PDA

View Full Version : "Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

kinyon
07-29-2009, 11:44 PM
(copy right David Annan July 30th 2009)
WARNING: This involves alot of text, in block format (my computer was being ridiculous and wasn't letting me properly organize the writings, so i had to make due)

I just discovered this game recently and due to the lack of any meaty information about it on the main website i migrated to these forums. I have been reading about this game for a few days now on here. Among the threads was one of "What new factions would you like to see?" It had a poll and one of the choices was the Undead. This got my brain working as i became very excited about this; I've always enjoyed playing the dark bad guys. i started to imagine how it could be made to work, and my ideas became refined to the point where i decided to bring them to your attention. Without further ado, i give you the Navrahiem!

Background/History (watered down version)
Aeons ago there lived a race of creatures related to Man. They called themselves the Navrahiem, which in their language means "rays of the dawn". They were tall and fair, with hair that seemed spun of gold. In the northern most parts of the world they lived, delving into hedonism. Life was not hard for them, they lived for hundreds of years and each individual of this race had an acute magical talent. But as time went on they became bitter towards the end of their carnal indulgences: Death. Eventually, this ancient race of man turned to the darkest magics, looking for any way to stop the inevitable. They discovered how to reanimate corpses and control them, as well as how to craft monstrosities out of mangled together corpses. But these reanimated things lacked the spark of life, completely mindless. As time went on and they began to despair, they discovered that they could prolong their own lives and gain substantial magical power (mana?) by devouring the souls of living beings. As they were the only sapient species at the time, they turned on each other and anarchy reigned in their once great society. Brother killed brother, and neighbor killed neighbor. Most fled to the wilderness, hunting their brethren and being hunted in turn. It seemed as if this were the sunset of their race, their cities abandoned and all bonds of fellowship forgotten. Fortunately, there then came a new species of sapient creatures, humanoid and naive to the world. The Navrahiem, scattered across the land and hunting each other jumped at this opportunity. They banded together and recreated their civilization, preparing to make war upon the new comers. They crafted armies of undead monstrosities to bring their prey to heel, and sent them forth to harvest the new species' souls. They did so extremely effectively. Every single last one of the new race was exterminated. The Navrahiem feasted upon their stolen souls, and lived for thousands upon thousands of years. They lost themselves in the pleasures of flesh until they realized that they had no more souls to eat. Wanting to avoid the chaos that had happened before, they chose to sleep until the land had sapient life once more. They banded together all their magics and froze their land, preserving them for eternity, if need be. Now they have been awakened to a world teeming with life, and souls.

Important Stuff
Overall feel
The Navrahiem will rely heavily on numbers, but to make them different from the Orcs they will also be very powerful when it comes to speed and magic.
Corpses and Souls
The Navrahiem would have two extra resources: Corpses and mana (or maybe a more apt term would be soul energy? but I'll just continue to refer to it as mana, for now). Corpses would be needed for undead units, and the number of corpses needed would vary. Mana would be needed for Navrahiem units, as well as spells used by Navrahiem units, and needed for the reanimation of the dead. There would be two ways to procure these resources; on the battle field by collecting corpses and souls (which is then turned into the mana) from fallen enemies and comrades or by building slave pens in your city. Slave pens would produce new subjects to be harvested, continually, but it would not be very fast, so raids and constant fighting would greatly benefit the Navrahiem.

Unit Creation and control
The way that Navrahiem would produce units is rather unique. Firstly, at their city they would need to train a Navrahiem sorcerer. Once that is done, the Navrahiem sorcerer can then produce a squad of undead of it's choosing. In example, a Navrahiem sorcerer could create a squad of 10 ghouls for 10 corpses by going to the nearest source of corpses and clicking the build squad icon. Some units will be created instantly, others will take time. If the controlling sorcerer were killed, then they're wards would either die or turn on each other. The undead would always be linked to their sorcerer, but do not need to be around them at all times (well, some of the lower units would maybe need to be close by to their master). However, when a squads commanding sorcerer is close by, they will gain significant buffs, so there will be encouragement to not just hide your sorcerers away.
All undead units will work in squads as opposed to singular units.

Architecture
Their architecture will be smooth with few protrusions. Most structures will will be pyramidal or involve spires and towers (some with bridges going between them, so that they look cooler :P) . Their buildings should have few windows or doors, but the ones they do have should be similar to Gothic Arches.

Unit Ideas
Slave: Worker unit. Very weak, possibly controlled by slave master. Only costs food. Can collect resources and construct buildings.
Slave Master: Can produce slaves and control them. If they die the slaves will turn on the player. Must be close by to the slaves. Weak attack, costs food and metal and money.
Navrahiem Sorcerer: Spellcaster unit, capable of some simple attack and curse spells. Extremely tough. Can produce Zombies and Ghouls. Is limited to two squads of units. This unit would only cost food, mana, and money i guess.
Zombie: Your base attack unit. Slow and weak attack but costs only 1 corpse and 1 mana per zombie. Each squad can have a substantial amount of members. Can be massed very easily ( so cannon fodder, basically). Very vulnerable to fire and archers kiting. Is created instantly at base or on the battlefield by sorcerer. Can eat enemy bodies to regain health.
Ghoul: Fast, okay attack and easily massed. Very weak against melee units, but good for hunting down archers and flanking enemy. Can hide and collect bodies off battlefield. Can also heal self by eating corpses. Can be produced on the battlefield or at base with a sorcerer. Costs 2 corpses and a little bit of mana. Has two arms and four legs. Moves by crawling, insect like.
Werewolves: Human bodies mixed with the parts of wolves. Essentially the Navrahiem form of cavalry. Extremly fast, loping and bounding run. Would have four arms (aswell as four powerful back legs) with metal claws grafted on as well as a wolf's head. Very powerful attack, cant take much punishment though. Would cost metal, a substantial amount of corpses and mana. can only be produced at base by sorcerer.
Manopede: A monstrosity made of several men. Has a crapload of legs and arms ( some limbs made longer by fusing them together), with metal claws and a metal carapace giving it an insectoid appearance, kind of like a centipede. It's head would be clobbered together from many people, so it would be large with more than one face, seemingly screaming in agony. Very tough, very powerful, very fast. Can tunnel underneath the ground, which can open up a beach head for allies in a castle siege. Costs alot of metal, corpses and mana. Can only be created at base. Can eat corpses. Limited to two per sorcerer.
Navrahiem High Sorcerer: Powerful spellcasting unit, tough, with strong attack spells and curses. Can teleport short distances and hide. Can produce all undead units. Limited to 5 squads of units. Would cost alot of everything.
Corpse wagon: Can be a drop off point for corpses collected on a battlefield, so that Sorcerers won't have to go back to base or find another fresh battle field to produce more minions and so that you gain a greater pool of mana.
Building Ideas
Tower of Sorcery: Your starting building. Can produce Slave Masters and Navrahiem Sorcerers. Would kind of look like a very tall tower with a wide base that would slope up into a spire.
Graveyard: Place where corpses are stored. Sorcerers in the vicinity of this would be able to use it's stores of corpses to produce minions. If destroyed the player would lose whatever amount of corpses it held.
Slave Pen: Produces the corpse and mana resources. Could look like a squat pyramid with window slit lining it, with arms periodically reaching out of these slits. Or could be as simple as a pit or fenced in area with throngs of people in it, living in their own filth.

In conclusion, i hope you enjoyed reading my ideas, and please feel free to give any suggestions or criticisms you have. Thanks a lot for your time (and sorry for the wall of text) !

szebus
07-30-2009, 01:19 AM
The idea is not bad, personally I like the story (there will be a movie with vampires rule the world and humans being hunted), beside this I got one word, necromancer.

P.S. You could have continued on "Official" What Other Factions Do You Want To See Thread (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288&page=50) instead opening a new one. TNX.

Darathor
07-30-2009, 10:46 AM
Seems like a cool idea, I like how you could get close to an enemy city with only a few units and slaughter their patrols and create an army to destroy their castle.
The background is cool and unique, but this would probably only make it into DoF2 or something because this would take some significant balance to make this race balanced. It seems like a race that can easily become overpowered or underpowered.

Puppeteer
07-30-2009, 01:27 PM
I would have preferred this to be in the 'What new factions would you like to see?' topic; it doesn't deserve its own topic. I'm debating merging it. Don't be surprised if that happens.

kinyon
07-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Go for it. I chose not to as that thread has over 50 pages and the last post in it was from a week or so ago.

Puppeteer
07-30-2009, 03:54 PM
Excellent. For future reference, instead of having numerous topics we tend to revive old ones. There's no shame in reviving long dead topics, we don't want information spread out unevenly in random topics. That's also why we have the search function.
But yes a nice coherent idea, I know that Reverie had planned for the Undead faction to be unique in their style, from all the different races (it was dropped due to the idea of the Undead recently being unveiled in Warcraft 3). Skim reading this reminded me, to ill effect, of the Angmar 'Thralls' in BFME:ROTWK, but thankfully this is not the case. We had ideas like this ourselves concerning sorcerers being the hub of the animated units' essence.

zach12wqasxz
07-31-2009, 06:18 PM
i like the idea,.....though it was a lot of reading..........it could still possibliy work....

Sharku
08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
sounds really good, just wondering why the units have to have so many limbs?

MrBlack103
08-03-2009, 10:27 PM
Sounds quite good. I really love the concept of "slaves". Perhaps you would periodically have to put down rebellions?

Darathor
08-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Rebellions in your castle would be kinda unique, and incredibly annoying and could screw you over if it happened while you were at war and enemy was closing in. Then, you have to fight two things at once. Though, you could make it to where they don't revolt if your at war or your enemy's army is close to you.

