PDA

View Full Version : RTS next gen

pkdavid
01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
What do u want or not for a really good RTS next gen ?

olane123
01-19-2011, 01:18 PM
i want a Warhammer 40k (pc exclusive) game not focused on the blood ravens that includes battle barge to battle barge space combat like an improved empire at war system that lets you take systems for the honour of your chapter and also allows the brilliant ground combat that the dawn of war seires is famous for

Also i would like to see sony and microsoft allow full keyboard and mouse support to allow rts games to develop on thier consoles

nailsnchains
01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
i'd seriously love to see Battle Realms 2! but doesn't seem like its ever gonna see the light of day

Bamboocha
01-20-2011, 07:25 AM
i want to see an new empire earth, in the style of the first one

aftershockzap
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
Warcraft IV would be nice ;]

Seroni
01-20-2011, 07:44 AM
I think that they should back a Warhammer Fantasy RTS, that would be so cool, there so much there to work with!

Quarok
01-20-2011, 09:08 AM
I think that they should back a Warhammer Fantasy RTS, that would be so cool, there so much there to work with!

QFT!

The world is just so amazing! After the debacle that is Warhammer Online, they need to get back into that world and tap some of its potential. The Skaven are incredible, the Lizardmen's encounter with the skaven in Lustria, with clan eshin attacking and attempting to assassinate the slann is some of the coolest lore I've ever come across in a fantasy world

alexander
01-20-2011, 09:58 AM
what is a rts next-gen?

pkdavid
01-20-2011, 10:15 AM
Real Time Strategy next generation ;)

Webi
01-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Battle Realms is also my plan of good Next gen RTS, and if lucky the DoF will also become my favourite.

Mohoa1313
01-20-2011, 01:37 PM
I am with Quarok and Seroni Warhammer would be a good fantasy RTS.

I for one actually like WAR a lot

nobby
01-20-2011, 04:04 PM
Do you mean like Mark of Chaos?? Table top faithfuk WH RTS??

I think mostly WC4! :D

Toven
01-20-2011, 04:23 PM
Bleh enough warcraft they failed at the first one and just continued to breed failure.

Next generation RTS would be something that is on a massive scale with very detailed features and many things to build such as walls, gates, anti carrier batteries, massive space transports and bombardment space ships, battlefield that spans not only on a planet wide scale but also space. Like a combination of sins, supcom and stronghold.

Seroni
01-20-2011, 06:44 PM
i think the Warhammer game could do that because they have the world set up in such a way that this could be done easily. The Warhammer 40k, could do that and I think that would be epic.

Largenir
01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
SupremeCommander sequel which not so boring and childish as SupCom2 - will be nice.

somodimido
01-21-2011, 03:02 AM
played the story of supcom2 and it was much better than supcom 1

the bo system was more complicated in the first part so the second one is for casual games. u can learn it qickly and its a lot of fun for some lonely hours. but i coulndt motivate to play it more often.

manbeast77
01-21-2011, 04:40 AM
I'd love to see all next gen RTS games come with a map editor instead of playing the same 4-5 maps a thousand times before they decide to release a 4 map DLC for 10$. I'm looking at you supreme commander 2......

Largenir
01-22-2011, 05:29 AM
played the story of supcom2 and it was much better than supcom 1

the bo system was more complicated in the first part so the second one is for casual games. u can learn it qickly and its a lot of fun for some lonely hours. but i coulndt motivate to play it more often.
I think story of 1-st SupCom was better. If you make game about war - make it about war, you know... not about family values and other sentimental stuff. Or at least dont make it so trite and banal.
And both SupComs are mediocre in single. But in multiplayer first was a brilliant, but sequel is superficial. Yes it easy to learn.. but nothing really to do after that.

bason
01-22-2011, 05:32 AM
i dont mind if its fantasy or not,but i would like it to have nice combat systems like a good warrior to be fighting off 2 guys at once

darkviju
01-23-2011, 10:44 AM
I would like to see something like a mix of Total War saga and Rise and Fall (control directly your own units). There are some games like this, like M & B or Fallen lords, but for me they are not enougth epic and massive.

Froody42
01-23-2011, 11:15 AM
How would you define a 'next gen' RTS? Considering that Starcraft II is currently the most popular RTS by far, it seems most gamers are still quite happy with mechanics from the previous generation :P

Personally, I agree with the above, I'd love to see a few more games with the ability to fight alongside your armies. But RTS don't do innovation too well - most RTS with innovative systems, like Battle Realms or Rise and Fall, never make it to mainstream success and their innovations are quickly forgotten.

pkdavid
01-23-2011, 11:53 AM
How would you define a 'next gen' RTS? Considering that Starcraft II is currently the most popular RTS by far, it seems most gamers are still quite happy with mechanics from the previous generation :P

Personally, I agree with the above, I'd love to see a few more games with the ability to fight alongside your armies. But RTS don't do innovation too well - most RTS with innovative systems, like Battle Realms or Rise and Fall, never make it to mainstream success and their innovations are quickly forgotten.

I meant a game in the future generation, I am not talking about graphics but everything you want (or not) in the best RTS.

I agree with you for Rise & Fall: he had good points as many other games, but the good points (such as graphics, I said in another post) do not systematically a good game.

HunterAce
01-23-2011, 06:30 PM
A good warhammer 40k game with bigger scope would be awesome. I'm not too into the warhammer fantasy as I would prefer my tyranid swarm. Oh, I also agree on PC exclusive, console rts don't help with the next gen imo :\

rebelglitch
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Ok how about this: Age of Empires meets civilization with a goverment and political system like Alpha Centauri all set in a Dawn of Fantasy world.:D

Hans
01-23-2011, 11:12 PM
Ok how about this: Age of Empires meets civilization with a goverment and political system like Alpha Centauri all set in a Dawn of Fantasy world.:D

idk Alpha Centauri but rest sound good :)

GoGoCactusMan!
01-23-2011, 11:21 PM
The possibility of a high end, next generation RTS is absolutely overwhelming. Its a genre that has incredible un tapped potential.

Take some of the general staples of the genre, like the mini map. SupCom was the only real RTS to take a new apporach to it, and it was excellent. Little features like this could be expanded on, making the series peak into new levels of entertainment.

Unit diversity is another thing. A lot of games offer a wide diversity of units, however I feel like devs could come up with more innovative ways to control them. Perhaps a way to control groups of units other than point-to-point clicks, like control them via WASD like a shooter. For instance, archers are shooting at a formation of men of yours. You split them off into a smaller group and run them to the archers, strafing the group left and right to dodge the incoming arrows. Things like this could make competitive micro grow into an incredibly intense gaming spectacle.

I'm expecting future RTS games that hit it big to be risk takers from indie developers (hence why I am on these forums). There will be a company, one day, that will come out with something completely innovative and remarkable that will completely change the way we play RTS.

numbawang
02-03-2011, 02:45 PM
isnt starcraft still good for a rts?