PDA

View Full Version : role-playing

Generation
04-29-2008, 05:31 PM
how about playing a hero in role-playing like u do in rise and fall that would be freaking awesome

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
05-01-2008, 07:02 PM
or it'd be pritty danm ******ed this isn't going to be like Overlord alow the story of overlord was good the multiplayer sucked....

SPARROW94
05-15-2008, 10:23 PM
NO STUPID PANTYS IF YOU WANT A FREAKIN ROLE PLAYING GAME GO PLAY DOTA ON WARCRAFT gosh i hate newbs

Shozen
05-24-2008, 02:11 PM
It would be an awesome game if you could actually just play one hero living in the world. Exactly like Ultima Online with trade skills and all.. but with all the kingdom controlled by players.

you could give your allegiance to a king and work as a hero for his kingdom, and he could eventually give you control over some troops like you were like, a captain in his army.. and you also could help running the kingdom when the king is offline.

I think it would be awesome to play with your friends like that, all in one kingdom instead of everyone having his own. Making the world a much more lively place by having less kingdoms but more player populating each ones.. It would also appeal to a much wider range of players, hell you probably would get all the old UO hardcore players.

or you could be a rogue bandit hunting the roads for merchants like in Guilds 2.. and you could recruit some units to follow you... or you could be a merchant going from town to town making money..

It would also be cool if you could play small tribes of monsters like goblins or kobolds.. settled in the woods or a mine.. and your goal would be to harass the farmers and steal their supplies, then run back to hide in the wood. You could eventually sell your supplies to an orc kingdom and act like mercenaries for them.. This would make an mmorpg actually fun because it would replace all the stupid mobs mindlessly walking in rounds.. and the farmers would give rewards to heroes who go hunting those monsters thus replacing the boring quest system.

frankein_fish
05-25-2008, 12:32 AM
It would be an awesome game if you could actually just play one hero living in the world. Exactly like Ultima Online with trade skills and all.. but with all the kingdom controlled by players.

you could give your allegiance to a king and work as a hero for his kingdom, and he could eventually give you control over some troops like you were like, a captain in his army.. and you also could help running the kingdom when the king is offline.

I think it would be awesome to play with your friends like that, all in one kingdom instead of everyone having his own. Making the world a much more lively place by having less kingdoms but more player populating each ones.. It would also appeal to a much wider range of players, hell you probably would get all the old UO hardcore players.

or you could be a rogue bandit hunting the roads for merchants like in Guilds 2.. and you could recruit some units to follow you... or you could be a merchant going from town to town making money..

It would also be cool if you could play small tribes of monsters like goblins or kobolds.. settled in the woods or a mine.. and your goal would be to harass the farmers and steal their supplies, then run back to hide in the wood. You could eventually sell your supplies to an orc kingdom and act like mercenaries for them.. This would make an mmorpg actually fun because it would replace all the stupid mobs mindlessly walking in rounds.. and the farmers would give rewards to heroes who go hunting those monsters thus replacing the boring quest system.

altough i kinnda like the idea i dont think it would be that good in DoF.
Maybe a stand-alone sequel?

wou129
05-25-2008, 05:50 AM
NO STUPID PANTYS IF YOU WANT A FREAKIN ROLE PLAYING GAME GO PLAY DOTA ON WARCRAFT gosh i hate newbs

read before u start barking man he means thet u just have dof as it is and if u select your hero and press a certen butten u wil go in hero mode and become the hero but stil be able to contral your army and if u press the same butten again u wil go back to stratytic mode god it

frankein_fish
05-25-2008, 07:10 AM
Dungeon keeper 2?
where u can press a unit and walk around with him in 1st.Person

wou129
05-25-2008, 07:55 AM
no rise and fall

olauwers
05-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Would you actually be able to use different fighting techniques with this hero once you enter hero mode? Or would you just be able to control his movement (like you would normally) and see the game in a 1st person view?

If the latter, then it could be a bit like Rome: Total War, were you can look i.e. from the viewpoint of your archers and even follow their arrows and such. It would be a pretty nifty feature, it doesn't oblige you to use it and it would show how nice the game looked, graphics-wise.

If it isn't too much work, I would like this addition really much.

Puppeteer
05-25-2008, 03:39 PM
I don't like this idea... it's an mmorts not an mmorpg. Let it remain that way...

Jean=A=Luc
05-25-2008, 03:46 PM
I don't like this idea... it's an mmorts not an mmorpg. Let it remain that way...

