PDA

View Full Version : Free MMORTS

frankein_fish
05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Really need a good Free MMORTS untill this beauty comes :p
Well anyway the game im stuck with right now is Navyfield good but i've played it for quite sometime now so im kinnda bored :rolleyes:

Joseph Visscher
05-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Theres a pretty good free racing game called TrackMania Nations Forever on steam, hmm, America's Army is also free, that game owns, but i dont know any free mmorts games, I would google it maybe somthing would come up, i doubt it would be 3d though.

The Witch King of Angmar
05-17-2008, 06:24 PM
Holy War ftw.

frankein_fish
05-18-2008, 03:03 AM
Heh.well i mean a MMORTS with graphic :D
And BTW im already playing HW :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
05-18-2008, 08:30 AM
What's your name? Tribal Wars is ok btw.

frankein_fish
05-18-2008, 10:11 AM
Think its Frankein.
BTW i have played tribal wars and no thanks :p

The Witch King of Angmar
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I almost forgot, what world? PS Try Battle Knight.

wou129
05-19-2008, 12:20 AM
tribal wars is boring i hate browser games

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 04:48 AM
Well i was hoping on a game kinnda like Boundlessplanet but free :p
If u dont know any more games than browser games......Dont botter! :p :D

wou129
05-19-2008, 09:42 AM
i know 1 saga but u have to pay fore boosters and **** like that:(

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah i know, the game system of saga is ****up

cherbui
05-19-2008, 11:25 AM
well i looked on www.mmorts.com to see if anything to kill the time right now i am just playing www.travian.com to kill the time however nothing intrest me enough =( cant wait for DoF thats for sure hehe :p

wou129
05-20-2008, 12:41 AM
he dident wanted browser games

frankein_fish
05-20-2008, 05:08 AM
cant wait for DoF thats for sure hehe :p

Heh ur not alone id love an Beta now no matter how bad the game system is :p

wou129
05-20-2008, 09:57 AM
yea me to and what is with that giant fish man is that a moevie of some sort

WearisomeWall
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
Shattered galaxy is amazing, try it out.

Turboflex
06-30-2008, 05:13 PM
Shattered Galaxy and Navyfield are both great classic games. SG RTS strategy and Navyfield is more action oriented tactical strategy and is very demanding skill wise.

If people want to try an amazing free action MMO with some RPG elements try Infantry online:
http://www.station.sony.com/casualProduct.vm?Id=039

Deep gameplay that takes a lot of skill.

ash12181987
06-30-2008, 08:30 PM
What is so bad about Saga, I didn't know there were many MMO RTS games out. It didn't look too bad.

Khyron
06-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Saga is based off micro transactions. Meaning you buy booster packs useing real life money to add aditional units to your forces, the boosters do have random units included. On a sad note your real life money you spent on units is lost when the unit is destroyed.

ash12181987
06-30-2008, 09:51 PM
So... it's basically Pokemon-card's for the RTS community? :P

Neotyguy40
07-02-2008, 11:35 AM
Saga is bad... It is just trying to be cheap and get quick cash...

nickson104
07-12-2008, 03:08 PM
saga is a decent game in itself but yeah its just moneyhunting, the game itself is okay... kind of... its one of the few decent MMORTS games but costs a great deal... i have tried playing it and unless you buy boosters i mean like you tire of it within an hour due to the lack of units

i mean come on what is 25 light infantry, 20 archers, 15 light cavalry, 20 spearmen (javeliners, i think they are skirmishers but i never tested it fully) and 15 pikemen going to do really? i hear they added a spell and 2 of the common strong units in but still that wont be much

i am looking for a good free MMORTS too that is what led me here... this may not be free but no monthly charge and it looks awesome so im staying, cant wait for a beta... i am currently on a waiting list for warhammer online beta but i doubt i will get it so i hope i can get this one :)

Sketchie
07-14-2008, 10:55 AM
That is not true. You do not loose your units when they are destroyed in Saga, you loose the level that you leveled those units to if you disband the squad but you do not ever loose the unit or card as they are called. SO basically you keep what you payed for, and on a side note, I play saga and its actually pretty fun, once you get to the higher levels its a lot of fun. And also you dont have to pay for anything off the bat, its a free download and you get a certain amount of cards when you start, so its really not that bad! If anyone plays, you should PM me! In game name : Lorderan

S

nickson104
07-14-2008, 03:57 PM
That is not true. You do not loose your units when they are destroyed in Saga, you loose the level that you leveled those units to if you disband the squad but you do not ever loose the unit or card as they are called. SO basically you keep what you payed for, and on a side note, I play saga and its actually pretty fun, once you get to the higher levels its a lot of fun. And also you dont have to pay for anything off the bat, its a free download and you get a certain amount of cards when you start, so its really not that bad! If anyone plays, you should PM me! In game name : Lorderan

S

I played it about a week ago but i got bored of having such a small force base and knowing that i could easily get more but that would cost me (i hated that)
Plus the fact that i couldnt even use half the features... they claim it to be F2P but you just need to buy boosters, however its not really as you need to BUY a full account to use most of the features

ash12181987
07-14-2008, 09:26 PM
I think most F2P games I've ever found are like that: Yes you can play, to a point, but those of you who DO pay... yeah your basically gods compared to those dullards who don't.

