PDA

View Full Version : Question about release

Axal01
05-29-2011, 03:08 PM
Ive not been checking up on the game for quite some time. I recently tried to login to game but I forgot my username and password..anyhoo, What is the expected release date? and hopefully ive posted into the right area.

davidxxx90
05-30-2011, 08:08 AM
yeah...is it 3th june or 17th june? ( i hope it's 3 june :D )

Novakiller
05-30-2011, 02:25 PM
those release dates are old, i think i saw somewhere a dev posting something about final touches to patches and what not in july, so those june release dates way out of date, dont rely on those, plan for a july/aug release as its slated for summer release.

Mauso
05-31-2011, 01:18 AM
May be a good idea to update the information detailed in the beta description which clearly states the retail release is indeed June 3.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-31-2011, 08:39 AM
We are waiting for the official announcement from our publisher. So for now it`s still June 7th :eek: officially - but I got a feeling this will change shortly.

megastealer
05-31-2011, 11:13 AM
We are waiting for the official announcement from our publisher. So for now it`s still June 7th :eek: officially - but I got a feeling this will change shortly.

Wow June 7th would be close! That is surprising, but I bet it does get pushed back based off everything I've read. Do you happen to know if we are too close to the release date for beta keys to still be awarded? It would help to know so I can stop pressing f5 on my gmail inbox. :D

Ghost
05-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Pushing back the release date is the right move. This game has the potential to be really successful, but it's got a lot of polishing left to do yet. Releasing it before it's done will kill it.

Konstantin Fomenko
05-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Well as you might have guess - yeah (I`m not officially admitting anything though - PR rules:P)

But hypothetically speaking - if the release date was to be pushed back, the beta testing will continue, perhaps another 2 waves? perhaps even a large Open Beta test (with no need to sign-up just download and play) in the near future. But again... I`m just thinking out-loud here - we all agree that game has potential but needs a lot more work though.

akeden
05-31-2011, 05:34 PM
Wow, and I hoped to find concrete dates somewhere. Well, I guess I should work on my patience in the meantime.

Seriously, I can't imagine that some people are waiting for this game since 2004...

Whiplash27
05-31-2011, 07:15 PM
It's refreshing to see a gaming company who is willing to go the extra mile to make their game fulfill its potential. Hope it works out.

Nightrun
05-31-2011, 07:41 PM
Are the next wave of beta keys being sent out tomorrow? Just going off of this comment

Alex Walz
Reverie World Studios - Marketing Director & Assistant Producer Join Date: Mar 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We know there's a lot of dedicated fans out there still patiently waiting for their chance to get into the Dawn of Fantasy beta and we've also had a few reported problems with expired keys, so we'd like to offer everyone who signs up for the beta within the next two days a spot in the next wave, which will be sent out at the end of the month. Sign up here with your name, system specs, and email address!

Publisher 505 Games will also be hosting a number of contests to let an additional 4,000 testers in, so be on the look out!

See you in the beta!

Joseph Visscher
06-01-2011, 12:33 AM
I wish we where more like Valve. Sigh.

Customer: "When will half life 2: eps3 be done?"
Valve: "When ever the hell its finished, leave us alone."
Customer: "Can I atleast have a screenshot?"
Valve: "Hell no. Here have some concept art instead."

Way better then just having release date after release date and then have to push it back more and more.