PDA

View Full Version : What is the most exciting thing about DoF to you?

Betatron
06-01-2011, 11:59 PM
I just read that you need one post to get into the beta so I went and made a one sentence reply to the beta opening. Since I am really excited for this game I thought that was a little lame on my part so time to talk with the community. So as the title says what are you most looking forwards to. For me its not so much a feature but more everything coming together to make one amazing scene. The battle of five armies, ok so their are a few details missing but bare with me here. I am picturing a large force of five different armies with a plan to attack the others fortress city. Along the way all five meet at a giant crater all five clashing against one another and only one walking away the victor to march his army to siege his opponent. I dont really see any other game that could allow that kind of random chance battle and have it give real consequence. So what are you looking forward to?

xPRNOIA
06-02-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm looking forward to not being disappointed in a video game for once since the first time I played Starcraft.

jambai
06-02-2011, 04:45 AM
My first post :d
I've just heard about this game and I can't believe I haven't seen it until now. Checked some screens/trailers/features and wow! what an ambitious project!

It looks like a wet dream of mine lol! RTS+RPG+MMO with all juicy details and good graphics. I can't wait till release (or beta? pls :))

Edit: Btw does the dev team include people from Stainless Studios? It pretty much says so in the About page. If that's the case I'm even more excited!

PeterLePresident
06-02-2011, 04:59 AM
I first heard about this game on a Gametrailers Dev diary about sieges. I was really blown away by the scale of the game and the incredible mix-up between rts, rpg and mmo (like jambai said it is a dream!), but it didn't got to me, because it felt somewhat sloppy (turns out it was bad video quality). So I decided to come here and get a second opinion. Let me tell you, I got overhyped for this game while reading the beginner's guide, I was seeing how much depth has that game and how the three genres are interlaced without one being left out.

This game is a gift from the gods of gaming or the baby of Papa RTS and Mamma MMORPG, I don't know, but I do know this game will live up to what it is, an ambitous and a well-made cross-genre game.

Oh and yeah can't wait to test it or salivate on videos and pictures until the release date and then play!

Stragus
06-02-2011, 11:20 AM
I found out about this game on Metacritic, of all places. The idea of being able to build my own thriving city while playing in an MMO setting immediately sold me. I love the concept.

Ghost
06-02-2011, 11:56 AM
The feature that's got me chomping at the bit is large scale multiplayer battles. PvP hasn't been enabled yet in the beta, so we haven't seen anything of the MMO part of the game. But I can't wait to do a 2v2 siege or hopefully something like a 6v6 or 8v8. There hasn't been word yet on what the max size of the battles will be.

Xecuter
06-02-2011, 12:12 PM
I've been looking for a good MMORTS for ages. I've tested most PC MMORTS' and i was disapointed with most of them. Browser games are either not complex enough or lack the immersion i'm looking for.

I was a beta tester for Beyond Protocol, at first that game looked promising and the beta was amazing! But with every update, the game got worse and worse. I finally stopped playing when it went gold.

Right now i'm playing Eve Online, i've been playing for the past year non stop. The depth is incredible and the immersion is getting better with every expansion. But it's not an MMORTS...

I'm really looking forward to Dawn of fantasy since it seems it will be the first game to meet all my criteria! I can't wait to play!

Betatron
06-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I've tested most PC MMORTS' and i was disapointed with most of them
I feel the same way. I was interested when Age of Empires online said it was going to be a "persistent world mmorts" but really what they meant was you can now out gear your opponent and there really isnt any mmo to speak of except a giant chat room. So I am really hoping DoF lives up to my expectations.

Mrmekz
06-25-2011, 06:43 PM
The persistent world multiplayer interactivity.

Orzo
06-25-2011, 08:11 PM
The hope that I'll get a beta key!

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Actually enjoying a video game again.

theinternetman
06-25-2011, 09:32 PM
It excites me how someone could be so aesthetically inept to make this game's UI look like it does.

Nafles
06-25-2011, 11:11 PM
Actually enjoying a video game again.

same here...

Kalibah
06-25-2011, 11:36 PM
PvP for sure

ralvin
07-01-2011, 10:12 AM
I enjoy the idea of making an MMORTS with some unique features and leveling system that will allow us to travel the world the way we want it :D

Pilgrim
07-01-2011, 01:04 PM
Basically looking forward to playing warcraft with real armies instead of 8 men. Ok, so i mean playing a fantasy RTS with real armies, something that was possible in Battle for Middle Earth as well but I was let down by their online mode.

mirusuki
07-05-2011, 08:13 AM
the very fact that its an mmoRTS excites me :P played and loved such a genre with shattered galaxy and soul master

Wizaerd
07-05-2011, 03:27 PM
So what are you looking forward to?

The editor...

What am I not looking forward to? The online gameplay.

Bossmanguy
07-08-2011, 12:40 PM
I'm hoping for some insane castle sieges, mix that with some of my orc horde pillaging anything not behind walls. I'm basically looking forward to the whole sandbox-style kingdom building game.

I don't really know anything about how the game actually works, but I'm really hoping that the pvp will let you destroy other players fortresses, or at least part of it. There'd be no fun in attacking someone just see his fortress completely restored after the battle.

GPS51
07-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Any buildings damaged will have to be repaired from 1hp and that takes time+ resources.

Brotolemaeus
07-08-2011, 07:30 PM
I do wish there was talks about a "hardcore" server or something, where your entire city could be razed to the basics and would add a very real detriment to losing battles. While I know there is the argument about new players would just be insta-slaughtered by the older players, there could be a "protection" zone until you reach a certain level of city where you can only attack those close in level to you.

Bossmanguy
07-09-2011, 08:58 AM
We can only hope that they implement something like "raze city" in the future. It would feel immensly satisfying to leave a trail of ruins in the wake of your army. :)
This would also serve to make defending sieges more exciting as your kingdom would simply vanish from the face of the earth if you lose. To give the defending player a better chance of staying alive you could create a minimum of men required to raze a city (I bet razing a city/fortress is hard work). This would help a vastly outnumbered defender as he could stay alive by using his soldier efficently, and thus making sure the aggressor has too few soldiers left after the battle to actually raze the fortress.