PDA

View Full Version : Last day till open beta!

Adamantite40
02-27-2011, 06:07 PM
Tomorow is the big day... have you signed up? Or are you going to sit on your hands or twiddle your thumbs till release day? Course, theres a chance that some people wont get in, but some chance is better then no chance!

LiTos456
02-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Moved to Main Square.

Revenger571
02-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Man, i hope i get in cant wait to try this game out :eek:

Neutral884nz
02-27-2011, 07:11 PM
I'm sure i remember reading a dev saying the beta wont actually start till later on, just the invites go out tomorrow or sometime near the 28th, i could be wrong.

GPS51
02-27-2011, 07:19 PM
That is correct. Please allow several days for the beta invites to be sent out etc. Then you can dl the client and start testing in earnest.

lastchancer
02-27-2011, 07:21 PM
Heh i really want to see how this game turns out, been following it for a year already. Open beta being so close is amazing

Adamantite40
02-27-2011, 08:09 PM
Moved to Main Square.

Ok, tyvm... i kept it out of the main square because i thought that was the forum topic that we werent allowd to post beta stuff in :O

Alex Walz
02-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Yup, the sign-ups will close tomorrow but the beta won't be sent out right away. It will be soon, but we may have to hold it back a bit to clear up some nasty log-in issues that have plagued the beta this past week.

Polluxo
02-27-2011, 09:37 PM
I've got that new game feeling before it comes out knowing I will get to start playing it alongside everyone else. Smells like windex.

Saitexx
02-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I have to admit i am really hyped about this beta, fingers crossed! :)

Wizaerd
02-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Or are you going to sit on your hands or twiddle your thumbs till release day?

This is me!!! Woo hoo, thumb twiddling!!!

Lee7778747
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
lol I'm the crazy guy checking his e-mail every 5 minutes........did I get in? nope.....ok check again in 5 minutes.

Konstantin Fomenko
02-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Dear Forums,

We are glad to see everyone is pumped to try the beta out! And really you guys are the lucky once - as earlier testers suffered through thousands of bugs, and we only left a few hundred for ya.:) In addition - you guys will have full access to the game - all features all the way until mid-may. (unlike thousands of other open beta testers who`ll only have 15 day passes:)

Now - bit of a bad news, as of now we are set to start sending invitations between 8th and 11th - so another week of waiting.

And right now the tentative launch day is March 15th - but it just as well might happen as late as the 18th or even 20th. We need to make sure the client is at least somehow polished before we get you guys in-game!

vietboy
02-28-2011, 07:11 PM
well that sucks.. more waiting :( but launch day will be around spring breaks ^___^ yesh

Dracus
02-28-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh my god...woot its almost time for me to stop drinking :P and play dof. Well if I make it in.

angeldarklcd
02-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Just remember, betas are usually very buggy so don't get your hopes all the way up. Just like half way, that way you wont "die on the inside" when a bug happens and you have to start over again.

Good luck.

Jyre
02-28-2011, 10:01 PM
I can deal with a few hundred bugs if it means to try out this innovative title.

Dracus
02-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Just remember, betas are usually very buggy so don't get your hopes all the way up. Just like half way, that way you wont "die on the inside" when a bug happens and you have to start over again.

Good luck.

LOl dude I'm probably gonna start over and over again until I develop my strat and then perfect it.

WoOpin
02-28-2011, 10:50 PM
Dear Forums,

We are glad to see everyone is pumped to try the beta out! And really you guys are the lucky once - as earlier testers suffered through thousands of bugs, and we only left a few hundred for ya.:) In addition - you guys will have full access to the game - all features all the way until mid-may. (unlike thousands of other open beta testers who`ll only have 15 day passes:)

Now - bit of a bad news, as of now we are set to start sending invitations between 8th and 11th - so another week of waiting.

And right now the tentative launch day is March 15th - but it just as well might happen as late as the 18th or even 20th. We need to make sure the client is at least somehow polished before we get you guys in-game!

