PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf Kingdom

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
04-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Iv just seen on the map and on websites about dof saying that dwarfs are in dof is this true if you dont beleave me check the world map on the worldmap topic that they gave and look in the top corner !

Neotyguy40
04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Yes, Dwarves will be in the game... If you checked one of the scripts in the 'Story' section of the book, then it will talk about a dwarf. I expect it will be in the human section...

Konstantin Fomenko
04-09-2008, 08:35 AM
Dwarfs are featured in the single-player campaign, but not a playable faction - we had to save something for expansion pack:)

frankein_fish
04-09-2008, 08:52 AM
hehe. well i dont mind, im not a big fan of dwarf's

The Witch King of Angmar
04-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Wow, I didn't even know that. Sounds good to me.

SvN
04-09-2008, 03:11 PM
I don't really like dwarfs..:o

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
04-09-2008, 03:24 PM
to the creators: when you do make the exspainion packed do not make dwarfs op like in bfme2 please :(

The Witch King of Angmar
04-10-2008, 11:11 AM
They may not have an expansion and go straight to DoF2.

Puppeteer
04-10-2008, 12:10 PM
(you left room for the undead?) :D

SvN
04-10-2008, 02:09 PM
yeah, the undead would be a better option:p the dwarves are always the same in fantasy games..:( small beardy men with massive armour and huge axes, living in caves and mines..

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
04-10-2008, 02:23 PM
Well doesn't ever game have humans :O so whats the diffent if having dwarfs and undead will probbile ruin the game so i wouldn't add them one they die they come back alive wow :/ 2 the sigeing would look dumb undead are for games that take place ina age where theres guns but you could have undead it be kinda wierd but i guess be kinda cool having a giant zombie gollem run around :P

SvN
04-11-2008, 07:50 AM
or why not make a completely new faction:) something special, that hasn't been in every other fantasy game, like the dragons.

both dwarves and undead seems to be a bit on the dry side:o

Konstantin Fomenko
04-11-2008, 08:25 AM
As Witch King said - we might go directly for DoF2. But during the DoF2 development time we do expect to keep on adding content online, and chances of an expansion pack with new races (distributed online) are very real.

Our Dwarfs will be quite unique - in a way that they would live underground. Our engine is capable of rendering underground passages on the same map. Heh - I guess this is hard to explain without a couple of screenshots, but overall I agree - there is only that far we can take Dwarfs aside from adding whole bunch of Tanks and Flight ships as they did in Saga.

With the undead - I disagree, the possibilities are endless, we toyed around with the race which gets units form killing all living creatures, and have access to the skeleton version of all other racial units. Besides - undead race can be tons of fun style wise - not sure if any of you guys seen the old classic - Army of Darkness. If Undead are to be included in our expansion pack this the kind you can expect - completely original gameplay, and lots of dark humor.

Puppeteer
04-11-2008, 12:46 PM
wow if you implement the Undead you will be my saviours!!! <3 lol ;)
ummm Sauron your "rant" about the undead really made no sense whatsoever, why do the undead have to live in an era with guns?
Also the sieges wouldn't be weird... the possibilities would be numerous! From catapulting dead corpses to spread plague, to catapulting rolled up skeletons who attack once they have reached the other side of the wall!
Lizardmen?

Jean=A=Luc
04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
I'd love to see the Undead in a future DoF.

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 12:13 PM
i like the papasmurfs in DOF

The Witch King of Angmar
04-13-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd love to see the Undead in a future DoF.

I wouldn't play as them but I'd love to see what Reverie could do.

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 12:31 PM
arg barg...there;s still DoF 1 in the works...lets put our imaginations on that.

Ryan Zelazny
04-13-2008, 01:22 PM
We actually had 4 races that were originally planned for DoF that have been removed.

Dwarves, Undead, Minotaurs, and a Salamander/Amphibian race.

Each you may see in expansions or DoF 2, however Dwarves and Undead are the most likely to be first.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 01:44 PM
We actually had 4 races that were originally planned for DoF that have been removed.

Dwarves, Undead, Minotaurs, and a Salamander/Amphibian race.

Each you may see in expansions or DoF 2, however Dwarfs and Undead are the most likely to be first.

