PDA

View Full Version : Commonwealth of Men

crex719
05-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Welcome to the Commonwealth of Men

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/4/5/14/f_Commonwealtm_618893d.jpg

Basically, CoM is a guild with an elected leader. This leader is given a large sum of resources in order to build a very strong fort. Once this is complete, the leader will distribute supplies to the other members and defend them with an army when needed.
If you are going to start a war, contact the leader and a majority vote will be necessary. Any infighting must be between armys only, we cannot afford to have weak forts at any time.
Right now, this is intended for the Beta. If all goes well and this system works, it will follow up into the game. Members of the guild should stay close and remain in one area (hopefully in Men territory). If you want to be in, PM me. I would like to set this up before the beta actually comes out.
That is all for now,
C-Rex719

Feweh
05-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Welcome to the Commonwealth of Men

http://img37.picoodle.com/img/img37/4/5/14/f_Commonwealtm_618893d.jpg

Basically, CoM is a guild with an elected leader. This leader is given a large sum of resources in order to build a very strong fort. Once this is complete, the leader will distribute supplies to the other members and defend them with an army when needed.
If you are going to start a war, contact the leader and a majority vote will be necessary. Any infighting must be between armys only, we cannot afford to have weak forts at any time.
Right now, this is intended for the Beta. If all goes well and this system works, it will follow up into the game. Members of the guild should stay close and remain in one area (hopefully in Men territory). If you want to be in, PM me. I would like to set this up before the beta actually comes out.
That is all for now,
C-Rex719

Always wait for the actual game before making a clan, much easier to sort out exactly whats what.

The Witch King of Angmar
05-14-2008, 06:33 PM
Indeed. I will be playing dragons mostly though so I don't know if I'd be in it.

Generation
05-14-2008, 06:45 PM
i either play dragons elves or men but never orcs

Jean=A=Luc
05-14-2008, 06:47 PM
Common"wealth", huh? I think I've found my first target. Just for that I might decide to play Orcs. :D

crex719
05-14-2008, 07:45 PM
Common"wealth", huh? I think I've found my first target. Just for that I might decide to play Orcs. :D

What is that supposed to mean? I am not sure what your implying....

Anyways the beta is going to be a testing ground for the Guild.
Also I do not want it to be an aggressive guild. Sure a war every now and then is fine, but I do not want to be attacked constantly!

EDIT: Keep in mind it is a commonwealth of MEN! That means you must play as Men to be in. I will be seeking certain ambassadors to the other races, however. I also plan on forging a strong dwarven alliance.

Jean=A=Luc
05-15-2008, 12:44 AM
Just sayin' there might be a lot of valuables to plunder. :rolleyes:

cherbui
05-15-2008, 07:19 AM
CoM for Men only ? what about the Orcs their cute and green ^^:D

wou129
05-15-2008, 08:51 AM
lol yea and what about dragens thay are vary handy for liting stuff

Puppeteer
05-15-2008, 09:05 AM
Bad idea to try and set one up before you play and fully understand the features of the game...

Joseph Visscher
05-15-2008, 12:07 PM
I'm going to leak some in game text for you guys during the starting of your human online kingdom. Hope I don’t get to much heat, you guys know that this might be changed around a little bit etc.

"DAGBOR MESSENGER: Hear Ye, Hear Ye! By the decree of King Erian, the savior of Terria, amendments have been made to the Old Dagbor Home Warfare Law. Let it be known, that from now on all lords in the realm have a legal right to wage war against their neighbors for any just cause."

(My interoperation of why the law was made by King Erian [NOT OFFICAL])
Basically, the entire world is in chaos due to a massive war the Humans and Orcs just had, that has affected everyone because just about half of the human kingdom did not attend this war. Several Kings died before, during and after this war which is the cause of the war and the new Dagbor Law, as well other sides have their own issues (when do you see Orcs not fighting each other :p?), which leads to a completely unstable world where everyone (everyone online ) are going to fight and grow their own kingdom to become king, or the main kingdom (you will be king, Rank 1... if you can keep it).

Kon/Ryan if the last part is wrong, then tell us the full way online wars are handled.

cherbui
05-15-2008, 12:26 PM
now i start to wonder can orcs be king of all hume dragon and elves hehehe if orc ranks #1 overall ;)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-15-2008, 02:37 PM
Interesting, but how do elves and dragons fit into that scenario then?

Jean=A=Luc
05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
(My interoperation of why the law was made by King Erian [NOT OFFICAL])
Basically, the entire world is in chaos due to a massive war the Humans and Orcs just had, that has affected everyone because just about half of the human kingdom did not attend this war. Several Kings died before, during and after this war which is the cause of the war and the new Dagbor Law, as well other sides have their own issues (when do you see Orcs not fighting each other :p?), which leads to a completely unstable world where everyone (everyone online ) are going to fight and grow their own kingdom to become king, or the main kingdom (you will be king, Rank 1... if you can keep it).

