PDA

View Full Version : More questions and suggestions :D

†TYRANICK†™
04-07-2008, 01:23 PM
WARNING massive post...you have been warned hehe (+ sorry for such length)

Well ive been away for a while :( work and life and other odd things (like bloody Wow which im done with) have diverted me from this game...but now I'm back!

After again since my last visit, having played through around 15 more RTS and RPG games, here i present yee all with some questions and suggestions ^^

1) Naval combat, Game effects, particles more info? What can we expect?

I absolutely LOVE the AOE3 naval "combat" (sure the ships can be jittery and move sideways half the time lol) but the effects from when you blow your cannon balls ( a bit dirty, sry :P) into other ships, and chunks come flying off and wood and bricks on buildings all scatter and fly and flutter across the maps...its my fav thing about the game, how good it looks just blows me away. Love the effects. So i was just wondering what we can expect from DOF?

Since the game is largely around big ass castles and walls and buildings, im guessing huge emphasis is taken into account for there destruction, like blasting a hole in a gate or wall and seeing the bricks fly about and remain persistent (for a while, to avoid lag) would be brilliant! Not forgetting the particle effects of dust and soot and fire n flames =]

2) Environments, maps sizes, weather? (if any)

Ive seen deserts, forests, canyons and a bit of both here and there, but what else can we expect to see? Can we expect Terran deformation/land scorching/maybe even forest fires? hehe that would be chaotic.

And how big can we expect to see maps or areas/environments? Are we talking between a range of...2-3 minutes from corner to corner with the fastest unit all the way up to 10-20 minute jobs? Such as maps like...well i dunno what dimensions you measure in, 1-5 real life miles or more?

Also weather, affect on game play? Or generic eye candy? What ranges can we expect to see? Sun-rain-snow-sleet-winds-storms etc. Or maybe acts of God? (in the generic sense) I.E. earthquakes, tsunamis, tornado's...meteors? Maybe im going a bit far heh.

3) Skirmish modes, mod making, map making and general flexibility of the engine. (I here you have an editor which claims to be "powerful" but just how powerful :P

I would hopefully assume...being an RTS and all that there is a single player/against AI skirmish mode planned? *crosses fingers until they snap* lol. Because there just has to be! Combining the best of both and all worlds, Single player, skirmish, online/LAN etc, + how many maps estimated to be at launch? moving on...(underground areas? Mountainous areas? etc).

How will your bases/cities or w/e work? Will it have such a system where...we could have some kind of blueprint which we could choose to save or use for skirmish modes? For example here's some different modes i could see that i reckon would be sweet:

-Normal skirmish/Team play etc

Normal game play as such, build a base, rack up armies, waste opponents etc...cap special resources (if any) are there minor civs we can use to aid us at all? Well a/w yeah, normal play. This is generically speaking, i know there probably trade and diplomacy as well etc but, you guys get me :P just "normal" mode.

-Survival, Stand and destroy *usage of a base blueprint here maybe or w/e?*

You start out with a small base maybe w/ a few troops or w/e. You have a large perimeter wall surround your base, maybe with slightly buffed hit points. (similar to the mode in AOE3 which i cant remember the name of). A "Defend your castle/base" kind of game mode. And you must build up a mighty defense and survive every increasing numbers of enemy units attacking you, coming in greater and greater waves with powerful and destructive units and magic later on, maybe with some super units every 5 or 10 waves etc...have a choice...stand and defend, or push back and destroy. Maybe deathmatch style starting resources...reduced diplomacy (if any) for teams members...ability to merge bases or whatever (large maps only maybe...unless your feeling lucky)

-Unit Haven

No castles or defensive structures at all and limited military buildings, some what a different style to add to battles, using only units at your disposal, you must use the map/environment it self...as your defense. (maybe a good mode to incorporate minor civs or neutral units to claim etc). Stronger emphasis on hero units maybe...move around the large maps making little forward camps or something, then pushing further and driving your enemy back under the grips of your massive armies, before crushing them under your might! Maybe increased unit production values, cheaper for units to be built, no siege, purely unit warfare. For those who would like a little more gameplay focused on the units them selves or something.

Well that's my breakdown of skirmish anyway :P.

Moving on...

Map making and mod tools, hopefully we can expect to see some kind of tools for both creating our content/importing/exporting and making our own mods and maps? Maybe even with some form of in game mod manager and/or custom folder to stick in (A launcher would be better IMHO, since you would be able to enable multiple ones at once...unless strict warning from authors advises of conflicts etc). How flexible will the engine be? Will we only be able to do simple things like edit stats etc...

Or...will we have the ability to (if so desired), to rip everything out and stick our own stuff in it from scratch (be it maybe a modern day mod or....simply our own models or w/e)? The engine looks fantastic ATM, but how far can it go?

+ How easy will it be? Will we need skilled C++'s or can any old noob have a tinker?

Since im a modder by heart...I'd love to have a go at modding this game as well as mapping!

4) Units/buildings/magic/technology ranges and extensiveness

We already know that your planning on 100's to maybe 1000's of on screen units at once...but how many different types of units will be have? I'm guessing, purely from the scale of this game...that we could expect around 40-70+ and maybe around 100+ upgrades and 40-60+ buildings per side/faction? Maybe that's to many but seems about right to me for something of this scale, hero units? XP gaining? RPG ish elements such as...armor and health and damage etc to other units/buildings?

Also range of technology/magics? The game is dawn of "fantasy"...but how "fantastical" are we speaking here? Are we in for some kind of shock surprises like...floating castles and lands masses on maps or...surreal out of this world units and buildings or...divine interventions from...things etc? Or like mutants or chimera type things or...is it just the "mighty magic" feature that implies the fantasy part?

5) The future, after sales support, community attention.

Will you guys continue to patch up (not implying you'll need loads to sort the game out after release lol, just as feature updates and tweaking etc, like all games need and stuff :)) and improve the game after release? Will you work with the community and support it with any means necessary? As you should know by now...we are your driving force, your heart and soul, your fuel to prosper and expand! (Sorry if I sound arrogant and egotistical, but strictly speaking it is true, otherwise you wouldn't have a forum here already)

And hopefully more people will be drawn into this game...as from what ive seen so far...its combining a HELL of a lot of awesome elements from other RTS games.

I wish you guys all the best of luck w/ this game (no im not leaving you, just rounding up my thread/post) and hope I can get more people over here to this game, any help or clarification on my questions is greatly appreciated, then again I'm aware of the current development status so, feel free to hold back on us hehe

Sorry for such a long post and so many questions...many which you maybe cant disclose on yet but, im just very excited about this game, and I just hope to heck that you can deliver such a great game practically on release, as well as in our imaginations :D ^^

PS: Estimated public beta or demo time? hehe :p

The Witch King of Angmar
04-07-2008, 03:43 PM
[b]

1) Naval combat, Game effects, particles more info? What can we expect?

