PDA

View Full Version : Does this game have RPG in it

cryonso
01-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Is there heroes that you train and lvl up?

Andy Joslin
01-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey cryonso,

Yes, this game has many RPG aspects. There are heroes that you can level-up, and much customization of your heroes are available as they level-up.

Also, every unit in the game levels up as it fights more. Each level-up lets you choose to upgrade one attribute of a unit a bit. Eg each level you can choose to put a few points in several options. Things like damage, accuracy, health regeneration, etc can be changed each level.

cryonso
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks for the fast answer:D

omardigs
01-19-2011, 01:07 PM
The more I learn about this game the more I like it. I like the idea of the heros upgrade system. It will really make a player think in battle and where to send their heroes outside of it. Things like this really show how the game puts the S in RTS!

gnoss
01-19-2011, 03:28 PM
Sounds epic!

GeneralGonzo
01-20-2011, 03:16 AM
What about equipment ?

I read that there are quests which are for heroes. What are the rewards ? Can I find equipment for my heroies/armys there? Can I even produce speciual items like magic swords or anything similar ?

Zarachas
01-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Sounds like the creators really been thinking through this. Loads of cool elemtents from all the different genres. Cant wait to test this out. Been playing loads of games with persistent elements, but noone really did I think. From what i see from the looks of this game. This is one of the games i realy look forward too :)

StormXLR
01-20-2011, 06:30 AM
I hope there will be something like tavern where people can just come , with just their avatars and hangout in 3rd person view

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 04:08 PM
You've got MMORPGs for that.
No 3rd person view or anything is planned. I doubt it'll ever happen - while it's a cool idea, I think we'll be busy moving the game forward and continuing development even after it is released.

Jolleyboy
01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
So, if you were to describe a game, or a mix of games that this game will resemble upon completion, how would you describe it?

The trailer looks amazing, and the ideas being discussed around the forums are also very exciting. This game seems like it has so much to offer!

LiTos456
01-20-2011, 11:29 PM
So, if you were to describe a game, or a mix of games that this game will resemble upon completion, how would you describe it?

The trailer looks amazing, and the ideas being discussed around the forums are also very exciting. This game seems like it has so much to offer!

From a personal stand-point I'd say it includes elements of games like Mount & Blade, LOTR: BFME, Total War and EVE Online a little bit. But that may vary for different people and the game is still pretty unique on its' own.

Ohnoto
01-21-2011, 07:59 AM
What are the top levels for heroes and units?

Are there various types of heroes to choose from?

bravekilla
01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Wondering, when your heroes dies, does it die permanently or can it be revived ?

PsycoC
01-21-2011, 09:04 AM
I was also wondering about hero deaths. If you kill another players hero do you get somekind of trophy ( Diablo 2's left ear)? Also is there a limit to how many heroes a player can have?

Hurryforcurry
01-22-2011, 12:41 PM
I personally find the hero system is a blend between Shogun 2 and King Arthur.

boiky
01-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Hey cryonso,

Yes, this game has many RPG aspects. There are heroes that you can level-up, and much customization of your heroes are available as they level-up.

Also, every unit in the game levels up as it fights more. Each level-up lets you choose to upgrade one attribute of a unit a bit. Eg each level you can choose to put a few points in several options. Things like damage, accuracy, health regeneration, etc can be changed each level.

makes me remmeber lotr
so what if the unit die? need to build and train again?

Jolleyboy
01-22-2011, 05:54 PM
From a personal stand-point I'd say it includes elements of games like Mount & Blade, LOTR: BFME, Total War and EVE Online a little bit. But that may vary for different people and the game is still pretty unique on its' own.

I imagine it is difficult to nail this game down to a specific style... its going to break a lot of new ground. Thanks for the attempt tho, it gives me a good idea of what to expect. Also thanks for the speedy reply :)

Gamerfett
01-22-2011, 06:07 PM
Yeah I am also wondering about death of units and heros. Will there be such a thing were if the player or unit is killed you loose it. Or is there something like the unit just loses morale and retreats from the battefiled or something and you have to let it recope before putting them in battle again.

Rhino
01-22-2011, 06:32 PM
When a hero unit is killed it is not lost forever as he/she is the only person who can talk to NPC's to start quests. You will have the ability to revive them at your main city.

Gamerfett
01-22-2011, 09:49 PM
When a hero unit is killed it is not lost forever as he/she is the only person who can talk to NPC's to start quests. You will have the ability to revive them at your main city.

That makes sense.

Barca
01-23-2011, 12:50 AM
I just hope the hero system in this game is nothing like the one from Warcraft 3 i really didnt like it because if you had a high enough level hero there was almost no point to even having an army. And that kind ruined the game for me. So if its nothing like that im cool with it.

hawkravengold
01-30-2011, 11:56 AM
You've got MMORPGs for that.
No 3rd person view or anything is planned. I doubt it'll ever happen.

I think that's going to push away a large demographic though. (just my opinion) Maybe something could be implemented inside cities where you could at least zoom in relatively close.

Froody42
01-30-2011, 01:15 PM
It sure didn't alienate anyone from Warcraft, so I don't see why it should here. DoF is a strategy game at its core, and almost none of those have a third person view point.

mcsollar
01-31-2011, 01:09 AM
its good that you can level up that's what i like

Badguy82
01-31-2011, 01:30 AM
I am really into the RPG games and I think I will love this one. I will be quitting WoW once this game is released. =D

Thaiden
01-31-2011, 01:40 AM
I am curious to see what elements are persistent exactly.... Love RPG elements in strategy games hopefully they have some depth to it.

mcsollar
01-31-2011, 10:18 AM
yea i think wow is at it end days