PDA

View Full Version : 2 computers controling 1 race ?

cherbui
05-13-2008, 09:40 AM
i dont know if this is an option or not. but i remember AoEII, where we had the option to let 2 computers runing 1 race at the same time.. was wondering if thats an option. :p
if some of us playing it like a dual account ^^
sometimes when i am too bussy fighting i forget to do other stuff and have have my partners building up the resources or what not... i took care of all military actions ^^ hehe

just a thought =):p

wou129
05-13-2008, 09:42 AM
u mean 2 peeps have 1 acount or somthing

cherbui
05-13-2008, 09:46 AM
kinda of but not excatly. like 2 players can control the same account at the same time. AoE2 has an option like that on their Multiplayer option. where my brother and i can play as 1 races control by 2 players like its only 1 person.

Jean=A=Luc
05-13-2008, 10:12 AM
A co-op kind of mode. The devs never mentioned anything like this afaik but considering the scale of the game it might not be a bad option to have.

frankein_fish
05-13-2008, 11:15 AM
Agree it would be a relif during battles :p

cherbui
05-13-2008, 12:26 PM
:D yup ! thats the word i'm looken for Co-op hehe

Ovocean
05-13-2008, 02:37 PM
It was one of my suggestions and still is. No answer from the devs yet. It's a nice option for those who like to play in coop.

wou129
05-13-2008, 02:55 PM
o i get it now i realy like that on that way 1 can focus on econemy and the other on militeary

(lol sorry fore my bad englich)

Jean=A=Luc
05-13-2008, 04:58 PM
Well, no answer + it never being mentioned means a 99.9% likelihood that the co-op options isn't planned for this release but they might make a mental note of it for the future.

wou129
05-14-2008, 12:53 AM
wel its a bt unfair if its used in a 1 vs 1 becose that its more like 2 vs 1 but i like the idee

frankein_fish
05-14-2008, 01:05 AM
Maybe u could have dedicated co-op game's :p

Jean=A=Luc
05-14-2008, 06:28 AM
wel its a bt unfair if its used in a 1 vs 1 becose that its more like 2 vs 1 but i like the idee

Well, something like that obviously wouldn't be allowed by the game rules. You can't not have dedicated co-op game setups.

Puppeteer
05-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Wouldn't they conflict in what they want to do with the military?

cherbui
05-14-2008, 01:35 PM
nah i think it it would be funny to see ur troops moving left to defend great wall and ur partner moving them to the right to retreating from battle hehe ..

but in co-op i think in AoE2 u can control the same units its not like its seperation of unit types.
i wonder if its possible to even have this option ^^

Jean=A=Luc
05-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Starcraft had a co-op mod like that, I don't know how exactly is it handled but it's not really a new feature.

Joseph Visscher
05-14-2008, 04:35 PM
That is a very interesting feature that would indeed be very cool, however I doubt dof-1 will have a feature like that.
If it does.... Hurray,,, right? ;)

kissklas
05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Well, i think it would be better to have coop- play over factions. Alliences with other kings. Kind of like a guild, but in an RTS kind of way. There should ofcourse be a limit on how many kingdoms the allience could involve. That way it would be possible to have battlelines. Each faction in the allience having their spot on the front and so on. That would open for a whole new dimension of playing. Planning before going into a siege.

Dont know if that would be to hard to make, but I think it would be a nice feature. What do you think?

Feweh
05-14-2008, 06:25 PM
I suggested a Splitscreen option.

But hell im game for any co-op that can be put it for the XboX-360

i'd do anything.

Seriously i'd die for something.

kissklas
05-14-2008, 06:39 PM
I suggested a Splitscreen option.

Splitscreen has i think, died out a bit when it comes to PC. It works for Xbox and other consoles, but every gamer has a PC, and a networking card. Before networking became standard splitscreen gaming was the way to go. But it steals a bit of the control.

But for Xbox. Think of having the option for each control to log into a seperate account, and play a seperate kingdom. It could work. Atleast with a big enough screen:P

SPARROW94
05-15-2008, 11:17 PM
I THINK, CO-OP SHOULD BE DISCARDED FOR THIS GAME...IF YOU WANT A CO-OP GAME THIS ISNT WHAT YOU WANT FOOOOOOLS, what you want thats co-op RTS is command and conquer red alert 3 or halo wars...dow doesnt fit the co-op slot

kissklas
05-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Sure it does! What is an online rts without alliences, betrayel and strategies!

