PDA

View Full Version : MMORTS Showcase # 2

Konstantin Fomenko
03-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Bellow are shots from the character creation menu - region selection for the race of Elves. I am including some stats about each region - however, I`ll only mention economic changes, and leave out all the variations in research, upgrades, unit and building prices and availability.

Elves of the Bolfores’l - Great Forest of Illas Tiltos
The greatest and deepest forest in Teria. Lavish, green terrain, shadowed by great trees, and dotted with hundreds of deep and clean forest lakes. Moderate number of gold and stone mines.
-Food vile Production +25%
-Deer Food Generation rate + 25%
-Alchemy Lab - 25% generation
-Stone Trickle – 25% generation

Bolfores`l player enjoys the balanced gameplay in all regards. Union of Wooden and High Elfs with all the benefits and disadvantages of both-sub races.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/MMO3/7.jpg

High Elves of the Talltos - Sky Land of Gelmeerim.

Mountains, cliffs, and myriad of bridges create a feeling of living on the sky. High Elves favor these secluded regions and natural defenses, allowing them to live out in peace and study great magic dawn till dusk. Almost no outdoor resources, other than stone. Bonus to in-door economy.
-Alchemy Lab + 25% generation
-Stone, Gold, Food Trickle + 25% generation
-Alchemy Lab Metamorphose price + 25% cheaper
-Deer Food Generation rate - 25%

Talltos players is allowed a rare opportunity to lead the most powerful warriors and wizards - belonging to the sub-race of High Elves. Well defended inside the sky strongholds of Talltos, High Elves have no need to venture outside their stronghold, thus they produce everything they need through force of alchemy and magic. Excellent sub-race choice for a player specializing exclusively in magic.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/MMO3/8.jpg

Wooden Elves of the Erthee l’Bala - Swamp Valley of Bala.

Valley of Bala is a Great forest completely flooded with water. Land of union of Elves with Nature and home of the Wooden Elves. Plenty of gold and stone mines, as well we berry bushes, and deers.
All forms of gathering + 40%
Alchemy Lab - 25% generation
Stone, Gold, Food Trickle - 25% generation
Alchemy Lab Metamorphose price - 25% cheaper

Preferring natural resource gathering and taking what nature gives Elven players of Erthee l`Bala are true defenders of all things natural. While they don`t hunt or chop trees, nature provides to them in other ways. Swamp terrain gives huge defensive advantage on the home territory. And mighty Elven rangers and riders create a great combination for offensive gameplay.

http://reverieworld.com/screenshots/MMO3/9.jpg

Jean=A=Luc
03-25-2008, 02:10 PM
Ahhhhh, be still my beating heart... :eek: *dies*

The Witch King of Angmar
03-25-2008, 02:33 PM
Amazing, again.

frankein_fish
03-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah!. But i still can't wait for the orc's :P

jap88
03-27-2008, 11:36 PM
Just noticed they all have the same stronghold design plus or minus the bridge. Besides the uniformity, looks good.

Konstantin Fomenko
03-28-2008, 09:57 AM
Good catch Jap88. Was hoping someone would bring this up sooner.

These screenshots are from character creation screen. And your character - stronghold stays in the same position as you cycle through regions - similar to choosing clothing in mmorpg:)

Jean=A=Luc
03-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Never mind, double post. :)

Jean=A=Luc
03-28-2008, 11:00 AM
I'm curious about one thing. Do the High Elves of the Talltos and the Wood Elves of the Erthee l’Bala have access to units/features of the other elven sub race?

For example, can the High Elves still build rangers and can the Wood Elves use mages even though it's not their specialty?

I expect the answer is yes but the way they're presented makes it look as if they were both 'pure' and devoid of the other elven type.

Also, will these different regions/sub factions make an appearance in the single player campaign or will it be restricted to generic/'balanced' racial types while "character/region diversity" is reserved purely for the mmo part?

Puppeteer
03-28-2008, 05:45 PM
well that's all nice and preuddy :) I suppose the Orcs are next?

SvN
03-29-2008, 03:16 AM
thats some really impressive environment:)
there is something strange with the bridge on the second picture though

frankein_fish
03-29-2008, 03:55 AM
lol yeah your right but it's not even in beta stage so :/..........................

The Witch King of Angmar
03-29-2008, 01:25 PM
Also, will these different regions/sub factions make an appearance in the single player campaign or will it be restricted to generic/'balanced' racial types while "character/region diversity" is reserved purely for the mmo part?

I'd think they'd still be in the campaign. I wouldn't see why they wouldn't use them.

borbask
04-02-2008, 07:44 AM
these pictures are amazing. the castle with its bridges between the towers.
very good:):)

Chromatism
04-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Ah... A race close to my heart, Wooden Elves of the Erthee l’Bala!

Fantastic!

Diggz
04-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Holy crap!!!

I thought I was going to be men but Ohmigawd I am SO being elves of the sky!!!

Grizzlez
04-26-2008, 06:42 PM
This game looks awesome. You have takne RTS to a whole new level of playing, and the graphics involved in the game are awesome. Good to see JBV is still a high quality mapper even if its not bfme :p

LordSlayer
04-27-2008, 07:20 AM
Ah... A race close to my heart, Wooden Elves of the Erthee l’Bala!

Fantastic!

Oh well, another forest to burn...

Puppeteer
04-27-2008, 10:35 AM
Order shall be brought to these regions, or all shall perish in an aeon of magic and chaos! I would love to see these forests burn, but alas the marsh one would prove more fickle and tricky

The Witch King of Angmar
04-27-2008, 01:47 PM
You could suck the water out of it.

Esculas the Mighty
05-20-2008, 07:02 PM
i dare your armies to come near the forests your scouts wont even make it back alive

wou129
05-21-2008, 12:40 AM
lol like the shots and info

frankein_fish
05-21-2008, 01:18 AM
A bit offtopic huh?
Anyway u'll never be able to reach my fortress :p:D

wou129
05-21-2008, 10:58 AM
no but my stones wil reach u

frankein_fish
05-21-2008, 01:37 PM
aaah this topic is going nowhere :(

Puppeteer
05-21-2008, 01:38 PM
I believe a substantially large rock could do all the damage I want...
Can't wait to learn more aspects about MMORTS!

wou129
05-22-2008, 12:53 PM
mea eather

LordSlayer
05-24-2008, 08:43 AM

They'll probably only let us know more just b4 the better releases.

frankein_fish
05-24-2008, 12:55 PM
better releases.

"Better" U meant Beta hu?
Well anyways i (as usual) cant wait for the beta,
even the release date would make several sleep-less nights for me :p

Esculas the Mighty
06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
I believe a substantially large rock could do all the damage I want...

i completly agree bigger town bigger rock

raving
06-23-2008, 04:48 AM
High Elves of the Talltos - Sky Land of Gelmeerim.
look soooo cool :eek:

ash12181987
06-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Bridges between towers, thank god. I'm still having castle design flashbacks from most games that allow it.