PDA

View Full Version : heroes

mrsnow327
02-14-2011, 12:29 AM
is there going to be heroes which players can use for battles and if so will haveing certine heroes give benifits

Smikis
02-14-2011, 08:49 AM
suppose generals might fit game more, and highly skilled veteran units instead of heroes

acepilot23
02-16-2011, 08:31 PM
Perhaps a system of inspiring morale, stronger and more experienced generals gain stats as they preform and inspire others in certain areas. Ex: General fights many calvary during a fight. Gains X amount of points towards anti calvary influence.

arthas242
02-16-2011, 08:50 PM
maybe make hero unit a wizard

Kaos90
02-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Perhaps a system of inspiring morale, stronger and more experienced generals gain stats as they preform and inspire others in certain areas. Ex: General fights many calvary during a fight. Gains X amount of points towards anti calvary influence.

Seems like a total war type of system but i can't see that being applied in this game

qdraxter
02-27-2011, 12:28 PM
i am herow ...i saved a hamster

Dolas
02-27-2011, 01:29 PM
Some questions taken from the FAQ:

Q: What is the Online Kingdom mode?
A: The Online Kingdom mode is Dawn of Fantasy's main game mode. In this mode, players are pitted against each other in a unique, massively multiplayer persistent environment. This mode revolves around a player's Homeland territory, which can be built in one of nine regions across the game world of Mythador. Players will develop their homeland from a couple buildings, villagers, and a hero unit to a massive empire complete with layers of heavy walls and keeps, a complex economy, and a number of armies and trade caravans wandering the game world. To develop this city, players can gather resources, construct various buildings, recruit new units, and research powerful upgrades and new abilities. The Online Kingdom mode also introduces an exciting, story-driven campaign which introduces the player to the vast lore that the game was built upon. Players will control heroes that can talk to NPC advisors and merchants for new quests and purchases. In addition to the largely PvE (Player versus Environment) campaign, Online Kingdom players can form alliances and lay siege on one another to reign supreme.

Q: Can my hero fight and die like other units?
A: Yes, your hero is an elite military unit. He can die, but can be resurrected at your Homeland as he is needed to interact with NPCs.

and this is taken from dawn of fantasy heaven here (http://dof.heavengames.com/features/interviews/ask-the-revrsquo-devs/):

Q: How many heroes are there per faction? How powerful are they? Are they more like AoM heroes or BFME2 heroes?
A: We plan to have many heroes per faction. Each hero has several special abilities that the player manually uses (unlike automatic in AoM). I donít know about BFME2 heroes; I never played BFME2 (or 1).

I hope this clears up some of your questions :)

Polluxo
02-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Awesome, anyone know how many abilities each hero has? Will they have an ultimate skill as well? (Thinking in terms of DoTA)