Sketchie
07-15-2008, 12:00 PM
Everything cost money to upkeep, including server we play on, production costs, maintenance.. All of this comes at a hefty price, they have to pay for it somehow, anyway there are a lot of sites giving away free registered account with three booster packs. I don't disagree that you have to buy booster, but the amount you actually do buy is set by you, they don't force you to buy them so you don't have to spend that much money. Once this game comes out though I will definitely be playing it over anything else though!!!! :D

S

nickson104
07-16-2008, 07:33 AM
Everything cost money to upkeep, including server we play on, production costs, maintenance.. All of this comes at a hefty price, they have to pay for it somehow, anyway there are a lot of sites giving away free registered account with three booster packs. I don't disagree that you have to buy booster, but the amount you actually do buy is set by you, they don't force you to buy them so you don't have to spend that much money. Once this game comes out though I will definitely be playing it over anything else though!!!! :D

S

Well in Europe you cant buy boosters except by card which funnily enough a 15 year old does not have :p And besides i looed for those sites and they all dated back to sometime in April and the offer expired...
And yeah me too sketchie :) this game is going to fill a big void in my gaming life at the moment :)

Kell Aset
03-25-2009, 02:01 PM
There is a very interesting mmorts in production (closed beta at this time), it is a hobby project of Treeform, game itself is named Angels Fall First : The Second Antarean War.

The Second Antarean War is a space mmorts game. Player takes a role of a fleet commander from a glorious Antarean Empire or United League of Planets and fights for control over systems.
For now we can: join faction, buy ships, attack/defend systems - for that we aquire money (requisition points) and if we are rich we can buy more ships and make more profitable for other players to defend/attack specyfic systems.
Building stations, ships customization, kind of economy simulation, perhaps new faction (npc or not) is in plans just like other interesting stuff, check videos and forums for more info.

Main site:
http://www.aff2aw.com/index.html
There is a "Ships in Game" section for those interested in ships of each side, not all of them are included but still most of them.

These movies will show details of game:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgVCyZss2Os&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU2DFsOgqfk&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNVXPs3Zm3g&feature=channel

Developer is aiming for game without world reset, ah and yes it will be free.

Benjamin385
03-29-2009, 02:59 PM
Saga is fun well from my stand point

Kell Aset
03-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Really no one interested in Angels Fall First : The Second Antarean War? it will be like World in Conflict but with space and a conquest mode.

LiTos456
03-29-2009, 08:31 PM
I think it's horrible

Kell Aset
03-30-2009, 03:10 AM
:eek: why? I see great potential in 2AW, remember it is in early closed beta and game itself is being made mostly by 1 man. Everything will still change, game balance (units etc.) combat more like navy battles + firing arcs without just standing and shooting at each other. It will be quite interesting when finished :) .

LiTos456
03-30-2009, 06:46 AM
I think DoF will be just as good when it's finished as well.

Kell Aset
03-31-2009, 01:16 AM
Both will be good but different in their direction. DoF as You know will give players unique chance to own piece of land (great idea indeed :)) to build there and to care for it.
2AW is a little simplier like - jump in, buy ships go attack/defend space system, kill ships to get more money and buy more ships - that will be good when there is not that much time to play and when we have of course mood for space cRTS :) .

Xil3
03-31-2009, 06:05 AM
i think it looks quite good.. (2AW) ima get it now

Nimlot
03-31-2009, 10:22 AM
VU (visual utopia) is a free broswergame.. not really RTS but stil :P

http://visual-utopia.com/

LiTos456
03-31-2009, 02:53 PM
Both will be good but different in their direction. DoF as You know will give players unique chance to own piece of land (great idea indeed :)) to build there and to care for it.
2AW is a little simplier like - jump in, buy ships go attack/defend space system, kill ships to get more money and buy more ships - that will be good when there is not that much time to play and when we have of course mood for space cRTS :) .

Currently Im out of interest in modern/futuristic games. I have switches every half a year or year. I've been playing modern games like shooters for a long while now, and suddenly I have this urge to play something fantasy. But that's just me :)

Kell Aset
04-13-2009, 09:21 AM
I have something like that too from time to time, depends on the mood but well nvm that.
One of free games I forgot to mention - INVASION 3042 placed in Battletech universe :)
http://www.invasion3042.com/i/inews

adamater
04-13-2009, 03:03 PM
savage 2 might be classified as a mmorts

szebus
04-14-2009, 05:34 AM
Has it already been said ? Khan Wars (http://www.khanwars.com)

szebus
05-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Another upcoming MMORTS is Company of Heroes: Online (http://community.companyofheroesgame.com/company-heroes-online), this one has it's beta test (http://coho.sdo.com/homepage/index.html) in chinese language. :mad:

P.S. Anyone knows chinese ?

