PDA

View Full Version : Races

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I was wondering what you all thought of for some new races? There are the regulars I can think of we can add like demons, undead, and dwarves. Then there are some things you don't usually see or something unique:

1. An avion race that would be like bird people they would be able to fly of course. Maybe you could have you troops fly up on trees and they would have a greater vision. Also many of there troops would be able to pick up troops with there talons and drop them. You could have a troop that could ride an ostrich like creature. There base would probaly be a giant tree. enemies seigeing them would have to climb up the tree or they could try and burn parts. Not all birds live in nests so you could have burrows were some of you people could live. They would have a hatchery were the chicks would grow and peasants could go for protection if they were under attack

2. Gnomes those would be cool and they aren't just tinkerers if you have ever played a game called runescape, they have gnomes "which are these little green guys who alwasy wear pointy hats" They don't tinker actually they are sorta like the traditional elves they live in trees and use bows and arrows. They also ride theys big birds called terrorbirds and fly around gliders. The gnome city would have wooden walls with some trees holding up diffrent buildings. There would be a ranch like thing were they would hold any mounts. Possibly if you wanted you could have diffrent tech trees. A nature like gnomes or the techno gnomes. And remeber Techno doesn't have to be futuristic gadgets I'm sure gnomes would be very good craftsmen with wood.

3. I think aquatic people would be cool. You could put your buildings underwater or in marshes. They should be able to tame and ride seamonsters. You could have frog like poeple as your peasents. The city would have the lower class things like farms or houses above water possibly in marshes and palaces and such in the water. The buildings under water would not to deep or maybe they could have platforms were they could submerge or unsubmerge. You would want the whole town to be seigeable and be able to be attacked by melee troops as well of course.

What ideas do the rest of you have?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Personally, I'm fine with what they have right now.

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Personally, I'm fine with what they have right now.

Yea but these are for like future expansions and the 2nd 1 wouldn't some new races be nice?

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 04:06 PM
Yea but these are for like future expansions and the 2nd 1 wouldn't some new races be nice?

Undead or dwarfs (independent from Men ATM) are apparently the "most likely" races to appear in future expansions or w/e, and yes new races would be nice...but with new races comes the issue of disruption that very fine, sacred...and almighty: Balance! Oh mighty balance would have to be implemented to make sure new races follow the rules...and of course can take time :).

Some nice ideas though, but runescape? Lol no offense but you must of been desperate to play that game :p. (coming from someone who played it till lvl 78 *cough* xD)

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Undead or dwarfs (independent from Men ATM) are apparently the "most likely" races to appear in future expansions or w/e :).

Some nice ideas though, but runescape? Lol no offense but you must of been desperate to play that game :p

*GASP* Of course I don't play runescape anymore!

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 04:13 PM
Haha good good :P. BTW welcome to the forums ^^

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Haha good good :P. BTW welcome to the forums ^^

Thankk you for the welcome. Also don't forget you can have some completely unique ideas. Power to the purple flying hipopatumas race!

Puppeteer
04-14-2008, 02:08 PM
lol, Age of Mythology fan I see :D
I think the Gnome, Avion race and Elves are too similar. The Dwarves (ugh) and Undead (smitten :)) are most likely to be inputted in DoF2. But DoF1 first! Must not get ahead of ourselves.

Tbeaz161
04-14-2008, 02:22 PM
lol, Age of Mythology fan I see :D
I think the Gnome, Avion race and Elves are too similar. The Dwarves (ugh) and Undead (smitten :)) are most likely to be inputted in DoF2. But DoF1 first! Must not get ahead of ourselves.

The avions and gnomes may seem alike but I bet if you go into depth they are quite diffrent

welshie
04-14-2008, 05:53 PM
well for starters i think you got the gnome race all wrong, they shouldnt be like elves what so ever. They should be tinkers 'Should not be just tinkers' would take the fun outa the gnomes. Geneticaly tiny yet massive ideas and constructions.