Holy crap Minotaurs?! That would be awesome...for a super unit (or just as a siege weapon/powerful unit) you could have them use some kind of giant beast, such like the minotaur god you fight in God Of War (if anyone has played that, if not PLAY IT lol) hehe awesome.

Undead sound cool :p, dunno what you'd do with that...wonder what there specials would be, scare the crap out of the opposition with a mass of moral breaking attacks...screeching harpies anyone? Hehe.

BTW that reminds me...I'll post the question in my thread :)

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Dwarfs are featured in the single-player campaign, but not a playable faction - we had to save something for expansion pack:)
So does this mean you admit there will be an expansion for sure:) anything you say can and will be used against you

I think gnomes or bird people would be a cool race. Maybe a race that can live completely underwtaer? I love this game so much and it isn't even out yet! The ideas just sound awesome I love how you guys are trying to do new ideas.

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 03:52 PM
if i had to choose a new race... it would be a hellish race... with massive daemons, and like all hellish and stuff

The Witch King of Angmar
04-13-2008, 04:46 PM
So does this mean you admit there will be an expansion for sure:) anything you say can and will be used against you

I think gnomes or bird people would be a cool race. Maybe a race that can live completely underwtaer? I love this game so much and it isn't even out yet! The ideas just sound awesome I love how you guys are trying to do new ideas.

I think a bird race would be cool to kind of rival the dragons. Reminds me of the Great Eagles in LOTR.

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 04:55 PM
I think a bird race would be cool to kind of rival the dragons. Reminds me of the Great Eagles in LOTR.

I was thinking kinda if you have everplayed the Everquest 2 expansion kingdom of sky they have these avions which are humanoid birds but great eagles would be really awesome aswell

GreyWizard
04-13-2008, 06:26 PM
Is the dwarf faction done? If so you should include it into the game.

Companies should stop doing this type of thing. You should go above and beyond on the first release. Who wants to spend $30 dollars on an expansion that adds two races and thats it? Not saying thats what you'll do, but we're starting to see it alot in the rts community, and soulstorm/kane's wrath were both **** poor expansions for what they cost.

Feweh
04-13-2008, 06:33 PM
Is the dwarf faction done? If so you should include it into the game.

Companies should stop doing this type of thing. You should go above and beyond on the first release. Who wants to spend $30 dollars on an expansion that adds two races and thats it? Not saying thats what you'll do, but we're starting to see it alot in the rts community, and soulstorm/kane's wrath were both **** poor expansions for what they cost.

I actualy agree...

I really wouldnt care about two extra races.

Problem is in most games, they always get some cool better feature. For example the dwaves lets just say would get some huge trebuchet that shoots 500 million yards (jokes). But you get what im saying, they did that in Company of Heroes with the two added armies there.

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 06:43 PM
I actualy agree...

I really wouldnt care about two extra races.

Problem is in most games, they always get some cool better feature. For example the dwaves lets just say would get some huge trebuchet that shoots 500 million yards (jokes). But you get what im saying, they did that in Company of Heroes with the two added armies there.

Yea it would be nice to have a good campaign to go with that expasion and maybe a bit more units for all the races. In Warhammer 40k they would usally give all the races a few more units atleast.

Feweh
04-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Ya true.

But Company of Heroes was ridiculous... you still played against people that had the expansions and that dam other German Faction could mass produce tanks so darn fast that you where dead unless you chose England..

Americans just got screwed....

Just if you do add a expansion that involves something unique for the new races... make sure it's on tee with the other races... please

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
04-14-2008, 11:23 AM
No offense to any one but adding gnomes or bird people if you did! i wouldn't buy DoF that would destoy DoF because arn't dwarfs gnomes?? dwarfs are ok but gnomes would destoy the game PLEASE dont add gnomes and birdpeople would be op:/

†TYRANICK†™
04-14-2008, 12:02 PM
No offense to any one but adding gnomes or bird people if you did! i wouldn't buy DoF that would destoy DoF because arn't dwarfs gnomes?? dwarfs are ok but gnomes would destoy the game PLEASE dont add gnomes and birdpeople would be op:/

Yeah i hate gnomes to, annoys me so much in WoW.

Dwarfs arnt gnomes lol, dwarfs are cool because they either have strong Scottish accents or strong English accents hehe :D

Tbeaz161
04-14-2008, 12:27 PM
Yeah i hate gnomes to, annoys me so much in WoW.

