PDA

View Full Version : Carrying Your Army Over

The Witch King of Angmar
06-03-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey I heard in the video that if you win or something online your army gets carried over into the next online match or something. What is this all about? Just wondering.

Thanks

jap88
06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
From what i know online play is persistent. Everything that you build and the armies you create will be there still the next time that you log in. Of course, thats what i know thus far :P

Konstantin Fomenko
06-05-2007, 08:19 AM
It`s quite simple really:
-Whatever units you have after the end of the game, will be there (all healed up) at the end of the game.
-Your town will also be transfered as is, and damage to the walls e.t.c from the last siege will be fixed.
-On the peace of land which you own, any changes to it`s terrain will also be persistent - if you cut down that big forest it`s not coming back.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-05-2007, 01:20 PM
-On the peace of land which you own, any changes to it`s terrain will also be persistent - if you cut down that big forest it`s not coming back.

So your army, castle as well as your plot of land is all carried
over to your next game then?

Konstantin Fomenko
06-05-2007, 11:50 PM
It is. All the wall breaches will have repairs started on them (takes couple of minutes into the next game to finish), all units will be healed and repositioned in formations inside your town too.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-06-2007, 05:03 AM
It is. All the wall breaches will have repairs started on them (takes couple of minutes into the next game to finish), all units will be healed and repositioned in formations inside your town too.

Woah thats pretty cool.

PS So if no one attacked you the whole game and then you quit the game you will get your fully upgraded base and all in the next game?

Thanks

Sharku
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
-On the peace of land which you own, any changes to it`s terrain will also be persistent - if you cut down that big forest it`s not coming back.Could that forest possibly grow back?

jap88
07-16-2007, 09:32 AM
A forest could only grow back if there were seeds to grow from, since there aren't any trees to produce such i wouldn't imagine a forest could grow back on it's own unless trees could somehow be planted.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-16-2007, 12:03 PM
A forest could only grow back if there were seeds to grow from, since there aren't any trees to produce such i wouldn't imagine a forest could grow back on it's own unless trees could somehow be planted.

Maybe peasents or farmers have the ability to plant things like trees.

Irish_PXzyan
07-17-2007, 07:48 AM
Hows about something like the Settlers 4?? you could make a foresters Hut who go out and plant trees while your woodcutters cut them down and produce what they do best.

I loved that idea for The Settler! ;)

Sharku
07-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Hows about something like the Settlers 4?? you could make a foresters Hut who go out and plant trees while your woodcutters cut them down and produce what they do best.

I loved that idea for The Settler! ;)That sounds like a really good idea

Ryan Zelazny
07-17-2007, 05:08 PM
or you know... you could just destroy your neighbors and salvage their buildings and corpses for resources... :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
07-17-2007, 05:09 PM
or you know... you could just destroy your neighbors and salvage their buildings and corpses for resources... :rolleyes:

Man you guys love the corpse looting thing :rolleyes:.

Konstantin Fomenko
07-24-2007, 09:41 AM
Man you guys love the corpse looting thing :rolleyes:.

Hah, yes we certainly do.

Not only it makes for quite a spectacle:
...rain, thunder in the distance, sad flute melody playing, field with hundreds of corpses, blood, mud, and fires burning here and there...
And here you come in and use this as a hay farm field:)

But this also has a huge impact on gameplay.

Just think about it - every two of your units which enemy kills gets them a unit of their own. As a result - we expect to see:
-fewer, but much more epic battles players will be careful to only start a battle if they think they can win, or have no other choice.
-from time to time even 1 battle which will decided fate of the game. 3 players on 1 side and 3 on the other, 6,0000 units total after 10 minute build-up, come to face each other. Hell yeah:)
-and this renders any "unit spawning", or other mass production strategies useless.

Anyhow back to the topic of carrying your army and land. Yeah - what is the best way to grow the trees back? Would you rather see this done automatically, or have some tree-planting feature? Like a forester building?

SPARROW94
07-24-2007, 01:38 PM
so just another question i think i read this some where else but aint orc the best corpse looting faction?? if so kick @$$

entvex
07-24-2007, 02:27 PM
Just think about it - every two of your units which enemy kills gets them a unit of their own. As a result - we expect to see:
-fewer, but much more epic battles – players will be careful to only start a battle if they think they can win, or have no other choice.
-from time to time even 1 battle which will decided fate of the game. 3 players on 1 side and 3 on the other, 6,0000 units total after 10 minute build-up, come to face each other. Hell yeah:)
-and this renders any "unit spawning", or other mass production strategies useless.