Mrdash
05-07-2009, 02:28 PM
After I learn spanish and french I might learn chinese XD

I play Tribal Wars one three diferent worlds. I think its much better than Ikariam/Ogame/other crapy browser based games.

MrBlack103
05-08-2009, 12:32 AM
*Remembers good old days on Tribal Wars*

Neotyguy40
05-09-2009, 11:45 PM
I played Tribal Wars a few years ago... Then I switched to Travian, which is a clone of tribal wars but with simpler gameplay. Then I quit both because the communities became ****.

Qc_4ever
05-10-2009, 10:49 AM
After I learn spanish and french I might learn chinese XD

I play Tribal Wars one three diferent worlds. I think its much better than Ikariam/Ogame/other crapy browser based games.

I'm in T~K tribe on the french world. ^^

szebus
05-29-2009, 12:16 PM
EA's Battleforge is going to be a free to download free to play mmorts, only with microtransactions Gamespot (http://www.gamespot.com/news/blogs/online-blog/909186734/26892854/battleforge-becomes-free-to-play.html) sais.

Puppeteer
05-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Interesting, I wonder if it's viable to get by without paying your way with microtransactions. I certainly did so in the BETA :p

LiTos456
05-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Then it might be one of those games that make you pay for all these optional things, eventually you just dont find a way out of it but to pay for them.

szebus
06-18-2009, 10:41 AM
You won't belive this, Stronghold is going MMO (http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/) !

Maybe 2010 will be the year of great mmorts games :D

Kell Aset
06-18-2009, 01:05 PM
Ho ho well interesting indeed, I will be observing that.

nickson104
06-18-2009, 04:01 PM
You won't belive this, Stronghold is going MMO (http://www.strongholdkingdoms.com/) !

Maybe 2010 will be the year of great mmorts games :D

Well it looks interesting... but the graphics look terrible? hopefully that homepage is nowhere near as good as the game... because the homepage for it is pretty terrible... :/

Asatru
06-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Lol awesome always enjoyed playing that game

Kire
06-18-2009, 07:48 PM
I dont have good feeling about that stronghold, tho i liked first medieval part very much, not so much than that expansion and mmo sounds nice but when i went look on their site i lost my interests =).

szebus
06-19-2009, 04:25 AM
Oh and I bet they will make it a pay to play game :(

Kell Aset
06-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Hope not but if yes then I will instantly lose interest with it.

szebus
06-22-2009, 06:46 AM
Hmmm... I am disappointed about Stronghold Kingdoms.

Look here (http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/articles/interviews/4003-stronghold-kingdoms-informationen-stronghold-mmog/3/) and you will find an interview where they say much about the game, such as "Basically Stronghold Kingdoms sits somewhere between ’Stronghold’ the RTS game and browser based games such as Tribal wars or Travian." and " Its not an RTS in that you control your troops in real time, but you do get to watch the battle when it hits and orders that you have given will modify your troops behavior and the outcome of the siege.". :mad:

But then again, I will have something that way to play @ work 2. :P

nickson104
06-22-2009, 08:44 AM
Look here (http://www.onlinewelten.com/games/articles/interviews/4003-stronghold-kingdoms-informationen-stronghold-mmog/3/) and you will find an interview where they say much about the game, such as "Basically Stronghold Kingdoms sits somewhere between ’Stronghold’ the RTS game and browser based games such as Tribal wars or Travian." and " Its not an RTS in that you control your troops in real time, but you do get to watch the battle when it hits and orders that you have given will modify your troops behavior and the outcome of the siege.". :mad:

Well that just killed the game for me... oh well thats one less game to be worried about affording... :) :p

Asatru
06-22-2009, 10:25 AM
Hmm yeah that is kinda weird.

Fun part with stronghold is taking your army to the enemy base and party over there ;p

Kire
06-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Hmm yeah that is kinda weird.

Fun part with stronghold is taking your army to the enemy base and party over there ;p

No fun part at it is building fortress and cultivating things.... =), and it had (stronghold-the very first one) nice map editor so i could create really beautiful maps and even helms deep =P

Asatru
06-24-2009, 07:46 AM
Mwhe i just liked putting in large oil fields and then wait for the enemy to come.

Got to love Engineers :D:D

Aametherar
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
Sounds kinda like Heroes of might and magic:Kingdoms, which is nearing release, but i'm really revved up about it, I love a good browser based game, although I havn't really had any worthy ones since Astronest.

Aothane
06-26-2009, 05:08 AM
would these types of games include some degree of hack-n-slash gameplay and character advancement elements ?

I love that particular genre, but it is difficult to come by enjoyable games, and as particular markets go they have not been very rewarding (to say the very very least on the matter) to game companies of recent years.

