PDA

View Full Version : Bored!!!

frankein_fish
04-22-2008, 08:54 AM
I have nothing to do with my comp, could anyone sugest a game to play untill the best RTS ever comes out (I think u know witch game im talking about)
Edit: Just saw on Gamespot that Dawn of war2 is gonna come out:eek: :eek: :eek:........but what to play untill then?

Jean=A=Luc
04-22-2008, 09:19 AM
The Witcher is a great single player rpg whose level of quality reminds me of the classics like Baldur's Gate, Plansescape: Torment or Fallout though these games are all different. It has an intense Diablo-like (only better and quite a bit different) combat system but at the same time a deep well developed story with multiple storyline branches and great replayability but the best part is that a new edition of it is coming out (in May I think) which will fix up the English and other language versions (the dialogue/translation is often messed up in non-Polish versions) and improve many of the features like the inventory system, some graphic aspects etc. which will make that game all but perfect if we consider perfection as something unreachable. Those who already bought the game will be able to download the new content for free.

Another great thing is that the game is rich in 'mature content'. You can't kill children like in Fallout but it's pretty intense. At the risk of sounding shallow I'll say that the sexual content is especially well done. It's quite graphic and explicit but still tasteful and even "artistic", I'm not sure what the right word would be. :) It can also influence the story and it isn't compulsory.

Anyway, it's my recommendation. :p

frankein_fish
04-22-2008, 09:34 AM
thanks for the sugestion Jean, gonna chek it out now
It's a shame im going to egypt the 24th, im gonna miss ya:(

Jean=A=Luc
04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Well, feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

For example one great feature of the game is that the choices you make aren't between 'kill the villages or save the villagers', things aren't plainly good or bad, instead everything is kinda "grey" and you're never sure whom to trust and who's lying or manipulating you, often when try to do good you still end up hurting someone and the best thing is you don't know what the consequences of your choices will be. Only much later on when you reach a certain turning point the game shows you what you did in the past and how it lead to the situation that you're in at that moment. I've often spent minutes thinking about what should I do, some of the choices can be really hard.

frankein_fish
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, feel free to ask any questions if you have them.

For example one great feature of the game is that the choices you make aren't between 'kill the villages or save the villagers', things aren't plainly good or bad, instead everything is kinda "grey" and you're never sure whom to trust and who's lying or manipulating you, often when try to do good you still end up hurting someone and the best thing is you don't know what the consequences of your choices will be. Only much later on when you reach a certain turning point the game shows you what you did in the past and how it lead to the situation that you're in at that moment. I've often spent minutes thinking about what should I do, some of the choices can be really hard.

hehe, well i'll might :rolleyes: downlaod it
Any RTS to recomend? exept for earth asssault,c&c and warhammer (Witch is the best RTS ever.....so far;) )

Jean=A=Luc
04-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Meh, just barely. There's CoH and its expansion, you haven't mentioned it.

Crusaders - Thy Kingdom Come is a nice Total War-like strategy without the territory managing part. Instead you earn gold through missions with which you buy new units, replace lost ones, get upgrades etc. similar to WH: Mark of Chaos. You can choose several heroes to lead your army with different bonuses and special units. It's a new game with pretty good graphics and well developed single player if you're looking for some quick fun. It even has some replayability due to the different heroes and various secondary objectives that you can fulfill to get additional rewards.

And if you're a fan of DoW as you seam to be than you should really try the Deamon Hunters (http://spacedragons.free.fr/) and Which Hunters/Sisters of Battle (http://www.witch-hunters-mod.com/) mods. Despite being mods they are both professionally done and feature awesome enhanced graphics and new pretty well balanced gameplay. The graphics in the WH mod are especially "angelic", yes that's the word I've chosen. :) There's even an unofficial campaign being created to feature those two factions. The WH mod is still in the beta phase but despite it is very playable and fun. It's worth installing it just to see the models. Both mods were created for Dark Crusade but will eventually be adapted for SS.

Neotyguy40
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Well, for some little bits of fun, try Ballerium... It's very childish and a bit too easy, but it's will take a week or 2 out of your life :D .

frankein_fish
04-23-2008, 01:06 AM
Meh, just barely. There's CoH and its expansion, you haven't mentioned it.

Crusaders - Thy Kingdom Come is a nice Total War-like strategy without the territory managing part. Instead you earn gold through missions with which you buy new units, replace lost ones, get upgrades etc. similar to WH: Mark of Chaos. You can choose several heroes to lead your army with different bonuses and special units. It's a new game with pretty good graphics and well developed single player if you're looking for some quick fun. It even has some replayability due to the different heroes and various secondary objectives that you can fulfill to get additional rewards.

And if you're a fan of DoW as you seam to be than you should really try the Deamon Hunters (http://spacedragons.free.fr/) and Which Hunters/Sisters of Battle (http://www.witch-hunters-mod.com/) mods. Despite being mods they are both professionally done and feature awesome enhanced graphics and new pretty well balanced gameplay. The graphics in the WH mod are especially "angelic", yes that's the word I've chosen. :) There's even an unofficial campaign being created to feature those two factions. The WH mod is still in the beta phase but despite it is very playable and fun. It's worth installing it just to see the models. Both mods were created for Dark Crusade but will eventually be adapted for SS.

Meh tried all of those :p
as of ballerium it look's kinnda nice
Thx both of you

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Meh tried all of those :p
as of ballerium it look's kinnda nice
Thx both of you

Just remember not to play ballerium for too long, the community is not nice, someone once started a war against me because I had 1 extra unit then he did... Another did the same thing, except that he wanted to just get a few extra points. Don't play it for more then a week, or people will start hating you for no reason on that game...

SPARROW94
05-15-2008, 11:03 PM
umm maybe starcraft brood war...asweome game

aVeron
08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
The Witcher is a great single player rpg whose level of quality reminds me of the classics like Baldur's Gate, Plansescape: Torment or Fallout though these games are all different. It has an intense Diablo-like (only better and quite a bit different) combat system but at the same time a deep well developed story with multiple storyline branches and great replayability but the best part is that a new edition of it is coming out (in May I think) which will fix up the English and other language versions (the dialogue/translation is often messed up in non-Polish versions) and improve many of the features like the inventory system, some graphic aspects etc. which will make that game all but perfect if we consider perfection as something unreachable. Those who already bought the game will be able to download the new content for free.

Another great thing is that the game is rich in 'mature content'. You can't kill children like in Fallout but it's pretty intense. At the risk of sounding shallow I'll say that the sexual content is especially well done. It's quite graphic and explicit but still tasteful and even "artistic", I'm not sure what the right word would be. :) It can also influence the story and it isn't compulsory.

Anyway, it's my recommendation. :p

The witcher is a really good game, just finished the singleplayer rescently, which was amazing.. I doubts about it at start, didnt like the gameplay much, due to that i played assassin creed earlier.. but at the second chapter.. it really gets hold on you!
Great game, great story and great soundtrack, defently should try it!

ash12181987
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
One I'd recommend to anyone, would have to be Arcanum. Don't know where you would get a copy admittedly, but it's the most fun I've had in a single player game, in terms of immersive story line, ever.