PDA

View Full Version : Price

Gauntlet34
06-12-2011, 09:56 AM
Forgive me if this is answered somewhere else. Will this be a one time buy the CD type fee? Or an ongoing WOW type fee? I hope it is one time. The WOW fees kept me from playing the game. Huge Diablo fan and big Warcraft 3 fan but refused to try WOW.
Thanks

Veritas
06-15-2011, 02:58 PM
It's going to be a one time buy the CD type of fee. You buy the game, you play the game. No subscription.

Battaglion
06-25-2011, 05:11 PM
One-time payment makes sense. I don't have enough free time to justify a monthly payment, already made that mistake once with Eve, essentially threw out 120 bucks.

Smiles
07-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I hear that they will be coming out with small and big add-ons that you can buy with game points you get form doing missions and pvp or you can right out buy them.

ICE4ciD
07-16-2011, 03:25 AM
One-time payment makes sense. I don't have enough free time to justify a monthly payment, already made that mistake once with Eve, essentially threw out 120 bucks.

I am liking the payment model and yes to my understanding it is a once off payment, then a a fee for fresh content downloads as they are released.

Side question,

On this forum on the background image. The right hand side shows a large beast sort of unit. Can anyone tell me what unit that is and if you can train more than one of them at a time?

delra
07-16-2011, 03:09 PM
Hey - but won't they charge us later for expansions?

Mount & Blade was supposed to be buy once too and then they sold 2 expansons already for extra buck.

GPS51
07-16-2011, 03:28 PM
? If there's an expansion pack why wouldn't you have to pay to get it? If you don't want the dlc for dof don't buy it. You can also earn it in game without paying past the initial purchase price.

@ICE4ciD That is Mr ogre... and you can train a lot but you will face pop limits on armies so it limits the amount of super troops that can travel together.

Joseph Visscher
07-16-2011, 03:50 PM
as GPS said, we will be making expansion packs and new quests, new units, new content of all sorts, but to get this content you will need Wealth, an in game currency which is earned through fighting other players, completing quests or buying it with real money.
This allows a person to buy any of the new content for free, it just takes a lot of time to earn that much wealth, otherwise he can spend a few bucks and get it right away.

ICE4ciD
07-16-2011, 07:45 PM
@ICE4ciD That is Mr ogre... and you can train a lot but you will face pop limits on armies so it limits the amount of super troops that can travel together.

Okay, thanks, with the groups that can sent to travel together, is there a sort of turn base in this game? Like you move one group at a time to enter a quest?

When starting quests do you take only a army or can you bring workers into the quest to resupply the lines?

GPS51
07-16-2011, 08:28 PM
You can only take 1 army on a quest. You can have multiple armies roaming the map though at the same time :)

ICE4ciD
07-17-2011, 01:15 AM
Hey - but won't they charge us later for expansions?

Mount & Blade was supposed to be buy once too and then they sold 2 expansons already for extra buck.

Okay, I think I see your question, some games have major updates that might add something into the original game core. (not referring to game updates focused on bug /exploit fixes) This would be considered free even though the update introduced a large content package. (not referring to that game or this, just a comment on what I have noticed before)

Now when a game releases expansions, they can like the one on Mount & Blade, be released as a stand alone. (I purchased the Fire and Sword) But not always, as some if not most game expansions are released to be played with the same game core and this is when you would see a price for such game expansion.

Hope that clears your thoughts.