But i only think other races that should be added are dwarves and maybe undead just because they have their own style set them appart from other races such as the undead being all dark and misurable. Yet dwarves proud and a honorable race. In a fantasy i dont want 'Which race shall i be a ranger elf type forest lord or a gnome ranger trype forest lord?'

Tbeaz161
04-14-2008, 06:03 PM
well for starters i think you got the gnome race all wrong, they shouldnt be like elves what so ever. They should be tinkers 'Should not be just tinkers' would take the fun outa the gnomes. Geneticaly tiny yet massive ideas and constructions.

But i only think other races that should be added are dwarves and maybe undead just because they have their own style set them appart from other races such as the undead being all dark and misurable. Yet dwarves proud and a honorable race. In a fantasy i dont want 'Which race shall i be a ranger elf type forest lord or a gnome ranger trype forest lord?'

Well I wasn't saying they can't be tinkers I was saying they don't have to be tinkerers

Darvin
04-14-2008, 06:12 PM
One of the problems I have with a lot of fantasy (novels, movies, games, you name it) is this "epicitis" syndrome that seems to permeate everything. Right now, DoF is avoiding this quite nicely (one of the reasons I like it so much) and I certainly don't want to see it go the other way.

Games like WoW and D&D have made the unbelievable outrageous so distinctive to the fantasy genre that people just presume that that's the way it is. There are fantasy settings where races of winged bird-people is a ludicrous notion, and demons are rare and powerful things that you're unlikely to ever encounter. I find steam punk particularly obnoxious.

I think dwarves are good, and undead at a stretch is also fine. Demons is just way out there. I think that by making demons common-place, Warcraft butchered its universe and story. These are the kind of things that should be seen as the ultimate, rarely if ever seen power, not a whole faction. Beyond my complaints with aerial races, aquatic races have serious balance issues in that they are either severely overpowered on water maps, or severely underpowered on landlocked maps, and there's no in between. After all, how can a race whose very defining feature is an advantage on water be balanced for both scenarios? Finally, steam punk has no place in a feudal setting. I think there are really cool steam punk fantasy settings, but you can't go mixing it with a feudal European fantasy.

borbask
04-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I also would be glad to see other races in addon. Undead and dwarves are missed by me. Anyway everything is OK with DoF:)

Tbeaz161
04-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Darvin for a response to your concerns about the aquatic people being over powered or under powered in there terrain I don't know if you know but when you join a map a peice of map will be randomly generated to fit your races play style.

Jean=A=Luc
04-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Darvin for a response to your concerns about the aquatic people being over powered or under powered in there terrain I don't know if you know but when you join a map a peice of map will be randomly generated to fit your races play style.

That doesn't solve any of the issue he mentioned. You won't be playing against yourself.

Tbeaz161
04-15-2008, 01:00 PM
well I'm sure they would balance it some how :P

Darvin
04-15-2008, 01:20 PM
How do you balance out someone whose very defining advantage is that they are good in water? After all, they will lose out on that defining advantage in any environment devoid of water. How can balance them for these two different situations without removing the advantage?

It's kind of like how everyone ended up massing air units on Warcraft III maps where players were isolated by cliffs. Sure, you could always use the zepplins to transport your units and that worked well for rushes, but late game the mobility of air units had such a HUGE relative advantage on these maps that there was really no other option but to mass them. The air units couldn't be changed, because they were already balanced on "regular" maps which didn't have such serious restrictions on movement by land. The only way it could be fixed was to remove all such maps from ladder play. Similarly, a faction so hopelessly dependent on water for its victories will either be balanced for land maps (making it broken on water maps) or balanced for water maps (making it hopeless on land maps). There is no in between.

Tbeaz161
04-15-2008, 01:29 PM
RTS technacalities hurt my brain :P

Jean=A=Luc
04-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I'd love to see some kind of a merfolk or lizardmen faction but Darvin's right unfortunately.

