PDA

View Full Version : "Empire Builder" multiplayer skirmish

radeonmaster
02-27-2011, 08:09 AM
I propose adding an option for longer multiplayer matches that include resource gathering and city building. While I will undoubtedly enjoy the game, I will miss the opportunity to play a drawn-out match with a friend.

lastchancer
02-27-2011, 06:39 PM
You mean start up from scratch each battle from nothing so you are forced to build what you need? Or increasing map size so you can expand better before actual fighting?

Kaos90
02-27-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes i think he means a mode for conventional rts matches

DioMorte
02-28-2011, 03:31 AM
Nice proposal, but we try not to miss these grueling match with friends!

Maelkor
04-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I was thinking of something along these lines but a bit more in depth. Something between the persistant world and the single player mode. I would like to see a mode with a defined finite amount of territory with a set of people all starting at the same time or within a window and fighting it out to be the final winner on a scale to last say a month. I know this wont be something that can be done at release but perhaps something down the road.

For something like this features that might be added would be capitulation which would give your territory over to someone who is beating you and "resign and replace" the ability to give your kingdom to another player who is not allready in the match if something comes up in RL and you cant finish a long term pvp campaign.

GPS51
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
How in the world would you get everyone online to play each other?

Vigilus
04-25-2011, 09:10 PM
I was thinking of something along these lines but a bit more in depth. Something between the persistant world and the single player mode. I would like to see a mode with a defined finite amount of territory with a set of people all starting at the same time or within a window and fighting it out to be the final winner on a scale to last say a month. I know this wont be something that can be done at release but perhaps something down the road.

For something like this features that might be added would be capitulation which would give your territory over to someone who is beating you and "resign and replace" the ability to give your kingdom to another player who is not allready in the match if something comes up in RL and you cant finish a long term pvp campaign.

We are discussing this heavily in the beta forums. Adding a large scale "player persistent" map is incredibly important to increasing the desirability of this game. If you want me to PM you the conversation, please PM me. thanks!

Tsabo
04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Well, if I understand correctly there will be no conventional mode for 1v1 matches that involve macro and micro management and a conventional ladder for matchmaking. That's dissapointing for me.

But I do like the idea of games that last a month. Even more so if these games start on a pre-defined date, say first day of every month. This will allow for theese games to be ranked, and a ladder system will allow to automaticly sort playes with equal skill levels into the next months game. I do understand that its only easy on paper, but if something like this does happen, it might get me to foget about my masters SC2 account =)

OmninmO
04-27-2011, 03:46 PM
i agre with the ideia

Dr. Nick
04-30-2011, 10:17 AM
This idea would be nice but with short building times!

Konstantin Fomenko
04-30-2011, 10:30 AM
Our plan is to add this game mode down the road - after the game was released. Perhaps around August.

And actually you guys already figured out:) how this game mode will work - short build times too.

Meisterkeg
05-24-2011, 06:52 PM
I like the way they do it in EVE where map lines can be redrawn based upon the actions of the various guilds and races - it would be cool to see that here as well. I hoep to play dwarves at some point!

Novakiller
05-25-2011, 01:54 PM
anything you guys add will be awesome, the more stuff you add the more awesome the game will be, love the passion behind the game. I'd like to see a mode where all races battle it out as we all bash heads together to create an inter-race war with eachother :)

Skirmishes could be like a coop mode with your buddys aswell as the obvious pvp like regular RTS do in the form of C&C and Supreme Commander series, but for me personally, i wouldn't want to do a dumbed down version of the online kingdoms, i'd like to have just that but in our own skirmish servers or something, not sure if that would be possible though coz that would mean having that mode connected to the DOF main server or what not. At least able to have the ceonomy side of things so you can build up your hometowns slowly with the all the walls, that might actually add the mmo feel discussed in another thread actually, as its all connected online, and you could have it as a free-for-all aswell, i think if this is actually exactly like the more traditional RTS skirmish mode, then you'd have to have some options in there, so people could setup their games how they wish so to speak.