UHUUHUH I can't wait for this game :D :D:D

jap88
07-24-2007, 02:48 PM
The villagers or whatever the main builder/gathering unit is called should be able to reforest, tress don't just reappear by themselves. It would also be able to have some tactical purposes as well.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-25-2007, 08:04 AM
The villagers or whatever the main builder/gathering unit is called should be able to reforest, tress don't just reappear by themselves. It would also be able to have some tactical purposes as well.

Yeah I like that idea better especially if your elves you could plant trees by your enemies base then hide your troopss in them to ambush people.

SPARROW94
07-25-2007, 12:22 PM
yeah but with that idea witchking if i was agaisnt you i would just bring my orc shamon (the orc faction sorcerer) and burn all your trees MUAHAHAHAHA

The Witch King of Angmar
07-25-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah but with that idea witchking if i was agaisnt you i would just bring my orc shamon (the orc faction sorcerer) and burn all your trees MUAHAHAHAHA

Yeah but by then with the amount of archers I would have you would be dead before you got 200 feet within reach of me.

WhiteHawk
07-26-2007, 01:41 PM
Burning trees will be great. It will probably give you such a tremendous feeling of POWER. =P

Unfortunately it's not all that stealthy.
I wonder how long it will be before people will start accusing other players of arson.

SPARROW94
07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah but by then with the amount of archers I would have you would be dead before you got 200 feet within reach of me.

THEN I BRING MY ORC/TROLL ARMY TO KILL YOU AND BRING YOUR PITTYFUL TREES AND WALLS DOWN MUAHAHAHAHAHA

jap88
07-27-2007, 03:33 PM
And then i'll own while you guys are fighting i'll plant a forest around the area and lay thousands of archers around the outside, then when you come burn it down you all get owned :cool:

But i would like to see people being able to plant trees for practical and strategic purposes, and of course burning forests down. Also invading armies should be able to set fire to buildings outside the enemy town i think like pillaging.

The Witch King of Angmar
07-27-2007, 04:55 PM
And then i'll own while you guys are fighting i'll plant a forest around the area and lay thousands of archers around the outside, then when you come burn it down you all get owned :cool:

But i would like to see people being able to plant trees for practical and strategic purposes, and of course burning forests down. Also invading armies should be able to set fire to buildings outside the enemy town i think like pillaging.

In that case though I would want to be evil because I like burning things. :)

SPARROW94
07-27-2007, 07:40 PM
no im evil i got the evil laugh muahahahahaha besides me and you can TEAM UP TO BRING DOWN THE MENICE WE ONLY KNOW AS JAP88

Ndition
08-19-2007, 05:46 AM
Hah, yes we certainly do.

Not only it makes for quite a spectacle:
...rain, thunder in the distance, sad flute melody playing, field with hundreds of corpses, blood, mud, and fires burning here and there...
And here you come in and use this as a hay farm field:)

But this also has a huge impact on gameplay.

-fewer, but much more epic battles players will be careful to only start a battle if they think they can win, or have no other choice.

Anyhow back to the topic of carrying your army and land. Yeah - what is the best way to grow the trees back? Would you rather see this done automatically, or have some tree-planting feature? Like a forester building?

How about taking prisoners or execute the inhabitants of the conquered place?

frankein_fish
08-19-2007, 12:16 PM
How about taking prisoners or execute the inhabitants of the conquered place?

thats a little bit to evil:D

Ndition
08-19-2007, 12:39 PM
thats a little bit to evil:D

That's how we like it :rolleyes:

The Witch King of Angmar
08-19-2007, 04:50 PM
That's how we like it :rolleyes:

Lol. That sounds pretty cool to me.

Ndition
08-20-2007, 06:23 AM
Not to forget to crucify or have impaled peasants as a decoration or something like that :P

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Not to forget to crucify or have impaled peasants as a decoration or something like that :P

Lol you really are evil. :p

Konstantin Fomenko
08-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Quite a few spells from the Fire school of magic will have this effect. Additionally archers with fire arrows would be able to set a forest ablaze as-well, very similar to what they done in BftME 2. We hope to make this tactic more common though.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Quite a few spells from the Fire school of magic will have this effect. Additionally archers with fire arrows would be able to set a forest ablaze as-well, very similar to what they done in BftME 2. We hope to make this tactic more common though.

Man what other magic books are there?

Konstantin Fomenko
08-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Air, Water, Earth - the usual. However, our magic system is quite different. I can`t give this away, but I`ll post description of one spell for you guys....actually, I am starting a new post about this in General Discussion.

frankein_fish
08-26-2007, 08:41 AM
Hey i have a question if your castle and army follow from one game to a another then whats gona happend if you face a first time player will it be some time limit before u are allowed to attack or what :confused: :confused:

SPARROW94
08-26-2007, 08:48 AM
Hey i have a question if your castle and army follow from one game to a another then whats gona happend if you face a first time player will it be some time limit before u are allowed to attack or what :confused: :confused:
lol another new guy...dont worry dude its going have this thing so you will be parteered with guy thats the same as you

frankein_fish
08-26-2007, 08:55 AM
New. Just to make this said i have been reading every posts here and i have been a member on rtscommunity for a time now

jap88
08-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Theres a system to balance that out so not to worry. It has to do with levels. IE: 2 level 4 guys could take on 8 level one guys, 4 level 2, or whatever combination of things that add up to the same level.