So i was just wondering what we can expect from DOF?

2) Environments, maps sizes, weather? (if any)

Ive seen deserts, forests, canyons and a bit of both here and there, but what else can we expect to see? Can we expect Terran deformation/land scorching/maybe even forest fires? hehe that would be chaotic.

And how big can we expect to see maps or areas/environments? Are we talking between a range of...2-3 minutes from corner to corner with the fastest unit all the way up to 10-20 minute jobs? Such as maps like...well i dunno what dimensions you measure in, 1-5 real life miles or more?

Also weather, affect on game play? Or generic eye candy? What ranges can we expect to see? Sun-rain-snow-sleet-winds-storms etc. Or maybe acts of God? (in the generic sense) I.E. earthquakes, tsunamis, tornado's...meteors? Maybe im going a bit far heh.

3) Skirmish modes, mod making, map making and general flexibility of the engine. (I here you have an editor which claims to be "powerful" but just how powerful :P

How will your bases/cities or w/e work? Will it have such a system where...we could have some kind of blueprint which we could choose to save or use for skirmish modes? For example here's some different modes i could see that i reckon would be sweet:

-Normal skirmish/Team play etc

Normal game play as such, build a base, rack up armies, waste opponents etc...cap special resources (if any) are there minor civs we can use to aid us at all? Well a/w yeah, normal play. This is generically speaking, i know there probably trade and diplomacy as well etc but, you guys get me :P just "normal" mode.

-Survival, Stand and destroy *usage of a base blueprint here maybe or w/e?*

-Unit Haven

Moving on...

Map making and mod tools, hopefully we can expect to see some kind of tools for both creating our content/importing/exporting and making our own mods and maps? Maybe even with some form of in game mod manager and/or custom folder to stick in (A launcher would be better IMHO, since you would be able to enable multiple ones at once...unless strict warning from authors advises of conflicts etc). How flexible will the engine be? Will we only be able to do simple things like edit stats etc...

Or...will we have the ability to (if so desired), to rip everything out and stick our own stuff in it from scratch (be it maybe a modern day mod or....simply our own models or w/e)? The engine looks fantastic ATM, but how far can it go?

+ How easy will it be? Will we need skilled C++'s or can any old noob have a tinker?

4) Units/buildings/magic/technology ranges and extensiveness

We already know that your planning on 100's to maybe 1000's of on screen units at once...but how many different types of units will be have? I'm guessing, purely from the scale of this game...that we could expect around 40-70+ and maybe around 100+ upgrades and 40-60+ buildings per side/faction? Maybe that's to many but seems about right to me for something of this scale, hero units? XP gaining? RPG ish elements such as...armor and health and damage etc to other units/buildings?

Also range of technology/magics? The game is dawn of "fantasy"...but how "fantastical" are we speaking here? Are we in for some kind of shock surprises like...floating castles and lands masses on maps or...surreal out of this world units and buildings or...divine interventions from...things etc? Or like mutants or chimera type things or...is it just the "mighty magic" feature that implies the fantasy part?

5) The future, after sales support, community attention.

Will you guys continue to patch up (not implying you'll need loads to sort the game out after release lol, just as feature updates and tweaking etc, like all games need and stuff :)) and improve the game after release? Will you work with the community and support it with any means necessary?

PS: Estimated public beta or demo time? hehe :p

Ok here goes my best shot at this.

1. From what I've seen I can say the graphics rock and look great. As far as the actual system goes you'll be able to garrison units inside the ships as well as siege possibilities possibly.

2. Some maps will be massive and may take 5-8 minutes to cross. Weather will affect gameplay. As far as the erosion of land I'm not sure about that.

3. I'd say yes to your blueprints. As far as the difficulty of the editor goes it will be able to use more complex systems for pros but will be user friendly to people like me. :)

4. Yes there will be heroes and there will be xp gain. The magic will be unique and mythical-like but no floating castle kind of things I'm afraid. :p

5. I'd say yes to the patches and they are already planning a DoF 2.

6. Maybe somewhere around late spring.

Again this is mostly from my observations so anyone from Reverie feel free to correct any wrong information of mine. PS Good to have you back.

†TYRANICK†™
04-07-2008, 04:01 PM
Thanks for your quick some up :) and time for reading my post lol, raised my hopes now a bit more :D.

I am indeed interested in the more detailed parts of my post mainly of part 2 and 4. Anyone from reverie...much obliged ^^!

Anyone else help me with more detail?

†TYRANICK†™
04-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Bump

Anyone from reverie?

Konstantin Fomenko
04-09-2008, 09:24 PM
Very busy month here at Reverie, as we are putting together and polishing our 2nd alpha build. Looks like I`m the only one with any time left to check the boards:) Should take us another week or two to wrap that up.

I`d expect someone from design department to answer all your questions and a new video from PR dep around that time. I apologize for the slow welcome to our forums:S

One of our longest fan – Witch King, was mostly dead-on with his answers though.:p

Darvin
04-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Keep up the good work. It's a shame that you're the only one who can drop by the occasional word, but I can certainly understand being under a tight schedule. It's that time of year for students like me, too.

†TYRANICK†™
04-10-2008, 01:37 AM
Very busy month here at Reverie, as we are putting together and polishing our 2nd alpha build. Looks like I`m the only one with any time left to check the boards:) Should take us another week or two to wrap that up.

I`d expect someone from design department to answer all your questions and a new video from PR dep around that time. I apologize for the slow welcome to our forums:S

One of our longest fan – Witch King, was mostly dead-on with his answers though.:p

Good to here, dont worry though ill keep you busy here on the forums, ill have plenty more questions to come soon :p. Glad to here the team is keeping busy too. Heh Alpha 2 eh? cool...keep up the goodwork :D

The Witch King of Angmar
04-10-2008, 10:06 AM
I can't wait until the beta. Keep up the great work.

†TYRANICK†™
04-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Rawr I have more questions :D:

Question 117: (lol joking =P). Anywho:

1) Others ways of winning?

I just began to wonder, like with skirmish mode/ Single player and/ or maybe MP, will there be other ways of winning besides destroying the enemy? Such as maybe...diplomatic victory, resource victory, or maybe like some kind of "structure specific" win, for example like a Wonder from AOE? That would be cool, or maybe any of the following "win conditions"?

-Regicide: One must protect a monarch or hero at all costs and kill the enemies king or monarch or something.