Even if they ruined the concept of an aquatic race by making it equally good in water and on land other land based races couldn't properly get to them in their water habitat.

Tbeaz161
04-15-2008, 02:44 PM
Does anyone have some ideas for races of there own? They don't have to be able to be in its just for fun

Jean=A=Luc
04-15-2008, 03:05 PM
Does anyone have some ideas for races of there own? They don't have to be able to be in its just for fun

Craab ppl, craaab ppl, talk like maaan, walk like craaab...crab ppl, cr... :p

Sharku
04-15-2008, 04:07 PM
If I remember correctly there were 4 other races to be added to DoF. They were a Dwarven race, and Undead race, and Amphibious Race, and a Minotaur Race. The Undead and Amphibians apparently had to many balancing problems but the Dwarves and Minotaurs will be expansion races.

Tbeaz161
04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
Why would undead haveing balanceing issues:confused:

Ryan Zelazny
04-16-2008, 10:51 AM
The only one we had balancing issues with was the amphibian race.

Undead was to be a very different play style than regular, as you would have limited natural units and you would have to depend mainly on magic and turning the enemy's corpses against them, which isn't necessarily a balancing issue, but a challenge to make it work.

Dwarves and Minotaurs are fairly straight forward as far as balancing goes, and we actually have the most concept done on these two races. However I believe the consensus in the team is to have Dwarves and Undead as the next two races.

Tbeaz161
04-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Thats cool the undead sound pretty intresting.

Puppeteer
04-16-2008, 12:14 PM
You don't have to limit yourself to just 2 factions for the next release of game/expansion. The Minotaur/Beast faction could be implemented.
My only qualms about the amphibian race/lizard race is that the water aspect would have to be a minor part as on water maps they'd excel, but, as in most cases in RTS, naval combat is underused and thus during landbattles they would have a distinct disadvantage, else they would be not balanced/realistic (in terms of amphibian, possibily humanoid, creatures ;)). The lizard aspect would be restricted with the Dragon faction's implied affiliation to reptiles and so it would be hard to be original for their style of gameplay and units, however the Dragon faction is yet to be seen...
Undead has so many possibilities and can be represented in so many different styles of gameplay...

LordSlayer
04-17-2008, 03:34 PM
Minataurs, that seems interesting, as long as they aren't only big huge guys with big clubs beating the cr** out of any thing they can reach.

Neotyguy40
04-17-2008, 04:14 PM
Minataurs, that seems interesting, as long as they aren't only big huge guys with big clubs beating the cr** out of any thing they can reach.

What other kind of minotaurs are there? Rofl...

Jean=A=Luc
04-17-2008, 06:23 PM
Dwarves and Undead will make for great expansion races imo. :)

borbask
04-18-2008, 02:51 AM
Dwarfs and undead in the expanison:)
Sounds cool:):D

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 05:22 PM
What other kind of minotaurs are there? Rofl...

Let's hope they find another one because if the race only as 3 units (basic minotaur, bigger minotaur and the biggest and angriest minotaur you've ever seen) then that makes a pretty borring race.

Jean=A=Luc
04-23-2008, 05:35 PM
Let's hope they find another one because if the race only as 3 units (basic minotaur, bigger minotaur and the biggest and angriest minotaur you've ever seen) then that makes a pretty borring race.

What about Cowbell? :p

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 06:13 PM
What about Cowbell? :p

... and what are those supposed to bring to the game?

Jean=A=Luc
04-23-2008, 06:39 PM
... and what are those supposed to bring to the game?

Well, they're like female minotaurs...or sumthin.

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, they're like female minotaurs...or sumthin.

Lol? Female minotaurs aren't cows... They are like minotaurs except... Hmm, I never really imagined a female minotaur.

