PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter to Reverie

Griegor Mcvennor
03-15-2011, 08:02 AM
Dear Reverie Developers,
First please let me congratulate you on what is soon to be the culmination of years of hard work. It's always exciting to see another new MMO on the market that goes against the normal grain of what is coming out these days.

Second, please let me write this disclaimer that all of the following is only my opinion. I am sure You are all avid gamers and know what's fun and what isn't and have probably been following MMO's just as long as I or anyone else have been. I don't presume to know more about this stuff than any of you.

I am writing this letter because I wanted to show my thanks for you guys creating what I hope to be a great game and to caution you against several recurring issues in MMO development cycles.

Balance
-------------------
Please be careful about sweeping changing in balance throughout the course of the game after release. Many MMO's have had their beating hearts sacrifice on the alter of balance throughout the years. As you adjust the unit balance in DOF please make small tweaks using a scalpel rather than large changes using a chainsaw. Fine tuning may take longer but in the long run it makes balance easier.

One of the ways balance is achieved is by adding units to a game. Unfortunately adding units sometimes results in an imbalance. One of the things to take away from this is that it's ok to remove units. Sometimes adding new units are remove old ones and making the old removed units a sort of outdated Elite Guard unit for those who still have them is preferable than an endless cycle of adding new units to counter old units in the endless quest for balance. Players can handle units being removed as long as cool new units are added to replace them. I would venture to say that in some cases it is a good thing because it keeps things fresh.

Quests
------------------------------------------------
I've also noticed in some MMO's that developers who are short on time have a tendency to rehash the same quests over and over using cut and paste terrain in order to mass produce a sort of "Happy Meal" style quest system. I propose a fancy dining style of quest production. In my opinion, I'd rather have innovative RPG'ish quests that are unique with different goals and outcomes than a large plethora of mass produced quests with the same rewards and objectives each time. Quality over quantity.

Rewards for quests shouldn't be all power units and equipment all the time. What I mean by this is please don't make it so that players have trouble competing with each other if they don't do the quests. One of the ways to do this is to make quests rewards something other than combat related. Here are some examples:

Elite renaming tokens- Allows a player to rename one specific unit type ( renames all units of that type) or an actual specific unit squad (affects only one persistant army squad) to something of the player's choice. Or perhaps allow a unique name from a pool of several hundred key words to keep the RP atmophere?

Elite Unit Armor's- A turn in that allows a specific squad or production unit class a modified look with a slight armor or stat bonus (think stylish dark knight armor or crusader knight look etc etc)

Banners, Horse barding for knights, Titles, etc etc.

Here is the catch. Any reward that affects a squad should make a unit special and therefore one time use. By that I mean if you deploy a unit with these modifications in battle and they die, they are lost. This would prevent players from creating mega armies from rewards obtain from quests.

PVP
--------------------------------------------------
I've played most pvp centric games throughout my life. One of the things that is toughest to balance is the desires of the PVP focus player and the PVE/Roleplay focus player. The PVE/Roleplayer want systems where they can impact the world by being their character while the PVP player want to affect the world by conquering it.

I'd suggest giving the PVE player EPIC quests pitting multiple players and large NPC invasions and things of that nature across the game map. Allow them to etch thier names in the lore of the game with unique invasion spawns.

The PVP players need to conquer things and some of them enjoy a good RP. I'd like to see a seperate island for the pvp players where player run kingdoms and nation states can be formed by the players. Create kingdom management tools and limited taxation systems so a king can raise armies and money for their vassals. Allow player kings and nobles to establish unique knighthood orders that they can induct their knight units into as an upgrade. Let the players establish a world of empires and create their own drama's. This has to be balanced with a challenge system where players are allowed to challenge for territory rather than arbitrarily invade each other. It becomes a match making system where the defender's territory opens for combat at a predetermined time. Reinforcements can be sent from other side's friendly kingdom's ONLY when the battle commences. Limit the reinforcements to a point system rather than a certain number of allies that way you can have multiple players on a weaker side to achieve parity while a stronger side can do it with less players.

Here is the catch. Players who have been defeated or wish to withdraw from the pvp world should be allowed to do so at any time by either surrendering their final territory in a battle or by ordering their men to withdraw from the pvp zone.