Aametherar
06-26-2009, 05:14 AM
Hack n slash sounds more like the MMORPG genre, like Warrior Epic for example. MMORTS is more like Starcraft on a much larger scale, but also generally with slower gameplay for obvious reasons.

As for web based games, that's usually turn based, no actual user combat.

P.S. Can't believe my spell checker still doesn't acknowledge Starcraft in this day and age.

szebus
06-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Here is another upcoming title : Mytheon (http://www.mytheongame.com/index_en.html).

Vimes
07-09-2009, 10:40 AM
You can try Beyond Protocol in the free sandbox universe. Has some limited functions compared to a subbed account but worth a go. If you had a Mankind account at any point you can jump in their beta server now devs are back on the case. Boundless is active again btw - Justin was returned to us from wherever the aliens keep taking him.

For more you will just have to haul arse over to my site ;)

szebus
07-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Another game to play in spare time is Dolumar (http://int1.dolumar.bigpoint.com/?pref=53722).

sorry for posting this with referal, but need runes :p

nickson104
07-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Another game to play in spare time is Dolumar (http://int1.dolumar.bigpoint.com/?pref=53722).

sorry for posting this with referal, but need runes :p

It looks not too bad for a browser game, may try it sometime... just cant be bothered right now... Im thinking its time for a bit of Team Fortress 2 XD :p

Aametherar
07-20-2009, 01:24 PM
Id check it out but I don't play bigpoint games, I don't like how they conduct business and treat their customers.

szebus
07-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Hmmm... this is new, how bigpoint treat their customers ?

Aametherar
07-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I could give countless examples but i'll just give 1 that happened to me and others I know of. If there's a bug in one of their games that has adversely affected you and you report it they'l delete your post and pretend it never happened and you don't exist no matter how much you try to contact them, unless you try too hard they'l ban people, didn't ban me but others I know of for trying to contact them and get things fixed. I just said ok I quit all your games bye, and never went back then blocked their spam emails :P

szebus
07-20-2009, 03:36 PM
LoL... good to know, anyway, never planed to contact them or pay for their games, they just dose not seem to earn it.

szebus
08-23-2009, 12:35 PM
Company of Heroes goes online here HOW TO PLAY THE FREE COMPANY OF HEROES ONLINE (http://community.companyofheroes.com/running-coho-china-english). It is not a fake or some illegal thing, it is Relic entertainments Company of Heroes: Online what was released for China as a microtransaction based mmorts.

wills370
08-29-2009, 12:00 PM
hmm might give it a look is it all in chinese however?

Ironic
09-23-2009, 12:51 PM
well space alliances or wateva its called which is basicly easy mode beyond protocol is free unlimited trial, the only restriction being u cant build ships larger than fighters. still a bit a of a laugh if uv got some time to waste

Farseer_Arien
09-28-2009, 09:56 PM
just not many good games lately that come out that catch our attention anymore... most that seem to come out are all rushed and not finished or to many bugs.

szebus
01-06-2010, 01:51 PM
Here I found another one : Confrontation Unlimited (http://www.confrontation-unlimited.net/page/index.php)

blackfang
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
if any of you are willing to pay for a game (to continue to make things better then trial) i would really like to suggest beyond protocol once more even tough it is already posted, i played through the beta and became a pretty big player. The reason i quit was really that i could not really pay more the fee afterwards, but it is pretty fun:D If i ever get a bank account i migth consider starting again. Also its just that it is a bit boring to design every single aspect of the game by yourself, i mean you can use hours just to make one perfect design. But once you got up and deployed your armada you should be good to go for server crashing (my guild when i was there The black hand crashed the servers once a while by placing ten thousands of ships both godlike and small whenever we went for a raid:) tough i didn't get on many of those raids i did however hold the frontier system and created the so called PURGE of traders consortium and that other weird named group:) It is so beautiful to scout a player then suddenly drop down with a HUGE army and let them go rampage in the enemy base:) My army reached a total of 200 frigates and more then i can count of fighters and escorts, i did not however get many ships above that. Except those i bought because i did not want to even try designing a good design.

So if that did not convince you that BP is good i don't know what to do, but i think it is a great time consuming game for those lonely days waiting for DoF:)

Ohh yeah even tough the black hand was actually the best guild in the universe when i played in the beta, when it started out in retail or whatever it is called. It was almost completely obliterated because of some beta grudges, i mean most of what we did in that guild was terrorize the guilds we were at war with. That and those raids which appeared from nowhere claiming entire systems most of the times. Ahh the good times:p

szebus
01-14-2010, 07:00 AM
Another MMO Strategy game, browser based and more like Heroes 3, is Lords Online (http://lo.igg.com/). It is a good game until Dawn of Fantasy (http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/) comes out. :)

Josh Warner
01-14-2010, 08:13 AM
Another MMO Strategy game, browser based and more like Heroes 3, is Lords Online (http://lo.igg.com/). It is a good game until Dawn of Fantasy (http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/) comes out. :)

What do you mean by Heroes 3? Heroes of might and magic? Or something else. If you do mean HOMM that's pretty cool.

szebus
01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Heroes of might and magic as in the picture:

http://i40.tinypic.com/bfgu3m.jpg

It is true that the style of the game is more like the 4th edition of Heroes but it is quiet ok.

