PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about DoF

Cheyenne99
02-27-2011, 08:28 AM
I am new here and after the screens and vids i have seen i have some questions about the game. Maybe someone can help me.

1. I cant imagine how this online modeshould work. Are all players on one hughe map and everyone can build anywhere a castle or town and defend it?

2. How mutch players can play on one map ?

3. Whats when igo to bed ? Does the world move on when i am offline or is it like a Age of Empires Party with friends ?

4. whats when my castle is destroyed ? (if there is a 24h online server)

U can se i have no plan how this should work because its everywhere announced as mmo and not as singleplayer with multiplayerpart

thx

Cheyenne

Edit :

5. How mutch will it cost and s there a monthly fee or itemshop ?

LiTos456
02-27-2011, 09:09 AM
1. The map is a large world map split into player-owned instances and region instances.

2. As many players as there are registered.

3. When you are offline it moves on like an MMO but you cannot be attacked.

4. Your castle will never be completely destroyed, you will just have to repair damages and what not if you lose a battle. The damage done is of course going to vary.

The game is MMO with both single player modes and multiplayer skirmish modes.

Cheyenne99
02-27-2011, 02:17 PM
thx for response !

sounds very interesting, any infos about price or fee ?

Adamantite40
02-27-2011, 08:11 PM
thx for response !

After the initial cost of the disc to buy its completly free

Edit - Im guessing itll be the same as any other new MMO game out there, so around 50 or 60 dollars

Puppeteer
02-28-2011, 12:31 PM
thx for response !

As Adamantite40 says, you only pay for the disc.
However unless I've missed new developments, there will be opportunities to buy a pseudo-resource influence. This helps unlock new abilities, technologies and spells. You will naturally earn this when playing Kingdom Wars but you can pay money to get a large sum quickly. And there may be mini-expansion packs which may need micro-transactions (<10) to use.
Best go check the FAQ to see if that's still current :o

Joseph Visscher
03-01-2011, 12:12 AM
As Adamantite40 says, you only pay for the disc.
However unless I've missed new developments, there will be opportunities to buy a pseudo-resource influence. This helps unlock new abilities, technologies and spells. You will naturally earn this when playing Kingdom Wars but you can pay money to get a large sum quickly. And there may be mini-expansion packs which may need micro-transactions (<10) to use.
Best go check the FAQ to see if that's still current :o

The mini expansion packs will cost influence/wealth aswell, so you can buy bran new expansion pack content for FREE if you play DOF alot and have earned enough wealth/influence, otherwise you can purchase(real money) the wealth/influence points needed to buy the expansion packs/quests/etc instantly.

Dracus
03-01-2011, 01:48 AM
The mini expansion packs will cost influence/wealth aswell, so you can buy bran new expansion pack content for FREE if you play DOF alot and have earned enough wealth/influence, otherwise you can purchase(real money) the wealth/influence points needed to buy the expansion packs/quests/etc instantly.

I hope gaining influence requires skill not just time investment. Meaning, I hope its like higher win/lose ratios instead of completing achievements like harvest 1,000,000,000,000 food for 1 influence point >_<.

Joseph Visscher
03-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I hope gaining influence requires skill not just time investment. Meaning, I hope its like higher win/lose ratios instead of completing achievements like harvest 1,000,000,000,000 food for 1 influence point >_<.

No its for completing quests, fighting in player vs player matches, fighting players in siege combat, if you successfully siege a player and destroy him, or you defend yours and he is defeated in your homeland you will gain influence/wealth. Having fun and playing the main aspects of the game online give you influence/wealth.

Puppeteer
03-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Oh that is fantastic. That is good news.

NobleIre
03-01-2011, 03:05 PM
No its for completing quests, fighting in player vs player matches, fighting players in siege combat, if you successfully siege a player and destroy him, or you defend yours and he is defeated in your homeland you will gain influence/wealth. Having fun and playing the main aspects of the game online give you influence/wealth.

That is really good news. I'm glad to hear that the influence is obtainable in more than just via purchase - and is accessible through combat victories, etc.

Dracus
03-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Oh now I am definitely excited. One quick question, Will it be possible to lose influence when failing to complete a quest or failing to siege a player or npc? Or does influence simply increase and cannot be taken away from other players?

vietboy
03-02-2011, 04:39 PM
I am new here and after the screens and vids i have seen i have some questions about the game. Maybe someone can help me.

1. I cant imagine how this online modeshould work. Are all players on one hughe map and everyone can build anywhere a castle or town and defend it?

2. How mutch players can play on one map ?

3. Whats when igo to bed ? Does the world move on when i am offline or is it like a Age of Empires Party with friends ?

4. whats when my castle is destroyed ? (if there is a 24h online server)

U can se i have no plan how this should work because its everywhere announced as mmo and not as singleplayer with multiplayerpart

thx

Cheyenne

Edit :

Make sure you read this before asking questions .. all the answer are here http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1696

Henry Martin
03-02-2011, 05:17 PM

It will cost 1,000,000 zenny a week and the only itemshop, is at the Gold Saucer.:p

I'm not sure exactly what the price will be, but assume it will be about the same as most PC games. No there will not be a monthly fee, Please read the FAQ's thread, most of these questions have been answered. Finally, yes, there will be a shop for you to buy things in game.

Dracus
03-02-2011, 07:28 PM
It will cost 1,000,000 zenny a week and the only itemshop, is at the Gold Saucer.:p

I'm not sure exactly what the price will be, but assume it will be about the same as most PC games. No there will not be a monthly fee, Please read the FAQ's thread, most of these questions have been answered. Finally, yes, there will be a shop for you to buy things in game.

OMG ZENY do you play ro? ^_^ and did you hear about legend of the second? :P

Henry Martin
03-03-2011, 10:45 AM
OMG ZENY do you play ro? ^_^ and did you hear about legend of the second? :P

Oh sorry, that was a Megaman Legends reference (great game). They are one of many universes that use a form of ZENNY as currency.

Dracus
03-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Oh sorry, that was a Megaman Legends reference (great game). They are one of many universes that use a form of ZENNY as currency.

:O hah. Only one I relate it to or mostly relate it to is Ragnarok online :P.

mafrabr
03-11-2011, 06:15 PM
and about the GOLD members?? wil itl exist?
Like, pay for more bonus.

marokgd
03-12-2011, 08:06 AM
watching other games i must ask : how the d/c problems are solved ? . . . in some game if d/c happen . . .2-3 times . . .pple get suspended for 1 day wchich is lame cuz d/c might be random . Of course the are d/c noobs who do it on purpose. How it will work here . . . ? if some1 d/c the game still goes ? any loose/win stats including for both ?

LiTos456
03-12-2011, 09:27 AM
and about the GOLD members?? wil itl exist?
Like, pay for more bonus.

Theres going to be some minor microtransaction options available but they will not make you overly powerful.

GPS51
03-12-2011, 10:29 AM
The rumors floating around about DCing is that there will probably be a timeout function which when it runs out will give a loss to the DCer. I haven't heard about bans for too many DCs, which if you get a loss for DCing then there's not too much of a point to banning them.

marokgd
03-13-2011, 09:12 AM
so similar to Lotr: BFME series. very good

Zardoz02
03-19-2011, 04:13 PM
Influence sounds like a very interesting dynamic, can't wait to try it in-game.

Nojo
03-21-2011, 11:52 AM
That is really good news. I'm glad to hear that the influence is obtainable in more than just via purchase - and is accessible through combat victories, etc.

i 2nd this