PDA

View Full Version : Reverie World Expands... Again!

Alex Walz
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Reverie World is excited to welcome a number of new developers into its ranks. To help with the final push, six new and very talented developers have joined Reverie over the last two months.

They are:

Tyler Dodge - Utilities Programmer
Noel "Guardious" Bohac - QA Tester
Tim Rasmussen - QA Tester
Henry "krabs" Martin - QA Tester
Mark "AluSeph" Hatchel - QA Tester
Antanas Balvocius - 3D Animator

Tyler, who joined a month before the other five, has been working on Dawn of Fantasy's updater utility, ensuring that beta testers have a stress-free installation and patching. Noel, Tim, Henry, and Mark have been working with the beta testers to find and replicate bugs, and have been particularly busy testing out the new MMORTS quests our scripters are hard at work on. Antanas joined us today with a very impressive portfolio, and will be animating our new hero models.

So please give them a warm welcome and keep an eye out for their names. :)

GPS51
01-31-2011, 08:37 PM
Congrats to the new guys at RWS. Especially "krabs" whom I've had the pleasure of pestering with lots of bug reports :)
GPS51

Rhino
02-01-2011, 12:07 AM
They are so lucky to be able to work with a game like this. Good work guys! ;)

Desthin
02-01-2011, 12:16 AM
I'm totally jealous.

But because of one of them i actually learned about the game so i guess i cant be TOO upset about it :rolleyes:

pkdavid
02-01-2011, 02:33 AM
Welcome you guys. Doing a good job, and the game must be good for June 3 ;). How many people worked in the now DevTeam ?

Rycon
02-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Welcome devs/Qa testers.Hope you have fun doing what you like most!

szebus
02-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Best wishes to you lads and give us a good game :D

Noel Bohac
02-01-2011, 12:22 PM
Welcome you guys. Doing a good job, and the game must be good for June 3 ;). How many people worked in the now DevTeam ?

lol, allot, but you know the more the better. The final stretch and allot of debugging, touches etc.. you know how it goes. But it will be a blast guys, promise! All of us are huge strat fans so alas it's the perfect team atm.

Alex Walz
02-01-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah, there's a decent number of devs, but not many are full time - and some are just friends of employees brought on to help with a particular task. After DOF's release, we will likely switch over to a more orthodox office with more full timers.

pkdavid
02-01-2011, 03:37 PM
You'll make a DOF 2? Or another style of play? Or you can not tell you details about that?

Alex Walz
02-01-2011, 03:39 PM
Either is a possibility. But we certainly won't be done with DOF on June 3rd - we'll be constantly updating it with patches and mini expansion packs with new quests, modes, races, etc.

om3n
02-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Either is a possibility. But we certainly won't be done with DOF on June 3rd - we'll be constantly updating it with patches and mini expansion packs with new quests, modes, races, etc.

As a developer/IT person i know that pain all too well lol. Either way welcome to the new developers/staff and i hope you enjoy it here! We need more Canadian game companies putting out good games imo. Just please dont abandon the game after its own to work on the next biggest thing... Seems to be the attitude of many companies out there and it's sad that its happening all too often after a game is released. Again welcome to the project/forums if you get a chance to read this! :)

Corcscrew
02-01-2011, 05:05 PM
Congratulations to all of those guys! I bet Henry is laughing in the face of all his buddies at school who ever doubted him! :D

Konstantin Fomenko
02-01-2011, 05:09 PM
Just please dont abandon the game after its own to work on the next biggest thing
This is definitely not our plan as we hope to support DoF with additional content and polishing things for a long long time.
Even once we start on the next title - it just makes perfect sense to keep people employed on DoF additions. For example while our programmers and designers are working on the new title - laying down the foundation before full scale work can start - our artists and level designers will be mostly out of work - so our plan is to keep them busy on new DoF quests and units:)

om3n
02-01-2011, 05:11 PM
This is definitely not our plan as we hope to support DoF with additional content and polishing things for a long long time.
Even once we start on the next title - it just makes perfect sense to keep people employed on DoF additions. For example while our programmers and designers are working on the new title - laying down the foundation before full scale work can start - our artists and level designers will be mostly out of work - so our plan is to keep them busy on new DoF quests and units:)

I dont think that could have been answered any better, thanks for the reply Konstantin! It's makes me feel more secure in my future purchase and helps lean more towards a pre-purchase if ti becomes available. :)

Froody42
02-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Congrats to the new employees, I'm sure you'll do a great job.

Henry Martin
02-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Congratulations to all of those guys! I bet Henry is laughing in the face of all his buddies at school who ever doubted him! :D

no...no I'm not (even though there probably was a lot, including myself:p). Anyway I glad to be on the team working with these great people and on this great game. Also congrats to the other new people added to the team.

LiTos456
02-01-2011, 08:29 PM
Mister Martin.
How fancy.
You're still good ol' krabs to me
coochie coochie coo.
(trollface.jpg)

(and welcome everyone else)

Pyrasia
02-02-2011, 01:23 AM
Gratz for finding great ppl to the team.
I so envy them +.+

pkdavid
02-02-2011, 03:33 AM
thank you for your answers and sorry to be part off topic :confused:, perhaps we should create a new thread.

(and welcome again)

Korpze777
02-02-2011, 07:14 AM
Congratz guys the more the better to help make this already awesome game even more awesomer :D .Love the dedication of this company shows promise unlike other companies who just say somthing and never live up to it or change the date everytime a patch comes out til it comes out a year later.How a company holds themselves as far as adding more ppl to make sure the jobs done or even keeping there community up to date on forums shows alot about them.So thank you for getting more people and tank you new dudes for making this game awesomer.

Henry Martin
02-02-2011, 12:08 PM
Mister Martin.
How fancy.
You're still good ol' krabs to me
coochie coochie coo.
(trollface.jpg)

(and welcome everyone else)

HAHAHA! Yeah I do miss seeing krabs as my username :(

Raulaun
02-02-2011, 12:54 PM
HAHAHA! Yeah I do miss seeing krabs as my username :(

I do too, perhaps change your real name to Krabs, so then you can have your forum name as krabs?

dimabernat
02-03-2011, 12:55 PM
hope fully this game will be succsesfull it looks promising

LiTos456
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
"Henry Krabs"
Sounds pretty awesome actually.

billybob567
02-05-2011, 06:09 PM
good job on the new guys!

Kasperio
02-06-2011, 02:55 PM
Indeed, the game seems to feature the best sides of both MMO and RTS. I think this will be a new standard for games to come, if it can live up to the expectations.

Kultyz
02-07-2011, 03:57 PM
The game so far is looking really good!
Keep up the good work :)

TRANG-Supreme
02-08-2011, 11:27 AM
Nicely done..i can say that i am thoroughly refreshed to see a professional group put together what appears to be a fantastic game.