PDA

View Full Version : How and when did you hear about Dawn of Fantasy?

Pages : [1] 2

acekaze
02-02-2011, 02:48 AM
I only learned about this game last month on the massivly webpage, and i am happy for that :D since it looks liike this game as been on the "release" for ages, so now that i seen trailer i only have to been eager to try it out for 2 months.

Smikis
02-02-2011, 05:10 AM
couple years ago i saw first trailers i think, forgot since then untill i saw trailer on g4tv and grabed my interest again, so i googled it, and look its closing open beta, got me pumped and made me reconsidering buying some other games,
since i love this type of games, and hope this wont disapoint , time will tell

master0p
02-02-2011, 05:30 AM
few years ago ago.
I found it because i was googling mmorts and can't remember which website gave me the link.
i saw a trailer in 2008 it was amazing.
I was sold and time by time i was checking around to see the progress, untill it will release.
in 2010 i registered myself but only read the forum and lately i am posting my thoughts as well.

Hans
02-02-2011, 05:39 AM
I watched for a new RTS Game like Stronghold 3, BFME3 or Age of Empires 4 but didnt fined any good news, at any time i found the Website and looked the awesome Trailer !

I think DoF and SH3 will have a great competion who the better game at summer :D But i think DoF gonna be better cause all what i saw from SH3 are Bull**** :mad:

Th3 Mastodon
02-02-2011, 05:44 AM
I dont know a couple of years ago

Manasky
02-02-2011, 07:02 AM
It's a couple of years since now, so I don't really remember, but I've been followig the game every month since I registered on this forum.

Bamboocha
02-02-2011, 09:20 AM
i heard about it from a norwegian gaming site called Gamer.no :rolleyes:

blackraven
02-02-2011, 09:57 AM
couple years ago i saw first trailers i think, forgot since then untill i saw trailer on g4tv and grabed my interest again, so i googled it, and look its closing open beta, got me pumped and made me reconsidering buying some other games,
since i love this type of games, and hope this wont disapoint , time will tell

I found out about it while watching The MMO Report then googled it like you.
The MMO Report FTW! :)

Smithy
02-02-2011, 12:03 PM
Herd about it from Rock paper shotgun about 2 weeks ago

Noel Bohac
02-02-2011, 01:23 PM
Before I joined the team , a friend mentioned it knowing I am a huge gamer and strat player. Never been in the gaming side of the business before joining Reverie, thou it took this game to actually make me do it after 20 years of coding. Just saying, all that time I never ever once wanted to get in the business till now, that tells you what I saw and now see in this title. Had plenty of chances with others, but I took this as that first step to which I hope will be years of gaming goodness and moving up the ladder so to speak :)

So all due to one friend I am here and now part of the team, go fig how things work out sometimes. ;)

-Thunderborn,

See what you did? :-0

kessevan
02-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I heard aboutit on The MMO Report.

Henry Martin
02-02-2011, 05:22 PM
I think the first time I saw dof was on youtube. I think I was looking for a new rts to play, but not a mmorts. After seeing the trailer I found the forums. I then forgot about it for like a year and ran across it again which is when I saw the first beta sign up back in 2009. The beta didn't start for almost a year later, but I stayed on the forums posting and eventually made it onto the team!

arthas242
02-02-2011, 05:23 PM
i heard about it today watching the MMO report

Froody42
02-02-2011, 06:56 PM
I first heard of it through word of mouth, when a fan advertised it on TWCenter.net. I immediately knew this was a game I had to check out :D

hocus
02-03-2011, 07:03 AM
mmo champion - the mmo report with mr.shriner*poss mis-spell there*. This game looks awesome and cant wait!

arthas242
02-03-2011, 07:09 AM
i noticed a lot of people hearing about this game from mmo report

swuopa
02-03-2011, 07:32 AM
in an italian forum regarding RTS game and MMO

we waching you 8)

Dolas
02-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Like a lot of other people, I saw it was mentioned on this weeks MMO report. It actually goes to show how many people actually watch it.

blackraven
02-03-2011, 09:28 AM
Thats awesome how so many people saw it on The MMO Report. That show tells me about so many cool games!

TriggerHappyNDB
02-03-2011, 09:36 AM
I do a lot of industry research on digital entertainment and found myself thinking one day about how Blizzard, famed creators of some of the most beloved RTS games of all times, up and converted one into an MMORPG franchise, simultaneously tackling and arguably perfecting a methodology for both genres.

So I started to wonder: What if they took their experience with the MMO meta-genre and applied it to one of their fantastic RTS franchises? After putting together some technical and balance designs of what I thought would make a good MMORTS, a quick Google search of the term led me here, and I've settled in quite happily, convinced DoF has an excellent shot where so many other MMORTS attempts have failed.

blackraven
02-03-2011, 09:46 AM
I do a lot of industry research on digital entertainment and found myself thinking one day about how Blizzard, famed creators of some of the most beloved RTS games of all times, up and converted one into an MMORPG franchise, simultaneously tackling and arguably perfecting a methodology for both genres.

So I started to wonder: What if they took their experience with the MMO meta-genre and applied it to one of their fantastic RTS franchises? After putting together some technical and balance designs of what I thought would make a good MMORTS, a quick Google search of the term led me here, and I've settled in quite happily, convinced DoF has an excellent shot where so many other MMORTS attempts have failed.

I totally agree I think DoF will do well. I mean look at that evony game it kind of similar to DoF but DoF looks 100X better. I for one need more than army stats & tax rates in game.

nauro
02-03-2011, 11:47 AM
I just found out about this game like 30 minutes ago and now I'm just browsing the forums reading as much as I can.

