wou129
05-11-2008, 11:30 AM
ok thanks:D :D :) :)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
It's every 50 posts or so.

Ryan Zelazny
05-14-2008, 11:49 AM
Ranks change at the following amount of posts: 0, 25, 50, 75, 100, 150, 200.

wou129
05-14-2008, 11:50 AM
ok so the highst 1 is at 200 post?

Ryan Zelazny
05-14-2008, 11:54 AM
That is correct

wou129
05-14-2008, 12:02 PM
ok thanks man and keep up with the good work
(;) ;) please hurry up a bit;) ;) )

Neotyguy40
05-14-2008, 04:11 PM
please hurry up a bit

REVERIE WILL BE DONE WHEN THEY THINK IT IS PERFECT!!! DO NOT RUSH THEM!!!

Now that my tyrade is over... Who wants some fresh cookies? :D

Back on subject.

I am right now at the highest rank... But witch has the most posts. I don't think you will want to spam the forums to get a little rank. Just look at sparrow...

wou129
05-15-2008, 01:26 AM
yea i know about him

Ryan Zelazny
05-16-2008, 04:30 PM
Plus in the ranks there are clues, like all the units that are going to be in the game. Especially where the Dragons are concerned, we have named them all but leave it up to you to figure out what they are and their role.

LordSlayer
05-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Plus in the ranks there are clues, like all the units that are going to be in the game.

All of them?!

frankein_fish
05-17-2008, 09:14 AM
All of them?!

That's what he said. hmm i wonder what a Thane looks like?
Some sort of monk? :p

Ryan Zelazny
05-20-2008, 11:30 AM
That's what he said. hmm i wonder what a Thane looks like?
Some sort of monk? :p

The Thane is the human's strongest melee unit, it is among one of the best melee units in the game. It's got tons of armor for defense and a huge sword for offense. The concept is on the website, but I'll add it here as well:
http://www.dawnoffantasy.com/media/cons11.jpg

Puppeteer
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
That a claymore? Sweet.
Could you add in more ranks, say, at 1000? I got a while to go but soon we will all exceed it! (especially with our unique ability to stray off-topic at the slightest opportunity)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-20-2008, 05:08 PM
That dude almost looks like a barabarian. I'm guessing you only get one of those at a time as oppose to 5-10 units in a battalion.

wou129
05-21-2008, 12:44 AM
or just make a betalion of his kind

frankein_fish
05-21-2008, 01:12 AM
Unless its limited how many u can have.
Well anyway im glad im gonna play Human :p

wou129
05-21-2008, 10:58 AM
yea by the way is there a pop limit

Ryan Zelazny
05-21-2008, 10:59 AM
There will be a pop limit, however the pop limit hasn't been determined yet. Right now we are working around the 1000 unit mark.

wou129
05-21-2008, 11:00 AM
ahh tats way to low

wou129
05-21-2008, 11:01 AM
i realy liyked supream comader becose it hasnt any pop limit

Ryan Zelazny
05-21-2008, 11:08 AM
The problem with having no pop-limit and having a persistent world is that you could eventually make so many units that you wouldn't be able to play because the resources the game would require to render the units would crash your computer.

Also with units being made as battalions, you can create lots of units rather quickly, so we want to have the game perform at a decent rate. If everyone lagged past the 1200 unit mark, you would see a lot of people either post rules that you cannot make your units past that, or people would stop playing all together.

