that is how i found out about this game.

There is a difference between gamespot.com and gamestop.com.. Gamspot.com is a website with game reviews and whatnot. Gamestop.com is where you buy games.

Sweetfly
07-05-2011, 10:39 AM
how much this game cost?

Sparrow
07-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanx, seems to be great confusion on what the real release date is... Thought the game was already released, because I read about it in a magazine... Magazine was french though, so it creates a reasonable large room for error :p

RelentLess
07-11-2011, 11:08 AM
this is perfect... i'll have an awesome game to play when i get back to college. too bad i missed out on the beta but i cant wait for the release!

sjibbiesjenk
07-13-2011, 01:25 AM
Sweat, is comming sooner then i hoped. :D can't wait till release!

:p

DOminator
07-13-2011, 09:37 AM
Thank god I didn't found out about this game sooner, now I only have to wait 2 months :D

Sidmarek001
07-14-2011, 07:33 AM
I am very intrested for this game

jasonkc
07-15-2011, 11:20 AM
great news that it will be releasing in a few months time

jungleninja
07-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Yeah I can wait, but would love to be a beta tester.

Nermal
07-29-2011, 02:37 PM
why is the european release 4 days after the american release?

i mean, it's not distributed on disc or anything...

Curious on that one too, not that I mind americans having the game 4 days earlier,- but if its up for sale as an game to be downloaded primarily then why?

laminblake
07-30-2011, 02:00 PM
Official release dates are never official. PVP testing is coming up and that is where most of the exploits, bugs, balance issues, and server issues are really going to shine.

Ragemaster9999
07-30-2011, 06:53 PM
Official release dates are never official.

yeah if only it were that easy.. Especially when you have a publisher.

Vigilus
07-31-2011, 12:30 AM
I wish you guys a smooth launch!

Kornoth
08-01-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't want to sound greedy, but will the beta testers get any special rewards?:)

alexader
08-03-2011, 05:43 AM
It's good to hear that there is a release date, but I fear that the game wouldn't be ready until then. Pushing the release date back until you feel the game would be truly ready to be played might sound a little discouraging but it's the safest way to assure that the game will be successful. At present, the game looks great, it plays great and it sounds great (reffering to graphics, gameplay and soundtrack), but there are bugs, there are crashes and other that limit the game from reaching it's full potential.

TucanSam
08-03-2011, 01:33 PM
It's good to hear that there is a release date, but I fear that the game wouldn't be ready until then. Pushing the release date back until you feel the game would be truly ready to be played might sound a little discouraging but it's the safest way to assure that the game will be successful. At present, the game looks great, it plays great and it sounds great (reffering to graphics, gameplay and soundtrack), but there are bugs, there are crashes and other that limit the game from reaching it's full potential.

While I agree that another delay is definitely a possibility, it's hard to judge what the state of the game will be in a months time. The developers are incredibly hard at work to squash bugs.

Godspeed, devs. :p

Alex Walz
08-05-2011, 01:11 PM
Hey folks, so we made a small mistake with the European release date. But for the first time, we are moving the date forward and not backward! DOF will be released in Europe on September 9th, not the 10th. :D

And we have been making every milestone lately and should have a patch for any last-minute bugs out by release, so I am confident that DOF will be finished by then. But as no game is bug-free, it might help to know that we will not be moving on to a new game any time soon, so we will continue to patch DOF for as long as there is a need.

Konstantin Fomenko
08-05-2011, 04:00 PM
To address concerns - yes there might be some bugs on release. However - our developing team will keep on working on the game at 100% capacity - and not just the new content but the bugs. This is not a type of the game that developer releases - and patches once every two months. Our team is dedicated to daily patching if needed, and weekly patching on average is what we`d expect for the first 3 months post-release as we add some cool new features, fix any remaining bugs e.t.c.

Emrus
08-07-2011, 03:08 AM
Huh, sad-face :S

I stay in India, so I'll never be able to buy and play the game here in india? (neither north america ,nor EU).

I can not buy it off of Amazon or similar Web based sites, 'coz they require paypal, and my Bank does not support paypal payments outta my country:confused:

Wish you guys find a distributor around here ,somewhere:rolleyes:

Jardian
08-09-2011, 12:02 PM
I havent seen One bug that effects the very basics of game play fixed yet. Or I should say stay fixed more then 12 hours.

Quests are still black screen locking at random it seems across the player base.

Resource Counter is still broken. Hard to use any kind of strat do dev your town if you cant see what your makeing.

Elves still Have these Magic wood produceing faires that fill your store house when you shouldnt even be produceing wood!

Also on elves I can put 4 groups of workers mineing stone and nothing produceing wood and the wood still goes up at about a 4-1 ratio to stone.

Warehouse fills up withen 20 mins if you log out and waite.

Mini Map has been bogged down since the 2nd and dont update correctly for some. I can go on and on about Basic game play issues. And nothing seems to be gettings fixed.