Thanks for the update :)

Dawiichan
02-28-2011, 11:00 PM

Good luck.

It's a semi-closed Open Beta though, I'm sure Reverie Studies won't have that many bugs. At most it will have minor things like small lag issues, text errors, small graphic glitches and stuff like that. Maybe the occasional major bug that will be fixed by at most 24 hours unless its a huge screw up, which is not likely to happen.

If anything the only thing I would be worried about is to not be too attached to you Open Beta account because its going to get wiped.

arthas242
02-28-2011, 11:26 PM
so open beta seems more like a free trial at this point, so close to release date. But who care's, Orc's will rule the world From day One

Dracus
03-01-2011, 01:58 AM
so open beta seems more like a free trial at this point, so close to release date. But who care's, Orc's will rule the world From day One

Orc's maybe if we were in world of warcraft, but here dude elves are gonna pwn all.

blackone91
03-01-2011, 04:26 AM
Human :D
Because i like them

AkuSokuZan
03-01-2011, 09:52 PM
When will they start the open beta?I already registered for the open beta b4 2/28/2011. There's no update yet where to download?

Henry Martin
03-01-2011, 10:00 PM
When will they start the open beta?I already registered for the open beta b4 2/28/2011. There's no update yet where to download?

Some times it helps if you read a few pages of the threads you post in.:p

Dear Forums,

We are glad to see everyone is pumped to try the beta out! And really you guys are the lucky once - as earlier testers suffered through thousands of bugs, and we only left a few hundred for ya. In addition - you guys will have full access to the game - all features all the way until mid-may. (unlike thousands of other open beta testers who`ll only have 15 day passes

posted by Kon (CEO and Producer)

aRne2k
03-02-2011, 01:51 AM
Ready to do lots of testing if i get picked!
Cant wait!

gucho01
03-02-2011, 03:12 AM
honestly i cant understand why do they call it OPEN beta when actually its closed lol,bc they are choosing players but invitation,that doesnt means "open beta".if there was open every1 should be able to participate..:eek:

Dolas
03-02-2011, 05:53 AM
honestly i cant understand why do they call it OPEN beta when actually its closed lol,bc they are choosing players but invitation,that doesnt means "open beta".if there was open every1 should be able to participate..:eek:

Closed beta is usually selected from a small group of individuals. In this case, 300 were chosen to do the last closed beta. Open beta really depends on how the company wants to do it. Some companies allow anyone to sign up and get in, others like Reverie, still have a limit, although it is much higher (in this case 2000) then what the closed beta was. The whole point of an open beta is to stress test the server and find the last bit of bugs that a larger community can find easier then a smaller one. So its technically open beta because it is going to be given to a much larger community group then what the closed beta was given to.

GPS51
03-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Part of choosing who get's into the OB1 is making sure dof will run on a variety of systems. If you allow anyone to participate you don't guarantee that you will get a diverse enough selections of pc systems to test dof.

Lord Shadow
03-02-2011, 01:34 PM
Part of choosing who get's into the OB1 is making sure dof will run on a variety of systems. If you allow anyone to participate you don't guarantee that you will get a diverse enough selections of pc systems to test dof.

The more you allow.. the more you'll get.. Those who have signed up to do beta would do it whether they were selected or not.. its more of getting a equal distribution between different types of setup...

Bairdo
03-02-2011, 02:01 PM
Well I just got a brand now gaming computer and been looking for a new game to test its limits..Got my fingers crossed hoping I get a invitation next week!

Adamantite40
03-02-2011, 06:24 PM
till... the 8th... *dies a little on the inside*

Lol it doesnt really matter, just brings up the tension till pretty much right before we can get in... and then people will be happier when they get their inv :D SUSPENSE FTW!

Neutral884nz
03-02-2011, 08:16 PM
So many people excited to get in the open beta, so many people to be disappointed when they dont get an invite.