Bastiaan
05-21-2008, 12:34 PM
Wou129 do you mean supreme commander because that has a pop limit.
and if the pop limit would be around 1000 i'm fine with it but will the battallions count as multiple units?

frankein_fish
05-21-2008, 01:32 PM
Hmm id like to see a higher pop cap since i want BIG battles :p :D

Puppeteer
05-21-2008, 01:40 PM
1000 sounds just about right. I prefer small amounts of elite units anyway. All depends on your feedback from the beta (*hint hint*). lol I'm just kidding! :D

wou129
05-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Wou129 do you mean supreme commander because that has a pop limit.
and if the pop limit would be around 1000 i'm fine with it but will the battallions count as multiple units?

realy never found it ware can u sea that

LordSlayer
05-24-2008, 08:42 AM
Make he pop cap variable depending on the game you're playing (bigger pop cap for bigger maps and for big battles with multiple players)

frankein_fish
05-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Thats one way u can do it but i still want higher overall pop cap.
And im not gonna stop whinning about it untill:
1:After i've played the beta and discovers that 1K is enough
2:U rise the pop cap :p

wills370
08-28-2009, 03:44 PM
oo i have a few more posts to go then. Looking at the values of other users it could do with adding a few more ranks now :)

sneaky_squirrel
08-28-2009, 03:57 PM
Hmmmm, will units be forced to be made as battalions, be battalions and be allowed to be disbanded or will buildings create multiple units at once (With no link to the others whatsoever)?

I don't like the idea of units being "together forever" much.

Aametherar
08-28-2009, 04:00 PM
I agree sneaky I always hated forced squads as "1 unit" type deals.

Darathor
08-28-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't know whether or not I like battalions better or not, but think of this, there will be thousands of units for you to control. Do you want to micro-manage one battalion out of 100 battalions? Or would you rather micro a guy out of 1000s?

Aametherar
08-28-2009, 04:15 PM
I don't know whether or not I like battalions better or not, but think of this, there will be thousands of units for you to control. Do you want to micro-manage one battalion out of 100 battalions? Or would you rather micro a guy out of 1000s?

Personally i'd rather micro a guy out of thoudands, but i'm sure i'm in the minority, and as the other poster said it'd be fine if your able to create your OWN battalions of mixed units.

wills370
08-28-2009, 04:22 PM
I love the idea of having mixed battlaiens and i agree having to micro manage 1 unit when you have thousands could be abit much. especially if you have to counter spells and man a defence.

Not to say i dont want elements of micro management. would be cool within the battlaion it gives you key options and even advanced onces to completly personalise the style of fighting that battlaion carryies out.

Aametherar
08-28-2009, 04:26 PM
I love the idea of having mixed battalions, and I agree having to micro manage 1 unit when you have thousands could be a bit much. Especially if you have to counter spells and man a defense.

Not to say I don't want elements of micro management. It would be cool within the battalion it gives you key options and even advanced ones to completely personalize the style of fighting that battalion carries out.

I like the idea of being able to train battalions by them mimicking your strategy when you aren't in direct control but they're fighting. You could have training operations withing your own realm and train battalions by repeatedly fighting vs diff unit types and groups of units giving them an idea of how you prefer they act during a fight. It may be hard to program but "battalion AI improves and learns to fight your style the more you use them" could be an insane marketing gimmick, not to mention purely awesome.

P.S. Corrected your spelling, hope you don't mind.

wills370
08-28-2009, 04:49 PM
I like the idea of being able to train battalions by them mimicking your strategy when you aren't in direct control but they're fighting. You could have training operations withing your own realm and train battalions by repeatedly fighting vs diff unit types and groups of units giving them an idea of how you prefer they act during a fight. It may be hard to program but "battalion AI improves and learns to fight your style the more you use them" could be an insane marketing gimmick, not to mention purely awesome.

P.S. Corrected your spelling, hope you don't mind.

That would be amazing. would be hard to control though with the each unit it combats however. if it meets another mixed battalion it could completly mess up how they fight as certian units try to take out certian units. the idea is sound though. If you have them reacting to the distances to the enemy etc. e.g. shields up as the enemy aproach or after the first volley. And then into fighting when charged and they hear a charging cry.

Would be pretty amazing to watch too. As all the battalion fight as one entinty.

Aametherar
08-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Yup it'd have its limits, but it'd learn based on %'s of the types of units its facing and how you react to that, like learning to try to flank pike men with archers behind them, while at the same time the enemy archer formation learns form the player to shift the pike men to the strongest incoming enemy or cavalry while hit and running. Obviously it'd take a long time and lot of work to train your troops being that as you said there's so many combination's. But they'd still have their generic responses as well.

