PDA

View Full Version : anyone from Dwarf fortress here?

Zeves
06-10-2011, 05:47 AM
this seems like a game that would fit people from DF hopefully anyone from that community here?

Henry Martin
06-10-2011, 02:34 PM
Moved

Maybe. Dwarf fortress has so much depth to it. Not sure how the depth of DOF would fit well if Dwarf Fortress players. Not to say DOF has no depth :p. I've played Dwarf Fortress and love it. Though I would like to see this game go 3d (thats just me though). Like a simple minecraft style 3d.

GPS51
06-10-2011, 03:39 PM
I enjoyed part of DF a lot. Then some parts made me pound my head into the desk :P

Khumash-Gor
06-17-2011, 06:33 PM
Im playing DF right now. Best game ever.

therealpete
06-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Ah DF... Such a classic!

Jonlissla
06-25-2011, 09:34 AM
Not gonna lie, even though I've been playing DF for over three years now, I'm not so sure I can do it without a tileset.

Great game though, Toady One is working with the trade and caravan arc now. Hopefully he will make blood count as a liquid so I can finally create my traps made by pressured blood, not to mention drowning all the goblins in it.

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes, I've been a DF fanatic since it was still just being talked about. The newest edition, bugs aside, has made me waste many productive hours. I don't believe in the HARDCORE must not use tileset, tileset just makes it more enjoyable.

Battaglion
06-25-2011, 05:04 PM
Dwarf Fortress is such a timesink. All my fortresses usually die because I spend too much time trying to flood the world and not enough time setting up a food supply. Still worth it.

Beebz
06-25-2011, 05:09 PM
2 Cat Lmao

Dem Dorfs Man Dem Dorfs

Battaglion
06-25-2011, 05:11 PM
2 Cat Lmao

Dem Dorfs Man Dem Dorfs

They have that nasty habit of doing exactly the wrong thing at the worst possible time.

Beebz
06-25-2011, 05:18 PM
i had a dorf go insane and just at the time an invasion of goblins he then wrestled and killed all the goblins and attacked a elf trading wagon he then ran into the depths of my mines and as far as i know he dissapeared.

Slashcko
06-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I'm not a part of the community, but I've certainly played my fair share of dwarf fortress over the years. Though I don't think I'll ever get the military system down perfectly.

TakingOutTrash
06-25-2011, 06:52 PM
2 Cat Lmao

Dem Dorfs Man Dem Dorfs

2 kat... 2 KAT!!!!

fatlusplaysdemonsouls.png

Kalibah
06-25-2011, 11:37 PM
Yup - hopefully the interface is a bit easier in this game though

Brotolemaeus
06-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Yup - hopefully the interface is a bit easier in this game though

I am pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find a UI that ISN'T easier :p . The only two I know of would be 3000AD and Wurm.

Mrmekz
06-26-2011, 05:12 AM
It doesn't matter if DoF is anywhere close or far from DF, both are (or will be, hopefully) great games for each his own to enjoy.

Battaglion
06-26-2011, 09:34 AM
I am pretty sure you'd be hard pressed to find a UI that ISN'T easier :p . The only two I know of would be 3000AD and Wurm.

The only thing keeping me from diving back into Dwarf Fortress is the fact that I still barely understand the Military screen. I don't even know where to start.

Brotolemaeus
06-26-2011, 01:33 PM
The only thing keeping me from diving back into Dwarf Fortress is the fact that I still barely understand the Military screen. I don't even know where to start.

I believe if you follow this guide, http://afteractionreporter.com/2009/02/09/the-complete-and-utter-newby-tutorial-for-dwarf-fortress-part-1-wtf/ It will give you a solid foundation for the game. While there have been changes, especially with the recent updates, it is still a good learning platform.

Khumash-Gor
06-26-2011, 01:52 PM
I use this (http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php) tileset, its cool.

the military is different, but better. I like being able to decide if my troops should be permanently active or part timers. durring times of heavy construction its nice to have a reserve workforce, or reserve fighters :rolleyes:

Lancezh
06-28-2011, 10:07 AM
LOL awesome, Dwarf Fortress is EVERYWHERE, its really a gem and very much fun. Not many singe player games achieve the kind of fun i'm having there...

Its very hard to learn, mainly because of the clumsy interface but underneath the ****ty graphics it is definitely what set me on fire with sandbox games....

It is simply AWESOME!

I use this (http://mayday.w.staszic.waw.pl/df.php) tileset, its cool.

the military is different, but better. I like being able to decide if my troops should be permanently active or part timers. durring times of heavy construction its nice to have a reserve workforce, or reserve fighters :rolleyes:

I use Phoebus but its to colorful for me especially with the stones... Maybe i'm going back to the ironhide or whatever its called... its in the Lazy Newb Pack actually.

Darathor
07-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Dwarf fortress is tons of fun. I can sink a few hours into and not even realize how fast the time has flown by. I suck at it, but getting destroyed by a couple of enraged badgers has never been more fun! :) It's incredible amount of depth can be annoying and just outright ridiculous sometimes, though. Never thought I would love one of those types of games, but DF is just awesome!

Salfallen
07-02-2011, 10:45 PM
i be from df : ) mazing game. cant wait for this and dwarf fortress to be finished err well not finished but released more like

Lancezh
07-04-2011, 03:15 AM
Its funny i keep forgetting that the game has not yet been released. Anyway. Its a great great game, and it certainly is the first real sandbox game that lit me on fire for the genre.

Terraria etc. is cool but Dwarf Fortress is really where it's at... I hope Dawn of Fantasy is a lot of Sandbox as well...