PDA

View Full Version : another thread with questions

Arctopus
05-26-2008, 12:38 PM
hello , i'm new to this forum.
i'm looking forward to this game.
annyway , i have a few questions :)

1. can there be created more towns on 1 cd-key? (like you can create several accounts).
2. can we reserve names for our towns?
3. can we create our own logo or choose one for your army, flags etc.?
4. i will have to begin all over when my city has been destroyed?
5. are there magicans :P?

Jean=A=Luc
05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
I can only answer 4 & 5.

4. You won't start completely from scratch but your city will decrease in size/tech level, not sure how to put it. This is how I understood it at least.

5. Yes, there will be mages, they won't be numerous (you probably won't be able to have more than a few) but magic in DoF will be quite powerful.

This might be a little silly but I can't help but ask if you made a typo with your nick. I have a nagging feeling that you wanted to use Felicity instead of Fecility. :)

Ovocean
05-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Good to have new questions, it was missing these days.

Puppeteer
05-26-2008, 01:14 PM
can we create our own logo or choose one for your army, flags etc.?
Man I hope so, like .tga pictures... that would be awesome

Joseph Visscher
05-26-2008, 03:08 PM
hello , i'm new to this forum.
i'm looking forward to this game.
annyway , i have a few questions :)

1. can there be created more towns on 1 cd-key? (like you can create several accounts).
2. can we reserve names for our towns?
3. can we create our own logo or choose one for your army, flags etc.?
4. i will have to begin all over when my city has been destroyed?
5. are there magicans :P?

1. Yes, you can make several stronghold lordships of any of the sides. The second the game is released and I get online, Im making my Desert Orc stronghold of the Realm of Gokkhelm, and a Human Mountainius stronghold of Southmont, the capitol of Teria. :)

2. You have to name each and every stronghold without numbers. ;) (no strongholds named something like "3Zy$*!49". Lol.)

3. Not currently, but that is a good suggestion and may very well be implemented

4. Not fully sure, things may change, but no you won’t have to completely rebuild your lordship after being defeated, if you’re a higher level and a pro player, the game should keep you in the loop. Kon or Ryan will have to confirm.

5. Yes there will be magic, and there will be wizards and such.

Arctopus
05-27-2008, 07:25 AM
This might be a little silly but I can't help but ask if you made a typo with your nick. I have a nagging feeling that you wanted to use Felicity instead of Fecility. :)

no , it's no mistake ;)

---
thanks for the answers!
forgot a question :)

6. can we make guilds?
7. if possible, we can already start think of making a guild =)

crex719
05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Id be careful with guilds. People got angry at me for starting one so I would wait.

Jean=A=Luc
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Id be careful with guilds. People got angry at me for starting one so I would wait.

No one got really angry. Some thought it was stupid to plan a guild before release which is a pointless argument imo. and some didn't want to donate resources to the "leader". The rest was a mixture of poor English usage, spelling errors and spam + a few awesome comments made by me. :p Anyway, since Fecility (damn this word) seemingly plans to play humans too maybe you could reinvigorate the issue.

Arctopus
05-28-2008, 07:13 AM
No one got really angry. Some thought it was stupid to plan a guild before release which is a pointless argument imo. and some didn't want to donate resources to the "leader". The rest was a mixture of poor English usage, spelling errors and spam + a few awesome comments made by me. :p Anyway, since Fecility (damn this word) seemingly plans to play humans too maybe you could reinvigorate the issue.

not sure if i'm going to make human.. it's cause i know that they have good defence and economie ...
is there a post with lots of informations about the races? i can't find any. :(

Konstantin Fomenko
05-28-2008, 09:52 AM
To answer # 4 - this is something which won`t be finalized until well into beta testing stage, however, as it is now, there are numerous defeat conditions and ways to end a battle.
-Player on the verge of defeat can surrender and offer terms (resources) - this can actually be done as soon as player is attacked, but the longer the battle goes on the more expensive it`ll be.
-If player fights it out to a bitter end, his Stronghold will take considerable damage and would need repairs. Some of your units will be lost, the rest will be resurrected with very low hit-points. So while it is a throw back, the penalty is not that bad - looking at around 10-15 minutes or so of repair/rebuilding time.

