PDA

View Full Version : Does my search end here?

Gauntlet34
06-11-2011, 07:33 PM
I have been looking for a game that isn't rushed and doesn't funnel me in certain directions. I am hoping that this has a very wide open landscape in which to build, train, upgrade etc. I really liked Empire Earth II but never was able to find something equal or better without the controls being too complex. I think I am going to click on "videos" next to see and learn as much as I can.
Thanks
Feel free to respond

derf26
06-15-2011, 02:02 AM
Ah, Empire Earth II, brings back memories! I think I still have the box somewhere.
I'm hoping I can create some sort of Elven utopia/impregnable fortress. The only MMO that kept my attention for a long time was Eve, and I haven't played than in years. An MMORTS is definitely a nice change from all the RPGs.

GPS51
06-15-2011, 07:42 AM
Yeah for the strategy buffs among us MMOs don't do much but I'm hoping this game changes how mmorts is done instead of "shudder" browser based games. Be sure to look through the released media info packets in the media forum as they contain a lot of great info/pics to browse through.

Mrmekz
06-25-2011, 05:40 PM
Let's hope all our desires come to fruition.

Ragemaster9999
06-26-2011, 08:33 PM
Hello and well met. Age of empires II was a great game, I personally am looking for a new and fresh take on the strategy genre... and a game to fill the void of the total war series, now that it has gone downhill. Heres hoping Dawn of fantasy will be a great hit! :D

theinternetman
06-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I have been looking for a game that isn't rushed and doesn't funnel me in certain directions. I am hoping that this has a very wide open landscape in which to build, train, upgrade etc. I really liked Empire Earth II but never was able to find something equal or better without the controls being too complex. I think I am going to click on "videos" next to see and learn as much as I can.
Thanks
Feel free to respond

Currently if I recall correctly you will only be able to have 1 stronghold per game. You can have armies and camps and traders running about but you are limited to that 1 stronghold.

There are plenty of things to train upgrade, and advance up the tech tree. Currently I believe the game is severely lacking in player to player interactivity.

Joseph Visscher
06-27-2011, 10:44 AM
There are plenty of things to train upgrade, and advance up the tech tree. Currently I believe the game is severely lacking in player to player interactivity.

Because PVP hasn't been released yet... :P

Chapa
06-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Is there a list of buildings you can have in your city / stronghold?

Lancezh
06-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Thanks
Feel free to respond

I know exactly how you feel. I'm actually in the same mood right now, chances are high that i'm being disappointed again (pretty much happend with age of conan btw. when the early infos pointed to mass pvp with formations and such, and individual castle building... but it turned out huge crap)

So i'm not gonna get my hopes up to high but i'm watching this one closely presumably.

ToniToolTime
06-30-2011, 05:43 PM
I hate when people do that... it makes me SO mad. I mean come on, really.

@Joseph I would just like to let you know I've been looking at these screenshots, and they are fantastic! Keep 'em coming hun. Give us stuff to be anxious and excited for :>

Velo222
07-04-2011, 07:19 AM
Well I found out about this game about a month ago, and I've been periodically checking up on it in the forums and whatnot.

It looks interesting, but I just don't know enough about it yet to know if it will be good. I'm an "old-school" rts fan in that I like base-building, gathering resources, and of course large armies that don't have like a 60-90 guy limit.

For me, I have to have something to conquer and own. I hope this game does that.

ToniToolTime
07-04-2011, 06:02 PM
Well I found out about this game about a month ago, and I've been periodically checking up on it in the forums and whatnot.

It looks interesting, but I just don't know enough about it yet to know if it will be good. I'm an "old-school" rts fan in that I like base-building, gathering resources, and of course large armies that don't have like a 60-90 guy limit.

For me, I have to have something to conquer and own. I hope this game does that.

I totally agree with you. I remember in Age of Empires (2 or 3, I forget) my brother and i would always see who made the most cars first to kill each other.

I so hope this game doesn't have that. LOL