Supreme
01-14-2010, 10:52 AM
http://www.warofenlightenment.com/

War of enlightenment is a turn based strategy game for 20 human players with single master server. War of enlightenment client includes also single player game possibility, so players can practice the game before they join to real multi player games.

In multi player games, each player rules his own nation and competes against the other Nations in orders to became the Emperor of Europe.

Im pretty sick of time-based mmorts's so this was perfect for me. You can make your turn at whatever time you prefer as long as its before 20:00 GMT every day.

Josh Warner
01-14-2010, 08:54 PM
Heroes of might and magic as in the picture:

http://i40.tinypic.com/bfgu3m.jpg

It is true that the style of the game is more like the 4th edition of Heroes but it is quiet ok.

mm, 4th felt like an abomination. I still play three from time to time though, I really enjoyed HoMM3 and still do. 2nd was more popular, but I always felt 3rd was more accessible and I liked the tactics for it.

Sounds interesting though, wish I had time to try it out.

szebus
01-14-2010, 11:36 PM
HoMM3 was a really great game, maybe the best from the series for most of us. There will be a flash/browser based HoMM, Kingdoms I guess and this will be almost the same as HoMM3 for I heard.

Edit: Might and Magic Heroes Kingdoms (http://mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/) / not yet launched world wile.

szebus
01-25-2010, 07:53 AM
Another free browser MMORTS is Castle of Heroes (http://en.game.heroes.gpotato.eu), this one gives the feeling of Heroes 3, in fact is almost the same.

Here are some sample picture:

Inside castle:

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/7205/castleofheroesinside.jpg

Travel map:

http://img641.imageshack.us/img641/8145/castleofheroes.jpg

Puppeteer
01-25-2010, 11:50 AM
Complete rip off of Heroes 3, more like.

szebus
01-25-2010, 02:09 PM
And another of this new breed of browser games, Battle of Gods (http://www.battleofgods.com/account/register/?referral=fa833d57167ea814).

wills370
01-25-2010, 05:28 PM
What's your name? Tribal Wars is ok btw.

o wow i used to play that what world were you on?

szebus
01-26-2010, 06:42 AM
This one is an interesting browser game, only it is in german, Escaria (http://midgard.escaria.com).

P.S. This thread should be renamed to Browser Based Strategy Games :)

Supreme
01-26-2010, 03:12 PM
They all seem like travian-ripoffs really... :o

Josh Warner
01-27-2010, 01:07 AM
Complete rip off of Heroes 3, more like.

I consider that a good thing, not a bad one.

Supreme
02-01-2010, 06:23 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/

Figured id share it with my dawn of fantasy friends! :P, sign up for coc4

massenic
02-01-2010, 07:02 AM
thx supreme! I signed up

Liljagare
02-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Please share how it is, if there is no NDA..

I seriously don't get wth they've done with the C&C series.. gone from good, to ok, to completely lame.. :(

szebus
02-02-2010, 01:01 AM
True, true. Only The First Decade (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandconquerthefirstdecade/index.html?tag=result;title;0) contained the good C&C's.

massenic
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM

I seriously don't get wth they've done with the C&C series.. gone from good, to ok, to completely lame.. :(

I just got my beta key for c&c. Going to download it tomorrow. I'll check if there's a nda and if there's not I'll let you guys know how it is.

Henry Martin
02-07-2010, 03:33 PM
I just got my beta key to. There is a nda, though game just went into public testing and are allowed to talk about the game, but are not allowed to post screenshots or videos. I read through it(I never actually read one).

massenic
02-09-2010, 02:46 AM
About the screenshots. I always make a lot of screens/vids just for myself. When I tried making screenshots and recording my screen for c&c4 beta, only my desktop showed up... I wanted to record my first game I played but all I have now is a desktop with a mouse moving over it...:confused:

Supreme
02-09-2010, 09:26 AM

It's alright. Nothing to write home about.

Vimes
02-17-2010, 06:32 AM
Time of Defiance is totally Free2Play now with no money involved. The game has hit a wall dev wise and they are working on a new offering. Until then they have promised to run the servers as before but with no subscriptions. A bunch of old players are surfacing and its been pleasant for nostalgia lol.

If you like your card games then Battleforge is Free2Play.

Also feel free to pimp on my boards - I support viral and player led marketting methods.

zach12wqasxz
02-17-2010, 12:42 PM
:eek: why? I see great potential in 2AW, remember it is in early closed beta and game itself is being made mostly by 1 man. Everything will still change, game balance (units etc.) combat more like navy battles + firing arcs without just standing and shooting at each other. It will be quite interesting when finished :) .

i think the game has potential, i love space war games like eve online and some others in to lazy to name off

raving
02-18-2010, 04:10 AM
downloading it now ^^. god im a c&c freak :D
well more of a red alert freak but still ^^.
aah the good old days of ra2 :(. gieb it back!