PVE Stuff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to see a crafting system at some point for players that might allow them to go to battlefields where their primary goal is to mine and aquire different materials. Allow them to use these materials for craft special items for their units that alter their looks, stats, etc etc etc. Gives players somthing to fight over and creates a system of trade for the less combat oriented player. This needs to follow similiar rules as the PVE rewards. These items need to go poof once that unit dies in combat.

Summary
-------------------------------------------

I'd add more stuff but I have run out of time. The point of this post was to congratulate Reverie Studios on their game's impending launch and to caution against common mistakes in the MMO business. I'd like to see DOF succeed because a think the MMO market is over saturated with tons of terrible remakes of the same thing over and over. Please think carefully on every change you make and don't always listen to the vocal minority because they will always be the loudest.

Stick true to your original vision guys. Your original vision is what will draw your strongest loyal fan base.

Good luck guys and please people feel free to add stuff to what I have said.

vanman98
03-15-2011, 12:07 PM
i have to disagree with you on balance.They should make the orcs overpowerd but the humans smarter so the humans will be more advanced an the orcs will have strong military.Also,if the humans are advanced than they can mass produce large numbers of soldiers.

Dolas
03-15-2011, 12:49 PM
And the elves have nukes that annihilate both the humans and orcs :P On a serious note, I think you made very good suggestions. I especially hate it when hyped up games such as this do not get taken care of properly after release.

Dawiichan
03-15-2011, 04:20 PM
i have to disagree with you on balance.They should make the orcs overpowerd but the humans smarter so the humans will be more advanced an the orcs will have strong military.Also,if the humans are advanced than they can mass produce large numbers of soldiers.

In most game universes, the Orcs have the weaker, yet rougher, units but they have a larger population. Usually because of culture and such, because more orcs want to become soldiers than humans. Also smarter minds would create better equipment and better tactics, not more people.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Well your both right and wrong. Here is how I would envision it.

Orc Squads should be larger and have much higher melee attack power due to their strength. I would say that should give them a natural piercing attack against high armored units. Also Orc's are tough by nature so they should have poor armor but high HP. Maybe an exception could allow for scavaged armor to be used to account for the exceptions below.

Humans on the other hand have technology. Ranged weapons and even massive seiges weapons give them a distinct advantage in ranged combat and attacking fortified places or defending them.

Humans also tend to wear heavy armor but their squads are smaller. They have the advantage of Knights which have a charge bonus and a pikeman/halbadiers which are able to keep enemies at a distance. They are also slightly more expensive.

The orcs get large numbers or tough hard hitting units and the Humans get elite defenders in heavy armor and good ranged units. The exception would be orcs can loot armor off human enemies to help them make up for the range advantage that the humans have by providing some protection in a siege assault.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-15-2011, 08:07 PM
Crafting
---------------------------------------------------
As I was saying before developers please don't neglect the crafter/achiever player archetype.

I'd like to see dynamic mine quest spawns where players can enter the battle map. At the beginning the mines are not revealed and they have to be found. Once a player finds the mine they can establish a fortress nearby to defend it. THeir character has to use a skill to mine the claim for a special ore's while their army protects it.

Any player can enter the instance and challenge the other players for control of the mine or mines in that map. Think FFA. After each player successfully mines a certain amount of ore from that ore type, he is kicked out of the isntance and it's locked until the next 24 hour period.

This allows the developers to control how much crafting can be done daily by each player and gives other players a chance to fight over the spawn.

This ore could be used to craft arms and armor upgrades for units that have unique looks and bonus stats or they could sell it to other players for gold or other resources.

Again the hinge on this to prevent mega armies of upgraded units is that if a unit dies in combat it loses it's equipment upgrades and you need to start over again.

This gives players somthing to strive to achieve between big wars and combat events.

Yami-Yagari
03-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Orc Squads should be larger and have much higher melee attack power due to their strength. I would say that should give them a natural piercing attack against high armored units. Also Orc's are tough by nature so they should have poor armor but high HP. Maybe an exception could allow for scavaged armor to be used to account for the exceptions below.

Humans on the other hand have technology. Ranged weapons and even massive seiges weapons give them a distinct advantage in ranged combat and attacking fortified places or defending them.

Humans also tend to wear heavy armor but their squads are smaller. They have the advantage of Knights which have a charge bonus and a pikeman/halbadiers which are able to keep enemies at a distance. They are also slightly more expensive.

