PDA

View Full Version : Single player available without MMO account?

Wizaerd
02-22-2011, 12:04 PM
If someone were only interested in the single player aspects, and./or messing around with the editor, will we still need to have a valid MMO account setup? Or will we be able to pop the disk in and start playing immediately?

Dracus
02-22-2011, 02:11 PM
If someone were only interested in the single player aspects, and./or messing around with the editor, will we still need to have a valid MMO account setup? Or will we be able to pop the disk in and start playing immediately?

Q: Will there be a monthly fee?
A: Nope. Dawn of Fantasy is free-to-play online.

Please read the FAQ before posting. Its stickied in this same forum. The game will also have its stand alone single player. The Kingdoms online feature is optional.
T

Wizaerd
02-22-2011, 02:56 PM
Q: Will there be a monthly fee?
A: Nope. Dawn of Fantasy is free-to-play online.

Please read the FAQ before posting. Its stickied in this same forum. The game will also have its stand alone single player. The Kingdoms online feature is optional.
T

That was not the question I asked, nowhere did I mention money. I asked if it required an account (free or otherwise) in order to play it.

Dracus
02-22-2011, 03:28 PM
That was not the question I asked, nowhere did I mention money. I asked if it required an account (free or otherwise) in order to play it.

Fair enough, however, if the account is free whats the problem with making one if its needed?

Neutral884nz
02-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Fair enough, however, if the account is free whats the problem with making one if its needed?

Maybe if someone doesn't have access to the internet for whatever reason and can't create an account, they could still play singleplayer.

Kaos90
02-23-2011, 12:55 AM
No i dont see a reason why you would need one for offline

Dolas
02-23-2011, 05:38 AM
I agree, if making an account is free, why should you care? However, if they only require you to log in for the online portion of the game, they can make the single player mode work offline. I don't know if they did this or not, but it would be nice if your internet ever goes down for some reason and yet you can still play some DoF. However, I don't think they did this, because watching the game-play video, I did not see the player log in once...so :(

WoOpin
02-23-2011, 09:47 AM
I agree, if making an account is free, why should you care? However, if they only require you to log in for the online portion of the game, they can make the single player mode work offline. I don't know if they did this or not, but it would be nice if your internet ever goes down for some reason and yet you can still play some DoF. However, I don't think they did this, because watching the game-play video, I did not see the player log in once...so :(

Yeah I like how Two Worlds II did the account system worked pretty well.

LiTos456
02-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Yes, you will be able to do it.
Setting up an MMO account is very easy too. You'll probably do it just because you can - but other than that you can mess around whereever. And there's no pay once you have the game, so MMO is really just an integral part of the game that I think everyone will participate in, at least to some extent.

qdraxter
02-27-2011, 11:23 AM
single player suck

Wizaerd
02-28-2011, 11:11 AM
single player suck

multiplayer suck

Konstantin Fomenko
02-28-2011, 05:36 PM
To confirm - most likely - you`ll only need to register/login - if you plan to play MMORTS game mode- Online Kingdom.

For Kingdom Wars, Skirmish, Scenario Editor - no online account - or even internet connection is required.

However - here`s the catch - the game needs to be updated via Updater - so you won`t be able to get the patches e.t.c if you don`t have internet connection.

Novakiller
05-10-2011, 04:34 PM
from what i read it seems like the singleplayer option is there, but you might be limited to just siege warfare or no city building, but i could be wrong, but thats what the features page seems like it said to me, for which if thats the case, then you'll miss big portions of the game if you dont take the game in the online world.

Am I Wrong?

Domgordo
05-11-2011, 02:04 PM
What is currently not in this topic: You need an Beta Key to start the game, so simple downloading and play offline is not makeable, i think some try to do this (But this is already written in the Downloadtread in the forum).