-Hold the area: Maybe some kind of "cover this much land or areas" and you win, sorta like a king of the hill kinda mode.

Or things like that lol.

2) Amount of units/buildings/upgrades?

Estimated, can you give us some idea yet?

3) Single player day/night cycle?

I here there isn't going to be one in SP, any ideas as to why this is? Will there be maps/levels set at different times of day? I reckon that would be a better idea, just as a suggestion :).

4) Approximate time period?

I was just wondering, what approximate time period are we talking here? For example would guard towers or what ever scale from arrows to cannon balls or rocks or what?

5) Hero/Army wargear!!

Dam i cant believe i forgot this question...but will your hero/hero's units be customizable or gain wargear or usable items? For example better armor, weapons, gain new abilities a bit like dawn of war: dark crusade? For example...either by maybe...artifacts or items scattered about a map (similar to Age of Empires 3) which benefit your hero or your army in general? Or maybe items rewarded as you progress through single player? As it would be cool to see your hero's slowly evolve and become stronger as time goes on :D.

6) Diversity on single player races stories.

For example...are you planning completely different scripted stories for each of the 4 races? Or are you some how blending it together into 1 big "From your races point of view" style of gameplay?

And err yeah that's all i got for now. Thank you in advance :)

The Witch King of Angmar
04-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Rawr I have more questions :D:

Question 117: (lol joking =P). Anywho:

1) Others ways of winning?

I just began to wonder, like with skirmish mode/ Single player and/ or maybe MP, will there be other ways of winning besides destroying the enemy? Such as maybe...diplomatic victory, resource victory, or maybe like some kind of "structure specific" win, for example like a Wonder from AOE? That would be cool, or maybe any of the following "win conditions"?

-Regicide: One must protect a monarch or hero at all costs and kill the enemies king or monarch or something.

-Hold the area: Maybe some kind of "cover this much land or areas" and you win, sorta like a king of the hill kinda mode.

Or things like that lol.

2) Amount of units/buildings/upgrades?

Estimated, can you give us some idea yet?

3) Single player day/night cycle?

I here there isn't going to be one in SP, any ideas as to why this is? Will there be maps/levels set at different times of day? I reckon that would be a better idea, just as a suggestion :).

4) Approximate time period?

I was just wondering, what approximate time period are we talking here? For example would guard towers or what ever scale from arrows to cannon balls or rocks or what?

5) Hero/Army wargear!!

Dam i cant believe i forgot this question...but will your hero/hero's units be customizable or gain wargear or usable items? For example better armor, weapons, gain new abilities a bit like dawn of war: dark crusade? For example...either by maybe...artifacts or items scattered about a map (similar to Age of Empires 3) which benefit your hero or your army in general? Or maybe items rewarded as you progress through single player? As it would be cool to see your hero's slowly evolve and become stronger as time goes on :D.

6) Diversity on single player races stories.

For example...are you planning completely different scripted stories for each of the 4 races? Or are you some how blending it together into 1 big "From your races point of view" style of gameplay?

And err yeah that's all i got for now. Thank you in advance :)

Ok here we go.

1. I'd say maybe to other ways mainly through diplomacy.

2. Alot. There will be alot of customization in this game as far as castle and units are concerned.

3. Yes there is a day/night cycle.

4. I'm not quite sure what your asking.

5. Maybe, you will be able to get xp for them as well as your units which will have new appearances once upgraded.

6. All have seperate stories.

Again feel free to correct me, Reverie, if I'm wrong on anything.

Thanks

†TYRANICK†™
04-10-2008, 07:23 PM
Sweet at all those points :D! Keeps getting better and better ^^! Its all news to me :D

@ number 4, I'll elaborate further if i was unclear:

Time period...as in, would in be a mythical era set around medieval times or around the time of the crusades? From what i can tell it seems to be around that era.

BTW 1 more question from me or more like a suggestion:

- Some kind of meta map game mode? Sort of like...battle for middle earths war of the ring mode or universe at war global domination kinda style (Risk layout in other words)?

I think that would be a brilliant idea, especially since this game has such a huge emphasis on epicness haha. Controlling territories, taking over all the world of mythador etc, great fun for a single player skirmish mode or online.

Here's a breakdown on how it works for those unfamiliar with the "meta map" concept

When you start, you usually begin with 1 main territory which will be your stronghold, or your base and maybe 1 other territory, now depending on which concept you follow, you either do the following of two.

On your turn, you go to attack or inspect or capture a neutral territory, a begin setting expanding your kingdom or empire w/e slowly across the meta-map, upon these you may have a few slots to place structures upon when you gain requisition, which is gained from controlling areas to spend on upgrades, structures, defenses or additional units on your journey to conquer all the land, maybe 1 or 2 slots.

Some territories mite give you specific bonuses which aid you in some way, disadvantage the enemy or provide some other global effect. You can only move to attack or capture 1 territory per turn, and eventually you will run into a territory or an enemy that cant simply be capped, it must be fought for. so you either have a choice to fight it out in real time, which would take you to a normal skirmish map where you build up and battle it out for the territory or you "auto resolve" which determines your military strength vs there's and calculates the winner from that, of course its better to fight it out in real time on the map it self.

So if you win, you gain that territory and all its associated bonus's, and the enemy is pushed back a little. Some fights may have bits of narrative thrown in, or quests and or objectives that you must do to fully claim the territory, which is the case when you come to attack an enemy stronghold, heavily fortified citadel of ominous defense, you've come so far, gathered and developed a mighty army...are you truly ready to claim their land as your own? Purely reliant on your total requisition, bonus's and upgrades you've gained and researched from all other territories, you must attempt to set up a small base and attack immediately, no time for a thriving city, this is what you have been working towards! Stronghold fights are usually the most epic because usually they contain special scripted events that liven up the battles substantially, and are the combination of all your work of battling across the meta-map to there stronghold and i where you truly get to experience the madness of 1000's of units desperately trying to siege a mighty city..far and wide.. for the good of their race!

And if you win you claim there land, basic base and "racial bonus" as well as other rewards. Then its off to destroy the other player...or will he destroy you?

If you fail to assault and destroy a stronghold, you become severely crippled for the rest of your turn, with only your hero left and maybe 1 squad, you will have to rely on how well you set up your defenses on the territories you captured and fought for earlier if you are then attacked...but of course you will be severely disadvantaged and have to re-train units from scratch on the battlefield...a cruel but realistic and fair approach I'd say.

Bases you make and build on territories you fight for will carry over (as they would in real life)

Now the other way of play is the same as above except every territory apart from your stronghold is controlled by another player (or AI), and you (and/or your team mates, since the meta-map style can be done in teams very nicely) must battle it out in real time to defeat them, or auto-resolve if your defending etc.