When every patch since the 2nd hasnt done anything but create more bugs my faith in you guys haveing things running correctly by a september release just isnt there right now sorry.

And sitting in chat for the past few days im not the only one around with that lost faith.

vantagal
08-10-2011, 07:03 PM
Hmm, i've had a few issues with the game - which is currently still in beta (?!). However, most of these issues have been reported and low and behold have been fixed within a day or two, Granted i've not been playing the beta that long.

Though i agree a septermber release is a little optimistic, they seem to be on ball with fixing the current issues as long as the testers - that's you - keep reporting the problems that are arising.

andreicde
08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
I havent seen One bug that effects the very basics of game play fixed yet. Or I should say stay fixed more then 12 hours.

Quests are still black screen locking at random it seems across the player base.

Resource Counter is still broken. Hard to use any kind of strat do dev your town if you cant see what your makeing.

Elves still Have these Magic wood produceing faires that fill your store house when you shouldnt even be produceing wood!

Also on elves I can put 4 groups of workers mineing stone and nothing produceing wood and the wood still goes up at about a 4-1 ratio to stone.

Warehouse fills up withen 20 mins if you log out and waite.

Mini Map has been bogged down since the 2nd and dont update correctly for some. I can go on and on about Basic game play issues. And nothing seems to be gettings fixed.

When every patch since the 2nd hasnt done anything but create more bugs my faith in you guys haveing things running correctly by a september release just isnt there right now sorry.

And sitting in chat for the past few days im not the only one around with that lost faith.

if you think the devs aren't fixing much try Snails company lol. They have a few browser games under different names with tons of bugs and they fix stuff like once every 3 months lol. and people still invest tons of money there even if their games are f2p but with crazy mall.

Jardian
08-22-2011, 05:02 PM
andreicde How about you read the date the post was made before you try and brown nose when its not needed.

And this game will RETAIL It wont be a free DL two diffrent things ya know "You get what you pay for "

andreicde
08-22-2011, 05:44 PM
andreicde How about you read the date the post was made before you try and brown nose when its not needed.

And this game will RETAIL It wont be a free DL two diffrent things ya know "You get what you pay for "

I know this game will be retail that's why I mention snail.google it and you'l see what I'm talking about

riku123
09-03-2011, 06:15 PM
i just found out that this has gone into betas after looking at it for a few weeks awhile ago lol so it everything still active? and is there going to be a p2p model or a f2p? i do hope its f2p as i hate subscription games.

andreicde
09-03-2011, 06:56 PM
i just found out that this has gone into betas after looking at it for a few weeks awhile ago lol so it everything still active? and is there going to be a p2p model or a f2p? i do hope its f2p as i hate subscription games.

it will be a pay to play.Like guild wars. You buy the game and play it and then buy the addons if you feel like

axal011
09-03-2011, 08:23 PM
it will be a pay to play.Like guild wars. You buy the game and play it and then buy the addons if you feel like

Guild wars was not a Pay to Play game. Your obviously mistaken to what Pay to Play means... All you had to do was Buy the game and Play.... and then when an Expansion came along the way, you had to buy the Expansion and then you could still play for free. Pay to play is for example like Paying your House bills.. to keep your house running you have to keep paying your bills to keep it running. This game won't be Pay to play.

Vendayn
09-03-2011, 09:19 PM
technically...buy to play is still pay to play.

You pay for the client. Which is buying it. So to play, you have to buy it...which means you have to pay.

andreicde
09-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Guild wars was not a Pay to Play game. Your obviously mistaken to what Pay to Play means... All you had to do was Buy the game and Play.... and then when an Expansion came along the way, you had to buy the Expansion and then you could still play for free. Pay to play is for example like Paying your House bills.. to keep your house running you have to keep paying your bills to keep it running. This game won't be Pay to play.

well considering the fact to actually access the game you need to pay for it....it is pay to play.Just not monthly sub.And yes GW was p2p but without monthly sub.

Konstantin Fomenko
09-03-2011, 11:06 PM
To get things back on topic about the release date - looks like we`ll get some sweet time to get DoF properly polished for the release. We expect to have the game stable and bug-free towards the end of the month.

We`ll post the official announcement in the near future.

andreicde
09-04-2011, 01:50 AM
To get things back on topic about the release date - looks like we`ll get some sweet time to get DoF properly polished for the release. We expect to have the game stable and bug-free towards the end of the month.

We`ll post the official announcement in the near future.

o.O I'm confused.Isn't the release supposed to be Tuesday on 6th?

Alex Walz
09-05-2011, 10:20 AM
We really apologize, but DOF will not be released this week. It will be out within the next couple of weeks, and we'll post the date as soon as possible, but Reverie and 505 agreed with the opinions of many of our beta testers that it would take a couple more weeks to turn a good game into a great game.

eddieg503
09-05-2011, 01:47 PM
because I cant seem to enter , it says time period for beta key over