PDA

View Full Version : Economy, Trade & Military

Whiplash27
05-31-2011, 04:19 PM
Haven't had a chance to be part of the beta, but I was thinking. Not sure I read about it anywhere (although I now see a trade thread a page back, but I guess this expands a bit more on it). How about being able to trade with nearby towns/allies? Any kind of resource (food, gold, lumber, weapons, etc), maybe caravans carrying tribute, things of that nature going back and forth between towns.

It'd be a great way of getting items that maybe you aren't proficient in producing. Maybe unlock certain items? Whatever it may be.

Now as a part of this, an opposing army can setup a blockade around your town. This would make it so nothing comes in and out of your city walls. Any caravan of any sort would be destroyed and the spoils going to the aggressor. The only way to get stop this is to get rid of your enemy.

Also, maybe have supply wagons going back and forth between your town and the front lines. An enemy can then go and cut off your supplies from getting to your soldiers, causing you to retreat. Not sure how long a battle will last, but attrition should be an important part of defense.

It would definitely increase the interaction between players in the online mode.

Alex Walz
05-31-2011, 04:36 PM
Trade (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2016) is already a big part of both the Online Kingdom and the Kingdom Wars modes. :)

As for embargoes and supply wagons - no units will be able to leave the town while that town is under attack. Sieges simply don't last long enough for caravans to travel to and from a nearby town - however races either have market buildings where they can transmute resources for a fee or sustainable economies within their walls, granting them the resources they need during a siege.

Ognjen
06-14-2011, 05:27 PM
One question,will there be a option to set your own price on selling items,so u can control market ?

lucidious7
06-29-2011, 07:19 PM
One question,will there be a option to set your own price on selling items,so u can control market ?

I'm curiouse about this too. I know this thread is a few days old, but I would love to hear about how the player to player economy will work if in fact there is one. Trading with allies would be a great option. I haven't heard anything about this. Is there an economy outside of trading off your resources with NPCs!? And as quoted above will players be able to control prices?

yankeejim
07-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Controlling the market would add a huge other aspect to the game. Especially along the diplomacy front. Wars for resources...whoda thunk it.

CryoPyrus
07-20-2011, 02:52 AM
Yea, I'm going through and posting on pretty much every thread... no matter how old...
Anyway, I like the trade with allies idea, I haven't played the game yet, but... hey, I'll support it. From the above posts I have enough info... controlling the market is a good idea, and I like the concept of wars over resources... ;)