PDA

View Full Version : Sooo what happen to open beta this week???

arthas242
03-13-2011, 06:53 PM
as the title says, what happen? no news of any kind i have seen.

Joseph Visscher
03-13-2011, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by konstantin Fomenko
Dear Forums,

We are glad to see everyone is pumped to try the beta out! And really you guys are the lucky once - as earlier testers suffered through thousands of bugs, and we only left a few hundred for ya. In addition - you guys will have full access to the game - all features all the way until mid-may. (unlike thousands of other open beta testers who`ll only have 15 day passes

Now - bit of a bad news, as of now we are set to start sending invitations between 8th and 11th - so another week of waiting.

And right now the tentative launch day is March 15th - but it just as well might happen as late as the 18th or even 20th. We need to make sure the client is at least somehow polished before we get you guys in-game!

arthas242
03-13-2011, 07:42 PM
ok thanks for the info

DeliCious
03-13-2011, 10:07 PM
Phew so im not exclused yet! Beta only delayed Good news indeed

Smikis
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Phew so im not exclused yet! Beta only delayed Good news indeed

i dunno where you look but 8-11 well passed, and its 14 today.. and that original post is 2-3 weeks old now? as it stands now we didnt made it

Dawiichan
03-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Honestly if something bad happened to the game that makes the producers try avoiding it and holds them back a week, the community should know.

GPS51
03-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Lol. I could guess that "there was a technical glitch" or "some bugs still need fixing" but would that really satisfy you? ALL game studios have delays when in these early stages. Just the way it is. BTW I really want the beta to come too ;)

Dawiichan
03-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Lol. I could guess that "there was a technical glitch" or "some bugs still need fixing" but would that really satisfy you? ALL game studios have delays when in these early stages. Just the way it is. BTW I really want the beta to come too ;)

All? Not really Open Beta is usually delayed around 20% of the time if not less. Closed Beta isn't even held back that often. I've seen companies that have stayed on their schedule the whole time through testing. The only thing is that the companies that do delay it usually tell the players why and not just wait and wonder if you did get in or not. I don't care about the delay, the thing thats bugging me is that they won't even say why they did not follow their supposed date and just make us wonder. I guess they still have 5 days until launch, but their invite date is way off and they haven't said any news since 9 days ago.

darklegends8
03-14-2011, 03:27 PM
So everyone who is getting in already got notified?

Dolas
03-14-2011, 04:10 PM
I doubt it. Most likely it is just delayed. I believe they will tell us when they send out all the invites.

Badguy82
03-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Would be nice if they would at least tell us what is going on.......

Yami-Yagari
03-15-2011, 04:15 AM
I'd rather they take their time making sure that we get the best experience playing DoF than wasting that time satisfying the online community 'cos they can't wait a few more days. :eek:

Hans
03-15-2011, 05:53 AM
I think they didnt send the keys out right now, a new statement whats going on would be nice !!!!

Smikis
03-15-2011, 09:05 AM
there is nothing wrong with delays, and they told it might happen, ( they told beta might be late, not invites tho ) its the fact that there is no communication which is never good..
doesnt take long to write an update on forums

erhan911
03-15-2011, 09:03 PM
yeah i think revierworld have some trouble on that game i think he want to fix them before he answer us ^^

darklegends8
03-16-2011, 12:01 AM
I'd rather Reverie actually learn how to stick to schedules.

Alex Walz
03-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Hey all,
On behalf of Reverie, I apologize for the delays. At this time we are looking at sending out the beta keys mid next week with the actual beta stage launching 25/26. We've just been doing a lot of prep work to make the beta experience as enjoyable as possible. An official statement will be in the news tomorrow.

We really appreciate your understanding and want you to know that we'll be trying to get everyone who signed up into the beta.

Hans
03-16-2011, 03:12 AM
Hey thanks for the update, i think we all can run with it !!!

kavu04
03-16-2011, 05:39 AM
hope it will be soon

Dolas
03-16-2011, 05:45 AM
Really appreciate the update, thanks guys. Now we don't have to be wandering in the dark not knowing whats happening :)

Edit: Just in time for my spring break :D

Override
03-16-2011, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the update.
Im looking forward to be selected as a beta tester.
I would help to make this game epic.

awrington
03-16-2011, 03:13 PM
yay for the update i have been so darn worried thinking i didn't get in... well i still don't know if i did but at least now theres a chance again. TY FOR UPDATE WOOH!

