PDA

View Full Version : Aerial combat, units, anything?

Putkonen
01-20-2011, 08:51 AM
This has just been on my mind while I was looking around the threads and saw suggestions for new units etc. and Im not very well informed about this, so I'll just ask here:

Is there any aerial combat units in the game? Any kind of flying units etc. dragons?
are these units really special or are they something common that are easy to produce?
Also, if not included I'd really like to see a flying scout unit in the game, because I always find it somehow fit my tactics to have a quick, manouvarable unit in the game, that actually isnt really much use in the game itself.

Scouting is a major part of my gameplay, and I think someone elses too, so anyone want to enlighten me about these questions, and maybe post a link to a old thread if there is considering this subject?

olane123
01-20-2011, 10:35 AM
i would imagine that there would be aerial units although they might make the combat easier as players would simply storm the castle with fleets of griffins, wyrms or dragons /bone dragons rather than barging through the gate like the siege of helms deep

it might also be viable to have a sky fairing race with floating castles that predominantly have flying units flying fortresses flanked by bone dragons would be epic :D

edueduedu93
01-20-2011, 10:44 AM
I really dont know if that would be possible because in that case defend a city will be very difficult (your enemy can enter everywhere)

SonicMonkey
01-20-2011, 11:16 AM
Having flying creatures / units makes sense. You could just balance it out by making them very expensive to obtain. So you wouldn't be assaulted by armies of gryphons or dragons or something. They would be a supporting force to your main army basically. Would be cool to drop in troops via the air in behind enemy walls to wreck havok though.

Overlawd
01-20-2011, 10:05 PM
Well maybe instead of just one aerial unit, Get your self two ideas?

Say for a scout, a small creature...Bird comes to mind?

And a combat unit, Dragon/Wyrm/Wyvern/Bone Dragon etc...

The aerial units being limited to there function, A time limit on field? If your looking for control. Personally, I say go ALL out. In real life they would enter from any way the could get in, So why not. But it is a game. And no one wants to be removed from there Castle via the guy with the 1 hit wonder squad.

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 10:09 PM
There are hireable dragon mercenaries, yes.
May be more stuff in the future but we don't know about that yet. :)