MrBlack103
08-04-2009, 09:22 PM
True, rebellions could get annoying after a while. Maybe the slaves would only rebel when an enemy hero is nearby (who encourages them to fight for their freedom), or something like that.

szebus
08-05-2009, 04:00 AM
Then I put m hero close to You're castle for my captured soldiers to rebel from 5 to 5 minutes. :D

The slave thing is good and it could be reglement by some things like food, even slaves have to eat, overall happiness of the city, the happier the citizens, the more likely they take good care of their slaves and smaller the chances for a slave rebellion.

MrBlack103
08-05-2009, 06:02 PM
...but the less hard they work:D We're talking about slaves, remember? Not to mention that they're being driven by a race of necromancers.

kinyon
08-05-2009, 11:16 PM
But yes a nice coherent idea, I know that Reverie had planned for the Undead faction to be unique in their style, from all the different races (it was dropped due to the idea of the Undead recently being unveiled in Warcraft 3). Skim reading this reminded me, to ill effect, of the Angmar 'Thralls' in BFME:ROTWK, but thankfully this is not the case. We had ideas like this ourselves concerning sorcerers being the hub of the animated units' essence.

I think that warcraft 3 is old enough now for a new spin on the undead to be safely done. Even if warcraft 3 were still quite fresh in people's minds, the undead faction in that game was quite bland, both in flavor and gameplay, so people would still enjoy playing a refreshing take on the undead, if not more so.

I haven't played ROTWK, i stopped playing the bfme series after i tried the vanilla bfme 2 (horrible game) so i don't know anything about these "Thralls".

What conclusions did you guys come to concerning the idea of using sorcerers as hubs?

kinyon
08-05-2009, 11:29 PM
sounds really good, just wondering why the units have to have so many limbs?

To give them a unique style, instead of the cliche armies of skeletons and gargoyles.

Towards the slave revolt idea, i think it could work if there were certain triggers, such as when a slave pen is destroyed (or maybe the destroyer of this building gets a bunch of slave units to use?) or perhaps there could be a skill thing that the slave pen could do, which would kill a large amount of slaves for increased amounts of souls and corpses, but could make them rebel (maybe there could be a little bar, where the more ****ed off the slaves are of you killing them in increased amounts the more the bar fills and when it is full BAM revolt! Could also be effected by the closeness of enemy troops, as was previously mentioned)
Overall, great idea.

hasdrubal
08-11-2009, 07:00 AM
please dont put dragons as a race. thats just silly. dragons living in castles farming and reading books

undead would be cool, with wraiths and vampires as special units

vikings/nords would be good but not very original

minotors are cool but would be a crap race

elders like the protoss in starcraft, it could be magic based

centaurs a parody of the riders of rohan

kinyon
08-16-2009, 08:04 PM
This sure is one lively thread!

Squiglypig
08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
I've got an idea for a new race. I'll post the details about them when I get my new computer.

zach12wqasxz
08-17-2009, 05:38 PM
I've got an idea for a new race. I'll post the details about them when I get my new computer.

pls postyour ideas as soon as possible

The Witch King of Angmar
08-18-2009, 12:42 PM
please dont put dragons as a race. thats just silly. dragons living in castles farming and reading books

I don't see what's wrong with dragons. The regular units would be drakes not dragons, anyway.

szebus
08-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Try to remember Lizards faction from Age of Wonders 2 and you get used to the dragons faction idea in DoF.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-18-2009, 05:42 PM
Exactly. I look forward to seeing dragons because they will be different. That's what makes them cool in my opinion.

Darkes
08-21-2009, 12:55 PM
Undeads! It's going to be cool siege a human fortress with Undeads who throws flying heads to the walls with a very scary catapults O.o xD

OrcSlayer
08-21-2009, 02:15 PM
like in lotr rotk where the orcs catapult human heads into minas tirith
Personly I belive undead should be swarms of undead canon fodder with a core of necromancers and liches

MrBlack103
08-22-2009, 02:20 AM
swarms of undead canon fodder
Well said. No formations, tactics, protection or whatever - Simply drown your enemy in a sea of zombies.

FlaschePommes
08-22-2009, 12:26 PM
Undead for me, too.
They should have corpses as resource instead of food, which would mainly gathered by killing enemies and looting their bodies.

OrcSlayer
08-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Or as undead don't need food you could use the food meter thing as corpses
offtopic: MrBlack i thought you were deleted

Esculas the Mighty
08-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Undead for me, too.
They should have corpses as resource instead of food, which would mainly gathered by killing enemies and looting their bodies.

but how will they be gathered?

when u get slaughtered your toast since u didn't collect enough corpses from your enemy's army

FlaschePommes
08-23-2009, 06:00 AM
That would make the difference between the undead and other races. Instead of not fighting to get a good economy you HAVE to fight for concentrating on economy. That would make the undead powerful and difficult to play but even more difficult to balance.

There should maybe be units which dont need corpses/food to create but are less effective. Or they should be able to loot cemeteries or battlefields of other players who dont need the bodies so the undead player doesnt always got to fight to get some resources.

Maybe this is impossible to balance properly, but it would be great if it could be done imo.

sneaky_squirrel
08-23-2009, 10:47 AM
I know it is fantasy, but I find it hard for there to be a faction of undead.

I mean, undead is cool don't take me wrong. Zombies, bigger zombies made out of tons of smaller zombies, but to actually have fortresses and be as civilized to make a faction, that's what gets to me.

Dragons sound the same for me, but I am dying to see how that's gonna turn out (With the drakes and stuff).

ShadowyMoon
08-23-2009, 11:44 AM
Dragons and Undead, but mostly Dragons.

FlaschePommes
08-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I mean, undead is cool don't take me wrong. Zombies, bigger zombies made out of tons of smaller zombies, but to actually have fortresses and be as civilized to make a faction, that's what gets to me.

I see your point, but remember that there could be a "mastermind" behind these zombies unlike the night of the living dead undead. They dont need a culture or civilization, the chief-necromancer just orders them what to do, for example build/maintain walls.

Puppeteer
08-23-2009, 04:38 PM
I see your point, but remember that there could be a "mastermind" behind these zombies unlike the night of the living dead undead. They dont need a culture or civilization, the chief-necromancer just orders them what to do, for example build/maintain walls.

Exactly. The intelligence, power and freedom of will relies on central command. The drones have instinct and imbued orders. A dictatorial meritocracy, I suppose. I could see the most powerful rulers of the Undead not forming a traditional faction, under one banner. They may be a race, but I'd like to think that each necromancer/leader bows only to themselves, thus leading to civil wars and internal rife. Otherwise, combined they could completely rule (similar to Orks in Warhammer 40K, I think (never played it)).

sneaky_squirrel
08-23-2009, 04:55 PM
So it would be a faction with several necromancers and their minions.

Makes sense XD.

Dimez
08-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah it does make sense :P

Ryan Zelazny
08-24-2009, 09:46 PM
Not all undead are mindless zombies who's only occuring thought is the next living creature with a brain to eat. There are many intelligent undead we could use as "leaders" in the society. Liches, usually powerful sorcerors who's lust for power and knowledge lead them to turn themselves into an undead being to be immortal. Vampires, what some may call an evolution to the average human, immortal, super strong and generally very smart. Those are just 2 examples, there are a few others which are fairly well known, but with fantasy you can conveniently make up your own type of creature.

You could always go the Warcraft route and have them being masterminded by demons as well...

Athos
08-25-2009, 07:43 AM
Most certainly dragons. Flametongue FTW! :D

LordChaoticus
08-25-2009, 07:49 AM
The more variety the better; but I voted for Vikings as I'm a fan of the Norse. However, a similar race like the Dwarfs could work out well.

But even that, most other suggestions sound great too. I can imagine a Necropolis being ruled by a Liche and the normal houses being catacombs could bring out the dark side of some players too. I assume the brutish Orcs have the "evil" bit more based on brutality rather than subtlety and magick.

Athos
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
To me, Undead would serve as a replacement for orcs: limitless numbers, not too bright, but terrifying nonetheless. However, if they're more wraithlike (a la Nazgul) I can see how subtlety would work better into their faction.

On the other hand, if dragons had a faction (I still can't get over the awesomeness of Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, and Nasir in FE10), I would think that they would be one of the worst factions in the early game, with insanely expensive troops and other such disadvantages, becoming nigh invincible in late-game due to resource management. Then again, if they were the traditional "hoard the gold and eat maidens" type, they would have much better access to resources for hiring troops.

Kire
08-25-2009, 09:57 AM
Not all undead are mindless zombies who's only occuring thought is the next living creature with a brain to eat. There are many intelligent undead we could use as "leaders" in the society. Liches, usually powerful sorcerors who's lust for power and knowledge lead them to turn themselves into an undead being to be immortal. Vampires, what some may call an evolution to the average human, immortal, super strong and generally very smart. Those are just 2 examples, there are a few others which are fairly well known, but with fantasy you can conveniently make up your own type of creature.

You could always go the Warcraft route and have them being masterminded by demons as well...

So as i read here undeads would be just dead form of humans or also other races?

The Witch King of Angmar
08-25-2009, 11:34 AM
On the other hand, if dragons had a faction (I still can't get over the awesomeness of Dheginsea, Kurthnaga, and Nasir in FE10), I would think that they would be one of the worst factions in the early game, with insanely expensive troops and other such disadvantages, becoming nigh invincible in late-game due to resource management. Then again, if they were the traditional "hoard the gold and eat maidens" type, they would have much better access to resources for hiring troops.

I don't necessarily think that their infantry type units would be that expensive, I think mid to late game would rather be expensive to get the elite type units instead of basic foot-soldiers. Their economy, I think, would take longer to pick up to support late game armies.

Puppeteer
08-25-2009, 04:45 PM
So as i read here undeads would be just dead form of humans or also other races?

Certainly humanoid, but other than that their carcasses could resemble any race. Time degenerates and erases their former identities.