Sarkata
03-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Hey all,
On behalf of Reverie, I apologize for the delays. At this time we are looking at sending out the beta keys mid next week with the actual beta stage launching 25/26. We've just been doing a lot of prep work to make the beta experience as enjoyable as possible. An official statement will be in the news tomorrow.

We really appreciate your understanding and want you to know that we'll be trying to get everyone who signed up into the beta.

Thank you for the update.

Revenger571
03-16-2011, 04:50 PM
Lol, all of these delays are making me crazy can't wait to see if i get in :P

erhan911
03-16-2011, 04:52 PM
yeah but i think it will come next month :D you know he says 28 then 15.03 now 25^^ haha :D

darklegends8
03-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Another delay, why am I not surprised?

Dolas
03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Another delay, why am I not surprised?

Id rather get in to a game that is working and is almost done, then a game that crashes 10 times in an hour because they didn't have time to fix it.

Alex Walz
03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
It's regretful, yes. But we're a small a new team. Sometimes we hit snags and things take longer than anticipated. The beta is about testing the game, not playing it - we want you all to have a very enjoyable experience but if we need to finish off some things before releasing the next big patch, we will have to make that our priority. :)

We really are trying to stick to these deadlines, but our resources are very limited and cannot be spread out any thinner. With that said, I think it will be worth the wait. ;) It's a huuuuge patch. ;)

Griegor Mcvennor
03-16-2011, 05:52 PM
I'd rather see a game delay to fix problems or fine tune rough edges than to see somthing rushed out the door with the "figure it out later" attitude game's like Darkfall launched with. Awesome game idea, poor implementation. *cry*

arthas242
03-16-2011, 06:38 PM
I'd rather see a game delay to fix problems or fine tune rough edges than to see somthing rushed out the door with the "figure it out later" attitude game's like Darkfall launched with. Awesome game idea, poor implementation. *cry*

this, even though i want it now still, and darkfalls problem wasn;t being released early, it just seems to always be in beta because nothing ever seems to get done

darklegends8
03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Id rather get in to a game that is working and is almost done, then a game that crashes 10 times in an hour because they didn't have time to fix it.

This argument is invalid because it essentially gives the dev team an unlimited amount of time to continue working on their game. It's like if you have a paper due, telling your boss,"Would you rather me give you a paper with typos everywhere or give me an extension?" It'll get you fired. No, you stick to your schedule and you finish on time.

GPS51
03-16-2011, 08:43 PM
Don't worry that the devs are lazy ;) . The game has come a very very very long ways in the oh bout a year and a half that I've been following it. However these things do happen and we all want to be playing soon... like now?? Are we there yet?

Dolas
03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
This argument is invalid because it essentially gives the dev team an unlimited amount of time to continue working on their game. It's like if you have a paper due, telling your boss,"Would you rather me give you a paper with typos everywhere or give me an extension?" It'll get you fired. No, you stick to your schedule and you finish on time.

Dude, then let them get an unlimited amount of time to work on their game. They are not going to be making any money while they work on the game so they need it out just as much as we want it out. Also, about your example, id like to see a professional company keep someone who has typos in every report they turn in. You know the saying Quality over Quantity. I want to play the game just as much as the next guy, but as Alex mentioned on the other page, they are a new company and are still getting all the kinks worked out. I really like when companies say "It will be done when its done" because then I know they really care about getting all the bugs fixed before it comes out and it will not plague the player base by a premature release. So lets all relax and give Reverie some room so that they can work and make DoF the best game it can possibly be!

P.S. sorry for the semi-long post :cool:

Jyre
03-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Any team, big or small, who is focused in getting a better product from their own accord needs to be recognized. Thanks for the update.