Dwarfs arnt gnomes lol, dwarfs are cool because they either have strong Scottish accents or strong English accents hehe :D

If you have read my races form you will know there are diffrent types of Gnomes. Gnomes can be like little elves as well. You could also just have gnomes as part of a dwarf race. Also gnomes are not dwarves they are just alike in size. Also whats wrong with the bird people? I think that wou;d be awesome. Though it is my idea :p

Konstantin Fomenko
04-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Dwarfs arnt gnomes lol, dwarfs are cool because they either have strong Scottish accents or strong English accents hehe.

Yeah, got to have the accent! Single-player campaign features a Dwarven hero in most of the scenarios, voice acting with strong Scottish accent really works well.

Puppeteer
04-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Gnomes are too similar to elves.
Minotaurs I think should be incorporated into some kinda pagan beast worshipping lore faction, with humans and beasts together if this is done.
Salamander, Aquatic Race = nice, have lizardmen :) and wyrvens! and basilisks! look at heroes of might and magic 3 :D

There are so many possibilities!

LordSlayer
04-17-2008, 04:42 PM
I say bird people race is just useless. They would just be like another dragon race except with feathers instead of scales.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-17-2008, 04:56 PM
I think it'd be cool because it could be like the anti-dragons.

Neotyguy40
04-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I think it'd be cool because it could be like the anti-dragons.

No one opposes the dragons! Ever!!!!

Joseph Visscher
04-17-2008, 06:52 PM

Dragons are so easy to kill, you just through some rocks at them and they cowardly die, no need to waste any arrows.

just kidding lol. they die when the ogre hits it in the head with his club. :D
Dragons are so cute and cuddley.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-17-2008, 09:04 PM

I wasn't opposing them. I was just stating an opinion.

Puppeteer
04-18-2008, 11:23 AM
It would seem a mix of elves and dragons... not good. Each faction should be different, eg. Dwarves (regrettably :D), Undead, Minotaurs etc.

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 07:08 AM
Dragons are so cute and cuddley.

Until they burn half of your town, eat all of your livestock and grow into 30 feet long scaly beasts :D

Neotyguy40
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
Until they burn half of your town, eat all of your livestock and grow into 30 feet long scaly beasts :D

Why does everyone think dragons are vicious creatures...

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 03:30 PM
Why does everyone think dragons are vicious creatures...

Because they are big, really hard to kill, really hungry, they breath fire and because some of them just love seeing little goblins (or anything else) runnig away from them in utter terror. :D

jackeeboi
04-19-2008, 03:33 PM
no they r cute little cuddly things if u poke it, it will laugh and burn your head off :eek: i am friends with some pink dragons :)

LordSlayer
04-19-2008, 03:46 PM
i am friends with some pink dragons :)

Hope for your sake it isn't too big :D

jackeeboi
04-20-2008, 04:24 AM
naa its only the size of a big thing

Puppeteer
04-20-2008, 03:02 PM
wow that comment was so vague it was detailed

Neotyguy40
04-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Because they are big, really hard to kill, really hungry, they breath fire and because some of them just love seeing little goblins (or anything else) runnig away from them in utter terror. :D

I'm sorry, but dragons are big, not always hungry, they breath fire, and they love watching YOU run away from them in utter terror. They are friendly creatures that just want to be left alone.

LordSlayer
04-21-2008, 03:24 PM
They are friendly creatures that just want to be left alone.

Then why do they want to conquer the world like the other lesser mortal races ?

Neotyguy40
04-21-2008, 09:15 PM
Then why do they want to conquer the world like the other lesser mortal races ?

They don't want to conquer the world, prove it.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-22-2008, 06:11 PM
Like said before, they just want to be left alone.

Neotyguy40
04-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Like said before, they just want to be left alone.

Yay! He agrees!

frankein_fish
04-23-2008, 01:10 AM
Yeah it sounds most likly that they just want to be alone and cut them self :p :D

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah it sounds most likly that they just want to be alone and cut them self :p :D

How can a dragon cut himself if he can probably not hold a knife or a sword ?

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 07:31 PM

I never knew there were such things as emo dragons. And Slayer is right, dragons can't hold knives, only drakes can become emo :p .