Josh Warner
02-18-2010, 04:23 AM
downloading it now ^^. god im a c&c freak :D
well more of a red alert freak but still ^^.
aah the good old days of ra2 :(. gieb it back!

The only thing C&C/RA does right these days are the cutscenes and music, the actual gameplay coming out of the newer games just doesn't.. I don't know. I just don't like it, ra3 for example never felt right it was just another C&C game, no longer red alert. They're not bad games by any means, just too different for my tastes. I liked RA2 and wanted that with better multiplayer support+graphics, instead we got a totally reworked economic model and crazy units that made the game feel like another universe, not a continuation of RA2.

nickson104
02-18-2010, 08:25 AM
The only thing C&C/RA does right these days are the cutscenes and music, the actual gameplay coming out of the newer games just doesn't.. I don't know. I just don't like it, ra3 for example never felt right it was just another C&C game, no longer red alert. They're not bad games by any means, just too different for my tastes. I liked RA2 and wanted that with better multiplayer support+graphics, instead we got a totally reworked economic model and crazy units that made the game feel like another universe, not a continuation of RA2.

And that is the most valid and correct post i have read in a long time... It is true that all they do well is the music, im not too sure even about cutscenes...

Another game that applied for was halo wars, it had some amazing cinematics and the story was okay i guess, but other than that it was just another failed RTS... I hated how fast the multiplayer games degenerated into one unit rushes... Either the notorious 7minute warthog rush, grizzly rush, hawk rush etc... the 'super' units in that game were a bit 'TOO' super...

But admittedly i do still play that game from time to time, simply because of the halo universe :) it can be quite fun with all the units :) but i must play with friends, its much better to see a balanced army rather than an army of one unit...

zach12wqasxz
02-18-2010, 12:04 PM
And that is the most valid and correct post i have read in a long time... It is true that all they do well is the music, im not too sure even about cutscenes...

Another game that applied for was halo wars, it had some amazing cinematics and the story was okay i guess, but other than that it was just another failed RTS... I hated how fast the multiplayer games degenerated into one unit rushes... Either the notorious 7minute warthog rush, grizzly rush, hawk rush etc... the 'super' units in that game were a bit 'TOO' super...

But admittedly i do still play that game from time to time, simply because of the halo universe :) it can be quite fun with all the units :) but i must play with friends, its much better to see a balanced army rather than an army of one unit...

lets hope dof doesnt turn into a big blitz fest

GPS51
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
I would think the nature of MMO would really help with the pacing. People won't be expecting "real time tatics" *chris taylor*. They will be a little more relaxed that way.

raving
02-18-2010, 05:20 PM
i hear you, i would give about 100 dollars for a game like ra2. god i miss that game :'(

blackfang
02-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Games where rushing got no point is games that the fortress/village itself is quite powerful i mean see for instance rome total war (even tough its just strategy kinda game) You would never attack with one or two units against a castle, that would be suicide. You wait till you got at least half an army, or some very powerful units. I have seen other games where rushing is no good too... I played stormrise against 7 other players (Or at least thats what it seemed like, i didn't get the teams at all:confused: still don't since i haven't played online since then.) No one rushed me, afterwards i learned why. If you just strategically place the right people at the right place no one would attack you because it would simply be suicide... They even waited for the whole army to get ready, they planted siege units outside my entire base. Their aerial units fell like flies, however i lost a unit once in a while tough. My resources was low, and my only defense was 6 of those two legged mechs, two siege tanks and the rest was snipers. My siege tanks took the enemy's siege tanks and other evil doers, my snipers kept the roof free from mind controllers and other snipers, and all the rushers were teared apart from my mechs. It was truly a horrific combination however i lost due to having no income after some time of hard fighting and loosing my snipers and 3 mechs... That is the kinda game where you never rush, if you do you normally get crushed pretty easily:rolleyes: That is a defenders most likely to win kinda game, however the attackers get a lot better later. Thats the kinda game i hope this is for, defenders most likely to win in the start and attackers got equal chances later on:D

szebus
05-11-2010, 01:53 PM
Until waiting for the beta or the full game, there is an announcement here (http://www.digitalmindsoft.eu/forums/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=6756).

Abister
05-11-2010, 09:41 PM
Shattered galaxy was a really fun game, I loved it like crazy. But the "owners" of the game now could give less of a shiz about it. Because of THERE lame system is what got me banned, just don't play that game. It was fun while it lasted, but hey: If it wasn't for the lame "owners" I would have never discovered DoF, so maybe I should give them credit, no?

Aametherar
05-11-2010, 10:32 PM
Not sure what you're talking about. But I played SG for a while, it was fun, but the developers sold the game and all updates ceased (on a bad version no less). That was many years ago, so it's re playability is lacking, plus people that played for years have such an extreme advantage it's just not worth playing if you're new. Again I have no clue what you speak of with this "ban" thing. But that's my take on it.