Ok so...all that is only basically how it works, i havent mentioned all about the upgrades and territory re-enforcement and diverting and splitting up squads etc lol because of the added detail required heh.

But still, its really fun, and can truly enhance the life of an RTS.

But then again that's just an idea...if it ain't implemented im sure we could "mod" it into the game as a new mode :)

Wow ive typed loads again lol, apologies :p

Puppeteer
04-11-2008, 11:42 AM
ugh I hate essays....
Basically a living-world map :)

†TYRANICK†™
04-11-2008, 11:51 AM
As in...? All the time im guessing, well i take it thats a no to what I asked then :p, no matter. Wait till moddin' ^^

I like essays :p they allow to clearly and specifically lay out my questions :p

The Witch King of Angmar
04-11-2008, 03:43 PM
I'd say maybe to that. It might tie in with the campaign but I'd rather have an online world map kind of game because I think it would be alot better than just playing yourself.

†TYRANICK†™
04-11-2008, 04:30 PM
I'd say maybe to that. It might tie in with the campaign but I'd rather have an online world map kind of game because I think it would be a lot better than just playing yourself.

Agreed. Real people are always more fun :p

Has anyone tried out the Dreamlords beta? Incredibly weird game...its sort of like a MMORPRTSPWBTG (Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Real Time Strategy Partially Web Based Text Game) lol xD.

Basically it has a meta map style of progression play...mixed with heavy RPG elements, mixed with a web based unit and building and resource managing elements, with RTS battling all wrapped together into a complete, ever growing MMO world.

IMO its horribly complicated, to slow, bad graphics (even for a beta) and comprises of this hugely daunting tech/research tree which just sucks the fun right out...

Although it was extremely unique and was trying to merge a good mix of styles...it ultimately fails IMHO because of how complex and...well...boring the battles are, it has pvp as well but blah ¬¬ it kinda sucked.

Also been trying games such as, sins of a solar empire, eve online and other Space based mmo's/game...

Sins reminds me too much of SupCom. Tiny scale, slow moving, boring gameplay, uninteresting combat at utterly bizarre AI. Oh and again theres far to much detail, same with eve...horribly complicated ><. There both/ all pretty good, and probably great games for there genre but to me are just a little daunting.

Anyway whats my point to all this? WoW is the simplest mmo ever...been there done it...I want DOF game now! Heh.

But...Paraworld is great though :D, bit neglected, and rather cheesy and generic in places, but its fun...armored dinosaurs for crying out loud! Who wouldn't love that lol.

Oh yeah few more question:

1) Will the MMO side of DOF require any additional fee's to play on? I hope not :( as that would suck ><

2) Will the MMO side of DOF, be constantly updating and provide new content every now and then? Or is it not that sort of basis of MMO..?

3) Just went back and read something about, your able to customise your "own" hero in the MMO side of DOF? That's sounds awesome, can we have more detail on that? How diverse...are we talking about a range from, size of eye lashes to the type of armor and weapons he/she wears ? Hehe. (can we mix and match our heroes and/or be able to custom paint them?)

4) Which leads me onto the question of...will we be able to custom paint our armies or buildings like in Dawn of War? That would be fun ^^.

That's all for now and again, many thanks in advance :)

Vimes
04-11-2008, 05:02 PM
So you haven't tried a space based MMORTS yet? Whilst waiting here you could try Boundless Planet, Time of Defiance, and Beyond Protocol. All have demos or are in beta. Mankind is available too but no demo - complicated story.

I am interested in fee's also - the current vogue is free to play with pay to win addons. I say pay to win , as MMORTS is hugely complicated balance wise and the constant new additions to released games upsets and invalidates a lot of the balance testing done in beta. So released updates that involve purchased items tend to swing wildly balance wise.

I would expect constant updates though as this is expected of MMO games.

†TYRANICK†™
04-11-2008, 05:46 PM
So you haven't tried a space based MMORTS yet? Whilst waiting here you could try Boundless Planet, Time of Defiance, and Beyond Protocol. All have demos or are in beta. Mankind is available too but no demo - complicated story.

Where did i say i havent tried any? Lol i said i tried eve and sins :p oh and the 1st jump gate a while back

I will have a look at each of those, thanks :)

Well strictly speaking its not a full blown MMO so...i cant why you would need to pay extra :confused:. Then again if it isn't too much, i dont particularly mind...still reckon the experience should be free though :p

Puppeteer
04-12-2008, 04:55 AM
fine, I hate your essays because they're too long comparitively speaking for this forum :D
If this living-world-map/meta map were to be played online, it raises the contreversial issue of taking too long to play and finish. I know that EA tried for battle for middle earth 2 to have War of the Ring mode available online, but it took too long to complete and people got bored and left. Afterall, what is it but just playing skirmishs in an order of your choice?... huh?
So they tried to rectify this by allowing you to save it, but of course it was hard to arrange a time when the opponents could carry on. Most often, it was abandoned. I wouldn't want anything like this to happen on DoF, or a feeling of contempt will arise concerning the living-world-map, as did in bfme2. The War of the Ring mode could take days to complete...

†TYRANICK†™
04-12-2008, 10:01 AM
fine, I hate your essays because they're too long comparitively speaking for this forum :D
If this living-world-map/meta map were to be played online, it raises the contreversial issue of taking too long to play and finish. I know that EA tried for battle for middle earth 2 to have War of the Ring mode available online, but it took too long to complete and people got bored and left. Afterall, what is it but just playing skirmishs in an order of your choice?... huh?
So they tried to rectify this by allowing you to save it, but of course it was hard to arrange a time when the opponents could carry on. Most often, it was abandoned. I wouldn't want anything like this to happen on DoF, or a feeling of contempt will arise concerning the living-world-map, as did in bfme2. The War of the Ring mode could take days to complete...

You make a good point. Meta maps are only good when there done right. Hence was i would prefer...if there was such a mod, for it to be just against AI. It would need a lot of work and have to be unique, but meh i dont mind if there is or isn't such a mode, as long as, as you said, its not full blown MMO based

Back to the question of fee's...anyone got an answer for us?

My essays are t3h sh1tz ^^ :p

The Witch King of Angmar
04-12-2008, 12:18 PM
No fees, and I'd say yes to updating the MMORTS. I'm not sure the hero customization will be that in depth but it'll still be good. Finally, yes, you may change your coat of arms color but not much tweakage is involved. You can only change maybe the main color.