Jean=A=Luc
04-24-2008, 06:21 AM
Lol? Female minotaurs aren't cows... They are like minotaurs except... Hmm, I never really imagined a female minotaur.

Minotaurs are humanoid half bulls so their female equivalent would be humanoid half cows (think Tauren in WoW). I was referring to all those furry and wow-based images of such 'humanoid cows' and the popular 'needs more cowbell' meme. It was a joke, I thought it was obvious.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:35 PM
Minotaurs are humanoid half bulls so their female equivalent would be humanoid half cows (think Tauren in WoW). I was referring to all those furry and wow-based images of such 'humanoid cows' and the popular 'needs more cowbell' meme. It was a joke, I thought it was obvious.

Let's hope they don't copy the taurents. I thing they really need to be a kind of Minoen people (they should have a complex social hierarchy).

The Witch King of Angmar
04-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Maybe like dwarves so you can't tell between male and female.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe like dwarves so you can't tell between male and female.

You can tell between male and female dwarves !! The males have 1.5 meters long beards and the females (usually) don't.

Neotyguy40
04-24-2008, 10:37 PM
You can tell between male and female dwarves !! The males have 1.5 meters long beards and the females (usually) don't.

Well sometimes they do, ever hear of a bearded lady?:eek:

Lycannon
04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
What about mole people? Mole people should be in this game. they could be like the zergs, being able to dig and travel under ground.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 02:16 PM
What about mole people? Mole people should be in this game. they could be like the zergs, being able to dig and travel under ground.

Ok, now your just pushing it... It may be a good idea up to a certain point though.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:17 PM

Maybe the dwarves should be able to tunnel undergroung to move and sap walls :)

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
That'd be awesome. You check on your base to see your walls caving in to dwarves. :D

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:33 PM
That'd be awesome. You check on your base to see your walls caving in to dwarves. :D

And beign annihalated by tons of dwarvens canon balls at the same time!!!

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 02:43 PM
And beign annihalated by tons of dwarvens canon balls at the same time!!!

Dwarves aren't going to multiplayer, only single player until an expansion pack comes out.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm saying when it does.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:44 PM
Dwarves aren't going to multiplayer, only single player until an expansion pack comes out.

We know, but maybe they'll let us use the dwarves in the single player.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 02:54 PM
We know, but maybe they'll let us use the dwarves in the single player.

They will, go to the main website and look at the scripts... You can see some of the part of the first scenario... Go look at it now if you want.

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:58 PM
They will, go to the main website and look at the scripts... You can see some of the part of the first scenario... Go look at it now if you want.

I know but I want to be able to control a dwarven race, not just a few characters.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I know but I want to be able to control a dwarven race, not just a few characters.

I bet there will be more in other scenarios...

LordSlayer
04-26-2008, 05:48 AM
I bet there will be more in other scenarios...

I hope well be able to fight them in the other races campaigns.

Neotyguy40
04-26-2008, 11:38 PM
I hope well be able to fight them in the other races campaigns.

I would like to see an air vs water fight (dragons vs amphibians).

LordSlayer
04-27-2008, 06:24 AM
I would like to see an air vs water fight (dragons vs amphibians).

Wounder if dragons can dive and grab people (or fish people) with their jaws and then fling them away?

Puppeteer
04-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Like Fellbeasts in bfme series. That would look good! Imagine a dragon trying to swoop and pick up some orcs, and an ogre bops it on the head with its club!

Jean=A=Luc
04-27-2008, 10:29 AM
I'm guessing the dragons will be the spellcasters (among other things) for their faction. I prefer the idea of the wise "scholar dragon" over the mindless monster type.