The orcs get large numbers or tough hard hitting units and the Humans get elite defenders in heavy armor and good ranged units. The exception would be orcs can loot armor off human enemies to help them make up for the range advantage that the humans have by providing some protection in a siege assault.

Don't think you should give piercing to orcs because it doesn't make sense. Sure they're tough and strong, and don't get me started on their bloodlust and raging desire to squish things with their fists (mostly girly elves heads), but that's only one side to the story.

They're strong, but their technology is rather primitive compared to the rest of the races. It wouldn't surprise me if their blades were mere jagged metal plates, sharpened to the point it could sever limps just because that is the hight of orcish ingenuity.

No way those blades would be able to pierce armor compared to the other races's weapons, which have been tempered and reforged over and over again.

Same goes for the human's armor. A orc blade would and should not be able to pierce it with one strong hit. A hacking/slashing attack bonus would be more understandable.

However, I would understand if orcs were to get some sort of racial skill like Overpower, which would give them an attack bonus against tighly packed formations because of their huge size and sheer brute force. ;)

Crafting
---------------------------------------------------
As I was saying before developers please don't neglect the crafter/achiever player archetype.

I'd like to see dynamic mine quest spawns where players can enter the battle map. At the beginning the mines are not revealed and they have to be found. Once a player finds the mine they can establish a fortress nearby to defend it. THeir character has to use a skill to mine the claim for a special ore's while their army protects it.

Any player can enter the instance and challenge the other players for control of the mine or mines in that map. Think FFA. After each player successfully mines a certain amount of ore from that ore type, he is kicked out of the isntance and it's locked until the next 24 hour period.

This allows the developers to control how much crafting can be done daily by each player and gives other players a chance to fight over the spawn.

This ore could be used to craft arms and armor upgrades for units that have unique looks and bonus stats or they could sell it to other players for gold or other resources.

Again the hinge on this to prevent mega armies of upgraded units is that if a unit dies in combat it loses it's equipment upgrades and you need to start over again.

This gives players somthing to strive to achieve between big wars and combat events.

That would be very nice. Also if it were to be implemented for heroes. Being able to craft hero armor and/or weapons for your hero which would not only increase his own stats, but also give its army a significant buff. Of course this would require several rare metal which can be found in gathering quests around the world map.

vanman98
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
In most game universes, the Orcs have the weaker, yet rougher, units but they have a larger population. Usually because of culture and such, because more orcs want to become soldiers than humans. Also smarter minds would create better equipment and better tactics, not more people.
If there smarter they get food ore an wood faster wich attracts more people an gets more units...

Dawiichan
03-16-2011, 11:02 AM
If there smarter they get food ore an wood faster wich attracts more people an gets more units...

That's an increase in population, not soldiers. Think about it this way, North America and Europe are the most advanced countries in the world right now. Then Africa is the most undeveloped country in the world. Why then does the average family in NA/EU have 2 kids which African families have around 10? The more developed you become the less population is needed because of technology. Having more resources wouldn't attract a person to go to the city just to become a soldier, it would probably just attract them there so they can have a better form of living.

Yes, that's pretty much what I meant by "weaker, yet rougher, units". While Orcs do have much more strength, their technology is not compared to the humans so one human unit can take more hits from an orc than an orc can take from a human.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-16-2011, 05:47 PM
I disagree. I think orc's should get a piercing bonus because of their strength. Either that or some kind of knock back that throws people everywhere. Think about it. What stands a better chance of piercing somthing? A sworn point driven in by somone of average strength or a slightly rusty sword point driven in by a person of extremely high strength. Penetration is about Velocity and the area of the triangle of the point of the weapon.

Dawiichan
03-16-2011, 10:09 PM
I disagree. I think orc's should get a piercing bonus because of their strength. Either that or some kind of knock back that throws people everywhere. Think about it. What stands a better chance of piercing somthing? A sworn point driven in by somone of average strength or a slightly rusty sword point driven in by a person of extremely high strength. Penetration is about Velocity and the area of the triangle of the point of the weapon.