Athos
08-25-2009, 07:42 PM
'course, I love what Fire Emblem did with those guys too... like the cute little guy below me. :rolleyes:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/fireemblem/images/d/d5/Zombie-dragon.gif

kinyon
09-01-2009, 02:19 AM
I know it is fantasy, but I find it hard for there to be a faction of undead.

Dragons sound the same for me, but I am dying to see how that's gonna turn out (With the drakes and stuff).

Have a race of necromancers controlling the undead (ala the navraheim?) who are the civilized ones. Just an idea.

Athos
09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Has anyone roundabout these parts read Garth Nix's Abhorsen series? I like what they did with the undead... there were the Greater Dead, who were more powerful and better thinkers, then there were the Lesser Dead, your standard zombies. The Greater Dead generally had more intelligence, and usually commanded legions of lesser dead. Then, of course, was the Void where the spirits of the Undead stayed. They could return into the world until they had gone through the last of the Seven Gates of Death... *goes overboard with a splash due to over-talking*

Puppeteer
09-02-2009, 08:19 AM
Damn I hated those books.

Darathor
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
I love those books! The idea to base the undead off of those books, though. It would be unique, but might be a little confusing for me at least to understand how that would work.

wills370
09-02-2009, 04:24 PM
Has anyone roundabout these parts read Garth Nix's Abhorsen series? I like what they did with the undead... there were the Greater Dead, who were more powerful and better thinkers, then there were the Lesser Dead, your standard zombies. The Greater Dead generally had more intelligence, and usually commanded legions of lesser dead. Then, of course, was the Void where the spirits of the Undead stayed. They could return into the world until they had gone through the last of the Seven Gates of Death... *goes overboard with a splash due to over-talking*

That would be amazing i love thoose books aswell. although that would be hard to implement being as they wouldent have any buildings and the deads are raised from thoose already fallen. The only way round it i could see is coupling it with the idea of chaos space marines where by you still need buildings aswell although i like the dumb zombie and the greater zombie and the areas of influence where by the more affective the unit is the closer it is to the given necromancer. (like hedge or chloor of the mask.). would be a intrseting expansion if you brung in a paladin order to fight theese made up of all races. could have some who carry the bells aswell etc :P lol ooo im thinking to much into this.

Artilla
09-03-2009, 05:17 AM
my choice will be vikings..

Second choice which is not on the list.. will be goblins

Darathor
09-03-2009, 06:40 AM
Goblins are already in the orc faction. I guess they are too weak to be a faction or are the orcs' slaves.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
09-03-2009, 10:57 AM
I'd personally like to see a Creature race some sort of big brutish creatures aside from the orcs using pure numbers and creatures. like a beast master faction or something

sneaky_squirrel
09-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Long time no see Sauron ;p.

It shouldn't be hard for modders to make a custom beast race/units once the game is released ;p.

Athos
09-03-2009, 07:35 PM
@ Puppeteer: Why don't you like those books?

@ wills: Yeah, I had a similar idea. Basically, most of the Undead's heroes would be necromancers or Greater Dead. The necromancers would have powers relating to the bells... Ranna being the weakest, and Astarael the most powerful (although it may kill the caster?). But, of course, this is supposed to be original, so I can see problems using the bells. :p However, I would like to see a system like the one they had in the books...

wills370
09-04-2009, 03:28 AM
@ Puppeteer: Why don't you like those books?

@ wills: Yeah, I had a similar idea. Basically, most of the Undead's heroes would be necromancers or Greater Dead. The necromancers would have powers relating to the bells... Ranna being the weakest, and Astarael the most powerful (although it may kill the caster?). But, of course, this is supposed to be original, so I can see problems using the bells. :p However, I would like to see a system like the one they had in the books...

Yeah thats true maybe they could use skulls of power or free magic crystals. That should take away some of the copyright issues lol :P

Puppeteer
09-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Athos I didn't like how it was written, and the plot didn't grab me.
Why bind the power to material objects? Why can't the strength of the necromancer determine their power alone?

OrcSlayer
09-05-2009, 02:35 AM
Goblins are already in the orc faction. I guess they are too weak to be a faction or are the orcs' slaves.

Mabye they are Orc runts or a sub-spieces of orc

Athos
09-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Athos I didn't like how it was written, and the plot didn't grab me.
Why bind the power to material objects? Why can't the strength of the necromancer determine their power alone?

Ah, I see your point. At some points, the books seemed to drag... but once I got past that, they were good.

Hmmmm... you raise a valid point, but I kind of like the idea of having their power source be some form of crystal. Perhaps they create the crystals to animate the Undead, and when the crystals are destroyed, the driving force that gives false life is extinguished in said troops? Perhaps some Undead could be linked to multiple crystals to increase their power, and when some (not all) of the crystals are destroyed they return to normal power...

wills370
09-07-2009, 04:33 AM
Ah, I see your point. At some points, the books seemed to drag... but once I got past that, they were good.

Hmmmm... you raise a valid point, but I kind of like the idea of having their power source be some form of crystal. Perhaps they create the crystals to animate the Undead, and when the crystals are destroyed, the driving force that gives false life is extinguished in said troops? Perhaps some Undead could be linked to multiple crystals to increase their power, and when some (not all) of the crystals are destroyed they return to normal power...

Hmm intresting idea. Could be the crystals act as a pop limit. Otherwise how else would you control the number of dead. As they require no food etc. There is no theoretical reason why there should be a pop limit for them. unless it is a expendable life force that animates them.

Ironic
09-25-2009, 08:22 PM
id love to see dragons as a race
not just for the OMG DRAGONZ!!!111oneoneone factor but also because not many games shy away from showing a completely non-humanoid race, and i think it could give a really unique feel to the game

plus they breath fire ffs der

sneaky_squirrel
09-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Dragons would have drakes though, humanoid dragons.

JDmino
09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
I would so want Dwarves! I reckon they are the best. If they were based on the Dwarves made by JRR Tolkien, that would be mad.

Puppeteer
09-26-2009, 04:24 AM
plus they breath fire ffs der
A few breathed fire in the original design. As only did a few fly.

wills370
09-27-2009, 12:20 PM
I would so want Dwarves! I reckon they are the best. If they were based on the Dwarves made by JRR Tolkien, that would be mad.

Hmm intresting idea. But still i wouldent want them all to look like men (even the women). it is i beleive the next logical truth in races following orc elves and humans. Although there gameplay would be very diffrent. They could even take over the humans as the best builders. One aspect however would be balance of units. As dwarves will not possibly have the range of units. (being either crossbow,axe,shield or sword). so possibly bring in other classes of dwarves.

Athos
09-27-2009, 05:54 PM
If you're making dwarves, I'd actually like to see a bit of a break from the traditional bearded, axe-wielding berserk shorties. Like dwarves who specialize in stealth, and although weak for their stature, they've survived for many years... or dwarves from the Norse myths, who are master smiths but cowards at heart.

Espadachim
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
If you're making dwarves, I'd actually like to see a bit of a break from the traditional bearded, axe-wielding berserk shorties. Like dwarves who specialize in stealth, and although weak for their stature, they've survived for many years... or dwarves from the Norse myths, who are master smiths but cowards at heart.

But they need to attack somehow...

wills370
09-28-2009, 03:21 AM
But they need to attack somehow...

They could use traps and watch from afar.

either that or draw straws and the loser gets to be the traditional axe weilding berserker :D

Puppeteer
09-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Like dwarves who specialize in stealth, and although weak for their stature, they've survived for many years... who are master smiths but cowards at heart.

This sounds like the 'Petty-dwarfs', from Tolkein's Silmarillion and Children of Hurin.

Henry Martin
09-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Well maybe the dwarves could focus more on technology. Well they still have armour and axes they could have more advanced siege equipment, instead of bow and arrows or crossbows, they have muskets (while stronger, less accurate).

Just a thought that popped in my head.

Kire
09-28-2009, 11:33 AM
they have muskets (while stronger, less accurate).

How can be a gun less accurate =P. Well also depends on gun/musket..... (maybe more accurate on shorter range than bows and on longer opposite-if the bowman is skilled ofc and depends also on bow).
But as far as guns go they are sometimes longer to reload (old ones) and they cant fire in a arch so can be only used in certain circumstances (cant shot enemies behind wall for example).

Presentation:
(path of the projectile)
guns: ___

bows: _--_

Got it =P?
Or just think of Warrior Kings game =P

Josh Warner
09-28-2009, 12:13 PM
How can be a gun less accurate =P. Well also depends on gun/musket..... (maybe more accurate on shorter range than bows and on longer opposite-if the bowman is skilled ofc and depends also on bow).
But as far as guns go they are sometimes longer to reload (old ones) and they cant fire in a arch so can be only used in certain circumstances (cant shot enemies behind wall for example).

Presentation:
(path of the projectile)
guns: ___

bows: _--_

Got it =P?
Or just think of Warrior Kings game =P

Uh, if you're talking about medieval era gun powder weapons than no, a straight path didn't exist. Without rifled barrels and modern ammunition they were closer to shotguns than rifles. Inaccurate as sin and very slow to reload. Unless you were shooting at someone wearing partial/full plate the gun was pretty inefficient at that time period.

I doubt they'd be given guns that are typically not seen for 3-5 hundred years in our timeline. I suppose it's possible, but ehh..

Henry Martin
09-28-2009, 12:52 PM
Uh, if you're talking about medieval era gun powder weapons than no, a straight path didn't exist. Without rifled barrels and modern ammunition they were closer to shotguns than rifles. Inaccurate as sin and very slow to reload. Unless you were shooting at someone wearing partial/full plate the gun was pretty inefficient at that time period.

I doubt they'd be given guns that are typically not seen for 3-5 hundred years in our timeline. I suppose it's possible, but ehh..