We try not to over-penalize loosing, but greatly reward winning.

Arctopus
05-28-2008, 10:11 AM
thanks!

again , i came up with another question :p

8. is there a chat?

Joseph Visscher
05-28-2008, 02:55 PM
thank!

again , i came up with another question :p

8. is there a chat?

Yes.
Not to sure about Vo-ip/Voice over IP/mics, hopefuly,
Ingame freinds list, most likely, not yet though.

Ryan Zelazny
05-30-2008, 03:06 PM
I can add on a bit to what Joseph and Konstantin have put in.

Regarding custom logos for your kingdoms, we currently don't have it planned, but I have asked our programming department about it, and it is possible. It is something a few of us think should be in the game, and we will probably put it in, but it all comes down to time constraints. We may not add a "use an image from your PC" style to it, because we know it would get abused, and it would also cost us to pay people to monitor those things (we'd like to use our budgets to pay more people to make DoF2 or DoF expansions). So more than likely if we do implement logos, it will be much like Guild Wars' cape design system, there will be numerous backgrounds/designs/colors you can use to create your own unique logo.

In game chat, there will be in game text chat, at this time we have no plans for in game voice chat. Not sure if any current RTS games use it, but if it becomes a necessity to you, you can always use third party programs like Team Speak or Ventrilio.

Neotyguy40
06-01-2008, 06:59 AM

Regarding custom logos for your kingdoms, we currently don't have it planned, but I have asked our programming department about it, and it is possible. It is something a few of us think should be in the game, and we will probably put it in, but it all comes down to time constraints. We may not add a "use an image from your PC" style to it, because we know it would get abused, and it would also cost us to pay people to monitor those things (we'd like to use our budgets to pay more people to make DoF2 or DoF expansions). So more than likely if we do implement logos, it will be much like Guild Wars' cape design system, there will be numerous backgrounds/designs/colors you can use to create your own unique logo.

In game chat, there will be in game text chat, at this time we have no plans for in game voice chat. Not sure if any current RTS games use it, but if it becomes a necessity to you, you can always use third party programs like Team Speak or Ventrilio.

Ahh ventrillo... Good times... Good times...

But now we have Teemspeex, and we don't need it anymore.

LordSlayer
06-01-2008, 02:26 PM

Maybe you could make it like DoW's custom flags and decorations. I bet a lot of people would like to put their own custom heraldry on their army's banner.

Esculas the Mighty
06-22-2008, 07:25 PM
Maybe you could make it like DoW's custom flags and decorations. I bet a lot of people would like to put their own custom heraldry on their army's banner.

yes;)
i agree

Grizzlez
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
I'm sure if you need 'moderators' to ensure that the game is running smoothly, you should easily be able to get a load of people from here and after the game is released players that seem reliable and mature enough. And that would all be free.

Neotyguy40
06-28-2008, 09:10 AM
I WANNA BE A MODERATOR!!! I IS MATURE ENOUGH!!! I WILL CRY IF I DON"T BECOME A MODERATOR!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Please?

Khyron
06-29-2008, 01:39 AM
I WANNA BE A MODERATOR!!! I IS MATURE ENOUGH!!! I WILL CRY IF I DON"T BECOME A MODERATOR!!! WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Please?

If only this did not actually happen from time to time.

I have little doubt that at some point there will be a custom flag option will be in, even if it is limited to DOW or GW style of making a banner. I don't need it at launch and would prefer that Dev team not get bogged down with it delaying launch, but as an update once they have it working the way they want ensuring no inappropriate images can be somehow managed to be made.

Puppeteer
06-29-2008, 01:15 PM
A patch or expansion for this wouldn't be such a bad idea... it would prompt people to buy the expansion, but not be necessary

Neotyguy40
07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
I think that there should be regular game updates, such as 1 every month...