I wouldn't really consider it piercing since an Orc's weapon wouldn't usually be sharp. It would most likely be blunt damage. So yes, it would make more sense if the humans were to get knocked off their feet by an Orc, but the damage from the blow would most likely not be external but internal like broken bones. No matter how strong you are, it's almost impossible to penetrate something without the proper tools. For example take a rusty saw and a regular saw. Even with force the rusty saw will most likely break while you try to saw through a block of wood unlike a regular saw. Force is of course needed but if your tool can't keep up then all you have is your bare hands(which for an orc that wouldn't be that bad.)

So yes, if anything they should get a blunt bonus.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-16-2011, 10:21 PM
Broken bones that slow down movement of opposing enemies perhaps?

Alex Walz
03-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Hey Griegor! The team really appreciates all of the time you've put into these pieces. We've just been on a really tight schedule, but we will address them all soon!

Great work! :D

Griegor Mcvennor
03-17-2011, 09:05 PM
No problem Alex. I appreciate the reply. I was working under the assumption that you guys are trying to make up time on the open beta thing so I really didn't expect a comprehensive reply. I just wanted to put my ideas out there. Of course I am expecting a little much given i don't know the limitations of what your engine can do, but this is more of an ongoing wish list for people to contribute to.

Zardoz02
03-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I don't know that I agree with the premise of this post. Every beta forum has an "open letter" post, based on one person's subjective observations in the false guise of "helping all players." In reality, the post(s) are usually from a non-paying player who is mostly PVE and doesn't like that PvP or paying players get better in-game rewards, making them more powerful. Of course, some of those "more powerful" players are annoying 12-year-olds who are sore losers, cyberbullies, or forum trolls, or egomaniacs. IT'S JUST A GAME, get over it! I say let the developers go in whatever direction they choose to gain favor with whatever PAYS THE BILLS. Eventually, some game developer will get it right. Hopefully this will be one of those games. Constraining your game development to the narrow path defined by "open letter" posts would just limit the potential of the game, before it's ever released!!!

Griegor Mcvennor
03-20-2011, 11:32 AM
Wow...... I don't think you could made a more blatently obvious attack on my character if you tried.

The game hasn't even released yet and you are already engaging in pvp through the forums :eek:

Look here fella. Look back at my original post where I specifically referred to my post as my OPINION Opinion means they are my assertions based on my observations of facts and past experiences. Not only that, but I directly requested in my original thread that other forum users comment on my ideas and either improve on them or add in ideas of there own. At no point did I imply the things I was saying were to be payed attention to at all costs or the game will fail. I simply said once again that they are my observations based on MY experiences in the MANY MMO's I've played since Ultima Online back in 1997.

Let me also correct you on something I am a pvp maniac. I love it and I constantly strive for it in all MMO's that I play. My ideas on PVE content were to introduce ways for PVE and PVP to coexist and complement each other in a game rather than be two separate entities. Most of the things I commented on were ways for either PVP and PVE to coexist or caustions against common mistakes made when people like (Aventurine, Origin, EA, FLS, etc etc) dozens of other companies who's games I have played have constantly mucked up the interactions between PVP and PVE players.

All that being said, feel free to commit your own ideas to this thread and try to help the developers to brainstorm things. However, when your only contribution to the thread is to tell everyone that the thread is pointless, you really are not contributing anything at all.

Alex Walz
03-20-2011, 03:28 PM
Balance
-------------------
Please be careful about sweeping changing in balance throughout the course of the game after release. Many MMO's have had their beating hearts sacrifice on the alter of balance throughout the years. As you adjust the unit balance in DOF please make small tweaks using a scalpel rather than large changes using a chainsaw. Fine tuning may take longer but in the long run it makes balance easier.

One of the ways balance is achieved is by adding units to a game. Unfortunately adding units sometimes results in an imbalance. One of the things to take away from this is that it's ok to remove units. Sometimes adding new units are remove old ones and making the old removed units a sort of outdated Elite Guard unit for those who still have them is preferable than an endless cycle of adding new units to counter old units in the endless quest for balance. Players can handle units being removed as long as cool new units are added to replace them. I would venture to say that in some cases it is a good thing because it keeps things fresh.
Balance will be a top priority for all post-release content. Much of this content will have only a minimal effect on balance as they will be things applicable to all races - mercs, customizations, etc. - rather than content pertaining to only a single race. So we are not planning on adding in a bunch of standardized units, and the majority of the content will be in the forms of quest packs to expand on the campaign and lore rather than to affect gameplay.