Well I was pointing out guns that were more advanced than the hand cannons and more like matchlock muskets. I suggested this as this is a fantasy game and also for game play (this is a "Fantasy" so just as their is magic, guns could exist too). The arrow is accurate and fast loading, the gun is less accurate and slower loading, but way more powerful. Also these guns where good in large scale use than small scale.

JDmino
09-28-2009, 03:24 PM
I do not understand, why someone would vote for dragons. All the noob players would pick them because they are "c001z0rz", and because they would have such strong units it would be quite annoying most of the time.

Dwarves could be a race as they could have a strong closehand combat advantage while they have almost none with range. And since horses hated the mountains, they could have no cavalry... or ride llamas :p.

Darathor
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Or they could ride some giant goats, rams, sheep, pygmy elephants, or midget horses.

But people vote for dragons because it is a faction that has never really been done before and because it would be cool to have and play as. Just because bad people play a race doesn't mean that you shouldn't vote for it. I think it's they would be kind of cool to have.

Puppeteer
09-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Well I was pointing out guns that were more advanced than the hand cannons and more like matchlock muskets. I suggested this as this is a fantasy game and also for game play (this is a "Fantasy" so just as their is magic, guns could exist too). The arrow is accurate and fast loading, the gun is less accurate and slower loading, but way more powerful. Also these guns where good in large scale use than small scale.

Actually, to my knowledge bows (longbows, in any case) had a bigger range, were more accurate, had a faster reload and caused more damage. The reasons why the musket was adopted by the British Empire's soldiers because it took a long time to train someone to use the longbow, and muskets were easier to manufacture; (good) bows are more than just a piece of wood!
But it is very true that muskets are useful large scale, especially in a line formation, especially with fixed bayonets... but I digress.

Henry Martin
09-28-2009, 04:35 PM
Actually, to my knowledge bows (longbows, in any case) had a bigger range, were more accurate, had a faster reload and caused more damage. The reasons why the musket was adopted by the British Empire's soldiers because it took a long time to train someone to use the longbow, and muskets were easier to manufacture; (good) bows are more than just a piece of wood!
But it is very true that muskets are useful large scale, especially in a line formation, especially with fixed bayonets... but I digress.

yes true, musket where adopted fast because of the short training, but no armor could stop, just reading about musket amunition cause more damage than any bow (leaving large holes and breaking bones), also scar tactics.
I'm downing bow (hope I don't get an arrow in the head lol).

Henry Martin
09-28-2009, 04:38 PM
I don't mind any of the race suggested except the undead. just doesn't to me seem to be a good race to add. The dragons seem more of a support race rather than a actual faction.

wills370
09-30-2009, 03:15 AM
I don't mind any of the race suggested except the undead. just doesn't to me seem to be a good race to add. The dragons seem more of a support race rather than a actual faction.

I beleive dragons are combined with another race half dragons from the content they released that act llike the all purpose and peasantry.
Would be nice to have them im not sure they would be as full a race as say the elves,orcs but i beleive if developed well cold achieve the desired standered. TYhe storyline/dragon histories would need alot of work. So that they didnt become a hollow race with no real history.

Henry Martin
09-30-2009, 11:16 PM
I beleive dragons are combined with another race half dragons from the content they released that act llike the all purpose and peasantry.
Would be nice to have them im not sure they would be as full a race as say the elves,orcs but i beleive if developed well cold achieve the desired standered. TYhe storyline/dragon histories would need alot of work. So that they didnt become a hollow race with no real history.

Yeah I guess, but to me dragons still seem like they would be a better support race. From the poll others don't seem to think so.

sneaky_squirrel
09-30-2009, 11:26 PM
The dragons are mainly drakes (Humanoid dragons), plus the big bad boys themselves.

They seem like a pretty acceptable race.

wills370
10-01-2009, 12:44 AM
The dragons are mainly drakes (Humanoid dragons), plus the big bad boys themselves.

They seem like a pretty acceptable race.

Yeah it was one of the big attractions of this game when it first started out. I am intrested on there take of the larger dragons however from what has been mentioned etc. :)
Should be cool.

Winterwolf00
10-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Undead all the way for me. I like the idea of being bad. Idk why everyone is obsessed with dragons as its own faction. It would be too unbalanced. But I WOULD like a skeletal dragon in my undead army :D

wills370
10-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Undead all the way for me. I like the idea of being bad. Idk why everyone is obsessed with dragons as its own faction. It would be too unbalanced. But I WOULD like a skeletal dragon in my undead army :D

Hmm undead would be a later game edition i beleive possibly a dark expansion? where they could introduce other darker races like scaleskins or dark elves. Would be nice thing to have :)

Puppeteer
10-03-2009, 03:36 AM
A skeletal dragon... yes, yes that sounds good. Perhaps a sorcerer could have a 'Render Undead' spell, whereby a single unit/battalion has its body distorted (in the case of Dragons stripped to the bone) and comes under the Undead player's influence for a short period of time. The mana cost of the sorcerer depends on the target unit.

Darathor
10-03-2009, 09:17 AM
You can't say a race will be unbalanced when all we have seen of the game are screenshots. Even if we saw a few videos of developers playing against each other, it still would be tough to tell whether or not a race is much more powerful.

Miclee
07-11-2010, 01:04 PM
I'd like some centaurs, really.

WilsonMG
07-11-2010, 01:24 PM
In this order for me...

Dwarves (for well-rounded variety, would never play it), Dark Elves, wolf/dog race, feline race, lizard/amphibian race (as close to dragons as you'll ever get from me).

I don't like it when games include dragons or any flavor of such as a faction or playable race. For one, because every swinging ---- would want to play them, and they'd be difficult to properly balance.

Yami-Yagari
07-11-2010, 01:33 PM
I'd like some centaurs, really.

Well, technically centaurs wouldn't be an optimal race, seeing as their military would be entirely cavalry based. But a centaur cavalry unit for elves would be nice.

In this order for me...

Dwarves (for well-rounded variety, would never play it), Dark Elves, wolf/dog race, feline race, lizard/amphibian race (as close to dragons as you'll ever get from me).

I don't like it when games include dragons or any flavor of such as a faction or playable race. For one, because every swinging ---- would want to play them, and they'd be difficult to properly balance.

Yeah, dragons wouldn't make the most balanced race. The moment dragons become a playable race, people will abandon their old faction for dragons.
What i would like to see instead of a just minotaur faction, is a faction with multiple man/animal races, like werewolves, minotaurs, satyr sorcerers and maybe centaurs. Would be a fun faction to play

Miclee
07-11-2010, 01:47 PM
Hm, yes. I guess the centaurs would work as an elven unit.

Henry Martin
07-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah most of these races feel more like supporting or mercenaries units rather then a full faction. Like the minatours, undead and the dragons feel more like they would be mercenaries.

I know that the dwarves might be released as a faction, but I'm personally going to make a mod for the dwarves and possible a single player campaign for them. Mostly because I like single player campaigns like starcrafts for RTS games.

Jean=A=Luc
07-11-2010, 03:34 PM
Dragons are overrated.

Yami-Yagari
07-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Dragons are overrated.

Not necessarily. I mean dragons have near-inprenetable scales, fire breath and they can fly, which makes archers the only effective unit against them.

Khan kreiger
07-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Not necessarily. I mean dragons have near-inprenetable scales, fire breath and they can fly, which makes archers the only effective unit against them.

exactly...dragons are overrated. Im feeling for undead warriors that would be sick and their food supply would be villigars wondering around:p

Yami-Yagari
07-12-2010, 01:21 AM
exactly...dragons are overrated. Im feeling for undead warriors that would be sick and their food supply would be villigars wondering around:p

But undead have been used in almost every single fantasy RTS. Its basicly your same old skeletal or zombie legions with death knight cavalry and necromancers.

Miclee
07-12-2010, 09:32 AM
The more I think about it, the less the undead make sense. How exactly do you manage a city of people with no brains?

Vikings/Nords would be interesting, as well.

Negthareas
07-12-2010, 11:16 AM
Basically - Dragons are misunderstood. From what the Devs had said, the real "dragon" units will be hard to get, most dragon-race units being humanoidal lizards or somehting along that line.

For everything else, I have little comments - they have already been discussed at great length.

Henry Martin
07-12-2010, 12:23 PM
For everything else, I have little comments - they have already been discussed at great length.

ahh, this is a forum. You have to keep it going no matter what.:)

Kire
07-12-2010, 03:12 PM
The more I think about it, the less the undead make sense. How exactly do you manage a city of people with no brains?

Zombies and ghouls dont have brains ..... But other undead creatures have them and the most powerful ones are controlling Z and G like a slave workers.

Yami-Yagari
07-12-2010, 03:38 PM
Zombies and ghouls dont have brains ..... But other undead creatures have them and the most powerful ones are controlling Z and G like a slave workers.

Actually, your wrong. Skeletons don't have brains either.

blackfang
07-25-2010, 01:20 PM
What we need is a undead race so overpowered that when the scour the battlegrounds the tide will be turned by the unimaginable numbers of undeads rising within the human/orc/elven armies. Make undeads almight only for a few people (me and puppeter)

TheHoboGod
07-26-2010, 09:16 AM
I was stuck between dwarves and vikings, but vikings won for me.

Some possible battle cries:

"I'LL SEE YOU IN VALHALLA!"

"YOU ARE NO MAN!"

"ODIN BE WITH US!"

nickson104
07-26-2010, 11:56 AM
What we need is a undead race so overpowered that when the scour the battlegrounds the tide will be turned by the unimaginable numbers of undeads rising within the human/orc/elven armies. Make undeads almight only for a few people (me and puppeter)

Or put them in as NPC armies only, quests and random events? I would love to get randomly attacked by a horde of undead ravaging the land in a never-ending hunger for destruction

EmpressHebihime
07-26-2010, 06:12 PM
The army could only be more awesome if it had diseased abominations and a few were on fire. ( And possibly if they would ravage you until you near extinction, but that would just make you die too soon.)