LoveToKill
05-13-2010, 01:52 AM
Games where rushing got no point is games that the fortress/village itself is quite powerful i mean see for instance rome total war (even tough its just strategy kinda game) You would never attack with one or two units against a castle, that would be suicide. You wait till you got at least half an army, or some very powerful units. I have seen other games where rushing is no good too... I played stormrise against 7 other players (Or at least thats what it seemed like, i didn't get the teams at all:confused: still don't since i haven't played online since then.) No one rushed me, afterwards i learned why. If you just strategically place the right people at the right place no one would attack you because it would simply be suicide... They even waited for the whole army to get ready, they planted siege units outside my entire base. Their aerial units fell like flies, however i lost a unit once in a while tough. My resources was low, and my only defense was 6 of those two legged mechs, two siege tanks and the rest was snipers. My siege tanks took the enemy's siege tanks and other evil doers, my snipers kept the roof free from mind controllers and other snipers, and all the rushers were teared apart from my mechs. It was truly a horrific combination however i lost due to having no income after some time of hard fighting and loosing my snipers and 3 mechs... That is the kinda game where you never rush, if you do you normally get crushed pretty easily:rolleyes: That is a defenders most likely to win kinda game, however the attackers get a lot better later. Thats the kinda game i hope this is for, defenders most likely to win in the start and attackers got equal chances later on:D

Id like to think it would help but im not sure with the build times for walls but chances are Rushes when the game first comes out will be a widely used tactic Along with trying to capture trade carts and things of that nature Fear the rush for it is mighty :x

blackfang
05-13-2010, 05:33 AM
of course rushing some places is normal, however you don't rush walled towns... You wait till you got a decent military force:)

GPS51
05-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Yup but there will still be those wondering why they only have lvl 1 and 2 troops cuz they keep rushing fortified walls...

szebus
08-29-2010, 05:03 AM
There are two more upcoming MMORTS's, the Ministry of War (http://ministryofwar.com/index.php) and a big surprise named Age of Empires Online (http://ageofempiresonline.com/).

Kire
08-30-2010, 04:50 AM
There are two more upcoming MMORTS's, the Ministry of War (http://ministryofwar.com/index.php) and a big surprise named Age of Empires Online (http://ageofempiresonline.com/).

Nice new AoE version .... i thought at first. Than i went to look it and was quite let down. The new cartoony graphics (to attract "bigger population"). In my opinion they should just update the old version and would be better. Neither the buildings nor units look something special and just one faction (greeks, oh the good old age which had like 8+(?) factions from start). Finally one of the worst thing is no offline play =(. Well cant judge gameplay yet but i hope it has more massive battles (which i missed in original aoe =)) and some units have special abilities like at aom.
I will sign up for beta to see how it goes if will be chosen. But atm i am not impressed. It would be also better if they did it like stronghold online with original graphics.

What do others AoE lovers think?=)

GPS51
08-30-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah I feel the same way about it as you do. I don't mind that they're redoing one of the age games but this feels like a cop out to casual gaming and to see an epic series like age do that is not bueno. For one thing LAN is always how we managed the have the most fun back in the day. 3 pc's booted up off of 1 pc. Ah yes and don't forget the gothic rush! Teach those britons who rules the world!

Puppeteer
08-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Agreed - the graphics look similar to Battleforge, that is to say very cartoony, and some of the buildings are replicas off AoM (ie. the dock).
But then again, the emphasis in Battleforge is on online play and fun then on realistic graphics. It's meant to be smooth. I only played the beta though, so I'm not that well informed.
Anyway, this will not be a game that I'll purchase.

GPS51
08-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey they say that Age online will be free for base copy. Another odd descision when it comes to Age online. But I figure that it will increase the population who are willing to give it a try because it doesn't cost the 50$ that the previous age games have run (not including x/y packs)

szebus
09-01-2010, 08:17 AM
If someone is interested there is another upcoming game, a real epic one remade for online play, Jagged Alliance Online (http://www.jaggedalliance.com/index.php?id=39&L=1). Those who know and liked the game will be pleased to hear this news. Still I'm waiting for DoF open beta and can't wait to have it on my tabel in a boxed edition.

bdco
12-08-2010, 05:18 PM
I suggest SHK

Abyssmal
01-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Shattered Galaxy I think it was called, I tried it out along time ago and found it fun.

