PDA

View Full Version : Dragons?

Novakiller
05-10-2011, 03:16 PM
After looking around n stuff i was a little confused as to this subject really, are dragons a playable race? or are they just part of AI controlled units? did they get left out of the game completely? or are they just in the main campaign of the game?

I have to say i hope they are a playable race, that would so brilliant, i dont know any other game that allows you to play as dragons lol.. wow :D

Kharl
05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I believe the dragons are not a playable race, but if you go into the dragon or dwarf regions you can hire them as mercenary units for your army. (At least thats what I found in the Media section). I am not in the beta - yet! - but thats what I have found on the boards.

Novakiller
05-10-2011, 04:44 PM
yeah im not either, always hoping though.... Thats pretty interesting though, wonder if they are as grand or as powerfull in the game as they should be though, im sure from a games perspective you wouldn't want to make them too powerfull for obvious reasons, especially in a mmo inviroment, but that is pretty awesome being able to hire them. Do you know if they are big in size?

Kharl
05-11-2011, 12:16 PM
So having not been in game yet, I do not know, but there is one pic in the Friday updates that shows a dragon on the ground

http://www.reverieworld.com/screenshots/ff44/dragon3.jpg

Alex Walz
05-11-2011, 01:05 PM
We will show some more dragons off shortly. :)

Dragons (and Dwarfs, for that matter) will not be playable races in the initial release - although they may be featured as playable races in future expansions. However, you will be able to travel to their realms to fight wild dragons in the volcanic realm of Sssilistra in southwest Mythador or to steal gold from the dwarfs in northeast Mythador (an adventure which will be shown very soon in the next dev diary). Players entering these regions will be treated with hostility and will have to battle fire-breathing dragons and/or dwarven gunpowder. Select dragon and dwarf units can be purchased as mercenaries, allowing them to be added to your armies for extra strength but they are expensive and cannot be regularly built at your homeland.

Novakiller
05-11-2011, 10:55 PM
superb reply Alex, thanks very much for taking such an interest in the forums, rarely see anyone that matters other gaming forums these days, brilliant :D

As for the actual info that you provided, sounds absolutely amazing, can just imagine how many towns and citys and people building some big castles having a couple dragons to protect their lively hoods, fantastic lol

Alex Walz
05-18-2011, 02:46 PM
As teased, here are the dwarven caves in video! http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3083

Novakiller
05-18-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm drooling right now

GPS51
05-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow....the use of lights and certain ideas I've seen in other FF's is incredible.. I was excited to play and I've been playing for over a year in betas!

tsukasa950
07-11-2011, 10:15 AM
ah well guess il wait and see if dragons become playable race xD when saw trailer was like ooo i wanna command a army of dragons and build a dragon lair but guess have to wait a bit longer for something like that xD

Dante453
07-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Well that's cool

Alex Walz
07-15-2011, 03:50 PM
Head on over to our media forum (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3486) to catch info on our elusive dragons!