And I can't see why you would want dragons as a factions... It's just too big! Screw the dragons, go Nordic berserk people! Go Valhalla!

blackfang
07-28-2010, 05:26 AM
okay then, what we really need is a race of giant mole rats that can rival dwarfs in underground technology and that can fight with their shovels. Also as you know they are almost blind so let the player who plays them play with terrible graphics (lowest grapichs or even lower just for them) also make them see double, just as a handicap as the mole rats are blind:rolleyes:

EmpressHebihime
07-28-2010, 03:52 PM
okay then, what we really need is a race of giant mole rats that can rival dwarfs in underground technology and that can fight with their shovels. Also as you know they are almost blind so let the player who plays them play with terrible graphics (lowest grapichs or even lower just for them) also make them see double, just as a handicap as the mole rats are blind:rolleyes:

I could live with that... As long as you give me flaming shovels with lightning that can smash open walls it's cool. xD

blackfang
07-28-2010, 04:35 PM
I could live with that... As long as you give me flaming shovels with lightning that can smash open walls it's cool. xD

I am afraid you would decimate your own army with that, the reason for being equipped with shovels is that they hit with the flat area... Most of the time, so they can survive a team hit. Eventually once enough teammates are hit they will hit the enemy:p

EmpressHebihime
07-29-2010, 03:03 PM
Aaaaw no fun. :(

blackfang
07-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Altough if you fill the shovels with plastic explosives then perhaps a team kill could be enough to kill the enemies (bones and bits of shovels fly everywhere, just like a spike grenade):D :D

Zenidiller
01-31-2011, 10:04 AM
DWARVES! would make an awesome addition to the races already in the game. I would totally be them if I could.

Twitchxk90
02-01-2011, 01:27 AM
Vampires...would add a strange way of playing.

Dawndelver
02-01-2011, 02:32 AM
dragons all the way, but i think dark elves sounds interesting :D

Raulaun
02-01-2011, 03:41 AM
Put em all in! Except minotaurs, dont seem like the type to build fortresses. Just do Dwarves -> Dragons -> Dark Elves -> Etc in succeeding xpacs.

boondock5aint
02-01-2011, 10:19 AM
Vikings would be the first on that list id love to see simply to set apart from other fantasy genres before adding the predictable races in like undead... dwarves....elves with different skin colour omg! etc.

Dragons is a nice one and also less immediately predictable (:)) as long as you only get full blown dragons as end units, having whelps and dragon-kin like units leading up to it.

Really dont like the Minotaur idea as a full race, maybe a few sub units of a "cult of the damned" styled setup with lots of wonderful dark and evil creature types in it.

Dolas
02-01-2011, 10:28 AM
I chose for undead...but my second choice would be dragons. But like someone who mentioned before me they would have to lead up to dragons...having dragon-kin and whelps beforehand.

Wolverine80
02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
Hello im new in the forum,Im Alessio from italy.I think it would be interesting in future add a new race into the game.I suggest and i have in mind a new one.It could be a race of beasts with a face and body of a Lynx.They lives in savannah,plains and mountains,and they like hunt and eat deers and wild pig,they eat vegetables too.They can mount zebra as their main mounted unit.Plus they can have an infantry unit who launch harpoons,and an other ordinary one with swords. Let me know what do you think about,cy a soon :)

Stormeh
02-03-2011, 12:38 AM
I opted for the Norse, the different style of wooden architecture and the Viking feel to them I think would be an awesome addition. There is usually one faction of humans that are grittier and a bit more rugged than the traditional version included in most games, I think the drunk bearded Norse raiders would fill that roll quite nicely.

Hans
02-03-2011, 04:55 AM
Hello im new in the forum,Im Alessio from italy.I think it would be interesting in future add a new race into the game.I suggest and i have in mind a new one.It could be a race of beasts with a face and body of a Lynx.They lives in savannah,plains and mountains,and they like hunt and eat deers and wild pig,they eat vegetables too.They can mount zebra as their main mounted unit.Plus they can have an infantry unit who launch harpoons,and an other ordinary one with swords. Let me know what do you think about,cy a soon :)

Mounted Zebra Units lol ? FAIL, the rest called like the orcs ;)

Wolverine80
02-03-2011, 10:41 AM
Would be a nice race added...but there are many games with nords,so i think for this game we need more original race.

Wolverine80
02-03-2011, 10:42 AM
Mounted Zebra Units lol ? FAIL, the rest called like the orcs ;)
lol then put my units for orcs mercenaries :)

Wolverine80
02-03-2011, 10:45 AM
What about put a demon race or something like that?by the way dwarves are winning lol

nauro
02-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Maybe have sub races for the ones you have already. Break elves off into High Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves. Have humans have a "good" race and a "bad" race. Then you could also have like Half Elves. Orcs you could break off into say Goblins, Orcs, Trolls.

Bamboocha
02-03-2011, 02:06 PM
the choice for me was between Dwarfes, and Vikings/nords. it was 50/50, and i just flipped coin. my vote went to Dwarfes, but still, would love both of them!

~ Greetings from Norway, the country of Vikings/Nords and Dwarfes :p

lamaking65
02-03-2011, 05:32 PM
this game seems to hav pretty much the basic races for eastern fantasy games i would assume dwarves would be next but idk how dragons minotaurs can build or defend castle. also think vikings would be in human section since their....human

Alaric
02-03-2011, 05:43 PM
A Viking faction would be awesome!

OniKenji
02-03-2011, 07:21 PM
the Dragons all the way

Paffp
02-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Dwarfs, can be a very usefull ally. for trading ect. they have more riches, the men/elf have more food. the dwarf mines can be used as a super high way, or battle through hordes of angry dwarfs with there battle axes. So dwarfs all the way, Id prefer to be a dwarf my self. Minecraft dwarf ftw!!!

Pilus
02-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I think it could be interesting to see a different kind of humans, e.g. some with a culture / structure inspired by the Romans or Greeks.

Wolverine80
02-05-2011, 07:50 PM
Maybe an other human race,as saracens...native.But maybe that will be repetitive cause there are many yet games with different humans races.Dwarves,dragons and demons would be fun....

doomkid98
02-06-2011, 08:08 AM
i think undead would be a great addition and bring a certain twist too

Hawk
02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Undead all the way

Sleepwalker
02-07-2011, 01:15 PM
Put em all in! Except minotaurs, dont seem like the type to build fortresses. Just do Dwarves -> Dragons -> Dark Elves -> Etc in succeeding xpacs.

Yah - I agree......Dwarven structures would be cool (built into mountains etc)

Kultyz
02-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Argh we can only vote one!

I voted Undeads (best race ever imo :P)

Altho i would also like the Dwarven armies to be present.

Saitexx
02-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Not only because i think that are awesome, but also because ( I know the current factions should not be placed into good or evil ) But since Elvs and humas are abit more "Good" and not monsters, i think we need another monster race :)

MikeDitka
02-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Dragons or Minotars

MikeDitka
02-12-2011, 04:33 PM
or Rat-Men

PeekABunny
02-12-2011, 06:48 PM
Undead and Dragons would be awesome.

Gwydion
02-15-2011, 09:02 PM
Pretty much the Warhammer chaos faction I would love to see brought to this game....

Sum up the race.... Godlike (twice the seize, faster reflexes, smarter, stronger, all around better, gifted by dark gods, enlist demons as special units) humans empowered by dark gods.

Here is the perfect reason.

Almost every evil race in EVERY GAME is the typical "Giant horde but they suck so its ok to have 1 good guy per 5 bad guys"

That crap blows. I like playing the bad guy and BEING BADASS not a PILE OF BONES that SUCK! Or an Ork that can't figure out which end of a club hes supposed to hit people with.

Give us an ELITE faction like the elves.... But Spiky Dark Knight Warriors from hell oozing badass-adry all round.

Imo Make that viking faction you have up there in the poll EVIL even if you don't wanan be cool like everyone else and rip off warhammer :D

GPS51
02-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Lol i keep telling people that there are no "bad" and "good" factions. All races have their own problems etc.

Gwydion
02-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Scarface said it best..... We ALL need someone to point the finger at a go "There! That's the bad guy!" and I will GLADLY be that guy!

Signed!

FortyLuck
02-16-2011, 06:57 AM
itl's not important how race named. i want to have some races with strong different tactics. i think, that will be interesting.

darthterror
02-16-2011, 04:57 PM
come on dwarves !!!!

Kaos90
02-16-2011, 11:22 PM
The only viable races I see are dwarves and undead. But I would rather play as undead.

Dunbarclas
02-19-2011, 11:52 PM
Dwarfes FTW

Lord Shadow
02-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Dark Elves!!

P_J_B
02-20-2011, 12:17 AM
undead

they were awesome in warcraft

Lord Revan
02-20-2011, 01:48 AM
I think gnomes. For completeness sets as races are necessary gnomes, Elves, orks, people.To indulge as orks. Game on Fentezi reminds very much to "the Lord of rings" though game and a film can't be similar))), on an emergency measure there are the games similar on structure as "the Lord of rings" to begin with to place gnomes, and other races alr.

Smegafier
02-20-2011, 03:30 PM
From that poll I choose dwarves. But I would like to see centaurs as a race, they fit in perfectly in a fantasy game and are quite uncommon in them.

P_J_B
02-20-2011, 10:52 PM
what about demons?
their units would not follow a single race but rather be a sort of amalgamation of hundreds of different demon species from all over the universe. burning legion style.

cableslice
02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
The pure intelligent evil of a Dark Elf race would make it a lot of fun to play.

amidamaru34
02-22-2011, 12:50 PM
i really love Dragons

They are very cool.

:D

snpiccolo
02-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Viking for sure! who the hell clicked dwarf... i mean comon man!! u wanna play a midget in a game?!?! listen this isnt lord of the rings, dwarfs get owned on the battlefields...