Regardless of any plans for post-release content and/or a future title, we will always keep a dedicated part of the company to work on DOF maintenance - meaning that we will always be on the lookout for ways to improve the playability and balance of the game through slight tweaks.

Quests
------------------------------------------------
I've also noticed in some MMO's that developers who are short on time have a tendency to rehash the same quests over and over using cut and paste terrain in order to mass produce a sort of "Happy Meal" style quest system. I propose a fancy dining style of quest production. In my opinion, I'd rather have innovative RPG'ish quests that are unique with different goals and outcomes than a large plethora of mass produced quests with the same rewards and objectives each time. Quality over quantity.

Rewards for quests shouldn't be all power units and equipment all the time. What I mean by this is please don't make it so that players have trouble competing with each other if they don't do the quests. One of the ways to do this is to make quests rewards something other than combat related. Here are some examples:

Elite renaming tokens- Allows a player to rename one specific unit type ( renames all units of that type) or an actual specific unit squad (affects only one persistant army squad) to something of the player's choice. Or perhaps allow a unique name from a pool of several hundred key words to keep the RP atmophere?

Elite Unit Armor's- A turn in that allows a specific squad or production unit class a modified look with a slight armor or stat bonus (think stylish dark knight armor or crusader knight look etc etc)

Banners, Horse barding for knights, Titles, etc etc.

Here is the catch. Any reward that affects a squad should make a unit special and therefore one time use. By that I mean if you deploy a unit with these modifications in battle and they die, they are lost. This would prevent players from creating mega armies from rewards obtain from quests.
The Online Kingdom campaigns are one of our proudest features. We're all tired of seeing MMORTS titles with virtually no storyline to add a scintilla of depth to the gameplay. We took a different path - we created a fantastic, believable world full of complex relationships and memorable characters and formed the game around that. So you won't have quests like 'Orcs have been seen looting a nearby village, save the peasants and some of them may join you!' Of course the quests get more and more involved as you advance, but they're all very unique and immersive, rather than the typical cookie-cutter quests - although as it is an RTS, most do involve medium-large scale combat.

As for rewards, they're not too special. You're not doing happy quests for a king with a great treasury. You're fighting for survival, often under the leadership of rebels or against members of your own race. So the rewards aren't meant to be game-changing, just some gold that the advisor can afford to give you or some units - which is most helpful early game as you'll get your first siege units through quests.

The campaign and multiplayer combat are two separate parts, so completion of the main campaign doesn't necessarily give you an advantage over anyone else. The campaign is meant to introduce players to the game world and mechanics, but players can choose to freely build up their stronghold as they wish and form their own alliances rather than completing quests.

As for renaming and customizations, this is something a lot of us have been wanting, but I simply can't comment on it at the time. :) We're working on hero models with different weapons for players to choose from, but we have yet to guarantee that this will make it into the shipped version and we cannot elaborate on further customization such as item markets or whatnot until we have this base level down. Renaming sounds doable enough, but, afaik, we don't currently have a trigger scripted to easily rename units.

PVP
--------------------------------------------------
I've played most pvp centric games throughout my life. One of the things that is toughest to balance is the desires of the PVP focus player and the PVE/Roleplay focus player. The PVE/Roleplayer want systems where they can impact the world by being their character while the PVP player want to affect the world by conquering it.

I'd suggest giving the PVE player EPIC quests pitting multiple players and large NPC invasions and things of that nature across the game map. Allow them to etch thier names in the lore of the game with unique invasion spawns.

The PVP players need to conquer things and some of them enjoy a good RP. I'd like to see a seperate island for the pvp players where player run kingdoms and nation states can be formed by the players. Create kingdom management tools and limited taxation systems so a king can raise armies and money for their vassals. Allow player kings and nobles to establish unique knighthood orders that they can induct their knight units into as an upgrade. Let the players establish a world of empires and create their own drama's. This has to be balanced with a challenge system where players are allowed to challenge for territory rather than arbitrarily invade each other. It becomes a match making system where the defender's territory opens for combat at a predetermined time. Reinforcements can be sent from other side's friendly kingdom's ONLY when the battle commences. Limit the reinforcements to a point system rather than a certain number of allies that way you can have multiple players on a weaker side to achieve parity while a stronger side can do it with less players.