ZyndromZ
02-03-2011, 12:59 PM
I found a viideo on youtube about it today lol, and it looks pretty cool.

lamaking65
02-03-2011, 05:29 PM
lol last week from mmosite.com

OniKenji
02-03-2011, 07:26 PM
i heard from mmosite.com

Alaric
02-03-2011, 07:27 PM
I first heard about it on the MMO report.

Khan kreiger
02-03-2011, 07:32 PM
From gamespot i was just searching through the real-time strategy games and i came across this game and saw some pics, i was very interested in it so i went to the website joined the forums and here i am :D
oh ya and iv been following this game for atleast 2 years now...

Adonai_80
02-03-2011, 07:38 PM
I found it through a website that was talking about Stronghold, as I was trying to find out any info about the old ones - needless to say I'm super excited!

Stormeh
02-03-2011, 07:40 PM
I believe I first found DoF when looking through a list on mmorts games online about 2 years ago, stumbled upon the site, and have been keeping tabs on it ever since.

Kratos
02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Just found out about it from a fellow guild member. I was amazed by the gameplay video and new instantly that this was a game I had to play.

wiredpenguin
02-03-2011, 10:38 PM
About a year ago and I have been checking back to for a release date recently. I enjoy the MMORTS genre a lot and loved the stronghold series (currently checking out Stronghold Kingdoms). DoF is looking really good so far.

Skarik
02-04-2011, 06:15 AM
I've only just found out about this game and I must say I'm pretty damn impressed, and rather surprised I hadn't heard of it sooner! I only found out about it whilst searching for the most anticipated game release of the year. I am loving this new concept of MMORTS, and am looking forward to seeing how it all works out.

Ronus
02-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I am a member of a decently large Guild and one of our members has been following this game for awhile , but he held off showcasing it to us to make sure it was something we would like. Well he finally spilled the beans and you will have more of us swarming over to hopefully help test out the game for you :cool:

Mokhir
02-05-2011, 08:59 AM
1 week ago while looking for some mmorpgs, i discovered the WONDER of MMORTS!!
If i had discovered this game years ago and watch it progress but not release i think i would've hanged myself.;)

EdwardTheGreat
02-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Just the other day, I have always being an avid MMORTS and Fantasy genre fan, I was searching the internet looking for some new RTS games because my other one is closing down, and what do you know? I saw a trailer of this and was immensely impressed!

LiTos456
02-05-2011, 11:34 AM
Long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.
Lol.

Loclear
02-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Read about it yesterday when googling "games like stronghold"
Bet I'm not the only one.

Griegor Mcvennor
02-05-2011, 11:22 PM
I just stumbled on the website one day. I was looking for a good war MMO and I ran across this sort of on accident. It seems very intriguing and I'd like to play somthing different from the usual run of the mill MMO's. The last one I played close to a real wargame was Darkfall and that was fairly cool for a while.

Custos
02-06-2011, 02:21 AM
I only learned about this game last month on the massivly webpage, and i am happy for that :D since it looks liike this game as been on the "release" for ages, so now that i seen trailer i only have to been eager to try it out for 2 months.

I typed mmorts, before they started developing such a game I have in earnest been looking for something like this. Frankly this is a new genre to the world of gaming and not an easy one to pull off well, i tried many of the other mmorts out there, such as dreamlords, saga, Stronghold Kingdoms and picaroon. They fell short in my opinion, the rigid requirements in building locations too much emphasis on "purchasing" units and loooooooooooooooong waits between fair battles... poor graphics, cause admittedly i am kinda shallow i like pretty things, and also i very much like the medieval stuff. I dont mind companies having bonuses to purchase as obviously they need to get paid somehow but i think for the other games they were too oriented on "buy" this and money won over skill. Also for dreamlords you developed your army in an internet browser and than took them into battle... very disappointing. Out of all of them Stronghold Kingdoms had the most potential in the end i got tired of it though, i liked the fiefdom development but it lacked one of the essential things i had been looking for, aesthetics and personalization. Kingdom building seemed to breakdown into too much of another browser game and tactics were minimal armies blobbed at the castles. I am hoping for a lot from this game and await in eager anticipation how it will be pulled off. I also kind of hope that a strategy map will be employed where visual territorial expansion can be charted for guilds or factions. That's always fun to see kingdoms grow and diminish territories in constant contest. Maybe even incorporate something like territorial reinforcements game allowing people to reinforce a battle after a friendly army has been routed one HUGE mosh pit of chaos allowing for a battle at a contested territory last for days as armies are sent time and time again to hold it.

doomkid98
02-06-2011, 07:56 AM
just heard about it today in a "recommended MMO'S" thread on mmosite.com. good hooked instantly

D4kai
02-06-2011, 10:19 AM
On the polish site about mmo's, they called Dawn of Fanasty is best mmorts ever.

Kasperio
02-06-2011, 01:57 PM
My best friend adviced me to take a look at it, and i was completely hooked. I am looking so much forward for the release of this game, as it can clearly provide the gaming world with something we've needed for a long, long time. :D

Zwilorg
02-06-2011, 04:06 PM
:p

i saw the trailer on one of the best blogs about games i know ^^

RPS -> rock,paper,shotgun

it stuck with me along time ago... i remembered about it a week ago and searched a bit for it ^^

darklegends8
02-06-2011, 11:54 PM
Came across the game on mmosite.

willyneo
02-06-2011, 11:58 PM
I saw it on the mmo report. I love RTS games and thought an MMORTS sounds like an awsome idea.

qqmotion
02-07-2011, 06:31 AM
I knew this game last year but recently came back to my mind when i was surfing MMOSITE reading the news, finding out that there is a OBT coming up. Im so excited about it. Hope i can participate in it :D

Merku
02-07-2011, 11:41 AM
A couple of years back with their original trailer. I remember seeing something on it on gamespot back in the day... never any updates there or any other gaming website that I knew of - so I just creeped the forums every few days to see what was up.