Puppeteer
04-27-2008, 11:17 AM
Like Glauring in Tolkein's books (i think silmarillion or unfinished tales, but whatever) who used deception, treachery and lies to command troops and use the allies against the enemy. That's how he stormed and annihilated Nargothrond (sp)

Toralero
05-05-2008, 05:44 AM
hey? jsut asking wy is ther no Pictors of the Dragons???? i mean whate are ther tropps? they hawe to hawe a few imba units fllyers whates ther infantry you gona do like in WOW and hawe dragonspaw?and ther buildings for the lvoe of god post some of the drags

frankein_fish
05-05-2008, 10:31 AM
uhm well it would help if u could learn better english.
And that question has been up before if not my memory betrays me :rolleyes:

Jean=A=Luc
05-05-2008, 03:07 PM
hey? jsut asking wy is ther no Pictors of the Dragons???? i mean whate are ther tropps? they hawe to hawe a few imba units fllyers whates ther infantry you gona do like in WOW and hawe dragonspaw?and ther buildings for the lvoe of god post some of the drags

Reverie are mostly keeping information about the Dragons to themselves for now since they're "special". We know that their basic infantry/workers will be Drakes, half dragons-half orcs iirc.

Toralero
05-05-2008, 04:12 PM
1 soory for my bad Inglish

aney idea when the game or even a Demo whil be avalbul?

Toralero
05-05-2008, 04:28 PM
ok now to talk about the thread it self wel an Amphibion race(naga from wow???) i thik thate eache race should hawe 3 paths2 follow like in dragons would hawe either2 chose to build some dakrnes altar and get black dragon elite tropps and a black drag hero or a fire altar for the same thign only fire and an ice altar

and fow orcs wel 2 choises one would give them a warlock hero some demonic blooded orcs elites(lol i now i now im copiy WOW)

has for elfs wel....2 or 3 paths? one would be the great arcane wielding elfs the other the more nature Concentrated like Arcane path elite arcane mage units and Sorcerer(es) hero and the Natur would be a druid and some Druid or somethign units?

and the humans whel thate is harder perhapst 2 paths (wel this probabuly wont work because ther whil be undead in some expansion) but one path holy light holy paladin hero hoyl elites and other path would be evil necromancer mage units and necromancers

my ideas probabuly suck :D just bored

Neotyguy40
05-05-2008, 05:23 PM
ok now to talk about the thread it self wel an Amphibion race(naga from wow???) i thik thate eache race should hawe 3 paths2 follow like in dragons would hawe either2 chose to build some dakrnes altar and get black dragon elite tropps and a black drag hero or a fire altar for the same thign only fire and an ice altar

and fow orcs wel 2 choises one would give them a warlock hero some demonic blooded orcs elites(lol i now i now im copiy WOW)

has for elfs wel....2 or 3 paths? one would be the great arcane wielding elfs the other the more nature Concentrated like Arcane path elite arcane mage units and Sorcerer(es) hero and the Natur would be a druid and some Druid or somethign units?

and the humans whel thate is harder perhapst 2 paths (wel this probabuly wont work because ther whil be undead in some expansion) but one path holy light holy paladin hero hoyl elites and other path would be evil necromancer mage units and necromancers

my ideas probabuly suck :D just bored

I wouldn't say your ideas suck... Just, impossible to understand. I can't read what your saying.

Jean=A=Luc
05-05-2008, 05:55 PM
C'mon, it's understandable, you just have to try a little. The ideas are fine but different from what Reverie have decided to do with DoF.

Toralero
05-06-2008, 04:30 AM
wel soory:D

but im saying thate eache race should be abel two build 1 unique building two folow a path for them wich would acopany them for the rest of ther game carrer like im dont but ther whil soposudly be heros in Dof online roght?
eache race should hawe 2 paths just an ideaorc build Demonic altar get a warlock hero and a few demon blood orcs the other path would give them the shaman hero and soem shaman units or something

for elfs whel the all powerful magic arcane elf wif a sorceres hero and some other units and the other path would be a nature tree shrine ? and get a druid hero and some druid enchanted or lesser druid units?

