PDA

View Full Version : Army vrs Army?

welshie
04-18-2008, 02:46 AM
Right i was thinking like say if an army is comming to attack you and it takes them like 1 hour to reach you, would there be a posibility of comming out of the safty of your castle and attack them while they unexpect it. for example im on my way to attack someone but they notice and send there army to cut me off/slow me down a map is generated so that both no buildings just army vrs army battle to the death. this would be better if ur facing a much stronger attacker because you can wipe all his seige wepons then build your army up even stonger while he makes more seige wepons.

well theres my view and i would love just to destroy people that way. proves that i have skill and that they wont try that again.

Ovocean
04-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Well, it will be more like 2 minutes to go from your stronghold to an ennemy's one, but you do what you want with your army, so what you describe is possible, as soon as you can spy your ennemy.
If you're under a siege, you could also choose to go fight your opponent's army outside of your castle...

Village Sock
04-18-2008, 03:22 AM
One hour to reach your stronghold? How big do you want the maps to be! It would be terrible having to march your troops for one hour just to reach your enemies base. Yeah they'll probably be 2-5mins apart. But im sure tactics like you said could still be employed to destroy their key units, like siege weapons, before they reach your castle. Hopefully like some guerilla warfare tactic could be used, with a special unti.

lord_farquad
04-18-2008, 06:24 AM
1 hour? Sounds like Cossacks. I think I aged twenty years just waiting for my guys to march across the map. ^^

Puppeteer
04-18-2008, 10:13 AM
lol of course, it's not all about sieges...

LordSlayer
04-18-2008, 02:51 PM
Even if you could attack him while he was moving is army, do you really think he won't be waiting for you, and that he doesn't realize the part of your army you sent to attack him is no longer defending his base?

welshie
04-18-2008, 05:48 PM
depeneds how far you can see on the map and maybe 1 hour was a bit to long, if they can only see a little of my walls ill just shove a tonne of ranged units there then make a fast skimishing party to destroy all you seige engines :)

LordSlayer
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
depeneds how far you can see on the map and maybe 1 hour was a bit to long, if they can only see a little of my walls ill just shove a tonne of ranged units there then make a fast skimishing party to destroy all you seige engines :)

You really think people won't be especting a sortie when they're attacking an ennemie's stronghld.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-22-2008, 05:13 PM

I think it'll take about 5 minutes for the whole map.

Neotyguy40
04-22-2008, 09:20 PM
I think it'll take about 5 minutes for the whole map.

Ok, that is WAY too short... Maybe like an hour?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-23-2008, 02:11 PM
Not that long. Ok 10 minutes max then.

Jean=A=Luc
04-23-2008, 03:14 PM

He doesn't mean the whole map as in the 'whole gaming world', merely from one base to another during a typical engagement.

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 04:57 PM

Even if you were moving across a huge world, 1 hour would be way too long.

Can you imagine waiting 1 hour to attack your ennemie, than another hour to send reiforcement if you realise you're hoppelesly outmatched!

cherbui
04-23-2008, 05:32 PM
i remember playing Fate of the dragon where there's a selection at the bottome where they allow you to jump maps from ur attack and their attacks map.. so u can manage to defend and attack at the same time.. just by jumping back and foward from from up to 8 maps of other players .. plus a world map where to can intercept the marching army =)

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 06:59 PM

Can you imagine waiting 1 hour to attack your ennemie, than another hour to send reiforcement if you realise you're hoppelesly outmatched!

But the map is going to be HUGE and usually people are going to make friends in their reletive area and not across the map...

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:21 PM
But the map is going to be HUGE and usually people are going to make friends in their reletive area and not across the map...

Yea but what if one of your clan mates is far from you?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Well then your shot.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:48 PM
Well then your shot.

... or you should switch clans :D

Neotyguy40
04-24-2008, 11:01 PM
... or you should switch clans :D

Or just give up and find a different MMO... Although, that is a stupid approach.

