PDA

View Full Version : question of fifth beta date

boiky
01-25-2011, 05:04 AM
As i saw the ad on top said register by jan 25th to become a beta tester
i wounder does that mean new beta start from 25th jan
because i didnt get any email about the beta or code or anything about i'm in part of it
so i'm not sure is the beta start already or just i'm not able to get invite to be part of it
is there any way to find out or anyone can tell me about the coming beta information?

Bamboocha
01-25-2011, 08:44 AM
As i saw the ad on top said register by jan 25th to become a beta tester
i wounder does that mean new beta start from 25th jan
because i didnt get any email about the beta or code or anything about i'm in part of it
so i'm not sure is the beta start already or just i'm not able to get invite to be part of it
is there any way to find out or anyone can tell me about the coming beta information?

the beta starts around 28 january, and you'll get the beta key then if you have been selected to particate in the beta.

that's atleast what i've catched up from the forums :P

Gongora
01-25-2011, 09:45 AM
I actually discovered this game Jan 24 and signed up for beta, tho I really like what I have seen of this game so far I doubt i'll have the honor to test this game having come in the last minute. However id like to know what my chances are like lol.

Would be nice to know when roughly the beta starts...:eek:

Myrcea01
01-25-2011, 10:54 AM
don't worrry, there will be an open beta too ... that the producen can test the servers and advertise for the game

LiTos456
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
the beta starts around 28 january, and you'll get the beta key then if you have been selected to particate in the beta.

No idea where you got that, no solid date has been announced yet.
But it'll be soon, don't worry.
Edit: Nevermind, it is around the 28th. Cheers

aftershockzap
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks for asking the question so I don't have to! Can't wait for the 28th :D :D :D

boiky
01-26-2011, 12:24 AM
No idea where you got that, no solid date has been announced yet.
But it'll be soon, don't worry.
Edit: Nevermind, it is around the 28th. Cheers

so is those who meet the req of begin tester have received email already, or still non of us got the email yet and waiting?
coz its just 2 days off if its really 28th to be the beta test, so just wonder is everyone knows the date and got their email already
it'll be unlucky for me if they got the email already coz i still didnt get mine lol
maybe i'll just hope to get one, and keep asking these kind of question for those who are in the same situation as me

Toven
01-26-2011, 02:01 AM
Forget the 5th CB release, more worried about actually getting into it.

bravekilla
01-26-2011, 06:07 AM
Do not worry yourself with troublesome task which aren't in your control, just think about ways of defeating or starting the game... as you would need massive hours to catch up to others :P and pillage all your neighbors :D

boiky
01-26-2011, 09:10 AM
so now i think of another question about the next beta test
is there a limit or is there a max no. of tester will be for the beta test
if yes what is the numbers?
and which mean even you meet the req you still might not be selected to be the tester

or you'll get picked as long as you meet the req?

LiTos456
01-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Yes, there's a limit. I can't tell you what it is, but hypothetically you may or may not get in.
The emails have not been sent out yet, we'll let you know when they have been.

And remember folks: Whoever gets in the beta, must not mention that they are in the beta, or talk about the beta in the public forums whatsoever. And I know many of you will, and that is not going to be good for anyone. I'll try to make a notice that's as big as a notice can get, lol.

boiky
01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
so all of the email will be sent out at once?
which mean by the time the forum notice us the email had been sent, those who didnt recieve the email didnt get into it?
or there is still a chance that more email would be sent out after the notice?

Bamboocha
01-26-2011, 12:11 PM
so now i think of another question about the next beta test
is there a limit or is there a max no. of tester will be for the beta test
if yes what is the numbers?
and which mean even you meet the req you still might not be selected to be the tester

or you'll get picked as long as you meet the req?

it's over 300!
i don't know if it's 300 new, or 300 all-in-all, but 300 is the number :P

darkviju
01-26-2011, 01:34 PM
Yes, there's a limit. I can't tell you what it is, but hypothetically you may or may not get in.
The emails have not been sent out yet, we'll let you know when they have been.

And remember folks: Whoever gets in the beta, must not mention that they are in the beta, or talk about the beta in the public forums whatsoever. And I know many of you will, and that is not going to be good for anyone. I'll try to make a notice that's as big as a notice can get, lol.

I didn't know having access to the beta was so secret. Then, I suppose we can forget about writing a preview or anything like that, don't we?

Bamboocha
01-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I didn't know having access to the beta was so secret. Then, I suppose we can forget about writing a preview or anything like that, don't we?
yeah, until Open beta, we have to remain quiet (if we at all do get into the last part of the closed beta)

GPS51
01-26-2011, 02:02 PM
Yeah hence the part about being a "closed" beta. ;)

darkviju
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
I thought closed was just because it's limited, not because it's secret. Anyway, it doesn't matter, if I get it, I just wont do the preview and wait for the open beta. I'm expecting to see how's actually the game, and how receptive is the development team about new possible ideas.

Carnifexrex
01-26-2011, 04:43 PM
That'd be awesome to get in the Jan 28th testing. I figure, the more eyes, the more thorough.

LiTos456
01-26-2011, 11:59 PM
No. Closed beta means it's closed to the public.
There is an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement) that you have to agree to before playing the beta. If you breach it - or anyone does, we'll take you down and feed you to the bears in Siberia.
I'm serious. It's an indie company. We use... arbitrary methods.

Vasito
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I dont think closed means that well it could for you but StarCraft 2 got a closed beta with videos all around the internet.

TriggerHappyNDB
01-27-2011, 02:46 PM
I dont think closed means that well it could for you but StarCraft 2 got a closed beta with videos all around the internet.

Closed beta means you won't be able to participate without an invitation or key from the game's developer. Some require you sign NDAs (Non-Disclosure Agreements) that prevent you from posting any public information about the unfinished game, while others do not, or have phase-specific rules.

StarCraft 2's initial phases of closed beta were invitation only and had an NDA attached.
StarCraft 2's last few phases of closed beta were invitation only but had no NDA attached.
All of Dawn of Fantasy's phases of closed beta are invitation only and have an NDA attached.

Open betas, which are open to the general public and do not require invitations, never have NDAs attached as anyone who wants information on the game can simply download their own client.

Rycon
01-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Gogo indie :)

Cant wait for beta.Nda is normal for CB testing.

darkviju
01-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Fine, I understand better this time. Better to improve more the game before some information or videos are revealed eveywhere. It makes sense. Thanks for the answer.

boiky
01-28-2011, 03:24 AM
since the next beta test email have not sent out yet(should be sooner or later)
is there any way for us to know or to found out if we are qulifey or not
so if one is not qulifey he do not have to hope so much until the end
and maybe then those who might still can try and imporve to increase there chances to be part of the beta test

boiky
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
mmm...got another question
has the fifth beta start?
coz i didnt get any email
so not sure had it start already, or there is a delay

GPS51
01-28-2011, 10:05 AM
As was stated earlier Jan 28-30 the emails will be sent out. After that the beta downloads will be activated. So just hold tight for a few more days .