PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Dreadnought
01-20-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi

I came across this place only today and just had to sign up.

I am a keen RTS player though kind of mature for a gamer I guess, Ive been playing since the commodore 64 and Space Invaders and Asteroids in Pubs.

Im in the UK by the way.

I have been searching for a good strategy game for a while as I never reallly got on with the C&C clones, though I have been playing Company of heroes of late after re-installing it. I was also into Close Combat many moons ago, Total War series and WoW

The idea of a MMORTS just sounds amazing if it can be pulled off and I look forward to giving it a try.

Ive just built a new PC which has inspired me to search out a great strategy game that I can immerse myself in and this looks like it may well fit the bill.
Looks like it will have some real depth

Looks like maybe I'll miss the Beta V which is a shame I would have enjoyed having some input but I dont want to post pointlessly until Ive worked my way through the recent forum and info.

Catch you later :)

Oh by the way, this site doesnt appear to work in IE9 beta so Im usung FF atm, not a complaint just thought someone might like to know

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 07:49 AM
I also havenīt had knowledge of this great looking gameconcept until yesterday so I started investigating of what it is about immediately.

I like the look and concept of this game very much, especially with the dynamic online gameworld. Was lloking for a similar game a lon time, stumbled across "Elemental: War of Magic" which is a quite similar game but turn-based and solo without online concept.

It would be a pleasure to participate in the beta V so maybe Iīm lucky and otherwise I will eagerly await the open beta.

Dreadnought
01-20-2011, 09:56 AM
Hi GG
I can wait if needs be.
I will check out Elemental: War of magic it may do as a stop gap.

Dreadnought
01-20-2011, 10:04 AM
Ive just taken a quick look at Elementals, not for me Im afraid the graphics look way to basic, like for kids, I will wait out DoF