Again i'd imagine this would take a lot of programming and work, more of an expansion with "Innovative new AI! Your units learn through battles and personal training to fight your style of play. Two front war? No problem, leave your highly trained troops to handle 1 side while you handle the other, as both sides fight YOUR style!"

I'm such a dreamer :P

wills370
08-28-2009, 05:13 PM
Yup it'd have its limits, but it'd learn based on %'s of the types of units its facing and how you react to that, like learning to try to flank pike men with archers behind them, while at the same time the enemy archer formation learns form the player to shift the pike men to the strongest incoming enemy or cavalry while hit and running. Obviously it'd take a long time and lot of work to train your troops being that as you said there's so many combination's. But they'd still have their generic responses as well.

Again i'd imagine this would take a lot of programming and work, more of an expansion with "Innovative new AI! Your units learn through battles and personal training to fight your style of play. Two front war? No problem, leave your highly trained troops to handle 1 side while you handle the other, as both sides fight YOUR style!"

I'm such a dreamer :P

lol Were all dreamers.

Feel like starting my next post with "I HAVE A DREAM!!" But that sayings already taken :(

And hmm i like the idea it could be worked out in another way instead of learning to fight the diffrent conbinations due to if one unit dies it would ruin the entire battlion. As how would the new recruits react to been trained if they havent faced the units. E.g.g if 50% of the battlation takes 100% losses. It would be irreprable to learn all that again. So if it was based on units defeated. and the units become more seniior. Vetrens and have greater expertise. E.g. the usual higher moral and more cobat effectiveness but also throw in there reaction times, higher armour bonus to reflect them using there armour more efficently, higher damage, more health been the stealy warriors they are. etc. Would have the same effect with them not having to be micro managed so much but would be alot easier on the developers.

Could also have the selling point of Make your warriors the greatest in the land as you become a seasoned commander through the campains so do your men etc.

sneaky_squirrel
08-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Well considering the developers are hesitant to even have as much as 1000...

What I meant by the alone units is that it would be hard to make custom maps usch as maybe RPGs or small war games.

Josh Warner
08-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Personally i'd rather micro a guy out of thoudands, but i'm sure i'm in the minority, and as the other poster said it'd be fine if your able to create your OWN battalions of mixed units.

Battalions moving/fighting as a unit as long as there's a quick and relatively easy interface for switching units in/out etc would be okay. I'd prefer click and drag/ctrl 0-9 though.

wills370
08-29-2009, 01:58 AM
Battalions moving/fighting as a unit as long as there's a quick and relatively easy interface for switching units in/out etc would be okay. I'd prefer click and drag/ctrl 0-9 though.

Hmm i like the battalion idea. they would propably still have that option still available due to units not been auto locked into a battalion. It is probably only a added option. Still i think it would be a intresting addition to the game.

sneaky_squirrel
08-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Let's hope so wills ;p.

deathgrail
09-03-2009, 08:41 PM
I never understood why people troll boards, and post crap all day. Now people here may think it helps them get into beta making it even worse.

wills370
09-04-2009, 04:16 AM
I never understood why people troll boards, and post crap all day. Now people here may think it helps them get into beta making it even worse.

This thread dosent have crap in if you read through there are constructive points. If you want crap see off-topic thread :)

ceronor298
01-20-2011, 07:06 AM
I like the idea of the battalions

Webi
01-20-2011, 11:40 AM
I agree that the titles in forum should not represent actual level of maturity, but to give some level of trust to newbies and not to start some war within.

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 05:51 PM
I don't even know what this thread is about anymore. Not only did you guys just bump it for some reason, it doesn't even seem to have a particular topic, as evidenced by the last two posts...

Closed.
And Ceronor, consider this a warning: You bumped an extremely long thread with a completely useless post. Rage level ++