Sauron_9Gods9_Ldr
04-12-2008, 01:58 PM
ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3 try a real fun game that is still around like age of mytholigy its allmsot dead but its better there your exsampels your giving :/ btw aom has the best map edator of all time ^^

Konstantin Fomenko
04-12-2008, 02:40 PM
To address the monthly fee/new content question.

Even though bellow info is coming from RWS employee, this info is not official, anything might change, but right now the plan is as follows:

-DoF will have no monthly fee, this we can say with 90% certainty right now.
-Only in the event that DoF MMORTS really takes off, and we need to expand our servers, we`ll offer some sort of VIP subscription for something like 8-10$ a month.
-There will be plenty of new MMORTS content released every couple of weeks or so - quests, online campaigns, new monsters, new building and units added for your civilization. Some of these updates will be free, but majority will require VIP membership (if we do introduce one) or per-item purchase.
-Prices will be quite fair, something like 6 hour-of-gameplay new online campaign, with 3 new unit types will be priced around 5$-6$USD.
-Once we release a good deal of of such upgrades and new content (lets say in 4 months), we`ll be releasing online only expansion pack combining all the new upgrades. Prices might vary but definetly 19$ max. Few months after expansion pack is released it`ll be permanently integrated into the game and become a free update.
-There will be booster packs, similar to SAGA. But much less random, and with more variety and options. Booster packs will give player option of buying resources, more units, new unit types e.t.c at game`s website.

So in a nutshell, it`s free to play, with new free content added quite often. And even a free expansion packs down the road. But for players who really like DoF gameplay and world there will be option to spend a few bucks for new quests and units, and there will be macro VISA to Game money economy and market for really hardcore players and noobs:)

Should keep everyone happy, including developers. The money we`ll be collecting will mostly go towards developing new DoF MMORTS content like new quests.

SvN
04-12-2008, 02:53 PM
ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3

since when was AoE3 made by EA..?:o

†TYRANICK†™
04-12-2008, 07:44 PM
ok Tran STOP PALYING EAS GAY GAMES EXSAMPEL AOE 3 try a real fun game that is still around like age of mytholigy its allmsot dead but its better there your exsampels your giving :/ btw aom has the best map edator of all time ^^

OK first of all, learn to spell. Secondly, don't tell me what to and what not to play. Thirdly, I've played and have Age Of Mythology, been there done that and indeed it is a good game..(but the editor isn't that great). Fourthly, no...that's your opinion, AOE3 has an extremely advanced particle system for its genre, and its a brilliant game and remains one of my favourites. Fifthly...if your going to express your disliking for something, don't use terms like "gay", are you 11 or something? (no offense to mature 11 year olds lol)

@ SVN

Lol indeed :p, but something tells me he mite of meant to say "these" or...meh w/e

@ Fomenko

You have confused me horribly now lol, i dont quite get what you mean but ill give it a shot hehe:

Your 1st point:

so...on release, the MMO will be free and cost nothing extra? Cool that's good

2nd point:

Only if it becomes popular and people take to it and you need more servers, is when there may be added fee's? right...I guess that makes sense :)

Third:

Most will be free but a "VIP" access? What will that be? Some kind of thing you have a choice to do when going to register the game such as "Become a VIP member and get exclusive content immediately upon release" or...leading onto your 4th and 5th point, when you got enough added content available to buy your gonna create and expansion pack at around Ł9 pound or so, but eventually after that your gonna make it free?

I dont understand that principal =S, In some aspects is sounds like you may be harming your regular players/customers by choosing to make certain things only available to "VIP" players and cost extra, but im guessing you've got that sorted :). so.... kinda of an optional "buy now if your a heavy and regular MMO player or wait later if your more of single player kinda guy for it too be free" I assume the prices would be for supporting your new servers and the games future (as you said)...if it expands into a full blown sequel or if you guys decide make a full overall game expansion (but id be happy to pay for some stuff if it really became great hehe)

As long as you dont charge for...every single piece of new content (which you said you wouldn't so that's cool)

So its sorta like...you give the option to hardcore players to get new content asap...but in a way aren't you sort of restricting the average single players? You mention and "online campaign" that sounds great!...but what about additional content for single player and skirmish?

Finally what the hell is a "macro VISA to Game money economy and market"? Is that...as in "real" money? Or resources and income you get by/from your online conquests? I think the latter would be a great idea...say for example... before the next battle you could have the option to go to the market or (maybe even an auction house?) and choose to spend your income on exclusive units/buildings/upgrades/technology that's only available via the market..at a cost of maybe not having as many resources readily available in your next battle for regular use. That could work sooooooooo well, but you would have to make sure you balance it somehow to ensure players just dont spent all there resources into epic units or items w/e and ignore the primary gameplay elements, something like that would indeed rock...but feel free to elaborate more on what it is/does/ how it works :).

Sure is shaping up to be pretty awesome!

Robert Schultz
04-13-2008, 12:34 AM
It can't be a pay to play game... how would that work out with x-box live?:rolleyes:

Konstantin Fomenko
04-13-2008, 01:52 AM
It can't be a pay to play game... how would that work out with x-box live?
Yeah Xbox live players won`t have access to some extra features unfortunetly. But the core of online play with at least 30 quests and all the functions of player vs player combat should be quite good for most Xbox players.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 03:43 AM
So...they are your plans, but not set in stone yet? Still like to know what this macro visa to game money economy is gonna be :confused: +

- Single player added content?
- When people start to mod, could they put there mods on the browser website for either immediate download, or integration with the game?
- When and if you make a sequel to the game, will it be in the form of DOF2 or will it be a full game expansion 1st?

Leinad
04-13-2008, 08:34 AM
Yeah Xbox live players won`t have access to some extra features unfortunetly. But the core of online play with at least 30 quests and all the functions of player vs player combat should be quite good for most Xbox players.

i just hope u take a look at HGL and what such a mixed system of non subscribers and subscribers can do to a game.

Anyways rly nice game u've got there and there is defiantly potential. I am really curious to see a beta of DoF. :)

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 08:54 AM
i just hope u take a look at HGL and what such a mixed system of non subscribers and subscribers can do to a game.

Anyways rly nice game u've got there and there is defiantly potential. I am really curious to see a beta of DoF. :)

Is that a negative point your making about HGL? I cant tell lol.

I dont like that game, its a bit boring to me.

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 11:05 AM

HOLY **** I JUST NOTICED YOUR SIG LMFAO

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 11:10 AM
HOLY POOP I JUST NOTICED YOUR SIG LMFAO

Lol stay on topic please :D

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 11:11 AM
lawl's....you think i MORGAN can stay on topic....I AM BEWULF * KICK*

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Well you'd be glad to know you've been reported by about 3 people now. Please stop going off topic, I'm asking you nicely to just please stick to the thread topic, or if you have got nothing to say about the issues involved, then please don't post.