Dolas
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
So many people excited to get in the open beta, so many people to be disappointed when they dont get an invite.

Its not as bad as you think, there are a little over 4000 registered users. So assuming everyone who registered signed up for the open beta (which is highly unlikely), then half of us will get in and half of us wont. Much better odds then any of the previous closed betas I bet :P

Edit: After I looked around a little bit more,I found that if you look under the community tab and scroll to the bottom it states that there are nearly 5100 members, but only 1,769 active members, so most of the people who show activity on the forums should get in :)

Neutral884nz
03-02-2011, 11:01 PM
Thats certainly good news then :D

Adamantite40
03-02-2011, 11:32 PM
O.o Wow! i cant believe my post made it to the front page! Yay! <3

Lanolin
03-03-2011, 08:57 AM
This game makes me squeal in excitement.

Lee7778747
03-03-2011, 09:03 PM
Well glad to see the update and I don't mind waiting. Keep up the good work and let us know out here when we can jump in and help you find the nasty bugs!!!

arthas242
03-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Its not as bad as you think, there are a little over 4000 registered users. So assuming everyone who registered signed up for the open beta (which is highly unlikely), then half of us will get in and half of us wont. Much better odds then any of the previous closed betas I bet :P

Edit: After I looked around a little bit more,I found that if you look under the community tab and scroll to the bottom it states that there are nearly 5100 members, but only 1,769 active members, so most of the people who show activity on the forums should get in :)

that sounds good, altough am i considered active signing up like 2-3 weeks ago?

awrington
03-04-2011, 06:15 PM
so much waiting T.T oh well this game is sure to be awesome :D hope i get an invite

Noel Bohac
03-04-2011, 06:51 PM
It will be worth it indeed! I look forward to seeing everyones thoughts on the game.

Dracus
03-04-2011, 09:17 PM
so much waiting T.T oh well this game is sure to be awesome :D hope i get an invite

You and I won't get invited :(. Soooo, it sux to be us right now.

willyneo
03-04-2011, 11:48 PM
I hope I get in even though I only started followinf this game afew months ago. :(

Saw it on the mmo report and been follownig it ever since.

Dolas
03-05-2011, 06:30 AM
that sounds good, although am i considered active signing up like 2-3 weeks ago?

I don't know how they measure active members, but I would imagine as long as you post every couple of days it will count :)

Smikis
03-05-2011, 08:17 AM
makes you think if this game still kicking >_<

Dawiichan
03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
I hope I get in. I've only been waiting since Early February but that's because that was the first time I've heard of it ><

ZyndromZ
03-06-2011, 03:11 AM
So close now. :D I'm pretty sure it will be epic. :)

Dracus
03-06-2011, 03:51 PM
So close now. :D I'm pretty sure it will be epic. :)

Buddy, its not going to be epic if we do not make the cut :P.

GPS51
03-06-2011, 04:06 PM
Just remember that if you don't make it into round 1 of the Open beta then you can always get into round 2 of open beta. If you don't get in to round 1 all is not lost!

arthas242
03-06-2011, 11:32 PM
i thought this was last beta thing before release? there's 2 phase's?

Smikis
03-07-2011, 09:53 AM
so any date , for those invites, this week, next week, passed already? kinda lacking information

Dolas
03-07-2011, 10:13 AM
Beta invites are supposed to come out sometime this week. Second page of this thread has all the information: here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2478&page=2)

Hyroshi
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Beta invites are supposed to come out sometime this week. Second page of this thread has all the information: here (http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2478&page=2)

Thanks for the info! :)

Badguy82
03-08-2011, 09:43 AM
Anxiously waiting!

ImmoralAtheist
03-08-2011, 03:42 PM
This sounds more like a closed beta, where beta testers are selected among the community. I don't know why the word open is used.

darklegends8
03-08-2011, 05:26 PM
This sounds more like a closed beta, where beta testers are selected among the community. I don't know why the word open is used.