Which basically means no alliances. It actually makes sense because alliances would greatly unbalance online play. Or am I reading this wrong?

*I used to be a High Elven Defender, now I'm a tree, lol.

Joseph Visscher
05-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Which basically means no alliances. It actually makes sense because alliances would greatly unbalance online play. Or am I reading this wrong?

It doesn’t necessarily mean that, it just means that you can declare a war and fight a battle with whomever you wish with just about any cause (including for fun). It does not mean alliances are completely impossible, it’s a choice of the player(s) whom they wish to fight or not fight.

crex719
05-15-2008, 04:30 PM
At least my idea is possible....cant see why I cant send gatherers into someone else's fort so they kill em and get the money though.. BTW if your mad this is a Men only guild then go make your own. Seriously people get so offened IMO...

supagu
05-15-2008, 09:35 PM
It doesnít necessarily mean that, it just means that you can declare a war and fight a battle with whomever you wish with just about any cause (including for fun). It does not mean alliances are completely impossible, itís a choice of the player(s) whom they wish to fight or not fight.

what if 2 people attack the same person at once, will the 2 attacking teams enemies accidentally automatically attack each other? or do units only attack when you specifically tell them what to attack?

wou129
05-16-2008, 01:03 AM
dont know i think u wil get a 1vs 1 vs 1 or a 1 vs 2

Joseph Visscher
05-16-2008, 01:24 AM
do units only attack when you specifically tell them what to attack?

Cant answer all of this, but.

Units have several stances from hold ground to full out attack all enemies in sight.

frankein_fish
05-16-2008, 04:56 AM
Cant answer all of this, but.

Units have several stances from hold ground to full out attack all enemies in sight.

Phew.....Well thats pretty basic.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
05-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Note to some palyers please this CoM you try to create before the game starts please exspain to me this NOOBY idea that which you try to draw others and flame this has happened in many games. IF you are just plain ******ed and trying to make a guild before the game comes out you are one of the dumbest people i have ever seen on the online world! This CoM Bull **** guild that your trying to make is stupid and you should get warned for trying to loar others into a pointless guild that could becoem a problem to doF so please reconsider because their are 4 RACES DUMBASS you dont haft to be an all race player like in BFME2 the gayest hero busting game ever!!! I am hilly insulted with types of noobs these days trying to make guilds or ask for an unfair advantige to races!

Commit 2
Your ranking system could **** many people off with this hole rank 1 crap please make a None Ranking system where online 1 player can be number 1 because what if some ones lets say 1500 and they has a higher skill lvl then number 1 but hast to get through 1498 people first so please think of a new ranking system.

wou129
05-16-2008, 03:04 PM
nice barking:cool:

crex719
05-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Exuse me Sauron but you seem to be the noob here...
1) Learn to spell, I "hilly" stress this to most "palyers".
2) I am not trying to "loar" people in, I am simply asking people if they want to join.
3) So what it is a 1 race guild. Who said you have to join. Go make your own 1 race guild If you feel it is unfair.
4) Do not go on a website and trash a game's ranking system when you do not show examples of other games and you do not even understand part of the concept.

Sorry to get mad but that really annoyed me.

Ryan Zelazny
05-16-2008, 04:18 PM
Note to some palyers please this CoM you try to create before the game starts please exspain to me this NOOBY idea that which you try to draw others and flame this has happened in many games. IF you are just plain ******ed and trying to make a guild before the game comes out you are one of the dumbest people i have ever seen on the online world! This CoM Bull **** guild that your trying to make is stupid and you should get warned for trying to loar others into a pointless guild that could becoem a problem to doF so please reconsider because their are 4 RACES DUMBASS you dont haft to be an all race player like in BFME2 the gayest hero busting game ever!!! I am hilly insulted with types of noobs these days trying to make guilds or ask for an unfair advantige to races!

Commit 2
Your ranking system could **** many people off with this hole rank 1 crap please make a None Ranking system where online 1 player can be number 1 because what if some ones lets say 1500 and they has a higher skill lvl then number 1 but hast to get through 1498 people first so please think of a new ranking system.

I don't really want to get involved in squabbling between two forum members, but seriously if someone wants to make a guild -even before the game is released- then let them. Reverie's stance on creating a community around the game is very high, so we fully encourage clans/guilds before the game is released or after, it doesn't really matter as long as people are enjoying DoF enough to put time and effort into making the experience more enjoyable for more people. Essentially clans make it easier to network people, and you can get lots of good friends and contacts out of playing in one, so why would it be bad thing to create one.

I don't see why you have to bash someone on a forum just because you think the idea is stupid, you could just voice your opinion by saying "I don't think starting a guild before the game is out is a good idea", not totally insult someone, thats completely immature. Or if you really wanted to be nice, you could not say anything at all.

Next time please think twice before going off on a rant that is both completely baseless and immature.

