PDA

View Full Version : system requirements for windows 7

Wolverine80
02-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Hello i would like to know what are the minimum and raccomanded system requirements of the game for windows 7,thanks.

Noel Bohac
02-07-2011, 08:34 PM
No definite at the moment, if you where able to sign up for beta thou that gives you a good idea, thou beta requirements are a bit steeper sense we run tracking logs etc slowing down the game a great deal. If your running windows 7 however, it is a good chance you will be able to run our game. (Video card not included in that statement ;) ) win7 min requirements are pretty steep as it is, if you game most likely you are there.

Just keep on checking in once and awhile, soon we will have something to share.

-Noel

jasont21
02-08-2011, 01:55 PM
cool, ill be alright then. think as long as everyone can play onvista they would be fine to play on seven

Wolverine80
02-08-2011, 03:06 PM
No definite at the moment, if you where able to sign up for beta thou that gives you a good idea, thou beta requirements are a bit steeper sense we run tracking logs etc slowing down the game a great deal. If your running windows 7 however, it is a good chance you will be able to run our game. (Video card not included in that statement ;) ) win7 min requirements are pretty steep as it is, if you game most likely you are there.

Just keep on checking in once and awhile, soon we will have something to share.

-Noel

Thanks,i signed yet fot the closed beta..:)

om3n
02-08-2011, 03:52 PM
If i were to take a guesstimate (taking out extra logging etc and performance increases) on a win 7 machine you could probably be looking at something like 2.6ghz 2gb ram min 512 vid card although you'd want something like a 1gb ddr5 card for higher end graphics settings.

On a note i'm speaking on my own opinions here and don't reflect the staff/company. Just figured id give you a ballpark guesstimate. =)

swedishviking
02-08-2011, 06:06 PM
I am sure there will be a range....2 GB of RAM is a little excessive for any game

Wolverine80
02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
If i were to take a guesstimate (taking out extra logging etc and performance increases) on a win 7 machine you could probably be looking at something like 2.6ghz 2gb ram min 512 vid card although you'd want something like a 1gb ddr5 card for higher end graphics settings.

On a note i'm speaking on my own opinions here and don't reflect the staff/company. Just figured id give you a ballpark guesstimate. =)

I have a dual core with 2 gigabyte of ram and ati radeon with 512 megabyte,i hope that wil run smooth also with thousands of troops on screen.:D

om3n
02-09-2011, 09:09 AM
I am sure there will be a range....2 GB of RAM is a little excessive for any game

LOL Really? First off we're talking windows 7. Next were talking about hundred + on individual units on screen which also use memory.

Other games that require 2gb or +

Global Agenda 2gb - 3gb if vista/7 kernel (recommended 3-4)
Fallout: new vegas - 3gb recommended w/ vista/7 kernel
Rift - 2GB System RAM or more
Starcraft 2 - 2gb recommended
R.U.S.E. - 2GB minimum recommended

I'm sure i could go on and include at least another dozen games. RAM is cheap research is free =)

swedishviking
02-09-2011, 03:26 PM
LOL Really? First off we're talking windows 7. Next were talking about hundred + on individual units on screen which also use memory.

Other games that require 2gb or +

Global Agenda 2gb - 3gb if vista/7 kernel (recommended 3-4)
Fallout: new vegas - 3gb recommended w/ vista/7 kernel
Rift - 2GB System RAM or more
Starcraft 2 - 2gb recommended
R.U.S.E. - 2GB minimum recommended

I'm sure i could go on and include at least another dozen games. RAM is cheap research is free =)

many of those are graphics intensive, this game does not look that way

om3n
02-10-2011, 04:27 PM

More units = more ram. more textures & meshes = more ram.

The more you load the more memory used. It wouldn't make sense to keep the information in a flatfile. I can use a gig of ram loading into a city on just about any RTS. Even old ones like medieval: total war can use more then 6/10th of a gig.

On another note as far as RTS games go these days i'd have to say DoF looks pretty appealing graphically. I'd put money on minimum ram requirements not being less then 1gb and realistically looking towards 2 GB unless they wanna severely cut down the maximum number of field-able units or halve their texture quality.

For arguments sake though lets look at the RTS games in that list. R.U.S.E. and Starcraft II, sure i'll give blizzard credit. they've always had aesthetically pleasing art in their games... They've set a pace on a few genres over the years. The big thing they're proud of in SC2 is their new physics system. The CPU is a 2.6Ghz or equivalent MINIMUM requirement. Now, let's take a peek at R.U.S.E. which is nowhere near SC2 in reqs but isnt where DoF is as far as complexity, cities etc. DoF puts more units into play on top of extra complexities not seen in R.U.S.E.. There's just no way your gonna see this play on a system with a 1Ghz CPU and 512mb ram even on the low settings.

Sabinox
03-24-2011, 01:01 PM

MMO are generally more graphic intensive than normal games.

Anonimo
03-24-2011, 03:25 PM
You can see that on the features

Chronic24
03-28-2011, 01:04 PM
pretty sure since the game was suppose to be released in 2008, if your pc can handle windows 7 with no issues, game should be no problem