PDA

View Full Version : single player - random battles?

jarroll
04-27-2008, 02:09 PM
In addition to the single player campaign - will there be the option for random battles (on varying size maps)? I was hoping for randomly generated maps and maybe different objectives eg fight to the death against X computer players, build a certain size city first, control a certain point..

Also I really like the idea of having an all computer controlled game - which can be watched as it unfolds.. a bit like a super-screensaver.

Please feel free to use any ideas I suggest if you wish.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Well, somethings will tend to themselves like resources and castle management. Other from that I'm not sure.

Jean=A=Luc
04-27-2008, 07:39 PM
There will be skirmish if that's what you mean although I don't expect to see a random map generator.

Puppeteer
04-28-2008, 01:51 PM
That would be too hard, lots of maps being made to a high quality... it's mainly on old games where there were seeded maps (I think so anyway)

Konstantin Fomenko
05-01-2008, 11:24 PM
There will be no random generated maps, all the maps in DoF are hand crafted, included all of MMORTS stuff. That makes them look much better.

But as far as single-player goes, there is an epic campaign (with 50,000 words of narrative lol:) and I believe 3 single-player skirmish modes:

-Build and Defend: building and defending huge city from scratch, against AI laying sieges to your city.
-Siege: select on of many AI controls castles, towns, strongholds, capital cities e.t.c and lay siege to them.
-Skirmish: standard skirmish, you and AI build towns and attack each other.

Darvin
05-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Think you might add a "field battle" mode like in Total War games where neither player gets a base, and must do with only a select number of starting units? I think that your selection of game modes is great, and the map editor will open countless possibilities, but I think as a default option that one probably should be included.

Joseph Visscher
05-04-2008, 11:08 AM
Think you might add a "field battle" mode like in Total War games where neither player gets a base, and must do with only a select number of starting units? I think that your selection of game modes is great, and the map editor will open countless possibilities, but I think as a default option that one probably should be included.

We already do have a map like that, not sure if it will make it into the skrimish mode, but if it doesn't, i'll release it in a mod/set of maps right after the game releases.

But I must say, mission two is gona be like that, massive ground battle, shouldn't tell to much more. :P

Neotyguy40
05-04-2008, 02:22 PM
We already do have a map like that, not sure if it will make it into the skrimish mode, but if it doesn't, i'll release it in a mod/set of maps right after the game releases.

But I must say, mission two is gona be like that, massive ground battle, shouldn't tell to much more. :P

Man I can't wait for this game... They should release the alpha testing. I can't wait for beta! :eek:

frankein_fish
05-05-2008, 04:35 AM
Me want alpha!!! :p
Well seriusly it wouldnt be that bad :rolleyes:

Joseph Visscher
05-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Me want alpha!!! :p
Well seriusly it wouldnt be that bad :rolleyes:

So... What your saying is you want a halfassed rushed out game like so many other games? ;)

frankein_fish
05-05-2008, 11:27 AM
i didnt said any about the game just the alpha\beta :cool:

Neotyguy40
05-05-2008, 06:26 PM
So... What your saying is you want a halfassed rushed out game like so many other games? ;)

Technically alpha is just a game with bugs and glitches that the players report. Alpha means it is not done yet, Beta means it is done, but it is being tested for bugs. And released means... Well that is kind of obvious.