Guibaz
02-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Dwarf and their fortress, comprising a vast network of tunnels, chambers, mines and huge halls in the deepest earth.
=)

nraheim6554mac
02-24-2011, 03:58 PM
Dragons would be an awesome idea for a new faction. Imagine an army of dragons invading an Elven Turtle Ship :D.

Lord Marcus
02-24-2011, 05:13 PM
it be so awsome to have a race of dragonkin lol i would play them lol

Dawiichan
02-24-2011, 08:20 PM
I would really enjoy Dwarves. While I'm not a big fan of them, I bet they would be the best defensive troops/castle in game so I wouldn't mind those.

Adamantite40
02-24-2011, 08:24 PM
honestly, i winged race could be amazing when it comes to originality. All the rts' that i have played have had ground-forced creatures... dwarves, orcs, humans, elves, none of it is new. Neither is dragons for that matter, but this game could possibly be one of the first to create dragons as a playable race rather then slaves to a faction or some horribly powerful npc that requires an army to kill.

In another direction, how bout something totally new? like, a cross of dragons, demons, and harpies? A scaled human, large dragon's wings and the traditions and heirarchy of harpies. The older they are, the darker their color, from white as a newborn, all through the colors to black as the oldest and most wise. They could live in nests of a sort, held together by magical energies, so they look weak and flimsy but are actually just as strong as any other building.

The armies could be mostly airborn. Weaker, because they have to sacrifice the heavey armors and body structure of the ground crawlers to fly, but nothing to mistaken as easy prey. they dont have very strong walls either, but rather force armies to climb trees or large rocks in order to reach their buildings. as a defence, rather than stationary seige weapons, they could be givin a knack for archery and the ability to create movement imapairing objects, such as gravel or roots that slow movement speed, or thorns on their buildings to hurt attackers.

the armies could consist of their flying archers, and a breed of smaller dragons, that provide air support and the backbone of their military, and maybe even some larger versions of themselves that instead of attacking can hoist, say 5 soldiers, over the enemies walls, but requires time to load and unload the troops. for seige weapons, they could have a team of wingless versions of themselves, but stronger and able to do more damage to walls and buildings but their slow attack speed makes them no match for other units or archers.

Another type could be similar to a battering ram, only as a dragon that spews fire in a cone attack. slightly less damage to the walls and gates but give it a burn effect it can place on any soldiers it hits with its attack.

See? with a little imagination, and a little biological remixing, anything could be created new. the possibilities are endless!

snpiccolo
02-25-2011, 12:32 AM
undead is lame. i dont know how it got soo many votes...

Lord Revan
02-25-2011, 02:46 AM
It seems to me to indulge, orks, demons close races and them not so it is interesting if them will play much. At them at all such black, dark conditions, locks black. Gnomes, эльфы, people, orks the basic set different from each other and is interesting for playing. Dragons can be added as a highlight. And centaurs, минотавры and others to a floor people to a floor animals, as one race like " Chronicle of Narnii" races. Or it is simple as mercenaries. Or in general it is possible to make races to and at them will be under races. Like: People - and under races - Vikings, (usual people, well there it it is necessary to think the name).Эльфы - Centaurs, the higher эльфы, dark эльфы, light эльфы. Orks - минотавры, orks, троли, goblins..

Bloodkilt
02-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Viking's would be cool if they was a feature where you could pillage small villages along rivers. After all that is what Vikings did.

TheTower
02-27-2011, 01:53 AM
The undead and dwarves allow for some interesting gameplay mechanics and greater liberty in terms of making them "unique" as races. One cannot imagine a lot of Dragons or Minotaurs, so it would be more difficult to make them interesting and more or less "realistic".

Cheyenne99
02-27-2011, 08:14 AM
Hmm, for me Vikings sounds great. They are perfect for the setting and will bring som interessting and realistic features with them. Dragons or Minotaurs sounds a bit strange in my opinion. Undeas are cool too if they are well balanced (if its possible ;) ).

Watari
03-04-2011, 06:32 AM
I also voted for vikings/nords.
But I also could imagine that these vikings are combined with the dwarves
Both dwarves and nords are imaginable in snowy, mountainous regions. Also this would be a good solution for the naval organisation for the dwarves, cause actual I cant imagine dwarves on boats or making boats.

P_J_B
03-06-2011, 11:53 AM
i dont think they would mix. vikings are more home to a sort of boreal-forest environment and are closely bound to water. dwarves make their homes more in the higher reaches of mountains, and usually INSIDE the mountains themselves, infact, i always imagine dwarves near flows of magma, but thats probably because i play too much warcraft :D.

ImmoralAtheist
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Vikings is a must. They would have to be an insta pwn everyone else faction to not break immersion:p

P_J_B
03-07-2011, 08:56 PM
Vrykul (http://www.wowwiki.com/Vrykul) in warcraft are not bad. i thought they did a great job, their a pseudo-giant-viking race.

ImmoralAtheist
03-08-2011, 03:24 AM
They could make also make vikings as computer controlled raiders. Of course with higly sophisticated ships, and the ultimate terror of coastal towns:D
For example today vkings (Norway) has the wordl's fastest corvette sized ship. It's a 270 tonn coastal patrol, reaching up to over 60knots (more than 100km/hour) an hour.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgiGG_UEAG0

Griegor Mcvennor
03-15-2011, 08:34 PM
Vikings really isn't a race per se. They are technically humans or technically Elves and Orc's could be vikings since Viking wasn't really a race of any kind to begin with. Viking comes from the Danish translations to go A viking or somthing to that effect that I probably butchered because im too lazy to look it up. Going viking simply meant to go out raiding. vikings are more commonly associated with danes/Norwegians because they used the word itself that was in common usage and they were responsible for the most common and destructive raids. Lets also not forget about the Saxons which I don't know if they were considered Danish or not.

Everyone wants to see Dwarve's in a fantasy game. Nothing is better than a bunch of beer swilling midgets who wear heavy armor and speak in Scottish accents. Heck even I would love to see a Dwarf race as the next choice.

Why don't we try somthing that is against common conventions?

Centaurs?

Perhaps another type of subterrian creature such as Trolls or Gnolls?

Ogres

Half Giants (could mix in your desire for a viking theme there)

Lizard Men (perhaps some sort of Byzantine or Roman Empire type/ Legionary theme)

Werewolves/ Were men/ Bear kin (change into werewolves or Werebears)

Demons (pick a lore there are tons out there)

Dark Elves

Golems (Aztec sunworship culture)

Ratmen

Catmen

Dogmen

Draconian/ Half human half Dragon people

Etc etc

If you want to skip races and go for variations of Human Race cultures instead that works too.

Greeks (phalanx armies)
Romans (Legions)
Nomads ( Cavalry Armies)
Britonians ( Good archery and powerful ships)
Fraconian ( Powerful Knights and average foot soldiers)
Inquisition ( Powerful Halbard units, Fanatical high moral beserkers)
Gauls, Scots, Irish ( varations of barbians using Axes, Two handed weapons, good charge and high moral.

Etc etc. Depends on how broad they want the term race to be.

Durken
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
They need chickens and lots of them. A race where the big cheese rooster stands six feet tall and shoots a projectile beak on a 10 foot chain to clobber people.

P_J_B
03-16-2011, 07:52 PM
Omgyes!!!!!

Griegor Mcvennor
03-17-2011, 02:22 PM
They need chickens and lots of them. A race where the big cheese rooster stands six feet tall and shoots a projectile beak on a 10 foot chain to clobber people.

Is that really needed for this thread? Lets go on a quest of self discovery. Look back at your posting history and see how many posts you have that truly have any redeeming value of contribution toward this community. Take a look at that and consider if you have truly contributed to this game's development with meaningful ideas or if you have simply commented just to comment.

Don't take this as a flame. Merely take it as an opportunity for self development and maturity.

Durken
03-17-2011, 10:50 PM
Is that really needed for this thread? Lets go on a quest of self discovery. Look back at your posting history and see how many posts you have that truly have any redeeming value of contribution toward this community. Take a look at that and consider if you have truly contributed to this game's development with meaningful ideas or if you have simply commented just to comment.

Don't take this as a flame. Merely take it as an opportunity for self development and maturity.
Yeah well getting into the beta would go a ways to help me contribute. I heard about this game while playing DreamLords about two days ago, and wanted to give DoF a try. But there is only so much I can do just looking at purty pictures and battle formations. Of course it was only afterwards that I noticed the cut off date of Feb 28. Besides, its called funny. The visual of a giant chicken shooting a beak and knocking someone in the head is funny. Otherwise known as entertainment.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-18-2011, 09:55 AM
If you want to contribute then do what I or others have done and post ideas on things you'd like to see in the game. Start a fansite or just spread the hype to your friends. I didn't judge your post solely on it's content. I judged it based on the content of your other posts. From that it didn't seem funny, it seemed like posting for the sake of posting.

Tell you what no harm done. If you want to contribute go to the open letter thread in the main public forum. Look through the ideas and see what you agree on or dislike. Think about it and toss your own ideas

Puppeteer
03-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Vikings really isn't a race per se. They are technically humans or technically Elves and Orc's could be vikings since Viking wasn't really a race of any kind to begin with. Viking comes from the Danish translations to go A viking or somthing to that effect that I probably butchered because im too lazy to look it up. Going viking simply meant to go out raiding. vikings are more commonly associated with danes/Norwegians because they used the word itself that was in common usage and they were responsible for the most common and destructive raids. Lets also not forget about the Saxons which I don't know if they were considered Danish or not.

Not necessarily. You assume that Vikings strictly means human. It could simply be an identical/assumed name for a race akin to humans but not identical. It might be a bit of a misnomer, but the concept is still sound. They can be humanoid without being human.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Well of course. Reverie is designing their World and they can certainly make it be anything they want. I was speaking from a strictly historical perspective.