Glad to see that these guys are finally getting published! This has way too much going for it to be lost.

Kultyz
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
I was browing upcoming games for the year 2011 on ign.com and... it somehow called my attention, so i went around to gather more info and here i am.

PS: i think some more marketing and perhaps explore some media's online structures, could bring more acknowledgement of the game to possible players.

Also more video based content or cinematics could do some magic.

Saitexx
02-07-2011, 04:04 PM
I heard about it in the MMO Report, got me hooked Straight away, since im a fan of Tribal wars and the total war series! :)

ilovemmorts
02-08-2011, 01:05 AM
Saw the trailer on YouTube, googled it, and now here we are. I am accumulating posts hoping to get into the OB!!

What a fantastic concept for a game! I hope it gets big upon release...I hope at least 100k people play it.

King Cow
02-08-2011, 01:22 AM
From the bay 12 other games forums. Seems like it could be pretty interesting.

Noel Bohac
02-08-2011, 02:17 AM
I was browing upcoming games for the year 2011 on ign.com and... it somehow called my attention, so i went around to gather more info and here i am.

PS: i think some more marketing and perhaps explore some media's online structures, could bring more acknowledgement of the game to possible players.

Also more video based content or cinematics could do some magic.

Thnx for all the comments everyone!

As far as media attention , no worries it's on the way! The publisher and the team are working hard to come out with some awsome info! So stick around, it's sooner then you might think! ;)

franticdaz1
02-08-2011, 11:44 AM
i was googling mmorts found a bunch of rubbish browser games then this.

Luring
02-08-2011, 12:41 PM
I was checking out a webpage dedicated to reviewing games and I saw this games name barely in the calendar of expected releases. The name was catchy so I clicked on it and here I am :p

Crosland
02-08-2011, 12:48 PM
Heard about it around 2 weeks ago on the MMO report :rolleyes:

jasont21
02-08-2011, 12:49 PM
used to play total war witha few friends, but stopped when they turned to ... dare i say it... WOW.... they then found this and it looks great. they get there MMO and i get my medieval style fighting. perfect combo!

Ezekiel
02-08-2011, 12:59 PM
I was given a link from a friend, and it instantly caught my eye. Safe to say it should be a worthy buy.

swedishviking
02-08-2011, 04:19 PM
I heard about it on the MMO Report and I was intrigued...I am surprised there are not that many MMO sites covering this game.

Karthus
02-08-2011, 04:29 PM
MMOsite had an article "Recommended MMOs in February 2011" this game was listed watched the trailer and here i am.

swedishviking
02-08-2011, 04:40 PM
MMOsite had an article "Recommended MMOs in February 2011" this game was listed watched the trailer and here i am.

i am going to have to start branching out of my news site comfort zone....I was thinking that Massively should have said something, but oh well...

Brian Shingles
02-09-2011, 04:36 AM
i am going to have to start branching out of my news site comfort zone....I was thinking that Massively should have said something, but oh well...

You must have missed this on Massively then -> http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/dawn-of-fantasy-mmorts-coming-in-june/

QuantaDragon
02-09-2011, 06:13 AM

I did the same thing you did lol.

wou129
02-09-2011, 07:42 AM
wel i dont know when it was look at the top right of this post there is my joning date of the forum its the smae day i found out about the game the way i found ou was becose i was loking fore a mmo rts with google and this was 1 of the hits

GrimbleMcArmon
02-09-2011, 09:50 AM
Some random ass sketchy looking site one of those ones that look liek they were made in the 90's. and today lol

swedishviking
02-09-2011, 02:17 PM
You must have missed this on Massively then -> http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/01/18/dawn-of-fantasy-mmorts-coming-in-june/

strange, massively doesn't list it under their games tab....maybe they forgot to link it or something

TheHoboGod
02-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Personally, I forgot. I actually found out about this game somewhere in '09, but I joined much later on the forums to express my opinions. Brings me back, man.......

FuRioN
02-09-2011, 03:00 PM
i saw trailer on g4tv......And I was hooked, definately my type of game!!!

angeldarklcd
02-10-2011, 01:22 PM
I was looking for something new and awesome and just stumbled upon the site a long time ago. Was hoping for an earlier release, but I prefer a polished game so keep up the good work devs.

Eomyn
02-10-2011, 06:19 PM
Saw it on onlinewelten :D

Chuyuri
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I literally stumbled upon it while I was looking for something else, lol. So glad I did.

TheWeeIrish
02-11-2011, 04:05 AM
Its funny how I found it, I was looking for Company of Heroes Realism Mods, and one thing lead to another and I found myself looking for MMORTS games. Saw a video on youtube and decided wow this looks good for a change (Use to Dreamlords).

ea732
02-11-2011, 11:10 PM
Just recently, was looking for a good rts to play, and this one seems to be very interesting

louboy
02-12-2011, 12:09 AM
grasse a se super site merci a se site http://www.jeuxonline.info/:D

Greatness101
02-12-2011, 01:07 AM
I actually heard about it from a comment bashing Age of Empires online on Youtube about an hour ago. This seems interesting.

Lord-Luis15
02-12-2011, 07:18 AM
I heard about this game a few weeks ago thanks to 3djuegos

MikeDitka
02-12-2011, 02:50 PM
mmorpg.com

elielikesnow@hotmail.com
02-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I was actually looking for a MMORTS game to play and before this I played Company of Heroes with a friend however it is shutting down. Then I found Age of Empires Online but people were complaining about how the graphics were all kiddy and what not and recommended Dawn of Fantasy and now I'm here :)

Neutral884nz
02-13-2011, 01:08 AM
I only just found out about this game today, looking around for a game similar to stronghold but with world domination type gameplay and this game looks fantastic, stumbled accross it on youtube. Already made my account and signed up for the beta right away!

