PDA

View Full Version : Environment Effects

Gongora
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
I would like to ask will there be environment aspects that will effect the battle, like rain storms, blizzards in snow areas (if any)? Also Day and Night...will that be apart of the game aswell, so we can try to deploy and setup while its night and harder to see? Also can high terrain be used as walls or un-passable land for units?

luizeba
01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
lets wait for the beta, and, then, we can see :P

VanguardX
01-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I would like to ask will there be environment aspects that will effect the battle, like rain storms, blizzards in snow areas (if any)? Also Day and Night...will that be apart of the game aswell, so we can try to deploy and setup while its night and harder to see? Also can high terrain be used as walls or un-passable land for units?

There are weather effects in game. I don't know how they will influence the game though.

Desthin
01-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I think that being able to play off of your environment would be a really cool idea, since your surroundings usually play a significant role in what your going to be able to do when, i certainly wouldnt want to try and move very quickly in a muddy environment from rain fall for example.

jer.bush
01-24-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree being able to play off the environment is a great idea, and the weather effects look great. It adds more of a feel to the game. Also the night and day would be a great idea as well as a lot of strategy. I also just love the environment all together its very detailed the texture work looks amazing and for the video it has some great effects!!

Peacebringer01
01-24-2011, 11:04 PM
Somewhat of an influence would be cool, like snow on the battlefield limiting archers and movement speed, something minor but something you have to react to none the less

havoksage
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
yeah i'd love to see something like this... as long as its implemented in a way that isn't annoying... making a certain unit useless etc.

padawan1988
01-25-2011, 01:54 AM
I have an overwhelming desire to see the weather as been: D

LiTos456
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM

Yes, all of that is part of the game.
Actually I haven't seen blizzards yet but I reckon they'll be implemented too (if they hadn't been already).

hawkravengold
01-30-2011, 11:40 AM
I enjoy weather effects, however I don't know how much of a dissadvantage/advantage it would be to have them actually affect gameplay. Don't get me wrong, it would be cool, but I imagine there will be different regions with different weather effects and building empires in one or the other may give players an advantage/disadvantage depending on that region's natural weather patterns. I'm interested to see how that goes.

MoLiva
01-30-2011, 05:16 PM
The idea of having weather conditions affect how units perform would add a nice extra level of strategy imo. Especially if your able to see the weather conditions before traveling somewhere, you would have to decide wether you wanted to attempt the journey or not

zhaoyun23
02-10-2011, 11:27 PM
i wonder if the weather will have any effect on battles..eg like rain attacking player does less damage defender advantage..etc