PDA

View Full Version : Taxation, within the game.

Blackmore22
02-22-2011, 03:06 PM
I belive that the creators should look into Taxation of Territories. i personally am a very finanical type of guy, i enjoy being on the top 5% of richest players no matter what game i play.I would like to be able to build idk lets say a mountain city, and have a pass there, for people who want to transport armies, like a neutral faction, that will trasnsport goods and armies for a sum.

Lanolin
02-22-2011, 03:44 PM
Excellent idea. This could be one of many ways to make money within the game.

Kaos90
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM
The game seems like its all instanced and that this idea wouldn't apply

Framer
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
this sounds like a good idea to be honest but I can se one problem and that is the taxed players getting angry and they decide to destroy your city

Blackmore22
02-25-2011, 04:38 AM
Ofcourse a nation could simply attack you, take your terriorty, but if you have a massive empire, and the mountain yours, that war would rage for days if not weeks, considering renegade armies would fight and resist control, lamost like a mountain empire, holding off, baricadeing, etc. until reinforcments arrive from other allied factions, and then the mountain can be retake, this would have to be a heavily armed/fortified city, with power that is unimaginable.

data2.0
04-02-2011, 10:24 PM
It would be good to be able to build an economic empire and not have to expand through conquering, focusing your military on more defense. how about turning your city into a trade hub where the surrounding groups send all their trade through and you profit from it.

DeathAdder
04-08-2011, 04:24 AM
I like the idea of tax and having a powerful economic nation, it reminds me of Terry Pratchett's Ankh-Morpork where rather than have massive powerful armies, they would just have every other nation so much in debt that they owned all their armies weapons and armour.