PDA

View Full Version : Humans?!

Incivility
02-11-2011, 04:07 PM
I just had a thought, are all the humans in game going to be white? I think it would be awesome to have a mix of skin tones for them. Just food for thought.

Tadian
02-11-2011, 04:15 PM
For me it doesn't matter... but it could be nice to have some variations though.

Incivility
02-11-2011, 04:19 PM
Same here, I don't think it's a problem either way. But It would add another bit of realism to it. Which is never a bad thing.

Relee
02-11-2011, 04:50 PM
Oh that's an interesting idea. Though it might be better if you could pick between having a single race or a mixed race kingdom. Like, you could have a single race like the Greeks or Egyptians or a mixed race like America or Canada.

Amoroth
02-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Mixed race of humans is good idea, it would be nice to have some other skin tones then only white.

Azrael
03-28-2011, 10:02 PM
It will be more realistic I think, nice idea =)

Alex Walz
03-31-2011, 12:24 AM
All of our men are relatively pale. The thing to keep in mind is that our game is set in the world of Mythador, not Earth. Instead of having men spread out across a world, DOF's men are pretty centralized in a single geographical area and therefore, there's no biological reasoning behind mixed skin tones. And since the rest of the race of men is based off of medieval Europe, our humans are most reminiscent of the much more monotonous culture of the time.

With that said, you'll see skin tones more varied in the Elves and the Orcs which are more culturally and geographically spread out.

WarriorKing
04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Oh that's an interesting idea. Though it might be better if you could pick between having a single race or a mixed race kingdom. Like, you could have a single race like the Greeks or Egyptians or a mixed race like America or Canada.

Americans cant be mixed with canadiens! But fear their sword style in acient ages :D

Loborob
04-22-2011, 12:38 AM
I like the idea of mixed skins:( oh well

Ciprian
04-26-2011, 04:02 AM
would be better

Liva98989
04-27-2011, 01:05 PM
Well i like the idea of the skintones, but i wonder. The workers you got, can they be women, or is there no women in the game ((in the human race)):o

click0230
04-27-2011, 04:33 PM
it would be nice to have different colors... for a gameplay :) :p :confused:

kentbrack
04-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Sounds like a nice idea with a mix ^.^

Boulway
04-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Maybe it gets to heavy for the grafics cache if you take to much human skin colors?

Wayne
04-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Maybe it gets to heavy for the grafics cache if you take to much human skin colors?

I dont think so.

WarriorKing
05-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Im quite happy to even reconize what unit i try to selcet with current grafics. I wonder that you people dont care about creating a own flag or similar stuff like this instead of skin colours on little units.

And why my peseant cant have red shoes instead of brown :rolleyes:

WarriorKing
05-01-2011, 02:58 PM
Around medieval europe ages, cant think of any Kingdom or black people empires then Egypt all other where little tribes around africa as far my history knowledge says.

If you want brown instead black now then just let all white turn into brown guys in summer ;)

Kahotep
07-23-2011, 09:39 AM
Sorry for the necro, but while browsing through the forums I felt obligated to respond to this:

Around medieval europe ages, cant think of any Kingdom or black people empires then Egypt all other where little tribes around africa as far my history knowledge says.

Ancient Egypt wasn't the only black civilization even though they were the most influential on the rest of the world. There was also Nubia, Mali, Great Zimbabwe, Aksum, various Swahili states on the southeastern coastline, Oyo, Asanteman, and Bakongo to name a few.

As for the OP, I for one would appreciate the human faction being based on a culture other than trite old medieval Europe. Having the humans be black and have a culture based on Africa would be a novel idea as black people have always been scarce in RTS games. Thankfully the game is supposed to be highly moddable, so making a black human faction would be possible.

ash12181987
07-23-2011, 03:55 PM
Well i like the idea of the skintones, but i wonder. The workers you got, can they be women, or is there no women in the game ((in the human race)):o

Why not? It worked so well for the Athenians... and the spartans... and many persians... and some nubians...

GPS51
07-23-2011, 04:04 PM
There are male/female workers for humans and elves.

theinternetman
07-28-2011, 05:33 PM
All of our men are relatively pale. The thing to keep in mind is that our game is set in the world of Mythador, not Earth. Instead of having men spread out across a world, DOF's men are pretty centralized in a single geographical area and therefore, there's no biological reasoning behind mixed skin tones. And since the rest of the race of men is based off of medieval Europe, our humans are most reminiscent of the much more monotonous culture of the time.

With that said, you'll see skin tones more varied in the Elves and the Orcs which are more culturally and geographically spread out.

All I'm going to say....

http://www.nymbp.org/reference/WhitePrivilege.pdf