Godwyn
02-13-2011, 07:38 AM
My mate pointed me here, i instantely registered after viewing the trailer

LiTos456
02-13-2011, 09:22 AM
grasse a se super site merci a se site http://www.jeuxonline.info/:D

English only please.

canibauz
02-16-2011, 03:37 PM
Been lurking and following this game for a couple years now. I think I heard about it when I was googling for an mmorts and it popped up.

Dawiichan
02-16-2011, 04:47 PM
I heard about it on MMOSITE. I like RTS games a lot so when i saw it i was really intrigued.

MurdaMunkey
02-16-2011, 05:37 PM

i learned of it in the same way!

acepilot23
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
I have been searching for a great mmorts for a long time. Luckily I saw an open beta announcement on mmosite today and signed up immediately.

Lasher
02-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Through a facebook friend who posted about it. That lead me to the main page.

Bairdo
02-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I was searching upcoming rts games and DoF caught my attention. It sounds like the type of rts game I;ve been waiting for

Sarkata
02-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Learned about the game while google searching for castle building sims.

Folsom
02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
Massively tipped me off as well.

Arnfiarnunn Neanias
02-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Google => mmorts ^^
official site & JoL (http://www.jeuxonline.info ) then to get more informations

edit: in summer 2009

swou
02-18-2011, 04:49 PM
Found a link from mmosite, and I've always been into games like this =)

Tolbby
02-18-2011, 11:20 PM
I've been looking for over a year now for a good MMORTS game, and I still have failed to find a good one. So far I've been frustrated about the fact where I leave for 1 day cause life is more important, to find everything I worked a long time to build up demolished withing less then an hour.

Also, lots of the time the game gets too repetitive to have the urge to continue playing. If this game had some sort of custom tech system, or even some special thing in game that keeps spicing up the game play, then this game definently will be worth playing.

Tophat
02-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Rock Paper Shotgun linked me here a while ago, been waiting with bated breath ever since

nraheim6554mac
02-23-2011, 05:05 PM
I found this game on Sunday while I was looking through the MMOSite news.

Kieme
02-24-2011, 03:31 AM
I also saw this on MMOSite, looks an interesting game.

I really look forward to it, especially because of permanent economy and army organizational flexibility.

Framer
02-24-2011, 05:03 AM
I just accidently stumbeld upon the site more

Bloodkilt
02-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I found out about it today. I was looning for a new game to play, and it came up on a top 2011 mmo sites list.

Gilamar
02-26-2011, 06:59 PM
saw it on mmo news. seemed awesome so i checked this out

Monteiro
02-26-2011, 07:03 PM
I heard about this game last week on a pc games magazine. It looked very amazing when i first read it. So i googled it and saw movies on youtube and i was impressed :D
cant wait to play it :p

Hajuhl
02-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Heard about it from my brother :), can't wait to try it out.

TheTower
02-27-2011, 02:34 AM
Stumbled by chance via Google.

Cheyenne99
02-27-2011, 07:20 AM
found it on several gaming sites like onlinewelten.com, mmosite.com..

qdraxter
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
www.mmosite.com

lokiisgrim
02-28-2011, 12:26 PM
heard about it on the mmo report from G4 a few months ago.

AlphaReaper
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
I only heard about it a few weeks back when massively.com ran a story about it. I thought it looked sweet and had a good angle to it so I thought i will stop by and check out the sight!

hugenhlfan
02-28-2011, 05:49 PM
I found it accidentally (thank goodness!!) you need to advertise it don't let this great game go to waste.

darkheart
02-28-2011, 05:53 PM

i learned about it before it was even here there was a fourm set up by the others about a year ago untill they shut it down due to delays getting the game launched there were some realy nice screen shots of how the game progressed day 1 vs now

blackone91
03-01-2011, 03:27 AM
i saw the trailer on youtube and it was like: wow i need this :D

andrmaolse
03-01-2011, 03:31 PM
i found this game on mmosite.com today :D
now i just need to get in-game... :P
is there a download link somewhere?

Baxter
03-01-2011, 06:49 PM
I was searching for a massive epic type RTS (as I often do) and stumbled upon this a couple of years ago. I've been watching its progress since, and Im excited for June! I still cant seem to find a large scale RTS game that really appeals to me. I've done a ton of the Total War type games and Supcom, but this is still the most interesting title in my opinion since I first found it in 2009:)

Watari
03-04-2011, 06:07 AM
I just hear about it a couple of days ago. A friend of my told me about this game, because he know we got a similar liking about games.^^

And wow since this few days I love this game and just can't wait to play it, may it in the open beta or just when its released.

Zardoz02
03-19-2011, 03:20 PM
Hmm, thanks for the insight, Noel. Interesting. Gives me hope for this title. I tried to get in Q/A once, was working for a tech support company doing linux system support for point of sale terminals. Unluckily for me, the programmers were forced to train replacements for themselves in India. I saw the writing on the wall, and got into a different profession. Congrats to you for getting this project, hope it does well!

anders890
03-20-2011, 07:11 AM
saw the game's trailer 2 years ago. Been waiting the open beta since then.

VenSen
03-20-2011, 07:46 AM
some years ago i looked for an onlin rts game and found a trailer of this game first i was interestet but forgot soon about it now i found it again and see it finally entert beta

bosiK111
03-22-2011, 02:22 AM
I have found information about DoF on mmorpg game site.