for humans whel the path in my last post sucked.. but they could go either holy light wif a paladin hero and paladin units or evil humans wif necromaner hero and undead units(wel undeads are dead humans semi-revived by human necromancers so)

and once agin my idea whil suck hard agin and o whel im just bored:D:cool:

Neotyguy40
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
wel soory:D

but im saying thate eache race should be abel two build 1 unique building two folow a path for them wich would acopany them for the rest of ther game carrer like im dont but ther whil soposudly be heros in Dof online roght?
eache race should hawe 2 paths just an ideaorc build Demonic altar get a warlock hero and a few demon blood orcs the other path would give them the shaman hero and soem shaman units or something

for elfs whel the all powerful magic arcane elf wif a sorceres hero and some other units and the other path would be a nature tree shrine ? and get a druid hero and some druid enchanted or lesser druid units?

for humans whel the path in my last post sucked.. but they could go either holy light wif a paladin hero and paladin units or evil humans wif necromaner hero and undead units(wel undeads are dead humans semi-revived by human necromancers so)

and once agin my idea whil suck hard agin and o whel im just bored:D:cool:

So are you kind of saying like in shadow the hedgehog how you can choose to be good or bad?

Toralero
05-06-2008, 11:45 PM
yea but bad dosent mean worts means you hawe evil hero and some evil elite tropps (vice versa for God) expect for elfs magic and nature are in the midlle of GvsE

Neotyguy40
05-07-2008, 01:34 PM
I get it now...

Puppeteer
05-08-2008, 01:27 PM
Never! The Undead shall never be associated with those humanoid underlings. Their spark of life is soon to be extinguished, and have no need for their alliance. Men shall not bear the allegiance of the greater force of the Undead!

frankein_fish
05-09-2008, 02:04 AM
Yeah well i dont even think we should even have an undead race................

Jean=A=Luc
05-09-2008, 07:03 AM
Yeah well i dont even think we should even have an undead race................

I'm pretty sure that's how the Undead feel about the 'living' races. ;)

frankein_fish
05-09-2008, 07:22 AM
I'm pretty sure that's how the Undead feel about the 'living' races. ;)

*Sniff* ur probably right tough :p :rolleyes:

fyro11
05-27-2008, 09:17 AM
Wait till the Undead find out about this wretched, squirming 'living' human. :P

frankein_fish
05-27-2008, 01:00 PM
I wonder what an undead would do if he saw sparrow? :cool:

Neotyguy40
05-27-2008, 02:24 PM
I wonder what an undead would do if he saw sparrow? :cool:

He would probably kill his master for bringing him into the world...

Tbeaz161
05-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Do you think they will ever make any races without any humanoid troops? The slime from mars?? :p

fyro11
05-28-2008, 07:00 AM
Do you think they will ever make any races without any humanoid troops? The slime from mars?? :p
I thought Dragons made the grade? Apparently not. :P

Tbeaz161
05-30-2008, 11:20 AM
No dragons have some humanoid troops.

Ryan Zelazny
05-30-2008, 02:47 PM
Probably wont have any non-humanoid races. With the DoF "series" we want to stick to more traditional fantasy. Might have the odd gelatinous cube you encounter, but I don't think we'd make a race of them.

Tbeaz161
05-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Thats fine as long as I get some nice squishy cubes :)

Neotyguy40
06-01-2008, 07:00 AM
I will call it squishy and he shall be mine! And he shall be my squishy!

LordSlayer
06-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Thats fine as long as I get some nice squishy cubes :)

imagine when they first see them :
Human : hum, that is probably the bigggest Jelo cube i have ever seen, wounder how it got here?

The cube suddently lashes out with a sticky pseudopod and sucks the human into it.

Other human guy : Well I don't think i'll be eating jelo anytime soon...

Neotyguy40
06-02-2008, 06:33 PM
imagine when they first see them :
Human : hum, that is probably the bigggest Jelo cube i have ever seen, wounder how it got here?

The cube suddently lashes out with a sticky pseudopod and sucks the human into it.