Too late Pupp. Reverie have already scraped their current project and have started to build their engine from scratch in order to accommodate this random suggestion. As a consequence the game has been delayed for another 5 years and even when it finally comes out it won't be the same since you'll be picking up healing potions from dead units and sending your peasants to gather alchemy ingredients. Woe is us!:eek:

Generation
05-25-2008, 04:31 PM
u could use a ladder but no special abilities and u can kill enemies in 1st person like in rise and fall and be able to get on boats

Esculas the Mighty
05-26-2008, 08:14 AM
only thing i dont like about that is that you can just mow thru a whole army easly

The Witch King of Angmar
05-26-2008, 08:41 AM
That won't happen but the magic will be powerful.

Ryan Zelazny
05-30-2008, 03:25 PM

We did have an idea for a multiplayer gametype like this it was called Legend mode. I actually proposed it myself (yay me). Anyway, the idea was to basically make a customizable hero and have them be able to play with other players on maps in a hack/slash (think Diablo) type manor and also do quests and possibly follow a mini-storyline, all the while keeping track of your xp, gear and other things.

You would only control the single unit in this mode, however you could use your "Legend" in your MMO kingdom's army as basically an uber-hero.

Although we thought this may not do well as a game mode shipping with DoF, we thought it might work well as a Expansion, and that way people who would be interested in that type of gameplay could get it, and the others wouldn't really miss out on anything if they didn't care about that type of gameplay.

Generation
05-30-2008, 07:33 PM
thank u so much hope i have enough money to buy expansion pack

fyro11
05-30-2008, 08:10 PM
I think all of us hailing from a different gaming background are heavily influenced by the past games we've played. Personally, I've played hundreds of games, but I personally would like this to remain a RTS through-and-through. If, adding that new mode, would mean spending less time on the actual RTS mode, then I personally would not like it. If, however, it is a bonus, then I'd love it, as I've played my fair share of RPGs. I suppose it boils down to this: the best-ever RTS; first priority, then the rest follows.

LordSlayer
06-01-2008, 02:31 PM
You would only control the single unit in this mode, however you could use your "Legend" in your MMO kingdom's army as basically an uber-hero.

Would you only be able to use them against players with similarely uber heros, because if not then that would have made the game totaly imba for players that didn't play the Legend mode.

olauwers
06-01-2008, 03:36 PM
As long as we're discussing expansion packs... Will every expansion pack/vanilla-game-combo be able to communicate, play and work with every other expansion pack-vanilla combo? Will someone with Vanilla-Chocolate be able to play with someone with Vanilla-Strawberry?

Ryan Zelazny
06-03-2008, 09:20 AM
All expansion packs will have to communicate with eachother. If we had a different MMO server for each expansion, there runs the possibility of everyone crowding one server who runs the newest expansion pack and forcing the people who only have the original game to either upgrade or stop playing. This is something we want to avoid. Plus when you see the new races and what they can do, it usually makes you want it more than just knowing the expansion is out there, so it's a marketing tool as well.

A Legend expansion pack would be a completely optional thing, yes you would have a Legend in your army and be able to face people who wouldn't have one, but it's not like your Legend can get to level 99 and a regular hero can only get to level 50. A Legend character will have the benefit of being made from any base unit, swordsman/archer/mage ect. Also he may have some buffs based on equipment you get, however he's not going to be able to single handedly destroy an army. Your normal hero -if the same level as the legend- would be pretty evenly matched.

olauwers
06-03-2008, 09:46 AM
All right, I love you guys' way of handling things more and more!

Khyron
06-10-2008, 08:15 PM
The Legend mode sounds well thought out and like a lot of fun. Would this legend character be required to fight in all batles or could you maybe just keep him on the side lines and only use him/her in the legend mode. I ask this becouse sadly i am one would possibly do this. Playing the legend for the mini-game venting after getting my Kingdom raised.

Ciprian
04-26-2011, 02:59 AM
heroes are not a good ideea for a strategy game mostly they ruin strategy.

ki adi mundi
04-26-2011, 04:43 AM
rts mixed with fps like dungeon keeper you can take control of units that would be awsome dont know why nobody has tryed it

Liva98989
04-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Oh my god! I'm so much looking forwards to this game! T-T

Trotibal
05-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Ciprianus say: heroes are not a good ideea for a strategy game mostly they ruin strategy.

this is right!

Alemenexius
05-31-2011, 11:56 AM

^agreed i really like these ideas!

Dijia37
05-31-2011, 01:53 PM

I think this is a great idea I would love to see a company come out with this game.