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 04:17 PM
I never knew there were such things as emo dragons. And Slayer is right, dragons can't hold knives, only drakes can become emo :p .

And even then, It would be really hard with all those scales everywhere :D

Neotyguy40
04-24-2008, 11:29 PM
And even then, It would be really hard with all those scales everywhere :D

Yea, dragon scales are so strong, they are pretty much bullet proof...

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 03:13 PM
Yea, dragon scales are so strong, they are pretty much bullet proof...

As long as you can RPG them, then it's ok.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:31 PM
As long as you can RPG them, then it's ok.

Umm, I fear that this answer is going to be bad... How can you role-play-game scales?

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Umm, I fear that this answer is going to be bad... How can you role-play-game scales?

What do you mean by role-play-game scales?

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:53 PM
What do you mean by role-play-game scales?

Well you said RPG scales, ask yourself that...

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Well you said RPG scales, ask yourself that...

RPG sry, that wasn't the rpg acronym I wanted you to understand. I meant Rocket Propelled Grenade.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 04:00 PM
RPG sry, that wasn't the rpg acronym I wanted you to understand. I meant Rocket Propelled Grenade.

Ohh, well since grenades basically are just high pressure shocks, it still wouldn't work against dragons.

Puppeteer
04-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Let's try it *walks out whistling*
Still, arrows would penetrate the underbelly. IF they're going for the convential but undefined dragon

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Let's try it *walks out whistling*
Still, arrows would penetrate the underbelly. IF they're going for the convential but undefined dragon

What undefined dragon? The one with the weak underbelly is the european dragon...

Puppeteer
04-26-2008, 05:13 AM
Yep. That's the one, seeing as I'm European (*cough*still hates EU*cough*) I take that as the norm.

LordSlayer
04-26-2008, 07:17 AM
What undefined dragon? The one with the weak underbelly is the european dragon...

Some europeans dragons only had 1 weak point, and every other part of them was impenetrable. Let's hope they don't make them that hard...

Neotyguy40
04-27-2008, 01:02 AM
Some europeans dragons only had 1 weak point, and every other part of them was impenetrable. Let's hope they don't make them that hard...

Actually, european dragons have a few weak points:

Soft bottom skin (underbelly, underneath tail, etc.)
Behind earlobes (it's soft, and you can break the spine easily with a slash or stab).
Inner oral organ (I think it means mouth, but I'm not 100% sure)
Wing membrane (Dragons can not feel it, but they can be cut easily.

This was from the first book (well, it doesn't look like a book when you hold it) about dragons, published by a noble in the 13th century who served the same king that defined them.

Yep. That's the one, seeing as I'm European (*cough*still hates EU*cough*) I take that as the norm.

That's what most people is the west call a regular dragon, but I call it a european dragon because I like to point out which dragon I'm talking about, many people get confused if I'm talking about some other kind of dragon.

If anyone wants a list of the most popular dragons, here are a list of them:

European
Lindworms
Chinese (A.K.A. The asian lung or regular lung
Wyverns (European dragons with only 2 feet)
Wyrms
Hydras (yes, it IS a dragon)
Amphipteres (A.K.A. Egypt dragon)
Drakes
Draco (famous dragon)
The Naga (famous dragon)
Knuckers

Here are some that should NOT be confused with a dragon:

Leviathan (it's a water serpent from the bible, not in the dragon category)
Worms (yes, it's hard to believe but some people think that a worm is a type of dragon)
Komodo Dragon (just because it has dragon in the name, doesn't mean it is a dragon)

That's to clear alot of things up so that we won't get future spam about dragons, and that is not ALL the dragons in the world, just a bunch of famous types...

Puppeteer
04-27-2008, 10:19 AM
Yeah Komodo Dragon's are the closest living thing you got for a dragon.
Btw, a naga can be confused with multiple things, just like a basilisk. A basilisk is most commonly referred to as either a lizard or a giant serpent, just like a naga can be referred to as a dragon, it seems, a water-serpent or a half-snake half-woman with multiple arms. Like a Gorgon, I suppose.
And all those weakpoints, Reverie might make more/take more away. depends on how they want their dragons to work. I presume that their going to take the European version.
An example of an Amphipteres (my fav's :D) is the Quetzal :)