Cyroch
03-22-2011, 03:34 AM
found the game just a few days ago on my favourite gaming site.

marokgd
03-24-2011, 02:34 AM
found game on website and watched the video ^^ then came here cuz video was amazing

Osric
03-24-2011, 05:33 AM
Umh.. i saw that game in mmorpg italian site.... that week..

Sabinox
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
I must admit i've lost sight of the new MMO release in last years, since i was lacking interest in MMOs since DaoC... Seen this game on an specialized italian site and made me curious! So here i am... :)

Anonimo
03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Cool......

Anonimo
03-24-2011, 02:33 PM
Very coooolllllllllllllll....

Joobs
03-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Search engines for the win.

7 posts to go...

jimehau
03-26-2011, 08:18 PM
I was walking the dog and he stopped and told me it was time that I meet his masters.

He led me to an old hollowed out treestump and we walked down a spiral stair for many hours.

Eventually, it opened up into a Spaceport where dogs were walking around like humans and carrying lightsabers and everything.

So I was taken to their leader who requested that I be the space dogs representitive in DoF and report back on my progress with doggy treats every 3600 years.

beta key please? cmoooooon

TStroke
03-27-2011, 03:19 AM
Yesterday I got it into my head it would be cool to play a MMORTS so I started looking for some games. First I stumbled onto End Of Nations which I think looks really good, but still release is not yet announced. Then when I looked a bit further and came upon the awesome trailer of this game qnd here I am.

Cosmicron
03-27-2011, 11:20 AM
I heard about it through massivly also

trans
03-27-2011, 11:28 AM
yesterday in mmostie.com

Eltimar
03-27-2011, 01:13 PM
One of my friends mentioned it to me and I felt compelled to check out the trailer. I've always been a fan of MMORTS type games. I am very excited to play it!

Mertens2142
03-27-2011, 01:41 PM
i used to play SAGA... but the whole card thing was a pain.. then i thought 'wouldnt it be cool if...' a few googles later and i found Dawn of Fantasy. this was 8 months ago XD

System
03-27-2011, 06:24 PM
I heard about it from a gaming community forum. The person that posted plays a lot of games and even does some reviews for the big wigs. He pointed us here and that is how I came to hear of Dawn of Fantasy.

materie
03-28-2011, 11:52 AM
I was searching the internet for something that resembles a real mmorts. And it seems i found one ;).

Chronic24
03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
was actually looking on google for a mmorts, and found this, looked amazing cant wait for it come out

knukeh
03-30-2011, 02:35 PM
just saw it in a list of games today and am kinda hooked.

Creed
03-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Today off of RTSguru.com, I watched the video and knew I had to sign up for beta.

masterjjx87
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
First time I heard about this game was on RTS guru where they wrote about the beta launch and it got me interest

silvox
04-01-2011, 02:24 PM
reading this spanish forum : www.mediavida.com

Tazzuia
04-01-2011, 10:05 PM
Just today from a friend. He suggested this game bc he knows that I like fantasy rts games and that I should give this a try.

ERSTEWEHRMACHT
04-02-2011, 05:14 AM
I heard of Dawn of Fantasy from my friend who was browsing around for a good free/beta RTS game since Company of Heroes Online is pretty much closed now. I believe he found it from a website like MMOHUT or something like that.

RedFernE
04-02-2011, 10:43 AM
found it on RTSguru i think, while i was searching for a new strategi game to play, and seems to be what i really looked after. :) all i need now is to play the darn thing hehe

rafaelfbl
04-02-2011, 01:08 PM
a couple mounths ago searching for a new game on gamespot.com

Scrapple206
04-04-2011, 12:47 PM
A friend told me about this game. I always dreamed of a MMORTS with a persistent world.

Shabazza
04-05-2011, 06:29 AM
I found it on Gamona, a german games website.
Just had to klick the "get beta key" button.

Revan
04-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Learned about it mid July of 2008 :) was scoping Gamespot and lists of upcoming RTS's until I came across this beauty XD

Maltroth
04-05-2011, 01:34 PM
I just simply clicked on the website. I was searching some games to play at ahah.

Andrei3185
04-06-2011, 05:47 AM
Hi all i found out about this game from a review on mmorpgcenter.com and i thought it was really fun to try a new rts game. when i saw the trailers i was really determined to play it . What about you how did you find out about this game ?

Mishkin
04-06-2011, 06:12 AM
About a year ago i saw a trailer for it on youtube

Tyfighter
04-06-2011, 09:40 PM
My friend just recently told me about it, I'm pretty active in the gaming community and hadn't heard of it at all.

Lost Legend
04-07-2011, 11:48 AM
my fav Gaming website 4players (German) introduced it to me :)

DeathAdder
04-08-2011, 02:59 AM
A friend told me about so I decided to check it out, looks pretty cool.

RobbieMorelos
04-09-2011, 07:56 PM
I heard about Dawn of Fantasy while when I was on a forum of some certain RTS game, some people were talking about this game.

firemandan9
04-11-2011, 02:30 PM
Have always been a gamer and beta tester for Google and one of my friends writes the updater so I have been hearing bits and pieces about the progress of the game.