To deal with the second point made about the ranking system. Nothing really has been released about how our ranking system is going to work, so I wouldn't worry too much about it until it comes to a point where your going to need to know about it (such as closer to the beta).

Puppeteer
05-16-2008, 04:37 PM
that's the second or third time Sauron has gone off on one... and been either completely wrong or langauge spoiled the content. nice one.

Jean=A=Luc
05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
The only thing that worries me about 'guilds' is the prospect of multiple players ganging up on a single one. I expect there's some kind of a restriction in place for such occasions.

crex719
05-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Of course there would be for my guild unless the person really is trashing us or did something to one of are members (lagging em out, cheating, etc.)

Jean=A=Luc
05-16-2008, 07:50 PM
Of course there would be for my guild...

I'm talking about a rule embedded in the game mechanics, relying on players' personal ethics is shaky to say the very possible least...

frankein_fish
05-17-2008, 02:12 AM
Well there is a rule that is designed to protect players against one stroner player so it would surprise me if they didnt had anything like that rule when it comes to guild's

LordSlayer
05-17-2008, 09:09 AM
Well there is a rule that is designed to protect players against one stroner player so it would surprise me if they didnt had anything like that rule when it comes to guild's

I hope they do, because i wouldn't like to be ganged up by a whole guild instead of just 1 of it's members.

Esculas the Mighty
05-18-2008, 10:53 AM
i wouldnt mind joining only thing i disagree on is the leader getting tributes from the rest of the members

what if i wanna build an unstopable city-fort ?

Jean=A=Luc
05-18-2008, 11:40 AM
i wouldnt mind joining only thing i disagree on is the leader getting tributes from the rest of the members

what if i wanna build an unstopable city-fort ?

Well, you'll just have to be happy with a stoppable one. :p

crex719
05-18-2008, 11:43 AM
This leader is given a large sum of resources in order to build a very strong fort. Once this is complete, the leader will distribute supplies to the other members and defend them with an army when needed.

I love how people dont read....

Jean=A=Luc
05-18-2008, 11:45 AM
Actually I'm pretty sure he did read it.

crex719
05-18-2008, 11:52 AM
OK then....for those of you who read and do not understand.... Giving the leader resources is a one time thing. Once he can make a strong fort it will be a resource generator for the rest of the guild. Understand now?

Esculas the Mighty
05-18-2008, 03:12 PM
im sure that would work in the long run but theres no way we would be able to defend ourselves against a orc guild who all built up (not to the fullest just enough to make army ) and all attacked a different village early on ,the leaders omega fort could'nt save the rest of the commonwealth maybe one or two depending on how stubborn the orc players are

crex719
05-18-2008, 03:30 PM
Honestly it would take less than a day if all of the members chiped in.

Jean=A=Luc
05-18-2008, 03:40 PM
How do you know? We don't really know enough about game mechanics concerning the speed of resource gathering etc. (especially the mmo aspect) to say for sure. What we do know is that base building and upgrading happen slower and are more expensive in the mmo mode than in single player.

By the time you build up one strong fortress and at the expense of slowing down others' development you could very well find yourself up to the neck with cheap orcs.

Esculas the Mighty
05-18-2008, 04:04 PM
How do you know? We don't really know enough about game mechanics concerning the speed of resource gathering etc. (especially the mmo aspect) to say for sure. What we do know is that base building and upgrading happen slower and are more expensive in the mmo mode than in single player.

By the time you build up one strong fortress and at the expense of slowing down others' development you could very well find yourself up to the neck with cheap orcs.

yes thats just what i mean
orcs have the advantage early game hunters are part time archers

hmmm i migth go elven now =\

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 02:22 AM
yes thats just what i mean
orcs have the advantage early game hunters are part time archers

hmmm i migth go elven now =\

Orc's is always the early game slaughters but when it comes to long game's they tend to be underpowerd. that's why i play Human :p

wou129
05-19-2008, 09:37 AM
depents on the game but i am gone play dragons

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 11:15 AM
My impresion of the dragon is that they're both early and later games but that they focus on later one's
Atleast thats my impresion :D

Esculas the Mighty
05-20-2008, 07:04 PM
im kinda expecting dragons to be OP =\

wou129
05-21-2008, 12:32 AM
dont get that what do u mean with OP

Esculas the Mighty
05-21-2008, 06:49 AM
over powered

wou129
05-21-2008, 10:56 AM
no they wont at leats that is wat revary sead

frankein_fish
05-21-2008, 01:35 PM
Reverie*. Anyway i think the Dragons will be hard to face.
But then again any race is hard to face with a skilled player is behind the keyboard :p

Puppeteer
05-21-2008, 01:41 PM
leats? ... oh! I see!
Well, I can't see Reverie botching up the job of balancing. Patches can fix minor things anyway. Except EA. They can't do jack

ps:
http://www.tinkersgardens.com/newweb/site_images/leeks.jpg

wou129
05-22-2008, 12:49 PM
????????????? thaqt is a gore fenstebal