WoOpin
03-17-2011, 12:04 PM
I'd rather see it delayed a little and be successful then they do an early beta for it to flop. Most people always fail to see what Beta is they see it as a free game to play when that is not the case. They see it in a beta state then loose all interest because of bugs. That urks me to no extent. Beta is for testing posting bug reports and giving constructive feedback on the game to make it better.

darkheart
03-17-2011, 05:07 PM
i think this topic has been blown out of preposition a little
the game will always be under development and im sure when open bata hits there will be bugs all over the place as any bata i think there should be a new topic that just says all invites are sent out have fun that would solve all the problems

GPS51
03-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Amazingly it's been shown that most people have used the beta's as a demo and haven't posted any worthwhile info on bugs they've encountered. So the fewer bugs the better before it releases as there will be a higher chance of getting the remaining bugs reported.

willyneo
03-18-2011, 12:03 AM
Thought they already went out till I read through this. All the games I've ever been excited about have always been delayed and they've alawys been awsome. How many games come out on time from the date they set years before.

Sarkata
03-18-2011, 01:04 AM
Regardless of whether more focus is spent on polish or on making deadlines, the official communication of the current situation is what I look for. So you need more time? I can believe that, just let me know, and as soon as you can, and in as much detail as you can.

When people are potentially rearranging their schedules to maximize their available gaming time it's imperative that they can continue to be able to rearrange their schedules with as much flexibility as you, the developer, can allow for.

Also, on a side note, is it Reverie's policy to make official statements in player made threads? I find it to be a bit inconsistent as to where I can find the most up to date news information.

Jyre
03-18-2011, 09:18 AM
This will be a sweet game and for that .. some patience is required! I can only hope to be one of the beta testers, this will be a new experience for sure.

nord
03-18-2011, 11:28 AM
I lost my old account and re-registered today, am I too late to get a beta key? :(

Sarkata
03-18-2011, 01:36 PM
While some of what I said holds true, I apparently need to use the search function properly.

LiTos456
03-18-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't see why you are assuming that the developers are obliged to follow your commands and give you regular updates because you demand them. They're busy, they're also still human, this is common sense.

Put yourself in the shoes of the developers - when you're busy working on a game, you're not going to be worrying about coming on the forum every day and saying "Everything is ok, we're working on the game, we're all still alive". If something gets delayed without notice, well stop whining about it and wait. It's not like you're going to make it any better, it only worsens the situation.

I'm on the verge of closing this thread because all it is is a thorn in the developers side. The forum is now packed with people who either do not read information, or never heard of what honest patience is. Maybe you should go bug the developers with huge budgets, ever wonder why they never post anything or communicate with the players? Because they don't care.

And yet you blame Reverie for seemingly the same crime.

Sarkata
03-18-2011, 03:08 PM
I don't see why you are assuming that the developers are obliged to follow your commands and give you regular updates because you demand them. They're busy, they're also still human, this is common sense.

Put yourself in the shoes of the developers - when you're busy working on a game, you're not going to be worrying about coming on the forum every day and saying "Everything is ok, we're working on the game, we're all still alive". If something gets delayed without notice, well stop whining about it and wait. It's not like you're going to make it any better, it only worsens the situation.

I'm on the verge of closing this thread because all it is is a thorn in the developers side. The forum is now packed with people who either do not read information, or never heard of what honest patience is. Maybe you should go bug the developers with huge budgets, ever wonder why they never post anything or communicate with the players? Because they don't care.

And yet you blame Reverie for seemingly the same crime.

Obliged to follow my commands? You're kidding right? I mean I could go into the whole "the customer is always right" speal, but it would be a waste. I don't have demands, I have a wallet. In the long run my high standards will only help you to push the bar higher, thus benefiting the entire community.

Developers rarely come to the forums, so to see them at all is actually quite nice; that is if they know their way around the forum and aren't posting information in random places. Fortunately, there is usually a publishing branch that handles the website. So you have a small house, and don't have a team dedicated to that yet? That's cool, but it's no excuse to neglect your community, or threaten to close threads for that matter. I mean, your reasoning..."because it's a thorn in the developers side" could lead to a bajillion threads closing from here until the game is dead.

I know all about small companies. You know that game Allods? I watched it die from the inside out. Front row seat to some of the worst community handling you could imagine. If you want to succeed as a small company, you manage your community early, often, and thoroughly.