Zvonzi
04-17-2011, 03:58 AM
I was looking a new game to play, and heard of this game on one gaming magazine site. Decided to check it out and it seems really good. :)

DreadedNorwegian
04-17-2011, 10:59 AM
saw it when i was googling on end of nations, another mmorts

Rotary3000
04-21-2011, 02:16 PM
saw the beta announcement on my Pulse reader during my morning constitutional.

ki adi mundi
04-21-2011, 02:45 PM
ive played a couple of mmorts games but got board with not bieng able to see or even control battles then i googled mmorts saw this and got goosbumps looked awsome:D

gerdon
04-21-2011, 02:48 PM
I heard about it about 6 months ago on mmorts.com

Briggsby
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm part of a (pretty much dead *hears Puppeteer groaning in the background*) Battle For Middle Earth mapping forum called Istari Productions or Immortal Phoenix. Been part of it for ages though I never actually finished any maps :P Always got half way through and got distracted or had other stuff interrupt it. Anyway one of the guys on the forum (I think it was JBV) started working on the game so I heard about it through that, been looking forward to it since but only remembered about it a few days ago and registered on the site and signed up for the beta immediately :D

Jonnyboy
04-21-2011, 06:43 PM
found it on RTSguru

racccoon
04-21-2011, 07:18 PM
heard about this on its first news release many moons ago. let it sit in my browser watch until I received a recent email. it seems chaos may rain down soon. :)

JonPWills@gmail.com
04-21-2011, 08:21 PM
I was reading Destructoid this morning, I always read their webpage, tomopop and Japanator every morning.

Loborob
04-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Saw it on RTSGuru.com , good site:D

Tazorzs
04-23-2011, 01:50 AM
I heard about it from gamespot under related games of the ones i was looking at. it got my interest from there on.

BorderLine
04-23-2011, 09:35 AM
it was by a french gaming website on strategy

Kelthius
04-23-2011, 06:32 PM
I googled MMORTS and this was something that popped up. Looks like it'll be the best in the genre.

azrul
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
found it today at rtsguru

Jin24
04-24-2011, 09:36 AM
a friend of mine told me about this game

unodallakorea
04-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I actually heard about it just yesterday, while I was looking for a free to play mmorpg, and I stumbled upon this new kind of mmorts and it really picked my curiosity. Can't wait to try it out then!

Garrelt
04-24-2011, 09:47 AM
i Found it a few week's ago i love rts games so a mmorts would just be awsome :D

Tigressa
04-24-2011, 11:09 AM
I have googled MMORTS in 2010 and have been watching the progress and youtube videos since. Can't wait to play :)

ruprecht
04-24-2011, 11:55 AM
Random search for New Castle Building Game led me here. The features look promising.

Davros
04-24-2011, 03:57 PM
heard about it at RTSGURU today.

Martel
04-24-2011, 04:16 PM
I came across it while perusing RTSGURU, looked interesting and decided to check it out.

Martel

Lethal
04-24-2011, 09:59 PM
I saw it a couple years ago on MMORTS gamers, after Beyond Protocol went live. I didn't have enough time to invest in testing at the time, but I do now!:p

Hallinx
04-25-2011, 02:02 AM
Just heard about it by reading an article posted on mmorpg ... can't wait to play !

Maelkor
04-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I just heard about it this afternoon on MMORTS.com off a link from mmorpg.com. If not for those sites I would have been completely in the dark on this one.

Vish_Virtus
04-25-2011, 05:43 PM
I heard about this game from MMORPG.com, which refered from RTS Guru. looks goods so far

alako
04-28-2011, 07:41 PM
well i'ma revive this thread a bit,

i was notified of it a few months back from friends and then saw a few forum posts from other sites :)

just hope its as good as it looks :)

Dr. Nick
04-29-2011, 09:15 AM
Ive seen the developer's video on Gamestar.de and was pretty amazed. Then i watched the trailer and needed to know everything about this game. Now im here :D

Defilus
04-29-2011, 09:21 AM
I saw it on Massively, on the right side of the page under "Release dates". :p

Sepelio
05-02-2011, 09:34 AM
One of my friends found it and passed the info along. We all thought it sounded quite good and decided to sign up for the beta.

aknat
05-02-2011, 10:04 AM
I saw a gameplay video on gamestar.de 2 days ago and decided to check it out :)

bruxar
05-02-2011, 10:59 AM
Saw a trailer on the web.

DarkNerro
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
looks awesome guys!!

I learned about this game last week from my friends on another mmo game, I`m looking forward to play this game, i hope they will select me too, for the beta testing:)

Ngamok
05-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Though I saw this originally on Massively quite a while back, I just saw the updated article today.

DutchDude
05-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I saw it for the first time i think somewhere in 2009.
A short trailer on gametrailers.com.

But i will admit it totally slipped from my mind. (alot of things going on back then and not just other games but other issues aswell ofcourse)

Hope to get into the beta im very eager to try this out.
Big fan of "tower defence" games and this looks like right up my alley in terms of fantasy mixed with RTS and specifically stronghold defence.

Surrealalucard
05-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Seen it on massively today 5/3/11, and really intrigued about the vid/idea of this type of game. So yea.

flbradk
05-10-2011, 09:26 PM
I have played oh so many computer games over the years, especially the Age of Empires lineage and of course the Civilization games, then i switched over and got hooked on WOW, after 3 years of grinding got bored and decided to try out Aion, which of course led to purchasing Rift lol, then i got really bored of the grinding went out bought Starcraft II and
Civ V,,,,,, bored again lol!!! i was simply browsing around and stumbled on to DOF and am completely excited and impressed with the gameplay style and graphics!!!! I cant wait!!!

willblade
05-11-2011, 09:25 AM
I found out about this game a week ago searching around for new MMO's and RTS games to play..and stumbled on this, a game actually trying to accomplish exactly what i've been looking for in the MMO genre. :D So, here i am hoping for beta and waiting to purchase it on release haha.

Kharl
05-11-2011, 12:10 PM
I actually had not heard of the game, which is surprising as I am always searching for MMORTS to see how the genre is developing, being a huge mmorpg player that also plays RTS games. It was not until I saw an article on the newly formed rtsguru.com site that I saw which brought me over to this game. I really look forward to seeing what this game has to offer, and how the mechanics differ from other offerings in the genre.