Here is the catch. Players who have been defeated or wish to withdraw from the pvp world should be allowed to do so at any time by either surrendering their final territory in a battle or by ordering their men to withdraw from the pvp zone.
Great suggestions! As you said, this will have to wait until post-release for proper consideration but we have been discussing some sort of PvP endgame where players vie over a plot of land similar to King of the Hill, or something of that nature. I don't foresee conquerable player towns in the Online Kingdom mode, but some sort of multiplayer Kingdom Wars, a simplified Conquer-the-World style campaign; however, it would have to be post-release DLC.

Also, you may be glad to know that players cannot complete the MMORTS campaigns completely by themselves. Some quests revolve around specified PvP warfare, which will hopefully encourage the player to interact with more players.

PVE Stuff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'd like to see a crafting system at some point for players that might allow them to go to battlefields where their primary goal is to mine and aquire different materials. Allow them to use these materials for craft special items for their units that alter their looks, stats, etc etc etc. Gives players somthing to fight over and creates a system of trade for the less combat oriented player. This needs to follow similiar rules as the PVE rewards. These items need to go poof once that unit dies in combat.
As said earlier, I can't really comment on this quite yet. We probably will not do individual stat changes, however. We want to keep it so players know more or less what they're up against by the size and units in an enemy army. Units can be upgraded through leveling and techs, but we probably won't see crafting and rare resources.

Summary
-------------------------------------------

I'd add more stuff but I have run out of time. The point of this post was to congratulate Reverie Studios on their game's impending launch and to caution against common mistakes in the MMO business. I'd like to see DOF succeed because a think the MMO market is over saturated with tons of terrible remakes of the same thing over and over. Please think carefully on every change you make and don't always listen to the vocal minority because they will always be the loudest.

Stick true to your original vision guys. Your original vision is what will draw your strongest loyal fan base.

Good luck guys and please people feel free to add stuff to what I have said.
Thanks for the kind words and great suggestions, mate! :D

Alex Walz
03-20-2011, 03:44 PM

Correct (minus the weapons looting)! Orcs have the numbers but their units are also the least armored - with the exception of some elite units such as the Ogre. Men have the best technology (more on which will be unveiled shortly with a new unit) and their units are pretty strong - especially the Knights. They have the best cavalry as well. Elves have the strongest units and the strongest walls, but their units are more expensive and come in smaller battalions. Elves have the best archers, although the men have the flexible crossbowman unit and the orcs have an archer/hunter unit that can be continuously trained automatically.

Griegor Mcvennor
03-20-2011, 03:51 PM
Wow thanks for the comprehensive reply. It sadden's me to think that the game won't be quite as comprehensive as I'd like initally but I'd gladly stick with the game until some DLC comes along that makes multiplayer a total interactive kingdom experience at some point. I can't speak for everyone but for me the possibility of player generated kingdom politics and warfare/conquest is a big draw.

As to the customization, it seems to me it's on the drawing board as in under the "we'd like to do list" but of course there are other systems that take priority. Being able to customize the flag, uniforms, armor icons, names, of certain army units would be high on my list of desired features. Example, I'd like to be able to take my standard knight unit, give him some black or red armor and a shield with my personal kingdom crest on it and rename him something akin to a knighthood order and send him out to do battle. Yeah it's all window dressing and maybe due to the way balance is you can't offer special upgrades for custom units, but it would definately be cool for RP/Immersion.

I guess what I'm saying could easily be wrapped up under the phrase "give a man a flag and a piece of land and he will defend it to the death." Give the players the tools to distinguish themselves from their fellow players and they will gladly vie for bragging rights and to be able to say everyone under their flag is better than the average player.

Revenger571
03-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the info :D

Neutral884nz
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM
Thanks for the info, looking forward to the Open beta :D

Dolas
03-21-2011, 08:44 AM
Thanks for all the info Alex :) I really like the way this game is heading. Some of the hardest things to do in mmo's today are balancing pvp and pve, and making "hardcore" players feel, well, hardcore, while also making the casual players feel like they are accomplishing something when they only can log on a couple of times a week. Im really glad you guys are going away from "kill 10 boars and collect reward" system. Nearly every mmo uses the same model and it prevents quests from really feeling epic and unique.

Nojo
03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
thanks for the info