PDA

View Full Version : logging in and out

Wesso
01-27-2011, 09:54 AM
sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

:D

GPS51
01-27-2011, 10:03 AM
If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".

Joseph Visscher
01-27-2011, 10:31 AM
If someone pulls a stunt like that they will be charged with the loss and their opponent will get the "W".

If you disconnect (pull your internet plug) or log off or quit, you will have to pay a massive fee, possibly lose wealth and resources which goes to the victor, possibly randomly kill some of your army. When you sign back in, you'll wish you had fought to the end.

elcooleo248
01-27-2011, 04:13 PM
sorry if theres been a thread about this already, but i was just wondering how logging in and out during a battle would work.
If someone sees they losing and just quickly logs out to avoid losing, will this be allowed or will there be some sort of thing to stop this?

this game looks pretty sick, possibly the best and freshest idea iv seen for a long time, cant wait for it to come out!

:D

insta-loss for them

Khan kreiger
01-27-2011, 05:25 PM
daamnn. Wait so what if you loose connection with the server, will i have to pay a big fee and give up some resources....?

Loose Morals
01-29-2011, 10:47 PM
the ability to be safe while logged off is soo important that it needs to be protected, we all need sleep at least once a week.
Im happy to have a penalty like this in place to stop people abusing this system.
meby if you genuinly had a connection failure you could contact a mod or system admin and explain what happened. if they think you deserve it then they give you your stuff back.
Im sure a small log can be made at the start of a battle with force sizes. and this could make the job easier. if you were going to lose the battle anyway they just tell you "no"

liquidish
01-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Usually when someone is disconnected they will try to log back on, and that should show up as not logging out or quitting. That is how it works in other games I have played, the disconnected doesn't get a penalty and the still connected (if this causes them to win) gets the win. I hope this is how it works, seems the most logical to me.

Dalkor
02-01-2011, 03:24 AM
I asked this question in a thread awhile back, it was never answered. What about those who DC?

Conceive
02-01-2011, 01:19 PM
Perhaps something can be put into play like... If you "disconnect" for X amount of time and come back in in Y amount of time you will not be heavily fined for the disconnect but for what ever reason and end up back online like a day later I can see that the person who stayed online and was winning should get the "w" and the recourses.

It is the internet, and connection is not perfect all the time (especially if you have time warner)

nauro
02-03-2011, 01:13 PM
Maybe have like an easy AI take over for a player that d/c's so that it's not an automatic win and if the person crashed or got dc'd legitly it gives them a chance to come back on..... OR maybe a timer for like 5-15 minutes and if they aren't back on in that time then it becomes a forfeit.

fatedragon
02-03-2011, 01:42 PM
i do not like the idea when you get a DC that you will pay massive can there be a way that you give people 5 min to log in back that the battle will be on pause or something

Dalkor
02-05-2011, 04:59 AM
I think Nauro has had the best idea. An easy AI, that everyone should be able to beat, but will still put up enough of a fight so that you wont be losing a battle that you were winning when you DC'd.

Another idea spawning off of Nauro's. (That I had.)
Unit's of the DC'er do nothing but get a slight/major defensive buff so they die more slowly. Giving the person the chance to get back in game. But not stopping the person who is still in the battle from winning.

The biggest problem with this sort of thing is: "Oh, I'm losing?" /unplug modem. Now I'm griefing the person who was beating me by forcing them to take longer.

franticdaz1
02-08-2011, 01:22 PM
i dont think any ai should take over. your units should just auto attack but you should be able to reconnect. dc = loss knid of sux

Braveman
02-09-2011, 02:48 PM
I personally think having an easyish AI would be best because if you are winning and get disconnected for some reason by accident at least your units would move and fight for the short time it may take you to reconnect and you may not have completely lost your advantage.

nauro
03-14-2011, 03:14 PM
i dont think any ai should take over. your units should just auto attack but you should be able to reconnect. dc = loss knid of sux

Simple auto attacking is a form of AI so you are sort of making a contradictive statement. I'm not saying the AI should be some military genius but say your forces are like 10 x the size of the enemy and you get dc'd do you really want all your units going in gung ho or something?

Artois
03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
always a good idea, probably the people will not log out instead of fight whit this sistem :D