Kramles
05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
I've seen Dawn of Fantasy the first time a few days ago on the Buffed-Show (240) on Buffed.de.
It was a small part of the show, about 9 minutes or less.

Dreadnot
05-11-2011, 03:03 PM
i just stumbled onto the game and check it out. havent been able to play it yet though.

Daylen007
05-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I learned about this game through StumbleUpon. It looks really great and I can't wait to try it out

Fabias
05-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Same here, just heard about it today and signed up to post this. Looking forward to it. I think it is great that another hopefully solid rts is coming out, and hope that rts based medieval type games will rise up in popularity again.

Hersche
05-11-2011, 09:34 PM
I heard about this game from a friend and we are both watching this game closely. It looks like it has some interesting areas to explore and be a part of.

Novakiller
05-11-2011, 11:09 PM
A couple of years ago for me personally, i remember seeing like 2 screenshots on gamespot.com or something like that, and imediately knew this game is not only absolutely for me, but knew it was going to a very very good game, you know when you see something that just sticks out at you? that catches your eye? the original C&C game did that for me when i first saw the screenshots and read up on it in a mag, to me it was the game i knew i have to get, dont even have to play the demo/beta whatever, i just knew i was getting this game, but i did loose track of this untill two days ago or so when i saw more info had been posted on gamespot.com

kelo1
05-12-2011, 12:00 AM
I have heard from RTS Guru.

Shaarob
05-17-2011, 09:03 AM
I read about it on massively.com and I registered straight away.

iHunterKiller
05-20-2011, 01:49 AM
Twas a very long time ago i saw this game, i remember reading about some really poor mmorts games in a magazine and thought 'hey what a nice combo' so i went and googled it and stumbled across the site, could tell straight away how epic it could of been, had such grand ideas.

It must of been a long time ago, because i remember thinking ... no chance my computer can run that game, and bookmarked it and made a note to return whenever it gets nearer to compleation.

So yea, new computer and new games, this one looks like such a keeper, loving the bits of lore ive picked up too, not a lot yet becuse im still nooby, but im getting more and more interested! =D

Novakiller
05-21-2011, 02:19 AM
I'd be interested to know what computer you got Hunter :D

iHunterKiller
05-21-2011, 04:37 AM
Umm ..... i also saw it on a few mmorts sites too which kept it in mind (just so this post doesnt seem so spammy :P)
Its a custom build, im not a massive computer wiz but the important things i know on it are:

AMD Phenom 2, x6
8gb ram
Radeon HD 6800=D

Dragonchow
05-21-2011, 08:21 AM
Just recently, MMORPG.com started a RTF spinoff web page which I have enjoyed. I've been playing the major MMORPGs since EQ came out, but have always loved RTS as my favorite single-player type.

Playing the AoEO beta now...nda has lifted....it is my first look at an RTS MMO....and am enjoying it. This one looks far more intense.

Novakiller
05-21-2011, 12:27 PM
very nice machine there hunter, those X6 cpus are brilliant, the wifes got one and she gets extreme performances in all games.

Jalaris
05-22-2011, 08:40 PM
RTSguru led me here, today, a few hours ago. Hope I get into beta!! :D

Xetroxerion
05-23-2011, 06:38 AM
More and more sites are spreading the luv of Dawn of Fantasy now, I got the info from one of me IRL mates.

Airborne
05-25-2011, 01:03 PM
I randomly came up on it on a random gaming website, hopefully i can test it out before release.

Beard
05-26-2011, 10:23 AM
I found it on gamespot 2 days ago. I was shocked that this game eluded me for so long. It is exactly the kind of game I look for.

Alvo
05-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Just found this out from MMORPG site, looking good so far :)

Nightrun
05-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Ever since Lords of the Realms II I have been WAITING for a game like this!!! I have even emailed game developers with nearly this same idea. I am not sure how you are advertising thsi but I just found this and I look at a few gamer sites weekly and have never seen anything on this game. I found this by looking at upcoming releases on IGN.

Metalcore
05-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I heard about this yesterday. I was a huge fan of AoE II and I played WoW for a month and stopped because of how pricey it is. I have been waiting for a game like this for years.

Whiplash27
05-31-2011, 03:06 PM
Was looking for RTS games that are scheduled to be released in 2011 (since there are so few these days). This one looked the best and most interesting.

mogbert
06-01-2011, 09:00 AM
I was looking at new game releases on google and this one was up there, kinda weird I didn't here about it sooner.

jeppsson1991
06-03-2011, 06:47 AM
I found this game on a swedish gamesite last week when i was scanning through for some intresting gaming material. and this game seem freaking awsome:D

Rhuarc_Redhammer
06-06-2011, 05:23 PM
Found it on IGN's list of upcoming rpgs

kalinin920
06-07-2011, 05:28 PM
I was googling around for mmorts's and found my way here. Almost dismissed the name as another fantasy game...glad I didn't.

booface
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
i come accross the game on the net a few days ago and checked out some info on it and looks like alota fun im gona get it

specter2106
06-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I found it on an upcoming releases site that said it was coming out june 3, but i think it's weird that the game hasn't been caught up by any recognised game sites.

Hienn
06-08-2011, 12:27 PM
A month ago on mmohut!

Weezys_Advocate
06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
searching for a new RTS game, found this, now cant wait

Gauntlet34
06-11-2011, 07:47 PM
I did an exhaustive amount of searching and watched a youtube clip every time I stumbled across something that looked interesting. I have a bunch of names written down. This one has 3 exclamation points!!! I can't want to try it.

ordos
06-12-2011, 05:00 AM
The only reason I'm here was because i browsed the first 10 pages of google looking for a persistent open world rts.

it was this or saga basically, and this looked one hell of alot better than saga.
although im still waiting for a key.