If they wanted they could make a race called The Farmer's or The Priests that are six legged armadillo people :confused:

If you refer to my previous posts they could easily make races based off traditional human cultures if they wanted to and just made them humanoid in form. I guess what I am sure they have decided or will decide in the future is if they will make decisions on race strictly in a case of the form/anatomy of their creates in the game or if they will make playable races based on a combination of traditional human cultures and fantasy races.

anders890
03-20-2011, 07:14 AM
Vikings and/or the undead...would be sweeeeeeet :D

Cyroch
03-20-2011, 07:30 AM
well, it was quite hard to decide.but i'm pretty much in with dwarves. I like their general attitude and their wohle philosophy. With hard work you can achieve everything.

Revenger571
03-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Im thinking Dwarves because there castles would be really defended and i ike the idea of maybe a network of tunnels under your castle? :cool:

Arnfiarnunn Neanias
03-20-2011, 10:45 PM
Born to be a dwarf.

Nojo
03-21-2011, 10:42 AM
undead of course

Azrael
03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Undead sounds so good for me, also it will be great to add something different of the tipic fanatasy games, maybe lizards or rats(well this looks so much to the skavens of warhammer but I really love the idea of those rats ^^)

Ironcrown
03-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Chinese soldiers would be fun! :D

Durken
03-29-2011, 12:04 PM
If they wanted they could make a race called The Farmer's or The Priests that are six legged armadillo people :confused:

You know I don't think that six legged armadillo people are appropriate for this forum. It's just not serious enough.

grim-101
03-29-2011, 12:18 PM
sand monsters

Swanea
03-29-2011, 04:23 PM
I voted for dark elves, but there really are so many ways you could go :P.

Alex Walz
03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Some of these ideas would be great for mods! :D
And it's great to see so many Dwarf fans, we'll share some of the dwarven voiceovers and unit/realm info with you guys when they're complete. :)

WoOpin
03-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Was a hard choice of Undead or Dragons ;)

Ironcrown
03-30-2011, 03:39 AM
I had another idea, maybe an archon race, you kow divine beings.

Alex Walz
03-30-2011, 11:26 PM
The Archons are the political Elven elite who have become known for their oppression of the Wood Elves, the common forest dwellers in the Elven kingdom. They're not a separate race, but you'll learn all about them if you play the Elven campaign. :)

swou
04-01-2011, 01:51 PM
Jedis
Nuff Said

data2.0
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
It would be cool to have some sort of desert people that say live under the sand and are a bunch of assasins

WarriorKing
04-20-2011, 05:21 AM
Some sort of medieval Eldar with wooden harpoon guns. Amazons

Loborob
04-21-2011, 11:49 PM
Lizardmen:mad:

RedFernE
04-22-2011, 01:58 AM
Since i picked Others, i should explain way.

I would like to see Lizardmen as a race, since its really rare that you see that race in anyother game.
But its a cool race.

Zvonzi
04-22-2011, 02:49 AM
I said already - Dwarfs. :D They would be pretty cool and awesome. :)

Bluerag
04-22-2011, 04:42 AM
I agree that the dwarves would be a good race, nothing like a horde of small people running around crazily swinging axes.

Deathbed
04-25-2011, 11:43 AM
i personally would like to see Vikings just haven't seen a good normal barbarian in a while would definitely bring back the might of humans

Antiquitas
04-26-2011, 06:10 PM
All metioned would be of value though not necessraily as independents. There could be variations in unit types in the human armies as Viking or perhaps the addition of this type of unit could only be allowed when specific lands are conquered. The same could apply to dragons once a lair is overtaken.

Syndrone
04-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Undead Is the way now, cant wait for that day :)

ki adi mundi
04-29-2011, 05:59 PM
want to see fish/lizard people that live in lakes or seasides that would be pretty cool

miguelanaconda
05-03-2011, 12:11 AM
i voted on dragons, but why not have insectoid races(mix of bees, beetles, ants, and as buildings: hives, tunnels, ant hills.
or a snake race a bit like the naga from warcraft.
I dont like the idea of having vikings.
End

miguelanaconda
05-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Undead would be cool too.

Pepsi Addicted
05-03-2011, 03:31 AM
I would love to see something really 'old', 'rare' or 'new' ..... just as an example, a Skaven-like (you know...WF tabletop etc)faction who mostly stay underground in giant tunnel cities...

or human monks, in a hidden monastery, favoured by mysterious gods no1 else ever heard of.

or Golems
RedFernE Since i picked Others, i should explain way.

I would like to see Lizardmen as a race, since its really rare that you see that race in anyother game.
But its a cool race. <<<< Love that too

..AND UNDEAD ofc (not rare or anything but awesome stuff. make it happen :) (and yay for Vikings)

... i'm a huge R.A. Salvatore fan, and our "fantasy direction" if you will is mostly D&D based... you, sir, win.
im not an elf fan, but if they were anything like the Drows from Menzoberranzan I would try it.

WhileOne
05-03-2011, 11:41 AM
Now sure how dragons would work.. =o

Pepsi Addicted
05-03-2011, 02:49 PM
when they say dragons, it's probably going to be a dragon-like faction, like dragonkin maybe or smaller hydra-ish things.I can't really imagine a city of full size dragons, big old dragons don't seem like teamplayers to me.

Sepelio
05-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Maybe they could do lizard/snakelike critters if they go for the dragon thing.

Personally I think undead are pretty much the coolest ever since playing Age of Wonders years ago.

Pepsi Addicted
05-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Maybe they could do lizard/snakelike critters if they go for the dragon thing.

Personally I think undead are pretty much the coolest ever since playing Age of Wonders years ago.

i don't want to go any further :)..but would Nagas count as snake-like critters ?

Sepelio
05-03-2011, 05:37 PM
i don't want to go any further :)..but would Nagas count as snake-like critters ?

Hmm I suppose they would. What about githyanki those scaly buggers would work too :P

Pepsi Addicted
05-03-2011, 05:46 PM
oh yeah, gith would be awesome. I'd play them for sure

Ganina
05-04-2011, 09:49 AM
:O depending on how the dark elves would look, then i'll prefer them! :D could be totaly awesome! :D

Repsol
05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
vickings wud be cool

Perconte
05-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Dark Elves

Lancer_Vance
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Dwarves would deffinetly be great to play, however, dwarves are rarely on the surface, they'd rather fight underground in their caves, and if they need to be on the surface, have their kingdom's be against Mountain-sides, to make the lore even more truthful. They are miners, so their skill at mining stone and gold would be at a peak, they use axes by default which when they actually need wood, they would be ok at chopping them down and gaining that resource..HOWEVER, not that good for wood as their axes are mainly good for hacking down their enemies to meet their gaze. Orcs would be their mortal enemy, and they would fight to the death if it came to it. Pointy-ears (elves) would be hated by dwarves, and although at times they may come up with a truce to fight orcs, it would be a short lived treaty, and it would eventually turn to war with the tree-huggers. Long-uns (humans) however, they would probably get along with, but minor trust issues.

Their Offensive abilities would rivial that of the Orcs, because that is what they do best is war with the orcs. Against humans, they would have a slight advantage, except that dwarves do not use magic, nor do they use bows very much, crossbows at most, and even then not very good with them. As for defense, as I have posted in Seige Defense post, they would probably be a little better than Orcs, but not as good as the Humans defense, and of course Elves would give them issues with getting in close enough to attack, but thats what shields are for ;)

xP Sorry, big Dwarf person here :O

Crook
05-05-2011, 07:20 AM
personally i wouldnt want any other factions, 3 factions who are so different is already going to be hard to balance and any more complcates things further.

Id prefer a balanced game than a game with 6 factions when each faction has distinct advantages over others.

Firvain
05-05-2011, 01:08 PM
undead woot!! dwarves would be fun too

Novakiller
05-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Undead Ftw!

Hellishreaper
05-16-2011, 08:56 PM
Undead with a Necromancer hero YES.

Braindawg
05-16-2011, 09:51 PM
hmm maybe instead of wood as a resource for the dwarves replace it with gems or something like that because since when do dwarves use wood? hmm wait perhaps they would use it more like a sellable resource.

and if for undead or darkelves, which ever get put in it would be cool if they had a catapult that launches these metal spike balls that give off an aura that raises undead arround em, except the undead raised by it would be more like wild animals attacking anything in sight friend or foe, well except other wild undead that get summoned by the spike ball, for balance issues since i dont think it would be fair if u could control units that get spawned behind someones walls :P

oh yea, this is more of a joke idea but use it if ya want, hobbits as livestock or slaves for darkelves :P

and since i cant seem to shut up i got a cool idea for a race, basically it could be and underground insectoid like race that lives in colonies, where the center of the colony is the queen who continuoulsy leys legs, yea i kinda sounds like orcs since they auto train maruaders and labourers but the difference here is that the eggs have to hatch and grow up to what ever type of unit you may want workers ,soldiers etc, and when you think of it dwarves sound like underground humans, darkelves sound like underground..............................well elves and these guys could be underground orcs except they can mass more units faster but in turn their units are weaker to balance em out. :)

TheHoboGod
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
'Tis called editing Braindawg. Use it.

Braindawg
05-18-2011, 05:38 PM
why put it all as one message when i can put em all separate MUAHAHHAHAHA............are you afraid of my many posts which i put up on separate ocasions? except 1 or 2 which came after eachother. and besides I put different posts for different topics. and so far this is the first post i put up that was off topic.

To Puppeteer: Ok ill edit more.

Puppeteer
05-19-2011, 03:48 PM
why put it all as one message when i can put em all separate MUAHAHHAHAHA............are you afraid of my many posts which i put up on separate ocasions? except 1 or 2 which came after eachother. and besides I put different posts for different topics. and so far this is the first post i put up that went off topic from the forum >.>

Use the edit button - do not make multiple posts in a row.