Jean=A=Luc
05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
Sure it does! What is an online rts without alliences, betrayel and strategies!

Don't argue with Sparrow and his crazy rhetoric, he'll pwn ya! :p

frankein_fish
05-17-2008, 05:01 AM
Don't argue with Sparrow and his crazy rhetoric, he'll pwn ya! :p

Or rather he spam's ya :p

LordSlayer
05-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Kissklas, don't bother with him, you don't even remotly have a chance to win against him...

kissklas
05-17-2008, 11:47 AM
It's not a competition, or an argument. Just a personal point of view. His view is "no coop". Mine is "yes to coop". I respect his opinion, and he should respect mine. Peace out!

frankein_fish
05-17-2008, 02:43 PM
and he should respect mine. Peace out!

Well........He dont

Feweh
05-18-2008, 03:54 PM
I THINK, CO-OP SHOULD BE DISCARDED FOR THIS GAME...IF YOU WANT A CO-OP GAME THIS ISNT WHAT YOU WANT FOOOOOOLS, what you want thats co-op RTS is command and conquer red alert 3 or halo wars...dow doesnt fit the co-op slot

When is he getting banned... he's driving me nuts. Contribute something useful instead of bashing everyone and giving nitty comments.

Jean=A=Luc
05-18-2008, 03:57 PM
I dunno, Sparrow might be a spammer but he's a top notch spammer. Observe the usage of the "FOOOOOOOOOLS" expression, brilliant...

And his zerg anecdote as i looked through the haze it became manifested that the zerg were on the other side of the kabanti tribute statue is a rare kind of treat.

Besides he, and I quote, has "knowleg of RTS and KNowleg of the way of the GAME" so perhaps one shouldn't take his opinions too lightly.

What I mean to say is, sit back and enjoy the ride... :p

wou129
05-19-2008, 12:17 AM
what the **** means zerg i know it is a race of star craft but what do u mean with it

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 04:50 AM
What I mean to say is, sit back and enjoy the ride... :p

Enjoy :eek: :eek:
How can u enjoy his spaming?

Jean=A=Luc
05-19-2008, 06:55 AM
Enjoy :eek: :eek:
How can u enjoy his spaming?

Well, it's not so much spamming as it is a force of nature, like wind or rain.

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, it's not so much spamming as it is a force of nature, like wind or rain.

Guess ur right, try to stop his spamming is like try and stop the wind :p

Puppeteer
05-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I don't understand his annecdotes, and view them as both pointless and irrelevant

The Witch King of Angmar
05-19-2008, 02:50 PM
I don't understand his annecdotes, and view them as both pointless and irrelevant

Nice use of vocabulary! I'd rather just play someone I knew on the 360 though, than have DoF be a multi-player game on the computer.
(That was an attempt to get back on topic if your wondering.)

Joseph Visscher
05-20-2008, 12:12 AM
(That was an attempt to get back on topic if your wondering.)

Thank you, and yes, back on topic please, this isn't a "Rant Sparrow." if you want to make one of those, make it in the off topic section; do not continue it here please.

Phylast
03-24-2009, 02:17 AM
Starcraft had a co-op mod like that, I don't know how exactly is it handled but it's not really a new feature.

If someone can describe this more concisely, please do so.

---Starcraft had a mode where multiple members would control one color "team player" (lack of a better description) from separate computers. This "team player" would be exactly like any other starting color player, but would be controlled completely by each team member simultaneously. So, the "team player" would play-out the same as an ordinary single member controlled team, but with extra eyes watching along with the possibility of each member controlling everything (units, buildings, powers, etc.)
---This type of play is a lot of fun to play, but has a high propensity to hinder strategy progress of a team. For Starcraft in particular, this type of gameplay was great on high resource maps (Big Game Hunters or the "FASTEST" series). Here the starting team could expand and allow each member of the team entirely control a base expansion. Since every member may control every aspect of the team, they share the same resource pool once again creating a challenge to the team. One of the greatest aspects of this type of game play was in battles where unit controls were maximized allowing an unparalleled micromanagement.
---For an example to help illustrate imagine a 1v1 game where three people were controlling each side of the battle simultaneously. Obviously extremely difficult on it's own, but voice communication alleviates a lot of the problem. On the other side of token imagine the battle scheme of unit behavior and optimization.
---So, would something like this be possible in Dawn of Fantasy in the non-MMORTS side of the game?

Andy Joslin
03-24-2009, 09:41 AM
This may be included if it is easy to include.