PDA

View Full Version : Localization

Alex Walz
04-08-2011, 01:42 PM
While we welcome all languages to this forum, please note that we will only be able to localize Dawn of Fantasy in select, predetermined languages. Localization languages may be added post-release based on popular request, but it is entirely up to the game's publisher, 505 Games.

What languages will Dawn of Fantasy be localized in?

Dawn of Fantasy will feature localized text and voice-overs in:

Deutsch (German)
Franįais (French)

Dawn of Fantasy will feature localized text but no voice-overs* in:

Italiano (Italian)
Espaņol (Spanish)

Players will be prompted to choose their language when installing DOF for the first time.

*May be subject to change post-release.

Nordmann
04-10-2011, 04:17 AM
Good to hear that and i hope many other localizations will come.

lxxferus
04-12-2011, 11:38 AM
so you will localize it in italian? good news!

Zerwas
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Nice :)

will there be also German language available in beta ?

Melleman
05-04-2011, 06:43 AM
i hope the beta is also in german :)

Repsol
05-04-2011, 11:19 AM
italian NICE !

Perconte
05-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Italiano (Italian)

i hope it's true

Alex Walz
05-09-2011, 01:18 PM
Sorry, the beta will be English only. This is for two reasons: localization takes time and since the game was developed in English, localization is still catching up, and the devs speak primarily English so, from a logistics approach, there wouldn't be a strong gain in quality assurance (our main priority right now) if testers and developers spoke different languages.

Sorry!

Azunay
05-10-2011, 08:08 AM
+1 for Spanish, please. Its not a secret that spanish gaming community is horrible in english xD

rat-morningstar
06-26-2011, 06:11 AM
Its not a secret that spanish gaming community is horrible in english xD

then learn english ;)

dutch speaking belgian here, translations are either horrible or completely abscent (not that i mind)

weyll
08-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Espaņol (Spanish) and Русский (Russian) are possible supported languages, but have yet to be confirmed. We will try to provide an answer on these two languages shortly.

Portuguese internet population has 82,550,000 people, 5th spoken language, 4,3% of total users, great gaming community and no nice translated MMORTSs.

Arcesius
08-30-2011, 02:35 AM
Espaņol (Spanish) and Русский (Russian) are possible supported languages, but have yet to be confirmed. We will try to provide an answer on these two languages shortly.

We hope that will support the Russian language :)

Konstantin Fomenko
09-30-2011, 09:49 AM
We can confirm we will be adding Polish in the near future, followed by Russian. Spanish is already supported.

BIG BOSS
06-19-2013, 08:24 AM
Please let us enter the text file of the games in order to correct some errors in translation, there are still a few files.

Once correct will have a link for downloading these files to correct, than another user are opportunity for download and it'll work less to do for translators

Konstantin Fomenko
06-19-2013, 10:04 AM
Sure why not - that would be great! We especially need help with localizing the Tutorial. I`ll ask Brian to post the file in txt format here.

BIG BOSS
06-20-2013, 01:29 AM
ok thank you I board indeed noted that this was mostly the part tutorial that poses the biggest problem.

In addition it will also facilitate the translation into another language at the same time.

Brian Shingles
06-20-2013, 01:55 PM
Here are the tutorial lines we have for French, German, Italian, Polish and Spanish.

For French, German and Spanish only half the tutorials have been translated (badly), using translation software. There is no Polish translation at the moment.

The Italian tutorial lines have been translated properly by Vicious666, but not yet added to the game (will be in next patch).

We welcome any improved translations.

Brian Shingles
06-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Here is the original English lines for the tutorials.

Konstantin Fomenko
06-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Making this post a sticky:)

BIG BOSS
06-23-2013, 09:12 AM
Making this post a sticky:)

:cool: Here's is the correct version I suggest for the tutorial in french.
Grieve if there are some spelling mistakes.

I post a link fault to add as an attachment.

http://file.grolot.fr/BigBoss/pour_Dawn_of_fantasy/Tutorial%20Lines%20-%20French.txt

Thank to kirarock for its help for this translation ;) .

Konstantin Fomenko
06-26-2013, 12:35 PM
Thank you so much Big Boss!!!!!! We will include this and other translations in the next patch (have a fan working on the German version now, and Italian one is done)

Dragendave
06-27-2013, 12:25 PM
Hallo there :D

Starting to work on the german Tutorial Translation. (Just all other's working on that know it.)

Took a short look at it, it's not that long, so it should be done by next week.

Dragendave
07-09-2013, 12:55 PM
Hmm, sry. I was Ill last weekend and thus delayed.

What's the all latest deadline? Wednesday?

BIG BOSS
07-10-2013, 11:03 AM
Hmm, sry. I was Ill last weekend and thus delayed.

What's the all latest deadline? Wednesday?

Do not panic it is important that it is doing ;) .

Dragendave
07-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Ok. I may already present you half of it (Siege and Commanding) of which I have to rework Commanding since I found a nice medieval way of explaining things in German, which I found out later at siege.

Btw. as a Minecraft Server-Admin I am really often using TeamSpeak and also talking there to both German and English users and I saw in your E-Mail that you have a sever too. So there is a possibility to talk to each other if you like to :)