TheHoboGod
05-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Also, in my opinion, the Vikings and the Dwarves should be added.

Vikings would have epic melee units and Jotuns as siege units (and slow, but powerful melee units). They would also have extremely fast longships for prowling the seas. Nordic cavalry would be regular horsemen.

Dwarves would have badass ranged units and cannons as siege units. They would not have ships, as a downside. As a joke, the cavalry for Dwarves would be Dwarves riding giant worms :D.

Just my input. Vikings would be epic tbh. Think of giants throwing a beatdown on all the other races, except Dwarves, because Vikings and Dwarves have forged an unbreakable alliance of Beardedness.

Herald of Despair
05-24-2011, 12:42 AM
A sweet looking Undead army would be great to me!

Ghost
05-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Undead takes the lead! Woot!

Whiplash27
05-31-2011, 03:09 PM
All of them sound awesome. Although Dragons and Minotaurs for some reason appeal to me above the rest.

PeterLePresident
06-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Here is why the Undead would be the best addition in the choices up there :

Dragons and minotaurs : They are more like mythical creatures than a race in itself and I don't think that a dragon army should be on the same level as an orc army. But they would make a great sub-race for quest or little npc settlement for hire or pillaging.

Dark Elves : Well there is already an Elven race in the game. I know they aren't focused on the same thing, but I think the overall improvement to the game would be somewhat limited.

Dwarves : Already in-game as a sub-race, they would be a great addition to the game as a main race, but again gameplay wise I don't think they would bring the most new mechanics or improvement to the game. (They were my 3rd place)

Vickings/Nords : Those guys would be a really nice addition, mostly because they would be an all-around type. Great melee warrior, but they also have a good deal of magic and interesting lore. I can already see valkyries charging the battlefield and giving hell to the enemies! (My 2nd place)

And now why would the Undead beat all those other races?

Men = average
Elves = defense
Orcs = attack
Undead = Magic

The game has a magic system, but from what I read no race has a major part of their troops that uses magic. So the Undead could be made with Necromancers, Skeletons, Mage Skeletons, Bone Dragons, name it. Everything is possible with magic.

They could also have an OT effect on the landscape like a spreading necro-grass that covers the land around their bases or their armies. It would give them a moral boost or another combat buff. It could be a magical spell too. This would also make the landscape for battle look alive. There is already seasons that change the landscape, but this would be a plus. Imagine fighting in a beautiful elven forest with the trees blossoming, but then has the battle rages on the undead necromancer unleash his power and the land turns black like ashes, the trees become twisted and lifeless and the sun vanished from the sky under a pitch black smoke!

Anyway that is how I see it :P

DreXav
06-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Ah, I totally want my flavor of bad-ass nordic warriors!

~D~

merlinx
06-16-2011, 01:02 PM
:cool: i want to see the undead army

Kelthius
06-16-2011, 07:00 PM
Undead please! We have 2 "good" or "pretty" races. Undead are basically a requirement now anyway =P

The game has a magic system, but from what I read no race has a major part of their troops that uses magic. So the Undead could be made with Necromancers, Skeletons, Mage Skeletons, Bone Dragons, name it. Everything is possible with magic.
The Undead hero could be a the first magic user. A Necromancer would be awesome.

Rhorex
06-18-2011, 05:29 PM
Alot of people are asking for undead so i'll throw in my 2 cents.

If undead are implemented i think they should have a strong bonus-drawback.

The Idea
Undead should be a strong ATTACKING race. When an undead force attacks another, The dead units from the opposition should be raised as a very weak melee (Zombie) which then aids in the attack.
Zombies have 2 secondary uses. 1 good. 1 bad.
The good
Once the battle is over and the field is left, the zombies are used to regenerate/replace the losses of the main forces. This leads to less time healing, as well as healing cost if that be the case, and more time getting stuff done.
The Bad
As you have risen the dead as a zombie, there is no longer a dead to loot. Therefor, you will only receive half the normal corpse loot. Period! However this also has a benefit hidden within. Should you lose the battle and in doing so find yourself with no corpses to loot, fear not. The moment the dead become a zombie, you gain that loot.

That's my 2 penny's.

Kelthius
06-21-2011, 07:43 PM
@Rhorex I actually like the sound of that. Makes it interesting.

sclinton88
06-25-2011, 12:36 AM
The only correct answer to this question is "Dwarves".

theinternetman
06-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Dwarves only SLIGHTLY ahead of undead?

Dragons anywhere near Dwarves in the standings?

You people disappoint me.

Dwarves = Amazing best race ever strike the earth
Dragons = Furries
Undead = Edgy Teenagers

Lethian
06-25-2011, 08:39 AM
Dragons. Undead 2nd. Dwarves 3rd.

I like to see stuff thats REALY different and brings new things to the game, and I think dragons are definetly high up on the list.

theinternetman
06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Dragons. Undead 2nd. Dwarves 3rd.

I like to see stuff thats REALY different and brings new things to the game, and I think dragons are definetly high up on the list.

You mean a gimmick? because that's what dragons are, a gimmick.

I think this is more of a: "HURRR I LUFF DRAGUNZ THEY LOOK SO KEWL I WANAN BURN SOME N00BZ WIF MY DRAGUNZ LOL FURRY 4 LYFE"

Kelthius
06-30-2011, 01:44 AM
Dude, theinternetman, you're a ****ing idiot.

Brotolemaeus
06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Nordic warriors need to descend upon dawn of fantasy.

kalinin920
06-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I voted for Undead simply because there needs to be another "horde" faction, like the orcs. Elves are the fewest but the strongest, whereas Undead would be the most numerous but the weakest, even weaker than the orcs. Yet they'd have larger numbers, as I've said, and maybe the ability to resurrect fallen enemies and disposable skeletal troops of some sort, or zombies perhaps.

Something along those lines. And Dwarves are a close 2nd, because Dwarves are just sweet like that. Plus they're already represented in game.

Chaosknight
07-02-2011, 03:36 PM
I voted for Undead simply because there needs to be another "horde" faction, like the orcs. Elves are the fewest but the strongest, whereas Undead would be the most numerous but the weakest, even weaker than the orcs. Yet they'd have larger numbers, as I've said, and maybe the ability to resurrect fallen enemies and disposable skeletal troops of some sort, or zombies perhaps.

I agree with the sentiment that they should be weak in the early to mid tiers, but should have a strong presence in the later tiers. Also special units maybe like bone dragons, necromancer's with abilities like AoE Plague/Dot's and the ability to raise the opponents dead (could be balanced by duration of said dead raised or restricted to certain tier's of units). I think undead should be given unique units with abilities and such and their own play style. Maybe a mix of orc's from Warcraft II and zerg/protoss from Starcraft II (in a sense that they can't build across the map without specific building/situation like a pylon/overseer's ability. Maybe something unique to them like requiring a cemetary to be built or dead opposing units nearby to expand their base size.

andreicj
07-05-2011, 11:40 AM
there are human, elfs and orcs
the dwarves will fit the best and make the game really complete
as about the vikings, dark elves etc, they are just variations of the main factions, so less interesting than a brand new faction.
however it should be interesting to have differences in a main faction. eg the humans living in the north should be more brutal(like vikings)and their buildings could cost more wood than the others.
sorry for my bad english:)

MercenaryofWar
07-09-2011, 10:29 PM
My vote goes to the Vikings, although Dwarves usually play that role.

Bossmanguy
07-10-2011, 01:30 PM
I haven't played the game but including tough dwarf warriors is always a good thing. Undead could have some interesting abilities though, like having a few of their soldier revive after a battle. Still dwarves would probably be the best addition to the game.

DOminator
07-12-2011, 02:01 PM
I'd say dwarves.

Together with elves, humans and orcs they're just the basic race.

Dunno if the same goes for this game but:

elves: best archers
dwarves: best melee
orcs: weak but cheap (so you can built huge armies)
humans: regular

Rhorex
07-13-2011, 10:36 PM
I cannot help but wonder how many unoriginal people said undead, sighting "HORDE" as they're reasoning. This is not WoW. This has nothing to do with WoW!
If you want WoW. Install Warcraft 3. However the undead wont be Horde....
:p

johnthebeast
07-14-2011, 02:07 AM
i pray for Undead..... they have huge armies, cool stuff, beautiful building and they are a lot "dark"!

ToniToolTime
07-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I would like to see a race of Succubi, and Incubi. A race of men and women that lure you into their gaze, enticing you with their smile. They're like spies. They go into the kingdom of an enemy, and infiltrate by sleeping with the king. It causes and uproar and makes the town unstable, and start riots within itself.

OMG, I so need to stop right here.

I am so bad. I'm sorry... LOL.

That would be cool though. Men and women who seduce and lay with their enemies. The enemies are struck not only by their inner temptation, but their own sword as well. (I am so blushing, leave me alone >:[ )

Ambi Tanque
07-14-2011, 05:21 PM
I voted other for the monkey lizard race.

Dante453
07-15-2011, 03:28 PM
there should be a race of lizard-men or some sort rat men like in the warhammer series

Cerrado
07-17-2011, 04:06 AM
I vote for undead. Dwarves should be kept as a special encounter and unit. Undead, Vikings or Minotaurs would be something new and epic! I dislike the classic mainstream build of humans, elves and orcs which sadly have most of the fantasy games where Minotaurs, Undeads or Goblins are only enemies than a real playable race.

ash12181987
07-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Dwarves... this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV5w262XvCU) being why.

And a unit: Viking Dwarf throwers.

Sorry rather off topic there, but...

Yeah, it should still be dwarves.

CryoPyrus
07-20-2011, 01:15 AM
Lol yea, either dwarves or I like the idea of goblins too. Plz, no undead though. Epic vid btw.

asdar54
08-22-2011, 07:43 PM
dwarves dwarves dwarves
they rock
theyre awesome theyre dwarves