The Witch King of Angmar
08-26-2007, 11:22 AM
Theres a system to balance that out so not to worry. It has to do with levels. IE: 2 level 4 guys could take on 8 level one guys, 4 level 2, or whatever combination of things that add up to the same level.

If played right, the higher level guys could still pwn the noobs. :p

The Witch King of Angmar
08-26-2007, 11:23 AM
New. Just to make this said i have been reading every posts here and i have been a member on rtscommunity for a time now

Hey frankein fish nice to have you here.

frankein_fish
08-26-2007, 11:42 AM
I say the same to you:D

SPARROW94
08-26-2007, 01:27 PM
HOW ABOUT MEEEE id like to be welcomed :p

The Witch King of Angmar
08-26-2007, 05:46 PM
HOW ABOUT MEEEE id like to be welcomed :p

I already sent you a message that you never replied to. What more do you want? OK here you go, welcome back SPARROW94!

SPARROW94
08-26-2007, 06:54 PM
lol welcom back TWKOA

The Witch King of Angmar
08-27-2007, 03:23 PM
lol welcom back TWKOA

Thanks but heck I never left. Lol. :D Unfortunatly though, tomorrow will be the last day of my summer vacation and I wion't be on as much. I will get home at like 3:00 Eastern Time and since I am taking no study hall for extra credits, I will have alot more homework. I will still be on now but hey Sparrow this is your chance to become post leader once again. Lol.

SPARROW94
08-27-2007, 07:50 PM
you can leave it to me TWKOA tehehe

The Witch King of Angmar
08-28-2007, 10:29 AM
you can leave it to me TWKOA tehehe

"I don't think so." -Mace Windu, Star Wars Episode II :D

SPARROW94
08-28-2007, 05:14 PM
"F is for friendship to do stuff together, U is for you and me, N is for anywhere and any time at all." -SpongeBob, Season 2

Darvin
08-28-2007, 11:10 PM
I prefer the plankton version of that song :-P

But anyways, do you think this has gone enough off-topic yet to merit closing?

SPARROW94
08-29-2007, 01:21 PM
And to stay on topic if any new people see this please use the ******** ****** ***** *** ******* search buttain ( please excuse the spelling)>>>

The Witch King of Angmar
08-29-2007, 05:09 PM
I prefer the plankton version of that song :-P

But anyways, do you think this has gone enough off-topic yet to merit closing?

Ok back on. So say you're going against a noob and just play around with him and build a giant super huge upgraded army. Will that army be in the next game you play? That could be used to people's advantages alot.

SPARROW94
08-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes Already Have You Watched The Video Shaheeeesh

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 11:35 AM
Ok back on. So say you're going against a noob and just play around with him and build a giant super huge upgraded army. Will that army be in the next game you play? That could be used to people's advantages alot.

Yes Witch King, in the MMO version will keep the army you have created in the previous game. However the system will prevent you from fighting someone who is below your level without them having a teammate(s) to back them up.

Ndition
08-30-2007, 11:55 AM
So can the low levels attack some high level dude, I mean 2 medium levels against 1 high level wouldn't that be quite unbalanced?

Ryan Zelazny
08-30-2007, 12:08 PM
So can the low levels attack some high level dude, I mean 2 medium levels against 1 high level wouldn't that be quite unbalanced?

Thats the basic principle yes, although we will have to playtest this out before the release of the game.

Ndition
08-30-2007, 12:15 PM
Thats the basic principle yes, although we will have to playtest this out before the release of the game.

I see, but it can be quite hard to play against two other people even if youre quite strong yourself I mean they can come up with some pretty nice strategies.

crex719
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Maybe then...2 Meds vs a High and an Newbie?

Ndition
08-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Maybe then...2 Meds vs a High and an Newbie?

That could go, I hope they implent VOIP in the game or maybe teamspeak support so that you could join a teamspeak server ingame and maybe invite the "newbie" because it can be quite harsh to prepare your tactics etc if you have to type it.

crex719
08-30-2007, 12:42 PM
Idk the typing ability worked quite well in the BFME series

The Witch King of Angmar
08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Idk the typing ability worked quite well in the BFME series

Yeah I really liked that because if something was going to happen I had told my partner or had been told in advance.

SPARROW94
08-30-2007, 07:55 PM
lol typing...

Ndition
08-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot that theres a flashy thing in almost every rts game.