PDA

View Full Version : Terraria

TheHoboGod
05-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Terraria is a game to be released that looks amazing. It takes some aspects of Minecraft (mining and building) and some aspects of any regular RPG (weapons, armor, enemies, etc.) and mashes it together into a 2D side-scroller.

Check out the website! http://www.terraria.org/

tombug
06-25-2011, 02:16 PM
If anyone comes to this thread wondering how terraria is, its an awesome game, dont expect the building to be along the line of minecraft, its a game where exploration is a bigger part of it, the harvesting of different materials to craft many good items, a true rpg game.

Slashcko
06-25-2011, 05:41 PM
I was kind of unsure of this game when it was released because it seriously lacked content. like 10 hours at most. But the dev team seems to still be very active, I'm of course referring to the recent update. Quite impressive how much they've managed to add.

Sheikaih
06-25-2011, 06:14 PM
This game is really neat, though you really need to be creative and have a few friends to play with. It get's a bit dull once you reach the highest level of gear, though. Hopefully it updates regularly.

Kalibah
06-26-2011, 01:18 AM
Its a great game but it was somewhat lacking on content -- it was easy to get the best gear and have no challenges

chinchy
06-26-2011, 08:25 AM
yea but new content is on the way

Lotoss
06-29-2011, 03:50 AM
Hmmm...need to see it )))

Tarkus
06-29-2011, 09:10 AM
Hello :)
I have played terraria and its awesome !
unfortunally there are some hacks to this game like cheat engine or invedit :( thats why its hard to find fair server without any hackers but at all its cool. Some like minecraft but 2D and a lot of more monsters :D

KI-FA
07-12-2011, 10:28 AM
Terraria the good

ash12181987
07-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Iffy.

IMO if you want minecraft with more monsters... get minecraft and get a monsters mod.

Don't get me wrong it is fun, but I found very little that kept me playing it after I got it. I kept wanting to build a grand hall or get an army or something like that. And when all of that failed, I just went back to Minecraft and added another legion of homes to my secret lair/compound atop mt Oblivion.

It got a lot of things right, even considering what it is most compared to, minecraft. NPCs, shops, interesting monsters, good... but they didn't go far enough.

I understand that playing after a while it becomes more of... open world Zelda sidescrolling, but It just never really won me over all the same.