Other human guy : Well I don't think i'll be eating jelo anytime soon...

They had jello in medieval times?

Ryan Zelazny
06-03-2008, 08:16 AM
could have... it's made from pig hooves. They did have jelly and other pectin/gelatin based things, so it's possible. Though without the modern day processing and piles of sugar it probably wouldn't taste very good.

Ryan Zelazny
06-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Moved Darvin's post on to the "Official" races you want to see thread in Suggestions.

cherbui
06-04-2008, 09:51 AM
here's a dumb question i was wondering ... can ur hero be an orc leading a human army or elvan army ? ^^ :D

Ryan Zelazny
06-04-2008, 10:06 AM
It's not a dumb question, but the answer is no. Your heroes will always be the same race.

LordSlayer
06-04-2008, 02:07 PM
It's not a dumb question, but the answer is no. Your heroes will always be the same race.

Can we chance this setting in custom maps or in games using custom gameplay?

olauwers
06-04-2008, 02:52 PM
I suppose you could change it in scenario's. There, it'd be just a question of choosing the right alignment for a unit.

Darvin
06-04-2008, 05:57 PM
If the map editor is as powerful as they say, you'll definitely be able to do that for a custom scenario.

Sharku
06-14-2008, 03:12 PM
It's not a dumb question, but the answer is no. Your heroes will always be the same race.But maybe the Humans can have one Dwarven hero since there is a Dwarf in the campaign right?

Joseph Visscher
06-15-2008, 09:57 AM
Can we chance this setting in custom maps or in games using custom gameplay?

Yes, heros are just objects in the game and they are created at their rightful building or otherwised spawned when the time is right. If there spawned for another faction there would be no trouble to do so at all. And if you know what your doing, you could make a mod that allows you to build them at what ever building you choose reprogram in the mod.

Oh also, the editor and the editor scripts (when scripted to do so) can change any object's Attributes, such as defense rating, hit rating, armor, amount of health, agility, will, combat experience, and that is just naming some.

olauwers
06-15-2008, 10:28 AM
Oh also, the editor and the editor scripts (when scripted to do so) can change any object's Attributes, such as defense rating, hit rating, armor, amount of health, agility, will, combat experience, and that is just naming some.

Thank you. Really, thank you very much!

sharplion
06-21-2008, 11:17 AM
dwarves ftw !

Bastiaan
06-22-2008, 03:17 AM

coool so we can make super orcs :)

Esculas the Mighty
06-22-2008, 06:54 PM
0.o isnt this game gonna be released soon

anyway bout dwarfs please dont make them anywhere near related to the ones on saga

raving
06-23-2008, 03:57 AM
0.o isnt this game gonna be released soon

anyway bout dwarfs please dont make them anywhere near related to the ones on saga

i think closed beta will start this spring, and closed beta is for forum members :p

Jean=A=Luc
06-23-2008, 05:32 AM
i think closed beta will start this spring, and closed beta is for forum members :p

This spring? You're from the other side of the planet, aren't ya? :p

raving
06-23-2008, 07:52 AM
:p lol i just saw in a post this spring XD and automaticly took it over :o. i ment next spring. :o or maybe if where lucky this winter

ash12181987
06-23-2008, 12:23 PM
Meh, Dwarves are all we need.

Ever.

The Witch King of Angmar
06-23-2008, 07:11 PM
I don't think we will get a beta at least until the new video is released.

raving
06-24-2008, 02:19 AM
think that too, there gonna do alot of commercial effort first before they start beta

Neotyguy40
06-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Ehh, I just hope they don't put ads on TV...

Khyron
06-29-2008, 01:29 AM
TV ads could be useful other than G4 (a gamer chanel in my area), i dont know what channel would be a good investment.