I agree, by all means it should be called a closed beta.

Henry Martin
03-08-2011, 06:02 PM

The only thing that separates the two is not the amount of people chosen or from where, but the fact that one has an NDA hence the "closed" part and one doesn't hence the "open" part.

The open beta that you and others are complaining about the name, doesn't have the testers agreeing to an NDA, but the previous 4 beta's did so that is why it was called a closed beta, so yes this one coming up is an open beta.

So in the wise words of Officer Barbrady "Ok people, move along, there is nothing to see here!":)

Dolas
03-08-2011, 06:12 PM
The only thing that separates the two is not the amount of people chosen or from where, but the fact that one has an NDA hence the "closed" part and one doesn't hence the "open" part.

The open beta that you and others are complaining about the name, doesn't have the testers agreeing to an NDA, but the previous 4 beta's did so that is why it was called a closed beta, so yes this one coming up is an open beta.

So in the wise words of Officer Barbrady "Ok people, move along, there is nothing to see here!":)

So if we don't have to sign an NDA, does that mean there are not going to be beta forums? Or if there are, will they be open to the public who don't get selected? Thanks for any information that you can provide :)

darklegends8
03-08-2011, 08:06 PM

Really, cause I've closed beta tested several games and I don't remember agreeing to a NDA for all of them.

Henry Martin
03-08-2011, 08:23 PM
So if we don't have to sign an NDA, does that mean there are not going to be beta forums? Or if there are, will they be open to the public who don't get selected? Thanks for any information that you can provide :)

Well since a beta is meant for post of bugs and issues then there should be a seperate area for posting that whether it be open or not, so I assume that will be the case. But the next beta will be start soon, so we will find out.;)

Really, cause I've closed beta tested several games and I don't remember agreeing to a NDA for all of them.

If it was a closed beta then you did agree to a NDA. Most games just use a simple agree or not buttons under the NDA window when you install the game. All closed beta have them.

Sam76
03-09-2011, 01:09 AM
Thanks for the info! ;)

darklegends8
03-09-2011, 10:32 PM
When do we get to know if we got rejected or accepted?

Neutral884nz
03-09-2011, 11:42 PM
I guess once they confirm the invites have been sent out, and if we have not got one by then bad luck.

Bobtree
03-10-2011, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the update. And like Daw says, its going to be hard not getting too attached before any wipe prior to release (for those that get beta invites anyhow, fingers crossed) :)

mafrabr
03-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Will be free2play??

Somebody got game??

Neutral884nz
03-11-2011, 09:20 PM
So have the invites been sent out yet, or whats the story?

snpiccolo
03-12-2011, 06:08 AM
I dunno i have over 20 posts, 5 referrals, and i still cant get a beta key...

Hans
03-12-2011, 07:03 AM
Guys keep kool plz , the keys getting send out @ Mid of March so we can hope next week we got them ;)

marokgd
03-12-2011, 08:09 AM
i think its quite random....

gordon2kam
03-12-2011, 08:47 AM
why it is called open beta when some people cant get in....its not open

GPS51
03-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Please scroll up to find the answer to your issue .

Garyn
03-13-2011, 11:15 AM
I wonder how long i have to wait

awrington
03-15-2011, 09:40 PM
ok so its the 15th right now theres still that announcement up in the top right... whats the deal... hope its just taking longer than expected cuz i really wanna play!!!

ZyndromZ
03-16-2011, 01:52 PM
Em, a little fail that you still have that **** up on the right corner..

Dolas
03-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Em, a little fail that you still have that **** up on the right corner..

They still have it up there because they stated that even if you sign up after the 28th you may still be able to get in. Plus they are probably going to use the same system for the second wave of invites. Granted they can probably get rid of the "Register by February 28th to Qualify" statement, but it will probably change eventually. No need to complain if the open beta invites have not even come out yet.