PDA

View Full Version : DoF PC or Xbox

ZyndromZ
02-07-2011, 11:19 AM
Who's getting this on the Xbox and who's getting this on the PC?

In my opinion.. RTS games and MMOs are so lame on consoles, so I'm getting it on the PC for sure.

Dalkor
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
In the Reverie/505 press release, they mention that for the time being DoF will be a PC exclusive, so I will of course be grabbing this on the PC :P

Smikis
02-07-2011, 11:58 AM
where did you get info about xbox release? apart that pc all the way

TriggerHappyNDB
02-07-2011, 12:02 PM
where did you get info about xbox release? apart that pc all the way

It's some older, outdated information on the game that I wouldn't be surprised to find a few places around the web still toting. As of now, there is no planned Xbox 360 development or release, but they are keeping their options open for future console ports.

The current, June 3rd release is a PC-exclusive one.

Henry Martin
02-07-2011, 12:05 PM
Yes, Dawn of Fantasy is a PC exclusive currently. The Xbox version is outdated info like triggerhappy said, the future can always change thou after the pc release.

master0p
02-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Only a pc exclusieve game:)
Btw this game wouldn't fit at all to be an xbox game.
And since alot of games are exclusieve for consol games , its about time its exclusieve for pc only :P!

Wuldor
02-07-2011, 02:17 PM
It would have to be pc all the way im not a fan of rts games on consoles

darklegends8
02-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Wouldn't micro management be extremely hard on a console?

Noel Bohac
02-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Wouldn't micro management be extremely hard on a console?

Not really, stuff like this can be done by icon control the direct interactions. IE a button list across the screen instead of individually lining up the control cursor to buildings and selecting menu's that way.

Many ways to implement a console version, sadly it is just not in the plans as of yet, but again never know what the future may bring!

-Noel

Alaric
02-07-2011, 05:21 PM
PC or maybe a Ps3 version if they ever release one.

Super Nova
02-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I don't have a 360 (That works) & my PS3 died 2 months ago, So all I have is my gaming PC.

Mokhir
02-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Really? You expect a complicated mmorts to take place on a xbox console? This isnt your halo wars mans, its DOF!

om3n
02-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Theres other games RTS style on 360 that are apparently popular. One of my buddies is really into C&C. Big issue with an mmo on the xbox network is they want to run the servers on their network. So anyone who wanted to play it on 360 would likely be segregated from their friends that play on pc.

That, coupled with extra costs in porting code, Microsoft fees and requirements. A small company like reverie could see any profits for hard work disappear or even run in deficit to keep servers together. If they allowed it to be split and MS have their version of the servers it would have a negative impact on player counts.

Staying exclusively PC will allow Reverie to keep costs down, troubleshooting & development easier, allow for better graphics/UI , faster updates, more content expansions sooner. It might be a good idea to port to xbox after a successful year or two.

IMO Reverie being a smaller company doesn't have access to some of the assets bigger companies might, and overspending on that kind of a level can be enough to kill a game. I don't think any of us want that lol.

NobleIre
02-09-2011, 12:48 PM
Theres other games RTS style on 360 that are apparently popular. One of my buddies is really into C&C. Big issue with an mmo on the xbox network is they want to run the servers on their network. So anyone who wanted to play it on 360 would likely be segregated from their friends that play on pc.

That, coupled with extra costs in porting code, Microsoft fees and requirements. A small company like reverie could see any profits for hard work disappear or even run in deficit to keep servers together. If they allowed it to be split and MS have their version of the servers it would have a negative impact on player counts.

Staying exclusively PC will allow Reverie to keep costs down, troubleshooting & development easier, allow for better graphics/UI , faster updates, more content expansions sooner. It might be a good idea to port to xbox after a successful year or two.

IMO Reverie being a smaller company doesn't have access to some of the assets bigger companies might, and overspending on that kind of a level can be enough to kill a game. I don't think any of us want that lol.

Here here. Besides, the system reqs for DoF are really low.. and playing RTS games on computers is infinitely better than on a console via a controller. My computer laughs maniacally at the DoF system reqs. ;)

Wizaerd
02-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Really? You expect a complicated mmorts to take place on a xbox console? This isnt your halo wars mans, its DOF!

ANd how exactly is this any more complicated than other RTS's? The gameplay may be a bit different, but it isn't any more complicated. In fact, by not placing buildings, it's actually a bit simpler...

Wizaerd
02-09-2011, 01:21 PM
Here here. Besides, the system reqs for DoF are really low.. and playing RTS games on computers is infinitely better than on a console via a controller. My computer laughs maniacally at the DoF system reqs. ;)

Infinitely better is purely a subjective opinion, if anyone actually made their RTS available on a console correctly (not like halo wars... ugh), it could be infinitely better on a console. All things are possible where technology is concerned...

Altho truth be told, I'd rather it were on PS3 as opposed to XBox... No that it matters since it wont be on either...

Ezekiel
02-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Even if it was on another consolse, it would always have to be played on the PC, to get the real feel for it.

NobleIre
02-09-2011, 02:31 PM
Infinitely better is purely a subjective opinion, if anyone actually made their RTS available on a console correctly (not like halo wars... ugh), it could be infinitely better on a console. All things are possible where technology is concerned...

Altho truth be told, I'd rather it were on PS3 as opposed to XBox... No that it matters since it wont be on either...

Actually, I don't think it is entirely opinion-based. A PC format allows for keyboard commands, hotkeys, accurate mouse clicking and drag-selection - all of which make selection and commanding troops (in real time) faster and more convenient. There is no means, aside from requiring people to buy more peripherals for their console (and even then, it's still debatable), that the limited input abilities of the console can match the ease, configurable convenience, and exactness of computer control methods.

