PDA

View Full Version : Online...

Diggz
04-27-2008, 09:50 PM
The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.

Neotyguy40
04-28-2008, 12:05 AM
Like joining a clan?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-28-2008, 07:30 AM
I don't quite understand what you mean.

Jean=A=Luc
04-28-2008, 09:35 AM
It seams to me he's talking about those "no graphics" browser games but I'm not sure how that would relate to DoF.

Neotyguy40
04-28-2008, 12:59 PM
He's talking about those games that you log on into your browser every few hours to run your city and put out orders. They are a bit boring but Travian gives you a bit of a challenge at least...

The Witch King of Angmar
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
I personally like those games like Holy War, that's a good game.

Ryan Zelazny
04-28-2008, 04:39 PM
The MMORTS better not continually redirect and/or make some features only accessible from a browser.

Personally, I think games that require you to log onto their website to recruit an army (dreamlords, i was in the beta) or other stuff like that is a sign of either a poor company, or shoddy workmanship.

Though the online portion is still being developed, we are planning on having some features browser based. Not saying that you have to alt-tab and go into IE or Firefox (or whatever you may use) but it will displayed in an in-game browser and made available on the Reverie Online website as well.

These wont be concerned with "running your kingdom" though, it will be mostly managing your account (display picture, username, password, ect.) and also things like joining clans / clan management.

Diggz
04-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)

Joseph Visscher
04-29-2008, 01:58 PM
Well, that's good, Those you can't really do in-game without a bit of lag of people continually updating and uploading... but what i was hitting at was in the game Dreamlords, you have to go onto a browser, log on to your account, and then begin to access the game's features, then go back into the game to play the battles, then go back to the browser and recruit more soldiers and crap.

That's what im talking about.

(Dreamlords isn't out yet but i was in the beta)

dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me. ;)

Axal01
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
dof you have to make your army in game, cutting down forests, mining gold and stone, harvesting food through livestock, farming hay, or hunting; then training troops with resources you've collected with several types of military buildings that by the way you built.
It will not be a "browser" out of the game to recruit solders, that just sounds stupid to me. ;)

So its one of those games where you buy from a retail store?

or is it

Buy from our site or another site

Right now i currently play "Ikarium" its a web-browser based game, good game but i dont like web-browser based games,theres no real action or anything. To me the game sounds like it would be in the lines of "Stronghold", buy the game, put the disc in, load game up,login, and play right? because i like it that way "Buy the game,put the disc in,login through game" is much better

but its good to know that Dawn of Fantasy won't be a web-based browser game

Puppeteer
05-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Seems like the logical way to play the game...

Joseph Visscher
05-08-2008, 01:44 PM
but its good to know that Dawn of Fantasy won't be a web-based browser game

I dont see how it could be a web bases game with these graphics. lol.

no you will have to buy the game put the disk in, install it and play it etc, we may or will most likely have direct download from online stores etc also. not fully sure, its upto our publisher I think.

monsterfurby
05-14-2008, 03:10 AM
I think the problem was more the comparison with games like Saga, where the battles are done in the engine while most of the realm management and buying of overpriced unit boosters was done over the web browser. I am enthusiastic that this won't be the case with DoF, right?

wou129
05-14-2008, 05:00 AM
man i hate sega its so dmm bad in grepics and u have to pay fore it but thay say u ont have to pay for

Neotyguy40
05-14-2008, 03:07 PM
I dont see how it could be a web bases game with these graphics. lol.

You wanna bet? Look here (http://instantaction.com/)

The Witch King of Angmar
05-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I guess he was wrong then. Anyways, back on topic, do you think they will implement a Risk type gameplay into DoF?

kissklas
05-14-2008, 05:51 PM
As it is an online game it should be easy to access, I think. Client download is awsome. And saves a bit of time and money, doesnt it?

Risk type gameplay would be an awsome feature:O Map-planning type thing...