PDA

View Full Version : Defense when offline

lordsabbath88
01-23-2011, 03:13 PM
I was just wondering .. If I'm offline, another player can attack me?
If so, how it is managed my defense?
In your opinion how it should work? :D

Joseph Visscher
01-23-2011, 04:16 PM
When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.

luizeba
01-23-2011, 04:25 PM
When your offline no one can see you or attack you. You can actually bribe other players to not attack you also if your just not in the mood.
Bribe? It'll be a feature of the game, or it'll be done between players? Because a lack of 'bribe system' can create frauds and scams.

lordsabbath88
01-23-2011, 04:27 PM
wow it's great! I think it's a very good solution, especially for those who do not always want to fight, but prefer a more passive approach to the game.

Karl-Heinz
01-23-2011, 05:04 PM

Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.

Rhino
01-23-2011, 05:27 PM
Hm ... It's a shame. Of course, being attacked and even had a chance to defend himself would suck's, but could you leave this option. If any player attacking someone who is offline instead of facing a human with an ability equal to him he probably would end up with an AI at the highest level of difficulty that you would be able to create. That would make anyone think twice before taking such action, but would not end the player's freedom of choice.

Well usually in games like this if the AI faught for you they suck really bad. I mean really bad. They usually just stand there and wait for the enemy to come in range of their attack distance. So in that case this feature is really good for the game as you actually have to think tactically in the way you fight another player.

luizeba
01-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Attacking AIs sucks. Limit the battles between players and the game will rock.

boiky
01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
true that for most game the highest ai is still not as good as a online player, so better not allow to fight a offline player
and before that, i do thought that there will be a auto defense system for the offline player - which i mean maybe something like fight with ai
anyway, then i think now, is it posible that two player attack the third player at the same time?
what will happen? and or how it work?
if this wont happen, how doesnt it work to not make it happen?

Gongora
01-24-2011, 11:41 AM
As for *bribing* other players to not attack you, there could be a built in game system of a signed peace document for a certain set amount of time. Now either that would be a direct way to stop someone from attacking you if they accept or they could break it, maybe then *flagging them as a terrorist group or something that would result in a punishment of somekind*

Like open player killing in other games, if you randomly go over to some player and drop them for the fun of it, other players can come on over and gank pound you for status, bounty, ect.

Any thoughts?

spikeynit
01-24-2011, 12:51 PM
I like the idear of not been seen while offline would certainly take away the feeling when login on not sure if you been destroyed while sleeping, the bride system sounds good maybe like bartering system one player pays another not to attack him the attacking player chooses the price?

Th3 Mastodon
01-24-2011, 01:21 PM
I kinda liked the idea of logging on you had been attacked and the attack wasn't successful

furanlost
01-24-2011, 05:30 PM
Having AI defend a person while they are offline might work for awhile until people figure what the AI is going to do via playing against them a lot, I can beat the highest difficulty AI in company of heroes, but against other players I still have difficulty with what they are going to do. So the not being able to attack people offline seems like a sweet idea to me.

Khan kreiger
01-24-2011, 06:37 PM
That does seem like a good idea for no one being able to attack you when offline....but can you get an e-mail or somethin when someone has tried to attack you, so you kno who to go after if you see them online :D

padawan1988
01-25-2011, 01:55 AM
Hehehe, they bribe everyone ^.^

mindleach
01-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Hmm, I think bribe should be part of the game, however, I strongly disagree that it help. Once i find out that someone is willing to pay the bribe, I may just continue to attack them from time to time for free $$ without troop loss. AI defending isnt a bad idea but like someone said in a previous post that the AI at first may be tough to deal with, but after awhile of the games release people will figure out the AI. Not sure if there is an "answer" to stopping offline attacks. Maybe your cities AI can get bonuses to range, attack, or defense while you are offline. All I know is that I will be ready for the challenges that come forth to my city:).

lordsabbath88
01-25-2011, 01:37 PM
i suppose that bribe will cost so so much.. maybe depending on enemy army's strenght.. i quote that it's not a solution.. but this could be a really great possibility for players who can't win a fight :)

zhaoyun23
02-10-2011, 11:31 PM
haha sounds cool.. a bribing system ^_^ It would be even cooler if we have a sabotage where there is betrayal and stuff~

TheWeeIrish
02-11-2011, 04:08 AM
Bribe sounds good, but it should be like.. Bribe and so and so happens. Like they kick you in the shins.. I dunno, some sort of "something" that gets reduced.. A debuff If you will.

Also, There should be a way to flag yourself to be able to be attacked at night. You could gain extra buff if you will in your economy for an hour for example. Just ideas :D