Now, if someone were to go out and acquire additional peripherals then it becomes possible to reach levels closer to what a keyboard and mouse can do, but even then - further complications arise. There is a reason that the vast majority of RTS games are for PC, not console. I see no circumstance wherein a console version could even be as good (control wise), much less 'infinitely better' than a PC version.

Mokhir
02-09-2011, 09:05 PM
ANd how exactly is this any more complicated than other RTS's? The gameplay may be a bit different, but it isn't any more complicated. In fact, by not placing buildings, it's actually a bit simpler...

Yes, but there is an mmo community and with an mmo community you need communication. Chat, private messages, and a forums. And voice chat is not an option, putting all the players of that instanced world into a voice chat will not work. So then how you form alliance? Guilds? Relations? Correct me where I am wrong please.

Wizaerd
02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Yes, but there is an mmo community and with an mmo community you need communication. Chat, private messages, and a forums. And voice chat is not an option, putting all the players of that instanced world into a voice chat will not work. So then how you form alliance? Guilds? Relations? Correct me where I am wrong please.

Seems to me the MMO DC Universe is doing well on a PS3... with guilds, alliances, and communications. So correct you where you're wrong? I wouldn't presume to state you're in fact wrong, but you are mistaken in that these MMO facilities are not available.

Wizaerd
02-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Actually, I don't think it is entirely opinion-based. A PC format allows for keyboard commands, hotkeys, accurate mouse clicking and drag-selection - all of which make selection and commanding troops (in real time) faster and more convenient. There is no means, aside from requiring people to buy more peripherals for their console (and even then, it's still debatable), that the limited input abilities of the console can match the ease, configurable convenience, and exactness of computer control methods.

Now, if someone were to go out and acquire additional peripherals then it becomes possible to reach levels closer to what a keyboard and mouse can do, but even then - further complications arise. There is a reason that the vast majority of RTS games are for PC, not console. I see no circumstance wherein a console version could even be as good (control wise), much less 'infinitely better' than a PC version.

I've played lots of RTs, granted I'm mostly a solo player, and have never used hotkeys. For more casual players, it is more than possible to get these types of capabilities via a controller. Granted, there are not as many buttons on a controller as there is on a keyboard, but it's still not impossible.

I eagerly await for the day when someone feels brave and ionnovative enough to try it on a console for real...

Mokhir
02-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Seems to me the MMO DC Universe is doing well on a PS3... with guilds, alliances, and communications. So correct you where you're wrong? I wouldn't presume to state you're in fact wrong, but you are mistaken in that these MMO facilities are not available.
You are right and i did not infact know about mmorpg's on console. I only play FPS and RTS, so i guess it would work it. Although i would prefer my set of hotkeys, easily accessible internet searches for questions and forums and faster communications of negotiations between MMO players. (Keyboard Communications that is, Ventrilo, teamspeak and Skype will come in too if needed)

Pentel123
03-27-2011, 09:40 AM
PC for strategy games

Joseph Visscher
03-27-2011, 11:16 AM
1. Make dof for pc.
2. Profit.
3. Make dof2 for ps3 and or xbox(new titles) and pc(expansion pack with dof1 on pc that you can buy with wealth).
4. Make more titles.
:)

Chronic24
03-28-2011, 01:00 PM
PC for sure, but wouldnt mind it being on ps3 to

Scrapple206
04-04-2011, 01:52 PM
I think PC's are still the way to go for RTS's the biggest problem with consoles is the controllers.

TStroke
04-04-2011, 02:30 PM
PC all the way. Donīt see how you can effectively play an RTS with just a controller, itīs never as fast as a mouse + keyboard.

Revan
04-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Most RTS on Consoles are dumbed down >.< Oh wait every game on console is dumbed down XP PC All the way.

Roceh
04-05-2011, 01:47 AM
supcom was the only console RTS that kinda worked, you just cant beat mouse/keyboard control though.

Shabazza
04-05-2011, 07:27 AM
As everm RTS on PC!
I even cant think about playing it with controller...

Tyfighter
04-06-2011, 10:55 PM
PC for surrrreeee

Revan
04-06-2011, 11:09 PM

C&C4 was a fluke knock off that did just what halowars did. Emphasize spam and lack of strategy. No Strategy works well on a console theres just no amount of buttons that can deliver the freedom in a controller when hand eye coordination and a mouse pwn that. XD

RobbieMorelos
04-09-2011, 08:59 PM
Possibly on Pc, I would get it for PS3 if its actually going to be released for the PS3 since it's my only console :(.

willyneo
04-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Couldn't imagine playing a RTS on a console. I remember when I tried SC on N64. It was alot harder to control and annoying aswell. The PC version was way better, in fact I can't ever see why you would put a game like that on console w/o requiring a keyboard XD.

Rafaq19
04-12-2011, 05:45 AM
Dawn of Fantasy is a PC exclusive?

tex93lo
04-13-2011, 07:10 AM
the most graphics and palyabili is for pc

Lethal
04-24-2011, 11:13 PM
PC will have better graphics :P Although I have both, i'd go with PC.

Also does anyone know the Xbox Release date?

Hallinx
04-25-2011, 02:56 AM
PC version obviously ... but i would be down to play it on the PS3 if it were ever released for it.

hugenhlfan30
04-27-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess xbox because my mouse isn't responsive and Ive got a new good graphics card and overall good pc and cant fix it

kentbrack
04-27-2011, 07:06 PM
xbox? Whats sounds stupid.. I will get it on pc ofc

Defilus
04-28-2011, 09:32 AM
PC, I always play MMO's on the PC, no matter what kind of game it is.