PDA

View Full Version : Is the release date for the summer possible?

axal011
03-29-2008, 12:05 AM
Was reading the "New & curious :)" Thread and its mentioned even by konst or w/e his name is. Is it very possible the game releases this summer? That means summer of 2008.. because in a way it confuses me because summer is SO close and gamestop doesnt even have any knowledge of it at all and never even herd of it.. and that is odd. but what is everyones faith set for release? this Summer of 2008? December? 2010? and the big one, 2012?

axal011
03-29-2008, 12:13 AM
Was reading the "New & curious :)" Thread and its mentioned even by konst or w/e his name is. Is it very possible the game releases this summer? That means summer of 2008.. because in a way it confuses me because summer is SO close and gamestop doesnt even have any knowledge of it at all and never even herd of it.. and that is odd. but what is everyones faith set for release? this Summer of 2008? December? 2010? and the big one, 2012?

Oh and Not Gamespot but gamestop. Two different ones.. only gamestop is a retail store like EBgames :D

Jean=A=Luc
03-29-2008, 04:46 AM
Maybe it's a late summer like August.

Darvin
03-29-2008, 12:34 PM
Put it this way; give them two weeks and they could wrap things up in a crappy package and put it on the shelves, but we wouldn't like it. The attitude that "it's done when it's done" has its merits, and generally gives us (the players) a much better overall experience. I'd stop worrying about when it comes out and just enjoy the whole process from alpha to beta to retail for what it is.

The Witch King of Angmar
03-29-2008, 01:22 PM
Agreed. Just those new screens will last me for another month and a half. :D

Puppeteer
03-30-2008, 06:12 AM
I won't be able to play it on high-def, so I don't care when it comes out I just like the screenshots ;)

iceblast
03-30-2008, 02:54 PM
some sites are poor anyway :)

Tbeaz161
04-13-2008, 05:40 PM
I saw on a few sites it is shiping Q2 2008 is confirmed? And shiping means shiping out to the stores right?

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
I saw on a few sites it is shiping Q2 2008 is confirmed? And shiping means shiping out to the stores right?

No set final release date is confirmed yet. Maybe if we are lucky we will get a beta around that time...maybe :)

Ryan Zelazny
04-13-2008, 07:40 PM
The release date will ultimately be confirmed by our publisher, the reason that stores do not have any idea when we are releasing is because our publisher hasn't set a firm date. Once we have completed the game to our satisfaction and it is handed over to the publisher to regionalize they will determine when it will be shipped and released.

We can give you a good guess based on how close we are to completion, but it ultimately is not up to us.

†TYRANICK†™
04-13-2008, 07:49 PM
The release date will ultimately be confirmed by our publisher, the reason that stores do not have any idea when we are releasing is because our publisher hasn't set a firm date. Once we have completed the game to our satisfaction and it is handed over to the publisher to regionalize they will determine when it will be shipped and released.

We can give you a good guess based on how close we are to completion, but it ultimately is not up to us.

Cheers for clearing up :).

Btw i was wondering, will you be attending E3 or any others events this year? I wish bloody IGN and other sites knew about this game more...well links to DoF are in several of my other forum Sig's so, hopefully we'll see more people :).

210 members with...93 ACTIVE?! lol ive only seen about oh...15-20? Tops, and my time on this forums usually comes to around 2-4 hours a day. Oh well as they say, "Build it, and they will come" or something like that heh.

The Witch King of Angmar
04-14-2008, 02:42 PM
I'd help advertise if when things are set up to ship it.

Tbeaz161
04-14-2008, 03:05 PM
I'd help advertise if when things are set up to ship it.

Yeah I really hope alot of people know about this its going to be a really good game but I'm afraid people might not get it becasue of lack of knowledge

Puppeteer
04-14-2008, 03:19 PM
I've spread the word a bit :D lol
I spend about 1-2 hours a week here ;)

Tynesider
04-16-2008, 12:04 PM
Yeah I really hope alot of people know about this its going to be a really good game but I'm afraid people might not get it becasue of lack of knowledge

Isn't It funny how some times the quiet whisper can drown the noise of the mogul machine, I think when this game hits the shelves; Even without advertising the trickle of the faithfull will quickly be trampled underfoot by those who follow.
The real test will be the Monthly charges

Tbeaz161
04-16-2008, 12:30 PM
I don't want to get trampled :( Also there is supposed to be a 90% chance that there will be no charges but you can buy booster pack like things online

The Witch King of Angmar
04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
I really hope there is no charges. If the game is good enough, it would fork in enough cask without any fees.

Tbeaz161
04-16-2008, 05:31 PM
If it isn't good enough and they end up introduceing fees they would probaly just lose more people

Feweh
04-16-2008, 06:02 PM
If theres any monthly charges i'm just going to forget about the online play.

:(

†TYRANICK†™
04-16-2008, 06:08 PM
If theres any monthly charges i'm just going to forget about the online play.

:(

They already said there won't be on launch...but something about if the MMO part comes uber popular and they need more servers or something, then they may start to charge.

Apparently new units and buildings and w/e may cost on release, but will eventually all be free...already says all this somewhere lol im getting lost in some of these threads now hehe :)

Diggz
04-26-2008, 06:06 PM
I hope we won't have to pay for anything... Just do what blizzard did with Battle.Net, they just had a bar on top to advertise with.

Don't take this too far and crowd the game with ads though!!!

Plus, if the game is as good as Im led to believe it is, it will make front page news when all the reviews are like 9.5s