Thedosius
06-14-2011, 03:56 PM
It's funny, this concept was what I've been looking for in a game for ages, then I happened upon it in PC gamer.

Holgrabus
06-15-2011, 02:34 AM
i have seen this game in the top next new games on an official french website this month and i hope i will can play soon !

Elvin
06-25-2011, 09:10 AM
from /v/iral marketing

Bizarroskull
06-25-2011, 09:22 AM
searching for free to play mmorts, after a long time i found this one, the name can be a little tricky, i almost pass it couse i thought it was another one of those fantasy bad games, but hey, is awsome!, it only need a severe bugs improvement

Tarciryan
06-25-2011, 09:39 AM
from /v/iral marketing

Some pretty bad viral too..

Would have been nice if they mentioned we can't play the game yet :\

theinternetman
06-25-2011, 09:51 AM
from /v/iral marketing

Yup I'm a viral marketer for DoF you got it right buddy! :rolleyes:

Cation
06-25-2011, 12:11 PM
Got it from a review, Looked damn intresting.

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 12:19 PM
I actually just heard about it from a friend in steam chat, and am excited as can be.

Ramiel
06-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Just got in from /v/iral too. Seems interesting.

Hero
06-25-2011, 04:04 PM
Same as above. /v/iral. Caught my eye right away.

Korv
06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Heard it from a friend on steam too. Definately what I've been looking for :|

Mrmekz
06-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Just a little bit of surfing on the internet got me here, image boards and all that.

TakingOutTrash
06-25-2011, 05:47 PM
from /v/iral marketing

yup same. as with all the rest of the current influx

Orzo
06-25-2011, 06:21 PM
Heard about it on 4chan, hoping I can get a beta key sometime :(.

maddad
06-25-2011, 06:25 PM
heard about it 10 minutes ago, looks interesting... always been one for fantasy rts and havent played a very good one for a while. check these sweet shades :cool:

Brotolemaeus
06-25-2011, 06:27 PM
I did just see a really positive /v/ thread, almost no viral bull and will hopefully get more people here.

theinternetman
06-25-2011, 08:33 PM
For all the /v/ people who read the threads put up:

I'm working on a UI overhaul that isn't ugly as sin, stay tuned.

By the way no, I'm not a marketer for them, I just joined ya dinks.

redpepperofdoom
06-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Heard about it from /v/. This game looks awesome, how have I never heard about it before?

zetadof
06-25-2011, 08:56 PM
First heard about it a few months back from Kotaku, I believe. Registered for the forums recently after hearing about the open beta.

Kalibah
06-25-2011, 10:37 PM
My friend told me about it

rat-morningstar
06-26-2011, 06:29 AM
some random guy on /v/ posted about it yesterday
a quick google later and i'm in love
now if only i could get in the beta... ;)

chinchy
06-26-2011, 07:07 AM
/v/ marketing aswell

Battaglion
06-26-2011, 08:29 AM
some random guy on /v/ posted about it yesterday
a quick google later and i'm in love
now if only i could get in the beta... ;)

Same story here, saw the thread on my brother's monitor, and it's been love at first sight.
Only problem is the post said sign up and make a few forum posts, but I'm still not in :(

Lancezh
06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Got referred by a friend. I'm not sold yet though, i still try to find out how much sandbox this game is. Or wether its more combat oriented and less eco...

the latter would interest me more to be honest.

Chimaeira
06-28-2011, 09:11 AM
A friend of mine posted a topic about this game on our forum. I am looking forward to the city building most. I wonder how much freedom the player truly gets in architecture.

Ragemaster9999
06-28-2011, 10:39 AM
I first learned about this game only a few months ago, through a link on massively, a popular mmo news site. A shame really, as this game seems to be flying under the radar. Games tend to be hyped up right before launch, but Ill take it as a sign the team is working hard on building a great game rather then pouring excess energy into an expensive marketing campaign. What interested me most about this game is the rts and mmo melding. Iv only played a few games where it was successful, and that was nexons shattered galaxy and atlantica online. Im really looking forward to seeing what DOF brings to the industry

][freeman][
06-30-2011, 08:23 AM
heard about it 1 month ago, on gamesite.

ralvin
07-01-2011, 09:03 AM
heard it from 1 of my friend from a certain Minecraft server. but too bad I havent got the Beta key from this game :(

Phreake
07-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Years ago...totally forgot about until I stumbled on release dates for RTS games...then I was like "doh" I have been meaning to keep track of this game! Looks like a good game, can't wait to see the finished product!

mirusuki
07-05-2011, 07:10 AM
saw it long ago and just rediscovered it at mmorpg.com while scanning their game list during this mmo drought season :P

Cavalier
07-09-2011, 12:43 AM
I was searching the web today for a fantasy RTS and came across DoF. I have Majesty 2, but it is a too light for me. I finished BFME2 long ago. I play Warhammer Online for my PvP fix, but am looking for something on a larger scale. From everything I was able to read/watch in the past few hours, I am really excited about DoF.

I know this is far too late to suggest (maybe some future DLC), but I would love the ability to actually "jump into the shoes"of the player's hero unit, and actually take part in the battles in a 1st or 3rd person perspective- blur the distinction between MMORTS and MMORPG. The player would be able to develop his/her character in rpg fashion (levels, loot, skills, etc.) from taking part in battles that he/she sets up in RTS mode.

Kingdom Under Fire- The Crusaders for the original Xbox did something like this, although the hero unit combat was more arcade/action oriented rather than RPG oriented. But I did love that game.

iomazzoli
07-10-2011, 06:43 AM
I found this game looking for MMORTS with youtube. This seems the most beautiful, with better graphics. that has defects?