szebus
01-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Elements of War (http://www.elements-of-war.com/en/) – is a modern MMORTS, with a single-player campaign included, set in the post-apocalyptic world that has suffered a global technological disaster. The failed tests of experimental climate weaponry completely destroyed Washington, D.C., burying the government of the United States under ruins. This caused a sequence of ecological disasters all over the world and was also the reason the European Expeditionary Corps were sent to the USA torn apart by warring military forces. The story of Elements of War will unfold gradually over the 12 missions of the single-player campaign, in which you will command the joint forces of Russia, Germany, France and USA. Having completed the single-player campaign, you may go online and choose one of the two warring sides, former allies, fighting in a new conflict. You will engage in thrilling battles enriched by highly detailed gameplay animations, realistic particle physics and dynamic weather that will affect gameplay directly. You will be able to play as Russia or the USA in 10 types of PVE missions, fighting marauder gangs swarming the land. To aid you, there will be over 25 upgrades of military hardware, which includes both existing units and futuristic weather elementals and quite a lot more.
The key features include:
An original storyline
Convenient classic RTS controls
Battlefields up to 2 square kilometers in size
Tens of highly detailed units to control
An army ranking system in the online part of the game
10 large-scale missions for the single-player campaign
A chance to play American, Russian and German forces in the single-player campaign
The online confrontation of Russian and U.S. armies
Unique climate weaponry

Have not tried yet but it sure seems to be a free to play World in Conflict clone, what is in the end not a bad thing.

Bamboocha
01-20-2011, 08:03 AM
i think end of nations soon gets in beta stage

Devilmoon
01-20-2011, 11:23 AM
Elements of War is cool

somodimido
01-21-2011, 04:03 AM
mhm most mmorts i know free to play are browsergames like stgc ogame etz....

battleforge seems to be the best free to play mmorts in the world wide web.

vvzone
01-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Now playing in Stronghold Kingdoms... But not so much opportunities in it...

Finn
01-24-2011, 02:20 AM
Also Stronghold kingdoms but before that i've been palying Ministry of War
http://www.ministryofwar.com/community/

padawan1988
01-25-2011, 02:45 AM
If not a Caesary said, but it is very "GOLD"

Energy
01-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Try Stronghold Kingdoms

artic79
01-28-2011, 02:09 PM
DoF will not be free to play after oponing ?

TRANG-Supreme
01-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Stronghold Kingdoms will give you enough boredom and fits to really savor this game when it is released!

I am so glad i found this!

4u2envy
01-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Maybe a game like Company of hero's online, Though it's still in Beta. me and my friend play it quite often and is quite fun :)

Zenidiller
01-31-2011, 11:20 AM
I dream of a good MMORTS hopefully this game meets it, all other mmorts games i played where bad unfortunately.

Veep
02-02-2011, 02:01 AM
Tribal war is boring...

adull
02-03-2011, 06:02 AM
i remember one game.. battle forge but im not playing it at well. on screens it looks pretty nice ;D

Dolas
02-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Battleforge is alright...but, prepared to pay money if you want to have any good cards. Also, the pve game is a little to short, with only around 2-3 dozen missions that you can do on normal, hard, or expert.

My personal recommendation would be League of Legends, just because its a really good game if you want something that is free and that does not require you to pay for anything to be competitive...and its a lot of fun :P

m0rli
02-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Maybe a game like Company of hero's online, Though it's still in Beta. me and my friend play it quite often and is quite fun :)

COHO is going to get shut down... sadly : (

Bassman
02-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Try Terra Militaris it got great graphics

EdwardTheGreat
02-05-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure someone said this, but Company of Heroes: Online is a fun MMORTS and worthwhile in checking out, or maybe something along the lines of Age of Empires, though I'm not sure if that is an MMO, at least I never played it as an MMO.

][freeman][
06-30-2011, 10:00 AM
World of battles is mmorts and free.

DOminator
07-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Just started playing battle forge.

It's okay I guess, not really MMORTS if you ask me.
Ah well, I'll keep playing it untill this comes out.

ToniToolTime
07-12-2011, 06:58 PM
I actually have an account. I played it a while ago. I have this rare wyrm thingy that you could sell for a few booster packs.

yankeejim
07-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Try picaroon...nice fun game

Metal
07-16-2011, 03:27 AM
war of something is pay to win mmorpg, dont even touch it.... (all about $$).

yankeejim
07-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Metal, i hear ya on that, i almost wish they would go back to a suscription model. Paying for items that give away a key materials or support ruins it for the rest...but i also see how the devs of those games, probably like to feed their kids and will attract more members with f2p than a subscription based mmo.

DOminator
07-16-2011, 09:57 AM
Try picaroon...nice fun game

I've played it. It's pretty good, only I don't really like the sea theme.

szebus
10-14-2011, 04:12 PM
Here is a video that has been posted to www.mmorts.com : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m5rh2OYQLZA#!

Are they sure they don't talk about Dawn of Fantasy ? :D

szebus
12-01-2011, 12:30 PM
http://imageshack.us/f/689/37956324299235003441019.jpg

Image 1 (http://imageshack.us/f/689/37956324299235003441019.jpg)

http://imageshack.us/f/4/39077420677012612221505.jpg

Image 2 (http://imageshack.us/f/4/39077420677012612221505.jpg)

Konstantin Fomenko
12-02-2011, 12:27 PM
http://imageshack.us/f/689/37956324299235003441019.jpg

Haha - thanks szebus!