I'm not some impatient forum troll who loves bashing devs. I'm an adult, familiar with the industry, and I'm challenging you, Reverie and 505, to be better. Seems like rising to the challenge could yield more than lashing out at your users.

darkheart
03-18-2011, 03:21 PM
looks like i will just walk away from here and forget that there ever is hope till next year since asking a honest question is a no no

Puppeteer
03-18-2011, 03:28 PM
They've apologised for the delay. They're making some fixes for known issues to the version before they release it, rather than after. They have limits, and have to work within their resources.

Reverie's financial situation and schedule is neither your concern nor your business.

Instead of arguing, why don't you grow up and just wait patiently? Feel free to abstain from posting if you're feeling indignant.

Alex Walz
03-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Regardless of whether more focus is spent on polish or on making deadlines, the official communication of the current situation is what I look for. So you need more time? I can believe that, just let me know, and as soon as you can, and in as much detail as you can.

When people are potentially rearranging their schedules to maximize their available gaming time it's imperative that they can continue to be able to rearrange their schedules with as much flexibility as you, the developer, can allow for.
I agree with you 100%. I know it's been bad lately, everyone is overworked with internal milestones and rebranding work, and we really regret when circumstances like this interfere with the community. With that said, things will get much better after this week and we'll be able to get back to the swing of things and play more of an active role in the community. I don't know if that means much or not, but DOF is a community-driven game at its very roots - it's the product of a mod community. Fans have been shaping the game from the beginning, and we wouldn't be here without you guys.

Also, on a side note, is it Reverie's policy to make official statements in player made threads? I find it to be a bit inconsistent as to where I can find the most up to date news information.
The reason the statement was posted here first because it was tentative at the time of posting. Now, it can be seen in the site news and on our social media feeds. News like this will also be circulated via newsletter as soon as the function is ready.

the game will always be under development and im sure when open bata hits there will be bugs all over the place as any bata i think there should be a new topic that just says all invites are sent out have fun that would solve all the problems
While I'm sure that would work for our dedicated testers and fans, that may not be the best strategy for the general player base. Even though the beta should be about testing, we need to make sure the next stage is as complete and enjoyable as possible since word-of-mouth is instrumental to a team with a small advertising budget.

darklegends8
03-18-2011, 05:33 PM
I agree with you 100%. I know it's been bad lately, everyone is overworked with internal milestones and rebranding work, and we really regret when circumstances like this interfere with the community. With that said, things will get much better after this week and we'll be able to get back to the swing of things and play more of an active role in the community. I don't know if that means much or not, but DOF is a community-driven game at its very roots - it's the product of a mod community. Fans have been shaping the game from the beginning, and we wouldn't be here without you guys.

The reason the statement was posted here first because it was tentative at the time of posting. Now, it can be seen in the site news and on our social media feeds. News like this will also be circulated via newsletter as soon as the function is ready.

While I'm sure that would work for our dedicated testers and fans, that may not be the best strategy for the general player base. Even though the beta should be about testing, we need to make sure the next stage is as complete and enjoyable as possible since word-of-mouth is instrumental to a team with a small advertising budget.

The only thing coming out of my mouth at the moment is that this game can't seem to follow time schedules.

erhan911
03-18-2011, 11:57 PM
if you have SOOOOOMUCH bugs why you say open beta and i think it will go down after starts and revier will say sorry guys we have to much problems you must wait 3-4 months before beta starts :D

Zardoz02
03-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure, just signed up, lets hope its not a yawnfest of waiting...

Sarkata
03-19-2011, 03:27 PM
DOF is a community-driven game at its very roots - it's the product of a mod community

This is good to know, and changes my perspective slightly. Thanks for the information.

Understandable.

I appreciate the response.

VenSen
03-20-2011, 07:53 AM
thx goddness

i still got a chance

Nojo
03-21-2011, 10:50 AM
i thought an open beta was.... open

LiTos456
03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
It seems that this thread is now solely dedicated to complaining about the beta.
It's coming and it will have a lot of spots so most of you will probably get in.

Closed.