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 11:24 AM
lawl's im like an eldar on this forums...iv been here for like a long time...but yeah i have been warned about 3 times that i might get removed so :P

The Witch King of Angmar
04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
But do you bring anything useful to the forums? Back on topic of customization, do you think you can put walls over a body of water such as a river to make a moat type of entrance to your castle?

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 11:28 AM
your right...im uselesss

Ryan Zelazny
04-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Hello everyone, sorry for my long absence, lets see if I can answer some of the questions posed here. I'm not going to go back and answer all your points Tyranic, but if I miss something you are really concerned with post it again and I will get to it.

Naval Combat will be quite intensive, however we do not have a damage engine that will actually put cannon holes through where they hit the walls and such, however they will do damage and be able to eventually destroy structures.

We have three main types of weather; Sun (basically no weather effects), Rain and Snow. Rain and Snow will affect your units line of sight. We have other advantages/hindrances planned but we'll have to wait to see what will actually get implemented.

Map sizes are quite large it takes about 5-8 minutes to cross a map.

I am not a scenario designer, but from what they have expressed about the editor, we have one of the best ones available. The game is completely modable and with some experienced people you should be able to use it to create basic mods as well as total conversions.

We will be putting out patches as they are required, we will not abandon DoF after release, as the way we handle our first title will directly affect the way our next title will be received. With the online portion, we will be adding content to the MMO side of the game that will be purchasable at first, however we are planning on making it free after a time. These purchasable add-ons will not be "required" to play but will definately make you a harder opponent to people who do not have the same type of units available, not to say that you are invicible if you buy all the add-ons, but that it will aid players in making a better army.

As far as magic goes, we are planning to just have offensive and defensive spells, you wont see floating castles and the like, but you will see huge displays of tactical magic your magic users will cast.

Win conditions will pretty much stay the same for most of the mulitplayer game types, with the exception of MMO mode, there will be quests similar to single player ones that will have things like, "last 30 minutes" or "Unit X must make it to this point on the map".

The amount of units and buildings is still being determined, we will have more info on that once we have reached a Beta status. At the moment we are still attempting to get as many of the features we "require" into the game, and then from there we will be adding things we want to have in the game. Something you learn early on as a developer is that you can never create something exactly how you want it, you have to make compromises for deadlines or for other factors.

We will have a day/night cycle, however you may begin certain maps at different times of that cycle, for instance you may begin a map at night, but it will eventually become day as the cycle progresses.

We do not have "ages" that your technology will upgrade, we will have upgrades however, so you may see guard towers use fire arrows instead of regular ones and things like that.

It it currently undetermined if we will have better "gear" for heroes, they will gain additional skills as they level up, but the idea of new gear is still being determined.

I cannot comment on the storyline at the moment, I would have to refer one of the writers to let you know.

As for the world map concept, there is a world map in the MMO version of the game, however gameplay is quite different to what you have described.

Hope I got all the important points, anymore questions just post them.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks a lot, that helps a lot indeed :D.

So to finalise:

- Your not planning to release content for single palyer then? Thats no problem...mods can take care of that hehe. MMO content sounds cool :D

- At the navel combat thing, nah i didn't means holes and such...i just meant against other boats or buildings made of wood or weaker materials, like it AO3 have very cool effects when smashing your cannon balls into other ships, the way when they loose health, the masts and sales, and chunks of wood, and the structure of the boat slowly comes apart and break off. Again probably moddable if needed hehe, so they wont have "debris" like particle effects on contact with the munitions then?

- Offense/defense magic, cool cool, will that involve RPG likes style of "buffing" individual units or squads (or maybe even buildings?)

- What will those win conditions be mostly in single player? Destroy, survive, resource related?

- I didn't really mean ages, i was just asking at what time period DOF is set it lol but that d/m

- How does this world map work in the MMO version, can we have more details on that?

Some final questions:

1) Probably a bit early on for you guys to answer but, how will mods be handled? Will it be like most games were, theres simply an option on the main menu saying "mods" or something creative like that haha :P. Which you simply tick to enable each 1 (unless there are conflicts). I.E. will you have a built in mod manager or...will we have to replace (backing up first of all obviously) original files or creating a "mods" folder, same with custom maps?

Coming from experience...I would recommend you take mod manager path, since it makes it more comprehensible and appealing for the community and customers in general.

2) Can we have another video yet? Pleeeeease? Lol no rush though hehe ^^

EDIT

As just arose in the other thread:

3) Will there be moral? In general on units, will there be any sort of measure of effectiveness in combat or other tasks in DOF (in the form of moral)?

Thank you for your replys so far, and again in advance :)

The Witch King of Angmar
04-13-2008, 01:10 PM
1. Yes to mods probaly.
2. Not yet. :(
3. I'd say yes.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Thx witch king :D

SPARROW94
04-13-2008, 02:33 PM
heyy... i dont like my post getting edited..... ):

Konstantin Fomenko
04-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Still like to know what this macro visa to game money economy is gonna be
Here`s an example from Saga. Here we have a 3rd party seeling game units, spells e.t.c We`ll have a similar system but on a secure in-game site without 3rd part and shady credit card transactions. (disclaimer, I am not saying sagaunits.com is shady:p)
http://www.sagaunits.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_2

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Wow so thats what saga is...a mmorts with...right ok >< lol.

So whose got it/ played/plays it then? Is it any good?

The trailer looked quite good but somethings put me off:

1) Doesnt look like it was ran on a good computer, big laggy

2) There were some horrible unit animations in that uugh >< hoping DOF wont have that :D

3) Looked rather confusing :S

Then again it was a youtube video :rolleyes:

Hmmm i mite give it a go and see whats its like, no harm in trying :)

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 03:43 PM
I was wondering you you might have like a card or something you could go buy at a shop and you could use that to get a certain number of booster packs. I was also wondering how the booster packs would work would they be like new units you can get that will be coming in an upcoming expansion or will it be like you are able to get more of the certain soldeir like saga. Becuase i personaly don't like the way saga does it. I would be good if its like you buy the booster pack thing and it gives you some new types of units/quests and thats it. Also i'm not sure I understood what you said in your previous post was it that all online buyable content will eventually become part of a expansion you can get or what?

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 04:03 PM
I was wondering you you might have like a card or something you could go buy at a shop and you could use that to get a certain number of booster packs. I was also wondering how the booster packs would work would they be like new units you can get that will be coming in an upcoming expansion or will it be like you are able to get more of the certain soldeir like saga. Becuase i personaly don't like the way saga does it. I would be good if its like you buy the booster pack thing and it gives you some new types of units/quests and thats it. Also i'm not sure I understood what you said in your previous post was it that all online buyable content will eventually become part of a expansion you can get or what?