In the game i am hopeing for a tavern building that could allow you to recruite a hero from a different race at an increased cost of course. Tick those tree hugging elves off as your elf is leading the Orc horde in burning down there forest. YA i know that sort of hire an Elf working for Orcs is wrong. More likely that an elf hero is part of a Human force acting as a scoute, possibly against a rival Elven sect. But least of all would be an Orc working for the Elves. Need more world background before i could say anything about the dragons and who they could hire in a tavern.

Aametherar
07-12-2009, 09:07 PM
Ehh, I just hope they don't put ads on TV...

TV and theater ad's are what made WoW what it is (that and blizz fanboys), the game itself doesn't have much merit. I see nothing wrong with TV ad's etc. they bring in new blood, although i'm not sure your average non-gamer can handle jumping into such a competitive genre. Heh sorry bout bumping an old post, just noticed a guest reading it :P. Anyways i'm still hoping for vikings/nords!

I also love the idea of leading heroes from other races. They'd have to be limited being "traitors" but I think that'd be awesome! I'd love to lead an army of orcs on an elven fortress with an elf hero showing them our superior skill.

Darathor
07-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Ads on TV could get people to get the game but you would have to choose carefully as to when and what channels you want them on.

Esculas the Mighty
07-13-2009, 09:15 AM
TV and theater ad's are what made WoW what it is (that and blizz fanboys), the game itself doesn't have much merit. I see nothing wrong with TV ad's etc. they bring in new blood, although i'm not sure your average non-gamer can handle jumping into such a competitive genre. Heh sorry bout bumping an old post, just noticed a guest reading it :P. Anyways i'm still hoping for vikings/nords!

I also love the idea of leading heroes from other races. They'd have to be limited being "traitors" but I think that'd be awesome! I'd love to lead an army of orcs on an elven fortress with an elf hero showing them our superior skill.

lulz mostly blizz fanboys my freind tries to get me to play WoW every other week

SPARROW94
07-13-2009, 01:35 PM
Blizz is good tho.. thats the thing (:

Tbeaz161
08-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Yeah and Blizzard already had quite a big fan base from its previous games. Heres hopeing DoF 2 will have 11 million users. :D

hasdrubal
08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
im still not sure about dragons as a race.unless there city resources is worked differantly i mean what do dargon farmers look like anyway.
dragons will be cool but not as a playable race

new race ideas
elders mages, wizards, warlocks, sorcerers, with an egyptian feel
centaurs think kintaro from mortal combat2
barbarians with a unique build strategy and celtic feel, dwarves, picts,
giants better than bloody dragons farming wheat and reading books
dwarves dwarves and gnomes how original
undead always like the skeleton army, also dead troops convert
vampires maybe u could loose the skeletons and ghosts, FIANA?

well there is some cool alternative to dragons, please dont spiol a good atmosphere with silly dragons

Generation
08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
There are no dragons as a race but as a mercenary unit? I believe so.

Tbeaz161
08-10-2009, 06:38 PM
Were expecting Dragons to come in a future xpack. I think Dragosn would eb great i dont think ive ever played an RTS were dragons were a race. The dragons probaly wouldnt be as silly as youd think they arent all going to be big dragons there gonna ahve thing like people half dragon half humanoid.

Aametherar
08-11-2009, 12:33 AM
They're gonna be draconian-esque really, but calling them "dragon" race makes it unique :P

OrcSlayer
08-11-2009, 03:39 AM
Mabye dragon units in the base game they don't neccieraly have to be mercs
They could say be the leaders of human city

Darathor
08-11-2009, 08:17 AM
That would work. The humans are too stupid to govern themselves properly.:p

Aametherar
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Agreed, them and the elves. We orcs on the other hand know how to handle ourselves. Gather, charge, maim, eat, repeat.

szebus
08-11-2009, 09:07 AM
Gather, charge, maim, eat, repeat.

You have forgot reproduction :p

Aametherar
08-11-2009, 09:12 AM
You have forgot reproduction :p

Dictionary says, See "Gather"