Lycannon
04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

A hour just to each the other side of the word map doesn't seem bad, as long as you can set up strongholds in other places to make time less travel for troop reinforcements.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:23 PM
A hour just to each the other side of the word map doesn't seem bad, as long as you can set up strongholds in other places to make time less travel for troop reinforcements.

Yes but how any of us can play more than 2 hours in a row?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM
If your on a winning streak or just got the game you can. :D

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:31 PM
If your on a winning streak or just got the game you can. :D

But how about the next day (if you slept the night you got it)?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:34 PM
I wouldn't sleep. :D

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I wouldn't sleep. :D

Well I hope for you you don't have to work the next day :D

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM
I'm a minor, I don't have a job yet.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:37 PM
I'm a minor, I don't have a job yet.

Go to school then...

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Summer vacation will be then or I'll just take off the next day.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Summer vacation will be then or I'll just take off the next day.

Oh yea, you're right, it's supposed to come out in summer this year. Sry

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:42 PM
No problem. Lol that took a while to get my point across.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:45 PM
No problem. Lol that took a while to get my point across.

Lol, your right.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Lol, your right.

I'm sorry... I just don't understand, what are you saying?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 04:57 PM
It took me a while to explain that I will play DoF all night when it comes out. Pretty stupid discussion actually.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 05:20 PM
It took me a while to explain that I will play DoF all night when it comes out. Pretty stupid discussion actually.

I see... But I still don't get it... (man, I really do use '...' alot)

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Just never mind about it. Anyways, back on topic, can you make alliances with just anybody do you think in a random skirmish or are they only allowed in clans?

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 08:05 PM
Just never mind about it. Anyways, back on topic, can you make alliances with just anybody do you think in a random skirmish or are they only allowed in clans?

I think that when you enter a game, it lasts for a few days in real life, and if there are friendly players, you can make an alliance with them... Or something like that.

LordSlayer
04-26-2008, 06:02 AM

I think you could, because after all it's only one game so the consequences of making an alliance aren't very enduring.

welshie
05-13-2008, 04:56 AM
You got this post all wrong i didnt mean like if he was at your castle and attacking you. i mean like he's decided hes gunna attack you and hes gunna take like 5 mins to travel from his castle to yours and in that time you want to attack him so its not at your castle as to say. e.g. someone comes to attack you and halfway your armyies meets, the AI generates a map according to the place which you meet, both have no castles and just army vrs army...........

sorry if i confused you

wou129
05-13-2008, 08:41 AM
i dont know but i thout thay ware working on somthing like that

(sorry fore my bad englich)

Joseph Visscher
05-14-2008, 03:56 PM
I think I got to get this on track here, on topic more so I think, to what I just read you guys are worried that the game takes ‘days’, ‘hours’ etc to attack another player etc.
The game has its own time, time of day changes, from morning to night; day night day night, it takes, (currently in game) about 15-20 minutes to go through a whole day. It would be stupid if you had to wait a real time real life day to get to a good fighting point in a video game. Like in GTA games, night and day, 1 minute = 1 second but in real time, might be in the same way sort of.
DO NOT expect to just sit in your chair looking at the world map watching your little dot of an army ever so slowly moving up the world map taking hours and hours( and ‘days/24 hours’ as you say) to reach a enemy way off in a far away fantasy land.
Because it just won’t be that stupid, not that much atleast. :rolleyes:

SPARROW94
05-15-2008, 10:25 PM
by the time dawn of fantasy comes out, ill prob be playing warcraft3 frozen throne or world of warcraft wrath of of liicth king

Esculas the Mighty
05-18-2008, 10:32 AM
by the time dawn of fantasy comes out, ill prob be playing warcraft3 frozen throne or world of warcraft wrath of of liicth king

cool i migth be playing dawn of fantasy

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 04:00 AM
Nope cuz i would have killed ya till u weep :p
Well back to topic, The travel time news look good :cool:

wou129
05-19-2008, 08:40 AM
ware can i find it

frankein_fish
05-19-2008, 10:23 AM
???.
Well joseph's post is on the previous page