Interesting idea...

@ Your question

Yes it will, and apparently it will all be eventually free :)

Well anywho...just done some snooping on this Saga game, IGN dont really like it haha http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/864/864371p1.html

Lol...read the bit on the 2nd page about the sound effects...xD! I nearly ****ed my self laughing haha xD!

Anywho...:rolleyes: back on topic.

PLEASE!!!! For all that is holy dont make DoF ANYTHING like saga...uh god its bloody awful, most people im talking to now on msn think its crap...but i have suggested them this game hehe, expect a lot more members on here soon :p

I dont like the look of that dodgy saga units site at all hah, I can see what you mean entirely lol.

I dont think you guys should base your system of saga's, or really make it so and individual unit is $0.14 lol xD.

A better idea would be to categorise (the stuff you are going to require purchase) into categories, units, buildings, technology, upgrades. Then sub-divide again into to like, infantry, siege, military structure, economic structure, etc. And then allow for users to browse the units and their stats etc and be able to buy in "clusters". Because buying individual units at once is really fiddly ><.

As a suggestion...i think it would be better to just let the game "flow out" upon release, then maybe after a couple of months start to introduce your system. But if your going to introduce a "booster" pack (would that include all content that has been released separately?) you might as well add some sort of tag to the individual unit saying "part of booster" or something. But the best idea i reckon would be for you to just show us what content you'll be adding, just for us to view, then release a booster pack.

But meh, i just hope you guys know what your doing with this hehe, i dont want it to fail like saga has.

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 04:14 PM
wow SAGA came out in 2008? yikes well it sound like this game is gonna be alot better. I just don't like saga they have some issues with the whole castle management. Also you have to pay for like all your troops? No thank you. Just please don't make it to complicated like this: O you can get your troops for only 9$ per person. And don't forget booster pack A16783123 B1233456. Do you want bronze silver or gold subscription? Can I just buy the game some expansions and maybe some online campaigns please? :(

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 04:22 PM
wow SAGA came out in 2008? yikes well it sound like this game is gonna be alot better. I just don't like saga they have some issues with the whole castle management. Also you have to pay for like all your troops? No thank you.

Lol yeah its there apparent countermeasure to no subscription fee's lol.

As for this game, as been said, most new content will be free, but some will cost if you want a quick and fast advantage over your mates or want to confuse noobs haha, but apparently everything will be eventually (after maybe 6 months or so) be free as its being permanently added to the game, via patch or when and expansion pack in general.

Oh BTW Reverie, I'll be making a new thread soon on how you can best impress reviewers, like all the big ones like IGN and FP and *cough* gamespy *cough*

Which reminds me yet again...please dont use or even talk to or make your servers/stats reliant on bloody gamespy...friggin useless...bloody crap ignorant absolute ZERO support!.........gamespy lol. Even worse than than EA, who would of thought hehe.

So err yeah, may of been a bit harsh but, I can rally you several million people who would agree ;)

edit

Just please don't make it to complicated like this: O you can get your troops for only 9$ per person. And don't forget booster pack A16783123 B1233456. Do you want bronze silver or gold subscription? Can I just buy the game some expansions and maybe some online campaigns please?

Err come again?

Its not gonna be like that at all, its gonna be NOTHING like friggin Saga or anyone else, hopefully its gonna be nice and simple...oh and no "memberships" as long as you assumably register DoF you will be like a "VIP" which will allow you to get stuff on demand of the release (if you want...you dont have to as i said and the Dev's said, all content is eventually free)

You only really buy the new stuff for if your gonna be a avid hardcore MMO player, who is gonna be playing online all the time and wants every possible advantage over there opponent as quickly as possible..it wont of course make you invincible, but just allow some new strategies and added fun :), so chill :D

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 04:36 PM
I think i might buy expansions becasue I don't want to wate like 6 months for it to be free but don't think I'm gonna be all hard core adn buy the stuff right away. Depends on how much I like the game.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 06:34 PM
I think i might buy expansions becasue I don't want to wate like 6 months for it to be free but don't think I'm gonna be all hard core adn buy the stuff right away. Depends on how much I like the game.

My point exactly ^^

By the way...keep all your questions in one thread dude like I have, saves forums space hehe :).

LordSlayer
04-18-2008, 03:20 PM
I hope they'll make big expension packs cause I hate having to buy tons of little expension packs instead of one big pack.

Neotyguy40
04-18-2008, 08:01 PM
When I read about Saga... I wanted to cry myself to sleep... But then I remembered "Dawn of Fantasy", and that got me through it :o

SvN
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
don't know where to fit this question in so I'll put it here:)

-will there be things battle horns in DoF? When watching the LOTR movies, O just love the sound of horns, take the horn you hear before sarumans speach in isengard, or the horn when the black gate opens:rolleyes:

In Dof you could for example blow a horn before a fight/to retreat , when calling your villagers to take refuge inside the walls, when open the gate, whatever:p

-also, will there be marchchant/ warchant/ song among the soldiers? And marching? are we going to be able to take your whole army and march towards the enemy in perfect lines?:)

-and what about fear? will normal soldiers fear a tree of war or an ogre? or when they have clouds of arrows and catapult stones raining on them? will they take cover? behind shields and obstacles?

-And when your army attacks the enemy, are we going to hear a mighty roar from every man in the army before they run into the front lines to crush the enemy army?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-21-2008, 01:41 PM
I don't know about any of the cheering, etc. but units will react to fear I think.

LordSlayer
04-21-2008, 01:59 PM
don't know where to fit this question in so I'll put it here:)

-will there be things battle horns in DoF? When watching the LOTR movies, O just love the sound of horns, take the horn you hear before sarumans speach in isengard, or the horn when the black gate opens:rolleyes:

In Dof you could for example blow a horn before a fight/to retreat , when calling your villagers to take refuge inside the walls, when open the gate, whatever:p

-also, will there be marchchant/ warchant/ song among the soldiers? And marching? are we going to be able to take your whole army and march towards the enemy in perfect lines?:)

-and what about fear? will normal soldiers fear a tree of war or an ogre? or when they have clouds of arrows and catapult stones raining on them? will they take cover? behind shields and obstacles?

-And when your army attacks the enemy, are we going to hear a mighty roar from every man in the army before they run into the front lines to crush the enemy army?

I think those are great ideas but I that if they include those, there should be a way to turn them off so tha people who like to play without any distractions can play normally.

Puppeteer
04-22-2008, 09:56 AM
The horn played by the Harad chieftain in Ithilien atop the Mumakil, that's the best horn. I would love that implemented.
Maybe for humans they have banner carriers with trumpets, orcs crude horns, elves... ornate horns?... and who knows about dragons

SvN
04-22-2008, 10:14 AM
The horn played by the Harad chieftain in Ithilien atop the Mumakil, that's the best horn. I would love that implemented.
Maybe for humans they have banner carriers with trumpets, orcs crude horns, elves... ornate horns?... and who knows about dragons

that would be brilliant!:) and the dragons could just roar;)

Neotyguy40
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
that would be brilliant!:) and the dragons could just roar;)

The dragons do roar, I think I remember seeing it in the trailer.

LordSlayer
04-23-2008, 05:13 PM

I think elves should get some really weird looking and even weirder sounding instrument instead of a normal horn :D

Neotyguy40
04-23-2008, 06:37 PM
I think elves should get some really weird looking and even weirder sounding instrument instead of a normal horn :D

The elves will probally use bird calls in the forest to signal a attack... They remind me of rogues.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:29 PM
The elves will probally use bird calls in the forest to signal a attack... They remind me of rogues.

But wouldn't birdcalls sometimes lead to confusion? I think they may use those when they are planning an ambush but I think they should use horn (or another instrument) for the open battlefield.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Maybe it could be a unique bird sound that really doesn't sound like any other bird.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Maybe it could be a unique bird sound that really doesn't sound like any other bird.

But wouldn't that defeat the whole purpose of using bird sounds?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Fine scratch the bird sound, just make it sound animalish.

LordSlayer
04-24-2008, 03:45 PM
Fine scratch the bird sound, just make it sound animalish.

I most definetly agreed.

Neotyguy40
04-24-2008, 10:38 PM
I most definetly agreed.

As long as it sounds natural... I'm ok with it!:cool:

Puppeteer
04-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Maybe the wood elven units use bird calls, but the Royal Guardians dressed in full regalia use blaring horns of coral or something

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:25 PM
Maybe the wood elven units use bird calls, but the Royal Guardians dressed in full regalia use blaring horns of coral or something

Don't you think coral is a little out of place in huge pine forests?

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:27 PM
Maybe it could be a wooden horn/flute?

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe it could be a wooden horn/flute?

Maybe gold with precious stone incets

The Witch King of Angmar
04-25-2008, 02:41 PM
Graphics would have to be good for that.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 02:52 PM

And better graphics means a better graphics card needed...

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:53 PM

Maybe not so fancy, but just enought so the players understand that it is an incredible piece of elven craftsmanship.

Village Sock
04-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah graphics would have to be really good for that...

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
Yeah graphics would have to be really good for that...

Not that much, just make it really flashy compared to the rest.

Village Sock
04-25-2008, 03:00 PM
Basically then...

Yeah graphics would still have to be really good for that...

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 03:02 PM
Basically then...

Not that much. It will probably take better graphics to make the characters' faces then to make a nice elven horn.

Village Sock
04-25-2008, 03:03 PM
That 'basically then' I just had to add because of this stupid word limit.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:04 PM

I don't care about graphics... Just the gameplay.

Village Sock
04-25-2008, 03:11 PM
So, why did you quote that then?

LordSlayer
04-25-2008, 03:14 PM

What word limit? In all my posts (and some of them are short) I have never been hampered by a word limit.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:16 PM
So, why did you quote that then?

I'm starting to wonder that myself...

Puppeteer
04-25-2008, 03:24 PM
Umm I was under the impression that the elves comprise of Wood Elves and High Elves, and I would imagine that the High Elves have travelled and explored the land, and thus chartered it. Going to the sea and travelling further and discovering the delights of coral is something I assumed.

Neotyguy40
04-25-2008, 03:39 PM
Umm I was under the impression that the elves comprise of Wood Elves and High Elves, and I would imagine that the High Elves have travelled and explored the land, and thus chartered it. Going to the sea and travelling further and discovering the delights of coral is something I assumed.

... Umm, elves have nothing to do with coral.

Puppeteer
04-26-2008, 04:15 AM
If they do comprise of High Elves then whilst exploring, if they did, they would have found an abundance of new resources and would use each one. I doubt they limit themselves to just their immediate surroundings. The wood elves might, but not the high elves. Stop being so picky, instead laterally think.

LordSlayer
04-26-2008, 06:20 AM
... Umm, elves have nothing to do with coral.

Unless they have a costal stronghold or city or they have easy access to coral reafs, then they shouldn't use coral unless it's a really special item (maybe hero stuff).

Puppeteer
04-26-2008, 07:22 AM
They can bring back resources from afar if they realise a use for it. Anyway, coral was just one suggestion of something that looks as elegant as that

Revan
08-10-2008, 12:10 PM

Lol Age of empires 3 isn't an EA game, by the way your spelling could use a little work ;)

Esculas the Mighty
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
lol age of mythologyu is great but that only cause we mod the game to make it funner with the scenarios

anywayim just bored need something to post in we need INFO,RUMOR,SOMETHING

Puppeteer
08-27-2008, 12:19 PM
And Sauron was trying to join Reverie? Pfft

kronlc
10-23-2008, 06:41 PM
And Sauron was trying to join Reverie? Pfft

The ghastly fellow.......

Toralero
10-24-2008, 12:33 PM
Hi im soory if some one has asked already but my question is about the population limit? i am a big fan of stratgy games and one thign thate anoys me a loot is pop limit.. like in Age of empire 2 & 3 the population limit ruined every thing...

is it possibul to make an option thate would regulate to near infinite or less than 100 men? i mean the person could ajust the option depending on ther PC quality

Toralero
10-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Hi im soory if some one has asked already but my question is about the population limit? i am a big fan of stratgy games and one thign thate anoys me a loot is pop limit.. like in Age of empire 2 & 3 the population limit ruined every thing...

is it possibul to make an option thate would regulate to near infinite or less than 100 men? i mean the person could ajust the option depending on ther PC quality

Ops.. i dint se ther whas already a Thread for this..soory

szebus
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Pfff, don't know where to put this and don't want to open new thread but will there be an ingame implemented bug report for mmo mode ? And for the beta a questionaire when some exit the game.

Irsig
03-04-2009, 02:17 PM
hi to all

i have a sugestion about the MMO part

is possible have personal banner and use something like the army paint of Dawn of War for personalize your army????

sorry if i don't explain well i don't speak english well

The Witch King of Angmar
03-04-2009, 04:06 PM
This has already been discussed. Otherwise, welcome to the forums.

http://www.reverieworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=490